Server time: 2018-09-26, 15:36

Nihoolious

The Deal With It Attitude

Poll  

162 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Hebee said:

I don't really see the point of dragging this out for 5 pages what is done is done and being that Rolle has blessed the decision there is really nothing to be gained here other than subtle jabs from opposing ends of the community. Just my two cents.

- User was warned for this post.-

1 hour ago, Yasuo said:

- User was warned for this post.-

Thanks mate, better stay on topic though this is serious dialogue thread ;) I would hate to be the reason you get more points or lose more beanz.

1 hour ago, Mass said:

eeeeeeeeasy now, relax. Appeals are available and you completely skipped the part where I said:

Thanks, I meant the ones Rolle's seen. I'm presuming there is more:

its not against the rules to claim that a report against you is False.  

So you imply that she did this because she felt her authority challenged?  And you think that makes this ok?

55 minutes ago, Macbrine said:

ya you are right we need to look at the longevity of this community.

gassing 4 nibbas who didn't deserve it aint maintaining anything

Given I was there to witness the RP I believe it was the right decision. Just like everything else said here its mainly just opinion.

51 minutes ago, Keira said:

I strongly disagree with you. Ive RPed plenty with those that were banned.They were not any of the toxicity you claim them to be. This is not how we maintain a community and if you want anything left to fight for, no, this was not a step in the right direction but a clear 2 steps backwards.

Whether they were or were not doesn't warrant TrollyRP +Other accusations, rule breaks are rule breaks, and shou7ld be treated as such. Clearly the admin team think that, given the outcome. They just didn't executed the move with the right combo.

49 minutes ago, Henning said:

Being Toxic is not a direct threat. 

its pretty well known that I don't like @DustyRP and he doesn't like me. Just because we might think the other is toxic doesn't mean either of us should be R4'd from the community.

But this wasn't a report about toxic behavior, this was a report about BadRP and BadRP is subjective.  @Aiko is within her right as a member of this community to put up a report for behavior she sees as "BadRP". I'm not saying she is wrong for putting up a report (Again, its her right to do so if she feels the RP was bad). The issue with what she did, just like the main issue @Nihoolious is pointing out is that as a member of staff she took a "My way or the highway" attitude towards the report, she R4'd several members of the community instead of letting the report play out and letting a third party reach a verdict.

This is just the circle jerk this thread has summated too. So I don't feel the need to reiderate things Staff has already said countless times.

45 minutes ago, Squillium said:

80% of the community disagrees with you.

Justice.thumb.PNG.fe79b6d8e0b7660ba2bd943fdbc8a57c.PNG

I've been here for almost 2 years now, and when I first joined I truly enjoyed the community. In the time since I've joined however, the community has changed, and not for the better. Some of it isn't anyone's fault (DayZ's a dead game), but some of it is very much on the staff and Rolle. I'm not sure why when the community was at it's peak staff didn't seem heavy handed, and now that there's barely one server we can fill it's decided to go over everything with a comb. If they deserved to be perm'd it was done in the worst possible way and truly show's the staff's disconnect from the community. Judging from the video however, at WORST they should've gotten a ban strike.

It seems more that our "Ugandan" friends interrupted a group of people that wanted to RP a certain way and got mad because they couldn't go on a bus-ride through the countryside in the fucking apocalypse.

The reason staff has to be so heavy handed these days is partly if not mainly due to the decline in RP quality. They've been leniant in my honest opinion since the quality of roleplay has degraded so much, thats proof in it of itself. Whether they were good RPers or not isn't so much the case at this moment because they're culpable for rule break. Hence the outcome. I personally detested that RP I recieved that day but we tried to make it work.

In terms of my unpopular opinion at least it seems it's on the right side rule wise. R4 or not BadRP and other RuleBreaks should not be tolerated, and continuly skirted around. I could also mention that the poll isn't asking the right question, and could afford to be less black and white. All these sitatuions are much more grey, which is why they're so complicated.

Also I just feel the need to state that last comment of yours @Squillium is wildly inaccurate.

Edited by MeenMuginLovin
Just felt the need to add my opinion on polls, it's a unpopular opinion also.

Just now, MeenMuginLovin said:

Whether they were or were not doesn't warrant TrollyRP +Other accusations, rule breaks are rule breaks, and shou7ld be treated as such. Clearly the admin team think that, given the outcome. They just didn't executed the move with the right combo.

Let those without sin cast the first stone and dont throw rocks in a glass house. All I'm saying.

Just now, Keira said:

Let those without sin cast the first stone and dont throw rocks in a glass house. All I'm saying.

Thats not how rules work... They just need to be upheld.

Then YOU and many in our own group should not be here.

What happened isn't how the report protocol works, that also needs to be upheld.

2 minutes ago, MeenMuginLovin said:

Yeah, lets just permaban everybody who breaks a rule. Doesn't matter what rule, or how malicious or innocent they were, lets just perm them!

48 minutes ago, Squillium said:

80% of the community disagrees with you.

Justice.thumb.PNG.fe79b6d8e0b7660ba2bd943fdbc8a57c.PNG

Not even 1% of the community has voted in the poll...

Just now, Conor said:

Not even 1% of the community has voted in the poll...

Active community my boy.

1 minute ago, DustyRP said:

Yeah, lets just permaban everybody who breaks a rule. Doesn't matter what rule, or how malicious or innocent they were, lets just perm them!

Lets permaban for not following a template! Is that a rule?

Just now, Squillium said:

Active community my boy.

I'm doubtful.

Just now, Keira said:

It should be.

Just now, Conor said:

It should be.

Stop it Qnr, I know you dont mean that <3

1 minute ago, Conor said:

I'm doubtful.

It should be.

uhhhhhhhh no, why would that ever be a thing.

3 minutes ago, Keira said:

Seemingly so.

1 minute ago, SweetJoe said:

its not against the rules to claim that a report against you is False.  

So you imply that she did this because she felt her authority challenged?  And you think that makes this ok?

The insinuation was accidental, I was thinking that Aiko, an administrator, who is in a highly trusted staff position for because her judgement is trusted, witnessed what she was reporting, hence the report, and then she, an an administrator, a highly trusted staff position, was accused of lying. Rolle obviously agreed that this wasn't okay. Anyway, she states in the report (I can't seem to quote it directly):

You may appeal this by contacting emails and appealing to Rolle directly at [email protected] I will give him all the video evidence and let him be the judge of the rp that was given to us at that time.

So I'm seeing this as more of a roundabout way of letting Rolle do the deciding. It could have been done better but this isn't egregious offence everyone is thinking it is, since permabans are only as permanent as the staff make them, which could simply make this a temporary measure.. I'm sure he'll/the admins will reduce/remove the bans if they're undeserved, as they've left the option for appeal. 

Aiko will give her own view of it and Rolle can probably shed more light, but I've explained what I can.

2 minutes ago, Conor said:

I'm doubtful.

Way more people voted in this poll than those that get in game at peak hours. The “total” number of people in this community is more people than what DayZ in total gets on a Saturday. 

5 minutes ago, BSJasonGames said:

uhhhhhhhh no, why would that ever be a thing.

If it said at the top of the ban appeals page in big red letters:"You will be permenantly banned if you do this wrong." then I reckon there would be a lot more people reading how to do things right. If you're still incompetent enough to get it wrong then... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, Squillium said:

Way more people voted in this poll than those that get in game at peak hours. The “total” number of people in this community is more people than what DayZ in total gets on a Saturday. 

I am aware that the game is dead and the community is following it... there's a reason I don't play anymore :D

Edited by Conor

8 minutes ago, Mass said:

The insinuation was accidental, I was thinking that Aiko, an administrator, who is in a highly trusted staff position for because her judgement is trusted, witnessed what she was reporting, hence the report, and then she, an an administrator, a highly trusted staff position, was accused of lying. Rolle obviously agreed that this wasn't okay. Anyway, she states in the report (I can't seem to quote it directly):

So I'm seeing this as more of a roundabout way of letting Rolle do the deciding. It could have been done better but this isn't egregious offence everyone is thinking it is, since permabans are only as permanent as the staff make them, which could simply make this a temporary measure.. I'm sure he'll/the admins will reduce/remove the bans if they're undeserved, as they've left the option for appeal. 

Aiko will give her own view of it and Rolle can probably shed more light, but I've explained what I can.

A false report accusation is not the same as making the accusation of being a Liar. 

You can make a false report against someone due to ignorance of the rules, however this is a bad RP accusation.  Bad RP is subjective and needs discussion.

No offense mate, You may think you are the best Actor in the world, but I may have a wholly different opinion of you than you do yourself.

I've roleplayed with Aiko,  and Ive roleplayed with the Accused. Ill take the Perm'ad players any day.  Those boys never leave me with long pauses, those boys would make you think on your toes. They did things they thought were thought provoking, those boys did their best to make this place less stale,  But because 1 person doesn't like African RP they stand around, barely say anything and record and report.

Just sad that one womans opinion is law around here.  I bet we could drum up more people who enjoyed their Roleplay than didn't.  But that doesn't matter.  

oh and @Mass Banned players who E-mail Rolle Seldom get a response back, and when they do it takes 3-12 months.

Edited by SweetJoe

4 minutes ago, Conor said:

If it said at the top of the ban appeals page in big red letters:"You will be permenantly banned if you do this wrong." then I reckon there would be a lot more people reading how to do things right. If you're still incompetent enough to get it wrong then... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Or ya know, it would just result in unnecessarily permabanning people. 

10 minutes ago, Conor said:

*Shakes in fear and never posts a ban appeal for fear of messing up*

11 minutes ago, Mass said:

I was thinking that Aiko, an administrator, who is in a highly trusted staff position for because her judgement is trusted

Clearly her judgement can't be trusted because any other admin would've known that handling your own report is extremely biased.

It doesn't matter if your judgement is trusted or not, you don't handle your own goddamn report. 

Just now, DustyRP said:

Clearly her judgement can't be trusted because any other admin would've known that handling your own report is extremely biased.

It doesn't matter if your judgement is trusted or not, you don't handle your own goddamn report. 

If she didn't handle her own report how else would she get rid of people she didn't like? 

4 minutes ago, DustyRP said:

I feel that Dusty Speaks The Truth.

This is how this action taken today makes me feel, anyhow.

Edited by SweetJoe