Server time (UTC): 2020-10-26, 01:45
Sign in to follow this  
-Boom-

Legbutts (LGBTs) of DayZRP

Which letter(s) of LGBTQ+ do you identify with?  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So with V-Day just coming to pass I've been curious as to how many people here identify as queer/one or more of the LGBTQIA(BZDEFGetc) letters. B, here.

This isn't a pandering/outing thread, just if you feel comfortable talking about it I think it'd be cool to get some visibility [shrug emoji]. Also feel free to discuss various things queer.

I also added a poll if you feel like identifying that way. Queer stuff goes below I guess. I'll start:

Spoiler

my boyfriend is very cute and I love him

I too love my boyfriend. 

Side note, as I told someone in the vent thread, if you need to talk about anything relating to any LGBTQ+ stuff, I'm always around if you need to talk. I've dealt with loads of shit relating to it before, so I'm sure I could offer some advice, or just be someone to listen to what you have to say that understands what you're going through. 

Dont be a stranger :P

2 minutes ago, Jasper said:

I too love my boyfriend. 

Side note, as I told someone in the vent thread, if you need to talk about anything relating to any LGBTQ+ stuff, I'm always around if you need to talk. I've dealt with loads of shit relating to it before, so I'm sure I could offer some advice, or just be someone to listen to what you have to say that understands what you're going through. 

Dont be a stranger :P

Right on! I appreciate that, and same here. People need to look out for people.

Is...isn't this pandering tho. Like making one that was like ''lets have a straight people thread woooo''. Dunno, to each their own i suppose. 

My boyfriend @JoffreyRP knows whatsup

Just now, UndeadRP said:

Is...isn't this pandering tho. Like making one that was like ''lets have a straight people thread woooo''. Dunno, to each their own i suppose. 

We are all equal we should only brand ourselves as human. God bless u all

Just now, LouieRP said:

We are all equal we should only brand ourselves as human. God bless u all

I mean, some of us are more equal than others you irish bastard :^D

6 minutes ago, UndeadRP said:

Not really though. It's the same argument as "why isn't there a straight pride parade?"

Its because every day is straight pride my guy, and straight people aren't marginalized or treated differently simply because they're straight. Straight people also have their own sense of community automatically, as it's the majority of human beings that are straight. That's pretty evidently not the case for LGBTQ+ people. 

I could go on, but it's more suited to PM's. If you want to talk further on this let's take it there. 

11 minutes ago, UndeadRP said:

I don't think so. Straight relationships are pretty much the norm, making up the majority of the world's populations (obvs), so this is usually represented in mainstream media (although we're seeing different dynamics explored more commonly.) It's more like "hey here are other people who have something in common with me that most others can't relate to, we have similar shared lived experiences and can empathize on a more personal level."

Like yeah we it's 2k18 we all equal in here fam, but is talking about non-typical sexualities and gender expressions particularly pandering? The point is just to see how many of """us""" are on here. And yeah in some cases there's a need for an LGBT specific crowd/space, being a minority group and all the stuff that comes with it. On a basic level it's just nice. I'm not very good with words so I can't explain it very well without getting pretty personal.

EDIT: what Jasper said tbqhfamiglioni

Edited by Petrovsky

No offensive but why is this a thread, is this a joke? I don't care what you identify as. If you want to talk about this sort of thing shouldn't be done on, oh, I don't know, a website dedicated to it? This is a gaming website/community. If you want to have a place of your own for whatever group or clique you're a part of then go to said place?..

Edited by Zero

3 minutes ago, Zero said:

No offensive but why is this a thread, is this a joke? I don't care what you identify as, if you want to talk about this sort of thing shouldn't be done on, oh, I don't know, a website dedicated to it? This is a gaming website/community. If you want to have a place of your own for whatever group or clique you're a part of then go to said place?..

If we apply that argument zero, 90% of threads wouldn't exist. I see no reason to pull that card here. 

Real life picture thread, venting thread, forum games, literally hundreds of other topics I'm sure you've posted in before.

8 minutes ago, Jasper said:

Its because every day is straight pride my guy, and straight people aren't marginalized or treated differently simply because they're straight.

What about a white pride thread then? Only a minority of people are white supremacists, so we should definitely do that now...

No clue why you would create a thread like this, not because I am triggered but because I know this won't end well. 

Also to answer what I am, I am a straight white male.

7 minutes ago, Beni said:

I should probably stay away from this thread. I promise you all, If I said what I wanted to say... I'd be gone. But I'm not going too, because it's not worth it.

I identify as an IPhone 4 though, so that's something.

I don't believe in all this LBGT stuff though. My political views don't allow it. 

Then why are you posting lmao.

8 minutes ago, Zero said:

No offensive but why is this a thread, is this a joke? I don't care what you identify as. If you want to talk about this sort of thing shouldn't be done on, oh, I don't know, a website dedicated to it? This is a gaming website/community. If you want to have a place of your own for whatever group or clique you're a part of then go to said place?..

It's a thread for the above reasons. This is a website but it's also a community. Communities are diverse and have lots of different people in them. In those communities people like to talk about various things, namely things they might have in common with others. This is off topic, you can make threads about more or less anything you like.

Edited by Petrovsky

Just now, Grimnir said:

What about a white pride thread then? Only a minority of people are white supremacists, so we should definitely do that now...

No clue why you would create a thread like this, not because I am triggered but because I know this won't end well. 

Right because having an LGBT thread is totally comparable to a white supremacist thread. Get the fuck out of here with that. 

One is fueled on hating vast majority of people, the other is simply so people that fall into that category can know they're not alone...completely the same though, right?

Guest Beni
1 minute ago, Petrovsky said:

Then why are you posting lmao.

Check the post again... I've posted what I identified as lmao.

Ya boys out here being a straight white male.

Edited by Beni

1 minute ago, Grimnir said:

tyvm the none button is for you friendo. I honestly didn't expect this sort of response I guess? I sort of figured the relevant people (people who this applies to or w/e) would vote/post. I figured the community would be a bit more mature/selective but it's kind eering towards trolly atm.

2 minutes ago, VictusRP said:

Yo, where is my Attack Helicopter gender button? I can't believe this no respect where is equality, and when is discrimination gonna stop? SMH.

Urite am very sorry will fix asap please dont dox me.

3 minutes ago, Stiflex said:

Is this the new meme thread?

i hope not

10 minutes ago, Petrovsky said:

a bit more mature/selective but it's kind eering towards trolly atm.

Urite am very sorry will fix asap please dont dox me.

i hope not

Because it's become a meme. It's 2018. People for the most part don't care anymore if you're gay or if you're trans. Sure racists/bigots will always be a thing, but you aren't being taken from your homes and thrown from the roofs by massive mobs (unless you live in the Middle East that is). The majority have accepted it and have moved on. I personally think it's stupid to make a thread or have parades over something that has been accepted as human nature or for something you are. It would be ridiculous to have a white pride thread or white pride day but what the hell, let's have one anyways because we all need to feel special.

Edited by Zero

2 minutes ago, BostonRP said:

This has no place here. To PMs... Or Steam!

If you mean the thread, y tho

1 minute ago, Zero said:

Because it's become a meme. It's 2018. People for the most part don't care anymore if you're gay or if you're trans. Sure racists/bigots will always be a thing, but you aren't being taken from your homes and thrown from the roofs by massive mobs (unless you live in the Middle East that is). The majority have accepted it and have moved on. I personally think it's stupid to make a thread or have parades over something that has been accepted as human nature or for something you are. It would be ridiculous to have a white pride thread or white pride day. 

It's not about other people caring. I don't care if people care or not. If it doesn't concern you pay no attention to this thread, it's in off topic for the very reason that it can be ignored. As previously stated I'm just interested in seeing who else is lgbt(etc) in here. That's all. A lot of people in here are making assumptions about motives etc but the thread boils down to this:

"who else queer in here"

"me"

"cool"

Nobody's asking for an official thread, validation or a bloody award lmao. I was just interested.

9 minutes ago, Zero said:

Because it's become a meme. It's 2018. People for the most part don't care anymore if you're gay or if you're trans. Sure racists/bigots will always be a thing, but you aren't being taken from your homes and thrown from the roofs by massive mobs (unless you live in the Middle East that is). The majority have accepted it and have moved on. I personally think it's stupid to make a thread or have parades over something that has been accepted as human nature or for something you are. It would be ridiculous to have a white pride thread or white pride day but what the hell, let's have one anyways. 

Again zero, those things are not comparable in the slightest. 

White pride is an ideology fueled by thinking you're superior and hating others. 

Gay pride parades and LGBT pride parades are founded in a sense of community.

And things are far from "fully accepted" and perfect. LGBT people cannot donate blood, LGBT people are still disproportionately the victims of violence and assault in the United States (especially trans people) and job discrimination is still a thing. I myself have lost out on being hired to places because of my sexuality. Don't talk about things you're clearly very uninformed about.

Edited by Jasper

Guest Beni
4 minutes ago, Jasper said:

I myself have lost out on being hired to places because of my sexuality. 

Can I ask, how do you know this?

Edited by Beni

2 minutes ago, Jasper said:

White pride is an ideally fueled by thinking you're superior and hating others. 

Actually, my statement earlier wasn't accurate. There is a difference between being pro-white (white pride) and being a white supremacist. I am not hateful just because I love my own more than others. So yeah love instead of hate.

5 minutes ago, Petrovsky said:

If you mean the thread, y tho

Because, this is a forum for a videogame, not social discussions.

1 minute ago, BostonRP said:

Because, this is a forum for a videogame, not social discussions.

>Open off topic
>Read thread titles
>Airsofting, favourite colours, music, venting, irl pics, v-day

yes urite am sorry only video games in here yes sir

Just now, Grimnir said:

Actually, my statement earlier wasn't accurate. There is a difference between being pro-white (white pride) and being a white supremacist. I am not hateful just because I love my own more than others. So yeah love instead of hate.

Right ok, show me a period in history where white people as a collective were systematically oppressed or persecuted? You can't. You can't because that's never happened to white people as a collective. LGBT people? Yeah, it's happened more than once and still happens in a lot of the world today.

2 minutes ago, Beni said:

Can I ask, how do you know this?

Honestly? I knew a few people that worked there who more or less told me afterwards that there was a number of less than LGBT friendly people on the higher ups and management areas of the place, and a few workers there in general that were at least moderately open about not liking gay people. It's to be expected in some areas here in fact. Florida can be a pretty conservative place. 

11 minutes ago, Jasper said:

Again zero, those things are not comparable in the slightest. 

White pride is an ideally fueled by thinking you're superior and hating others. 

Gay pride parades and LGBT pride parades are founded in a sense of community.

And things are far from "fully accepted" and perfect. LGBT people cannot donate blood, LGBT people are still disproportionately the victims of violence and assault in the United States (especially trans people) and job discrimination is still a thing. I myself have lost out on being hired to places because of my sexuality. Don't talk about things you're clearly very uninformed about.

Clearly you are misinformed of the laws in the United States. If you have been discriminated against due to your sexuality than you have a right to sue and you will win, because there are laws that protect you. Perhaps you just aren't qualified friendo? Also, gay men can donate blood but must do so after 12 months of last sexual conduct due to the increased risks of STDs from anal sex, transferred due to the fact that blood can be mixed for  reasons I am sure you can conclude yourself. Sorry that there are regulations put into place to protect others. 

Information found here

LGBTQ Donors

Employment Discrimination (State, local and across, not Federal)

I will refer to something you already said. 

"Don't talk about things you're clearly very uninformed about."

Edited by Zero

4 minutes ago, Jasper said:

Right ok, show me a period in history where white people as a collective were systematically oppressed or persecuted?

There is a nice book called Christian Slaves, Muslim Masters. White Slavery in the Mediterranean, The Barbary Coast and Italy 1500-1800 by R. Davis about Muslims enslaving whites by the dozens.

Also yeah that's it enough derailing this thread, sorry staff.

Edited by Grimnir