Server time (UTC): 2019-06-19, 11:58
Sign in to follow this  
VodkaWolf

Vent Corner: The place to talk about problems you have IRL

Its a 2017 Honda grom, it isn't the repair that cost 1500 alone, it needs to get its insurance again and I am being ripped off. just how it works here

1 hour ago, Hardwired said:

Honda grom,

Well there’s your problem. ?? gl man 

3 minutes ago, CaliforniaRP said:

Well there’s your problem. ?? gl man 

Best bike there is xD 

My bike got stolen a while ago. Kinda really sucks.

Spoiler

My older brother served our country for almost 8 years(due to a lot of bureaucracy fuck ups here and there when he first enlisted) and since he's gotten out almost 3 years ago something has not been right with him. From random drunken mutterings of, "I killed 1300 people" to outbursts of nonsense and arguing way worse than ever with my parents. I know I can never understand what may have happened to him whilst over seas in the Army but no one should act the way he has been now and again for 3 years if they were still of somber mind. Something happened to the person I knew as my brother and what my family has gotten back is a horribly contorted shadow of what was once my brother who I could enjoy spending time with and bullshit with. His latest outburst has my mother heartbroken, he's making accusations that both our mother and our great grandfather of Sexually Assaulting him.............his mind isn't right he needs help, I've contacted the VA seeing if they can make him have to see a therapist or something cuz these episodes are growing in frequency and what he says just show further signs of how far gone he has become. The VA gave me 3 numbers to find support groups for either him or our family but the most disheartening thing I was told by the hotline operator was the next time he has an episode like this or worse where we believe he is a danger to himself or everyone around him to call the police. 

And I was having a rather nice day to

Edited by Pastor

Well, been a long day for me today, many factors took part in my decision but something tells me it wouldn't have gotten better. I lose my motorbike on my birthday next monday which is awful, My guitar is still broken, My PC on it's last legs and honestly feel like I have pretty much 0 friends here. My time here felt like it meant nothing which sucks.

Looking for work is a ballache, getting played about by employers. On the bright side I have been travelling a little I hope to do more and just get out. I wish I had my bike so that I could do it more than I would like to since my bike is my pride and joy, but £1400 pounds a year to run. no thank you...I cant handle that ? 

Edited by Mr Black

Honestly I'm not sure how to put this.

I suppose the easiest way is simply, and bluntly. Recently I moved, away from my old school and away from all of my real life friends. I can't tell if I've been acting like its fine or if it really is. Everybody I used to hang out with, and even some of my best friends that I JUST met this past year have been entirely ripped from my life. I'm scared for so many reasons and I keep using drugs to push that fear out of my mind to fester. I'm scared that I'll be a fucking loser at this new school, which is insanely bigger compared to the last one I went to. I'm scared of being less popular because I've never felt like that. I've always been the charismatic guy that everyone loves. But deep down I fear that people hate me and that Im off putting at times. I'm also afraid that my coping mechanism's which are currently edible drugs and the opiates that I dont abuse, will take over my life with addiction and I'll become dependent on them. I'm so afraid of so many things.

Spoiler

OK so been planning a trip to Poland for a short while and had a small amount of issue regarding the bureaucracy of apply for my passport until a few days ago. So now that I have everything squared away and ready for my post office appointment I inform my boss that I'm not coming in the day of for that reason giving a 12 hour plus notice so that his son doesn't waste time coming to get me in the morning and the response message I got makes it seem like he's pissed that I let him know before hand word for word, "Why are you telling me the night before? I will let you know when I need you again." I don't see a reason to be angry when we recently hired 3 new people my cousin and my other boss' son is working with us each other day on top of my boss' 2 sons and the 2 other guys who have been working for him for years. My mom told me his attitude may be because he and my aunt have been arguing a bit the past day or so(maybe in part to my cousin showing up super late friday) I don't know communication has not been his strong suit I have learned after working for him for 5 years especially around the times when our work would dry up and I would wake up early as I thought I had to and for weeks and almost months on end would be left in an informational darkness until I spend a week plus asking then I'd get told that we had no work for a while.  In five years i have had to apply for unemployment at least 2-3 out of them. It's weird but this job I do enjoy in itself but....maybe I need a drastic change in my life maybe I NEED to go somewhere else and do something else......sad fact I never saw myself doing construction on my future when I was younger(I hate making myself feel old with shit like this) I foresaw myself working in a kitchen as a cook I studied culinary in HS because it was a vocational school............maybe that what I need to do go live somewhere else reinvent myself

gotta love when u try and do things by the book

tfw its my first day of college today and after having a good day i walk out to the parking structure and my car has a fresh new painting job scrape. I know it's not as bad as other situations but it's been eating away at me since i found out ?. Anyways just tilted not really mad about it but i will be watching for the lucky person who's got a new paint stripe on the side of their car and who knows might just take a bat to it ?

PS:also this isn't actually how i parked in the parking structure because i'd be coping a fat ticket if i did park like this lmaof.thumb.jpg.7dcfbbce706e09554085a682de28f5c6.jpg

Edited by EdgyNova

Spoiler

welp work is slowing down AGAIN so my financial situation is not gonna be the best for a duration so far I have been told there won't be a need for me to go on unemployment but I've heard that before. this is a pain in my ass as this forces me to postpone my trip to warsaw and will make the demanded renovation of the bathroom me and my brother must do all the more of a pain in the ass so hopefully I can get affiliate on twitch soon as i almost have 50 followers and just need a slightly higher viewer average and maybe i can start pulling in some money that way.....i hope

yep average way i end my summers

10 hours ago, Pastor said:

-snip-

so sorry to hear about that. Money can be a pain sometimes.

Hope everything turns out well for you, You'll be alright!

13 hours ago, EdgyNova said:

-snip-

Yikes dude, that sucks. Hope whoever did that got caught on a camera or something. Best of luck dude!

one of my old friends got redpilled into thinking hes a navy seal. plz help. hes such a pussy now

1 hour ago, N-ToxRP said:

one of my old friends got redpilled into thinking hes a navy seal. plz help. hes such a pussy now

beat his ass end of story

Of all people to kill they chose 

lil peep

x

fredo

mac miller 

smh

Broke up with GF last night so yeh....good times

1 minute ago, Cobe said:

Broke up with GF last night so yeh....good times

Get an e girl bro it’ll all workout, but on the real women suck. Invest the energy into something beneficial for your mental health or your career that’s what I did after my break up it helped me further my career so much 

8 hours ago, Diamond said:

Get an e girl bro it’ll all workout, but on the real women suck. Invest the energy into something beneficial for your mental health or your career that’s what I did after my break up it helped me further my career so much 

Agreed, I aim to do so

On 8/13/2018 at 6:06 AM, Pastor said:
  Hide contents

OK so been planning a trip to Poland for a short while and had a small amount of issue regarding the bureaucracy of apply for my passport until a few days ago. So now that I have everything squared away and ready for my post office appointment I inform my boss that I'm not coming in the day of for that reason giving a 12 hour plus notice so that his son doesn't waste time coming to get me in the morning and the response message I got makes it seem like he's pissed that I let him know before hand word for word, "Why are you telling me the night before? I will let you know when I need you again." I don't see a reason to be angry when we recently hired 3 new people my cousin and my other boss' son is working with us each other day on top of my boss' 2 sons and the 2 other guys who have been working for him for years. My mom told me his attitude may be because he and my aunt have been arguing a bit the past day or so(maybe in part to my cousin showing up super late friday) I don't know communication has not been his strong suit I have learned after working for him for 5 years especially around the times when our work would dry up and I would wake up early as I thought I had to and for weeks and almost months on end would be left in an informational darkness until I spend a week plus asking then I'd get told that we had no work for a while.  In five years i have had to apply for unemployment at least 2-3 out of them. It's weird but this job I do enjoy in itself but....maybe I need a drastic change in my life maybe I NEED to go somewhere else and do something else......sad fact I never saw myself doing construction on my future when I was younger(I hate making myself feel old with shit like this) I foresaw myself working in a kitchen as a cook I studied culinary in HS because it was a vocational school............maybe that what I need to do go live somewhere else reinvent myself

gotta love when u try and do things by the book

Hey, think of it like this, you skipped a step. Most cooks switch careers after a few years, often into construction. 

If you're serious about becoming a cook, if you're in the US, go to a GOOD restaurant, tell them you want to wash dishes for them but want to learn how to cook too and move up to prep when they think you're ready. Then bust ass and be reliable. You're in. 

If you're in Europe, find a good place and tell them you'd like to stage a day or two a week and learn. It won't pay but you'll learn and if you do well you'll have a foot in the door and good contacts. Many chefs like people with basic knowledge. This means they've developed least as habits. 

If you have any questions feel free to pm me, I currently work for a restaurant group that held a Michelin star for 10 years before rebranding the concept, one of the owners has a silver in the bocuse d'or and is team leader of my country's bocuse d'or team. The other two has received chef of the year and young chef of the year respectively. I've also worked for another silver medalist too with experience at the French laundry. 

Edited by Sasha

Don't stress too much brothers. My grandfather used to say "All the bad things that happen, appreciate the sun still rises tomorrow, and tomorrow is another day". Perhaps a bit cliche but its something thats stuck with me through the bad. Life is beautiful and most problems do have a solution.

IKIFEEL.jpg

I hate my job even though it makes me a decent amount of money, more than most people in my age group. All of my friends are at college and I'm busy working. I feel like I skipped a step in my life (the college social experience), and I feel like I should be happy or proud of myself for saving money and time, but I'm not.

But fuck it, at least I have roleplay

EDIT: This sounds like a humblebrag and I swear to God I'm not trying to do that.

Edited by Cipher

2 hours ago, Cipher said:

I hate my job even though it makes me a decent amount of money, more than most people in my age group. All of my friends are at college and I'm busy working. I feel like I skipped a step in my life (the college social experience), and I feel like I should be happy or proud of myself for saving money and time, but I'm not.

But fuck it, at least I have roleplay

EDIT: This sounds like a humblebrag and I swear to God I'm not trying to do that.

No humble brag man. It’s not all about money, if you’re genuinely unhappy with what you do no amount of money can make that better. Your sanity and moral state is much more important. Jobs come and go homie, same with money. Can’t take it with you. Start looking for something you would geniuly enjoy and it will make your life more positive then opportunities come along the way ?

Edited by Diamond

3 hours ago, Furlean said:

Don't stress too much brothers. My grandfather used to say "All the bad things that happen, appreciate the sun still rises tomorrow, and tomorrow is another day". Perhaps a bit cliche but its something thats stuck with me through the bad. Life is beautiful and most problems do have a solution.

IKIFEEL.jpg

If I could pin this to the thread I would, thanks for this!

When you get to work and the tasks you have asked your team to do the night before haven’t been touched and everything looks worse then how you left it 1 day prior.

box of hangers took the brunt of my frustration this morning, it’s no longer a box of hangers just a mess on the floor with foot holes in it.

you can get the staff these days