Server time (UTC): 2019-08-20, 01:57
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

Upcoming community changes - February 2018

I also can see more and more reports going up to and it will be the same report over and over 

DID NOT REINITIATE INVALID KILL 

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

Correct. Lets say you and me meet up randomly ingame and walk down a road into a town. You go loot a house left and I go loot a house right. Rolle and Oliv (who are together in an official group) then initiate on you and I hear it from across the street. Instead of just blasting them I would have to initiate on both of them in order to save you. 

That's silly.

1 hour ago, Rolle said:

1. Player list on the server statistics have been removed

2. Private radio frequencies will be removed

3. Dynamic groups will be removed

4. SMART goals will work more as a guideline

5. Griefing rule will be added to the rules

1. Long hair, don't care.

2. See 1.

3. Dogshit. No, really, this seems like a terrible idea. As others have said, this now means that the initiating group will always have the upper hand because your dynamic has to re-initiate. So, when my character runs around with his brother, if someone points a gun at his face and tells him to shut his ginny wop ass up, I actually have to re-initiate to defend him. Again, as others have said, I wouldn't get to finish the animation of raising my weapon before we're both dropped. Hell, we could be with others and outnumber the initiators and we'd likely still get slaughtered. As Buddy said, if anything, this is more likely to keep me from wanting to go in-game than to pursue RP (which is, I understand, what this server is supposedly all about still).

Also, unlimited kill rights for groups? That is almost worse. Unless you guys are attempting to promote PvP > RP, this shouldn't even be on trial, it should be thrown in the garbage, burned, and forgotten.

4. Good move, no one seems to care about the T-part.

5. Seems smart enough, though I'm sure that 'griefing' will need endless clarification anyhow.

I understand giving people the incentive of making groups and getting more groups up and running. But removing one of the most realistic and basic survival instincts is kind of "meh" in my eyes (and obviously others). I'm sure there were talks of other options, besides removing KOS rights. Heck, Spartans idea on keeping defensive instead of offensive rights would be a great middle ground. I think what you will achieve with this is less people getting in game, and possible more reports arising. But I guess we will see how things develop and go in game, before I completely shun the idea away.. Although I'm not that optimistic. 

I don't see any positive to removing dynamic groups. Its just going to result in mass bans and angry players.

Not necessarily, it would be good to make more groups, rather than large unknown groups in the website form, then when a report comes up there is "There was that guy that killed me, he was from that unofficial group" then the guy can say ""no I'm not" and so on and so on.

1 minute ago, Shazzzam said:

Not necessarily, it would be good to make more groups, rather than large unknown groups in the website form, then when a report comes up there is "There was that guy that killed me, he was from that unofficial group" then the guy can say ""no I'm not" and so on and so on.

I don't think creating more groups is a problem. I'm for more groups, i'm not okay with people who don't run with official groups losing any chance of winning as a victim in a robbery.

Should I just bend myself over a barrel now and take the pounding, or hope that the removal of dynamics will be vetoed.

I just came back to rp, and been playing in game with friends, but even then, majority of the time, I'm by myself. And I have met NONE of these official groups. I've heard of UPS and trust me, my character isn't going to join them after being accused of being a member and being accused of being a pedo because of it. Even after looking at all the groups, my character wouldn't see a reason to join them.

And I'll say this, I'm not a pvp'er. I am fucking shit at it, but if an initiation is dropped on someone I'm with, my one and only fucking hope is to raise my gun and try to get enough rounds unloaded into the initator of my traveling companion before I'm returned to pre-lore Logan levels of swiss cheese (it's was bad).

The rules need to account for in game mechanics, and we all know that you will get domed pieced before that gun even gets leveled, let alone the first letter leaving your lips through the mic.

I'm not a happy camper.

53cead103c53b85c2bd5fceb1c47cfdafb0b14b5

Clearly no one is happy with the removal of dynamic groups. Skipping the testing period or making it say a month long at max sounds like a good idea. 

1 hour ago, SomeWeirdAssGuy said:

So the bait used to push people to create groups is... an incentive to PvP... in a roleplaying community... Seems legit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do people who want to roleplay need a bigger carrot? Does being in a group stop you from roleplaying? Come on, answer these questions for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, Oliv said:

Do people who want to roleplay need a bigger carrot? Does being in a group stop you from roleplaying? Come on, answer these questions for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It doesn't stop you from roleplaying but it can and will change your play style which can impact your roleplay.

Swell indeed my friend. Swell indeed.

If it ain’t broke then why fix it? What exactly is so wrong with dynamics that they need to be removed completely?

1 minute ago, Sandy said:

If it ain’t broke then why fix it? What exactly is so wrong with dynamics that they need to be removed completely?

exactly.

Thank you yung @Rolle

20013DCD-C63B-4E96-BD49-873E8256F8D7.gif.9e3917795f2fddd03a44a0641e066be3.gif

Edit: Personally idc about dynamics anymore but the shitstorm that is forming may block the sun.

Edited by Squillium

I have a thought, yes, believe it or not.  I’m gonna bring back Kovar’s.  I only need a couple people besides myself to operate the market.  Everyone else can be runners with free range of the map.  

So, for all those small dynamic groups out there without an official group to call home, I offer you Kovar’s Market.  Other than checking in every so often to see if the market needs anything, you are free to do as you please.  

Oh, and since you’d belong to an official group, you’d share kill rights while on your journeys.   Problem solved.

And, yes, I’m kidding.  Well, sort of.

4 hours ago, Rolle said:

3.Dynamic groups will be removed

The concept of dynamic groups will be removed, and with it kill right sharing between players not in an official group. With dynamic groups removed, only approved group members share kill rights with each other. Everyone not affiliated with an approved group are treated individually and will have to fight and survive on their own. Additionally, official groups do not have a distance or line of sight limitation to the kill right sharing, it is always available to all group members. There will be more explanations exactly how this will work in game, along with common examples once this is implemented and the rules are in place.

The reason for this is to encourage players to create new, creative groups as well as allow the staff for easier balancing of power and a better screening process when it comes to groups. This is a trial and we will review the general feedback and effect this will have on game play, role play and player experience in a 1-3 months and decide what to do about it then.

Wasn't bothered about any other rule than this one. I understand the thought behind it, but it honestly is just immersion breaking if you're expected to have to initiate someone who initiates on a close ally/friend of yours and are unable to act imminently. I'd say we don't entirely disregard this idea, but perhaps shorten the testing time to a month, if it's successful and works (Which i think it won't) then great! But, if it simply causes controversy and vast amounts of unhappy players, remove it and think of an alternate middle-ground.

An example:
Off = Member of an official group.
Non-Off = Pretty self explaing.
1 Off initiates on a single 1 Non-Off who has Non-Off-friends around, Non-Off resists and wins.
Now Non-Off is killed by another undercover-Off but the friends of the Non-Off, who themself never got originally initiated on by the now dead Off, need to reinitiate on the guy who just killed their Non-Off friend who was originally initiated on.
But this reinitiation will never happen because the Non-Off friends of the now dead Non-Off dont know if there might me more Undercover-Offs and are kinda forced to either get killed by unidentified Offs or be like "Oh snap, he just killed our friend. Lets just leave in case the Off has more friends" ... because of realism 10/10.
(To make the read more fun, drink a shot everytime I wrote "Off")

The removal of dynamic groups will not result in new and unique groups being made. It will result in either everyone joining a group (if that group even lets them join) or it will result in generic, cookie cutter groups being made that don’t serve any other purpose than to share kill rights. 

Not only that, but this will hurt casual players and is extremely immersion killing. I get that the original intention for dynamic groups was for them to be temporary, but that is not how they have been used for literally at least 3 years. If the intent for dynamics was to be temporary, why didn’t you clarify that in the rules or on the forums during any part of those 3+ years? Why is it only now being changed? 

There’s also the issue that not everybody has time to make or join an official group. Sometimes people just want to get on every once and a while to play with their friends. They may either not want to or cannot put forth the effort to stay active or make/join a group. So, that person and their friends potentially move on to another community with less ridiculous immersion breaking rules. 

The server desperately needs everyone it can get right now. Pushing people away by implementing annoying and immersion breaking rules will hurt the server terribly. I understand that the intent is to limit pvp, but pvp is not an issue right now. There is only one consistent bandit group right now, and it’s not like we’re initiating and killing everybody we can see. 

All in all, I believe this was a terrible change to make and will only serve to hurt casual players, hurt immersion, and ultimately push some people away from the community.

thank you, @Rolle for updating us with these changes

god bless you ?

-User was warned for this post-

31 minutes ago, DustyRP said:

The removal of dynamic groups will not result in new and unique groups being made. It will result in either everyone joining a group (if that group even lets them join) or it will result in generic, cookie cutter groups being made that don’t serve any other purpose than to share kill rights. 

Not only that, but this will hurt casual players and is extremely immersion killing. I get that the original intention for dynamic groups was for them to be temporary, but that is not how they have been used for literally at least 3 years. If the intent for dynamics was to be temporary, why didn’t you clarify that in the rules or on the forums during any part of those 3+ years? Why is it only now being changed? 

There’s also the issue that not everybody has time to make or join an official group. Sometimes people just want to get on every once and a while to play with their friends. They may either not want to or cannot put forth the effort to stay active or make/join a group. So, that person and their friends potentially move on to another community with less ridiculous immersion breaking rules. 

The server desperately needs everyone it can get right now. Pushing people away by implementing annoying and immersion breaking rules will hurt the server terribly. I understand that the intent is to limit pvp, but pvp is not an issue right now. There is only one consistent bandit group right now, and it’s not like we’re initiating and killing everybody we can see. 

All in all, I believe this was a terrible change to make and will only serve to hurt casual players, hurt immersion, and ultimately push some people away from the community.

This sums up the issue perfectly.