Server time (UTC): 2020-10-20, 11:48
Sign in to follow this  
groovy cali

Ban appeal- Suspicious Steam Account

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): https://www.dayzrp.com/whitelist/

Why the verdict is not fair: Well, as stated in my welcome thread and in the application itself. I have only had my PC for about a month. I was a primarily Xbox gamer up until recently, but I have bummed a good few hours of game time from my roomate and his PC. He being the one to introduce me to PC through DayZ, Arma 3, Squad.. Those types of simulator games that you just can't get on the console. My roomate moved out about 3 months ago(he went to basic training for the Army), so I decided to just take the initiative and get my own PC.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: Like stated, my steam account is pretty new, but I don't believe that should cause me to not be allowed to play.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: Getting Whitelisted on the server.

What could you have done better?: Better informed the staff on the reasoning behind the 'suspicious' account.

Hey Lemonlime, Please link us all the accounts you have access to, including your ex-roommate's account. Thanks.

The only steam account I have access to is my own http://steamcommunity.com/id/LemonLime98/

My old roomates was called 'Sweetheart' or 'Mr. Sweetheart' and had a picture of a bunny. I can't really ask him because he's at basic training, but I can do some snooping and maybe find it.

This might be it name and picture match, http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198279458443/

I can't confirm though.

Edited by LemonLime

LemonLime,

We have reviewed your appeal and the information you have supplied in it. We are inclined to believe you and have found nothing else that further raises our suspicions.

We will re-review your whitelist application and remove your blacklist.

Outcome:
Appeal Accepted

This appeal has be reopened after something else has been discovered. @LemonLime do you know anything about the forum account "Lamp"?

2 hours ago, Oliv said:

This appeal has be reopened after something else has been discovered. @LemonLime do you know anything about the forum account "Lamp"?

Can’t say I do. Unless my old roommate may of made an account, which is highly unlikely(and would of gone with ‘sweetheart’ because that’s all he uses for usernames).

The reason I ask is because you and that account share location matches on more than one occasion and is a permanently banned account. It shares location matches with another account as well that is permanently banned. The location matches are relatively close to yours as well, which indicates that this is not an issue with a revolving public IP.

Couldn’t tell ya. In the city i’m In, there’s not many permanent residential areas(as the city is only alive March-> August for summer and spring). The locals typically stay in one part of the city. Like 80% or housing here are part time condo’s/tourist trap/etc. I’ve got no idea boss. 

Edit: Well- I do frequent the forums at work, which is(don't laugh) a spa. I work reception at a spa that is on the first floor of a high-rise apartment building that have some older permanent residence, but mostly has a lot of spring breakers who live in it a couple weeks at a time. 

Edited by LemonLime

Ok, your blacklist will be removed, thanks for your cooperation.