Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 17:15
Sign in to follow this  
Terminus

Teamspeak and Discord

For me and the people I play with in other games like Discord more than Teamspeak. The only reason I have Teamspeak on my computer is for this community. Is there a reason there is no Discord server  for this community? If there is no reason against it, can it be created for those who prefer Discord?

It was voted on months ago and the majority said keep teamspeak, ill try and find the thread for you.

We actually had one for a while, but no one used it and it was difficult for staff to keep an eye on both TS and Discord.

Discord has always been a meme (at least it was back in the day). Not many liked nor used it, and by that time everyone was used to using Teamspeak. Kinda hard to break that habit when its been around for years.

We had a topic on this before, and a majority of the community did not wish to swap to Discord.

The discussion can be found here;

Feel free to read over some members points and what not, either way I don't believe we will be switching to Discord in the near future.

Any day now

1 hour ago, Rolle said:

Any day now

...God I hope this is sarcasm lol

Lets not have discord. Mine keeps saying people signed in from other parts of england even though it's me... so fucking dumb...

19 minutes ago, Mademoiselle said:

Lets not have discord. Mine keeps saying people signed in from other parts of england even though it's me... so fucking dumb...

Iget that from WarThunder, strange thing technology.

Yeah I'd rather keep my meme of a discord of shitposts separate from DayZRP, TS3 is just easier to use for the purpose it has anyway.

Discord is trash 

How about, let's not switch to Discord.

Havent been on Discord in ages. Can we...can we not?

Discord is okey but not that good 

I wish that I could say I was a fan of discord but I'm really not at all. I've lost count of how many times I've had to reinstall the whole program simply because voice chat does not work for me or bugs out.. I've got a $200 mic that works perfectly everywhere else so the problem isn't on my end. The private calls are not exactly top of the line either.

I will continue using discord for DMs and smaller group text chats / discussions, but nothing more. I feel that is what it is best for.

I also feel like everyone and their mother has their own discord with all of their friends.. then those same friends have a discord of their own with a lot of mutual friends. It's honesty a bit ridiculous. 

DayZRP is a large based community and I very much enjoy that we can all come and share space together on it. TeamSpeak is great for that as we can easily see everyone who is connected and presently active as opposed to a large list on the side of who's part of the server. Discord feels awkward for such a large player base and all of the scrolling involved compared to ts3 is rather undesirable. I believe if we switched to discord then a lot of people would simply go back to using their own servers and the community would be scattered further. Another fact being that the average discord user is a part of several servers and probably has a large list of them on the side.. would rather not have to have dayzrp lost in that mess too.. I also think ts3 makes better more efficient use of how much is visible on a single screen to be honest.

Just my rambling thoughts as I sit here waiting for my order of food to be ready :D

Long live ts3!!

I bet you that @Rolle was quite happy when he saw this thread. We have had a discussion about this on the forums a couple of times before but it seems that the community is still in love with TeamSpeak. I would never leave TeamSpeak if I am being honest. I've used it for years now and I almost look at it as traditional when it comes to serious communities. Sure it has some flaws but so does Discord, all in all, though it works well. So why fix something that's not broken.

Discord bad

@LawRP

I've personally never had the issues stated above to do with Discord, but the community uses TS3 for the most part so i think it would not be a good idea to make the switch. unless there's some glaring issue with teamspeak I see no reason to switch just yet.

It's insane to me that people have had so many problems with Discord. I've used it for a while now as a Skype replacement and I've only ever had problems when my internet screws up and Discord has its "caught off guard" moments while trying to reestablish connections again.

Other than technical difficulties though, I see people preferring TS over Discord and some preferring Discord over TS and I've realised it's probably just whatever people are used to. I don't like TS that much, I find it kinda finicky, but I don't use it that much either, whereas I do use Discord.
Most likely scenario is people liking whatever they started using first or happened to prefer if they started using both around the same time. For that reason, if nothing changes about TS to make it stupid or nothing changes about Discord to make it God-tier, go with majority preference.

Honestly, I find TS more simple and advanced than Discord, unless I am just inexperienced with Discord. 

4 minutes ago, Josei said:

Honestly, I find TS more simple and advanced than Discord, unless I am just inexperienced with Discord. 

Nope urite, discord is trash

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Discord sucked then and it sucks now. 

I've been using discord almost exclusively since October and I do not believe it would lend well to DayZRP. The chat clutter would be insane and it would be more effort than it is worth to create individual channels for each group. From my knowledge you still can not make sub channels, but I do believe you can make different headings, so it COULD be possible to create three different channels under one heading labeled as the group name, but again this is far more effort than it's worth.   

I mean I think discord is better because it is free but that's just me.

Please no... Don't let Rolle see this thread.

TS > Discord.

Edit: fuck, too late. he saw it...

Discord (even though its free and good enough) is not better than teamspeak in any way. People who can't afford teamspeak gets discord and it looks bad.