Server time (UTC): 2020-10-29, 01:38
Sign in to follow this  
N-Tox

Lore Wipe

So how often are the lore wipes?
Does it vary? Typically how long does a singular lore last?

It's determined by the admins. Last lore wipe was after two and half years (might have been three, can't remember) I believe. It's really usually asked by the community then the admins put it to a vote between them and that's what decides if a lore wipe happens.

Edited by Zero

Since we JUST had a Lore Wipe I don't believe we will be having another one very soon. Currently, we're not really far enough in the Lore as it stands to consider wiping it. But, the LMs can probably provide more insight into this.

@Major @PCJames 

I am going to throw my two cents in here.  I agree with @Brayces the lore masters would be able to give you a good answer when it comes to this question.

BUT in my opinion a lore wipe may come sooner rather than later.  I feel like we have already reached the "End Game" of the lore because the UN put out a broadcast in game saying that they had developed and used a gas that made 5-6 million infected less responsive and a lot easier to take care of.  I do not know if that is still cannon but the fact that they put something like out really makes the infection seem like it is no longer a major threat.

Lore wipes occur far and very few in between; we do not plan on having another Lore Wipe anytime in the foreseeable future. 

6 minutes ago, PCJames said:

Lore wipes occur far and very few in between; we do not plan on having another Lore Wipe anytime in the foreseeable future. 

alright dope! Thanks everyone

When beta releases :trolle: 

Just now, Rolle said:

Staph!

Last lore wipe the day was 1017 days on the server if that helps.

6 minutes ago, Rolle said:

One military lore faction this time? ?

Not even as a joke, it’d be a good thing at this point tbh

Edited by Squillium

8 minutes ago, Rolle said:

I see the emote, but I'm hoping this is still half serious anyway. 

I think we already kinda miffed up with this lore and went straight back to old lore too quickly tbh tbh. I won't push super hard for a LW for beta, but I'd definitely welcome one.

9 minutes ago, Rolle said:

why didnt we just wait until beta instead of wiping the lore this close to beta lol

this is gonna be an awkward and close lore wipe a second time if we do it again at beta arrival

TBH I'd hate to do a lore wipe just for beta. Let the story come to a logical conclusion. That being said I do miss the those early days of the new lore, but like NateRP said it would be pretty awkward.

13 minutes ago, Rolle said:

If it's true, I'm glad we are waiting for Beta. 9_9

5 minutes ago, NateRP said:

why didnt we just wait until beta instead of wiping the lore this close to beta lol

this is gonna be an awkward and close lore wipe a second time if we do it again at beta arrival

I'd rather have a slightly shorter lore this time than what it is right now. This thing got pretty stale fast because people were back to pre lore wipe stuff within two months, acting like it's dead ass normal. 

A lore wipe for beta with an influx of new players and old players coming back would be great because we might actually do it right this time. 

No. It's not going to happen until most people feel there is a need for it again. It doesn't change anything fundamental and is unncesary.

I have talked to Rolle about this and we aren't going to do anything for Beta. Remember last lore lasted 3 years.

3 hours ago, TiviylScratch said:

I am going to throw my two cents in here.  I agree with @Brayces the lore masters would be able to give you a good answer when it comes to this question.

BUT in my opinion a lore wipe may come sooner rather than later.  I feel like we have already reached the "End Game" of the lore because the UN put out a broadcast in game saying that they had developed and used a gas that made 5-6 million infected less responsive and a lot easier to take care of.  I do not know if that is still cannon but the fact that they put something like out really makes the infection seem like it is no longer a major threat.

Read the rest of the world lore on that front. Most recent entry.