Server time: 2018-11-17, 22:20 WE ARE RECRUITING
Roland

Upcoming community changes - February 2018

So, to counteract the dynamic groups being gone, will group membership requirements be offed, so we can have groups of three and four with killrights? Will these be held to the same standard of normal groups, or have some kind of mini-group rules? Will people bother to report others who shoot them after they initiated on someone?

1 minute ago, SarcasticSurgeon said:

So, to counteract the dynamic groups being gone, will group membership requirements be offed, so we can have groups of three and four with killrights? Will these be held to the same standard of normal groups, or have some kind of mini-group rules? Will people bother to report others who shoot them after they initiated on someone?

With any luck it wont be necessary. Hopefully we can stop dynamic groups from being removed.

5 hours ago, Rolle said:

Additionally, official groups do not have a distance or line of sight limitation to the kill right sharing, it is always available to all group members. There will be more explanations exactly how this will work in game, along with common examples once this is implemented and the rules are in place.

Yeah I hope we can get some more explanation on this.

Cus all I'm getting from that is the amount of reports people will post when they get JFK'd from over a km away, an hour after they rob someone. But maybe I'm reading this wrong?

So I have a question, if you are currently with a "dynamic" group, and you're initiated on while a friend is a bit away, and you're initiated on, your friend is within VOIP range and shoots them without initiating... That makes sense from an IC perspective. To just shoot them, but it's also against the rules... If someone is reported for defending their friend, would that be considered rule play over role play?

3 minutes ago, BSJasonGames said:

With any luck it wont be necessary. Hopefully we can stop dynamic groups from being removed.

It's in place from Rolle posting this as far as I'm aware on that, so..

2 minutes ago, Spartancrg said:

So I have a question, if you are currently with a "dynamic" group, and you're initiated on while a friend is a bit away, and you're initiated on, your friend is within VOIP range and shoots them without initiating... That makes sense from an IC perspective. To just shoot them, but it's also against the rules... If someone is reported for defending their friend, would that be considered rule play over role play?

Rdm aint it?

22 minutes ago, SweetJoe said:

Rdm aint it?

Correction - Invalid Kill: Roleplayed

Just out of curiosity, why is it necessary to do away with dynamic groups? What is the reasoning behind this change?

Edited by Darra

3 minutes ago, Darra said:

Just out of curiosity, why is it necessary to do away with dynamic groups? What is the reasoning behind this change?

I believe they said its because not enough people were joining official groups...

6 hours ago, Rolle said:

3. Dynamic groups will be removed

Finally we are moving in the right direction and going back to the communities roots by promoting imagination and effort in approved groups being worked on. Should build back a great community spirit and allow members to get to know eachother a lot better.

43 minutes ago, SweetJoe said:

I believe they said its because not enough people were joining official groups...

My bad, I see that now.  

Well until these changes have been tried I don't think there is any need to "chicken little" the situation, and it will be interesting to see how this goes and whether people abuse some of the rules (there is a lot of potential here for official groups to abuse the changes to dynamics to gain the upper hand).  I still think the Dynamic changes should retain a defensive aspect though.

The distance/LOS thing makes sense but I have a quick issue that I would like some clarification on.  I think the old rules used to specifically mention something about not remembering the circumstances behind your death, but the new rules don't make any mention of this under the NLR just that " When your character dies you must continue your role play as if you were wounded in the situation that lead to your death ".  Under the new 'trial rules' which dispose of the distance/line of sight limitation, will there be something put into the rules so that when someone in an official group is killed, they can't just "wake up on the beach injured" and radio in about being shot at to inform group members that they all now have KOS rights since they are in the same official group?  Also will it be considered "Baiting" if one person goes in to a town/settlement causes shit and gets initiated on even though their friends are on the other side of the map and not hiding in the trees?  I only ask because it's arguably the same outcome, just a different time frame of shots going off?

6 hours ago, Spartan said:

That's why I prefered to keep the defending sharing rights how they are and just get rid of the offensive ones. There are some scenario's where getting rid of both will promote the RP > PVP but as with every rule there are also exceptions. Keep in mind that this is a trial and that the features are subject to change if deemed necessary.

Maybe keep defensive rules for dynamics but limit it to a distance?

problem lies with how you want the servers to go

Realistc - gets boring fast and server dies out due to hardly no interaction (hiding away solo or in small numbers)

unrealistic - more imagination in manufacture of groups, more social as a community through new friendships, new stories developing from group interactions

Great to see that the community is trying out new things, even if certain members are less welcoming of said changes than others.

4 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Finally we are moving in the right direction and going back to the communities roots by promoting imagination and effort in approved groups being worked on. Should build back a great community spirit and allow members to get to know eachother a lot better.

Exactly, people aren't going to like it "but muh PvP" but that always comes with changes for the better :)

Big fan of number 3. The other numbers aren't to bad either but #3 is cash. Finna have to hop in game sometime now even if beta isn't out.

I appreciate that the server is making changes even if I don't necessarily agree with all of them. Hopefully some of these changes should shake up rp if only for a while. 

I gotta say I don’t think it’s a good play to be removing dynamic groups kill rights we are only strengthening the imbalance of extremely large groups and people operating with one or two other people.  Someone is already at a disadvantage when they are playing alone or only with a few others, I don’t think they need to be put at a even greater disadvantage

say if two characters are RPing two brothers

and one brother is killed then by person A

it makes more RP sense then it does not for the other brother to have KOS rights on this person A, but from what I can understand under this new rule set unless the two brothers are part of a specific group official on the forums, this is not allowed -- unless i'm reading what the rule change is wrong

just my feed back — I think I understand why some people would think this may be a good idea but I just think the cons outweigh the pros 

tldr:  massive groups don’t need any other kind of advantage in game play — dynamic groups should retain kill rights in my opinion

Edited by GaryCash

Well dynamics removal will probley hurt to some people.

It will hurt more for lonley survivors

All the other stuff nah idk guess good

Edited by BorisRP

Even though I'm in a official group. The fact that they are removing Dynamic Groups makes me wanna cry.

Rest in peace.

I think that this just gives large groups even more power to dunk on people. Maybe you should reduce the group minimum size from 5 to maybe 3 or 4? That would allow the small dynamics to be more goal oriented and drive their own RP, without losing power. The way I see this change is that it's a way to better monitor what RP everyone is providing since it's pretty stale right now. No need to punish casual players and people who just like to roll round with their friends. Also, I'm all for people making groups with good goals and shit, stuff that will actually make the server feel real. I just think that you're forgetting that people are SURVIVORS and a lot of peoples' goal is simply to survive. Surviving is a lot harder with these rules too, as you can't have a man on overwatch any more, you can't have people hiding in the bushes on the side of the road. You all have to be there and you can just get swarmed. Basically, anyone in a small group has to be submissive as fuck. I guess this kind of adds realism but it's not so easy, a lot of people have been in this community for a long time and they have a lot of friends. Others not so much. You see group after group coming out with pretty much exactly the same roster. It's because it seems once you've made friends in this community you stick with them. So these people always have an advantage against the casual player, or even the player who just isn't part of one of these huge cliques. 

Basically, if someone robs or shoots my friend, it seems dumb that I can't shoot the robbers because we don't have an official forum thread.

18 hours ago, Spartan said:

Correct. Lets say you and me meet up randomly ingame and walk down a road into a town. You go loot a house left and I go loot a house right. Rolle and Oliv (who are together in an official group) then initiate on you and I hear it from across the street. Instead of just blasting them I would have to initiate on both of them in order to save you. 

that makes absolutely no sense in game.... @Rolle...seriously, what? 

Just now, RogueSolace said:

that makes absolutely no sense in game.... @Rolle...seriously, what? 

Seems like in that situation the best option is to text initiate and tell them to let your friend go so they can't tell what direction you're coming from. And we all know how shitty text initiations are...

Just now, Thoros said:

Seems like in that situation the best option is to text initiate and tell them to let your friend go so they can't tell what direction you're coming from. And we all know how shitty text initiations are...

I mean... if it was just me versus 2 people against my friend, I wouldn't fucking say a word to them, I'd just shoot. Because giving myself away = screwed. It makes no sense to have to turn and initiate on both of them instead of hearing the threat, being in the required distance, and being able to initiate. 

Just now, RogueSolace said:

I mean... if it was just me versus 2 people against my friend, I wouldn't fucking say a word to them, I'd just shoot. Because giving myself away = screwed. It makes no sense to have to turn and initiate on both of them instead of hearing the threat, being in the required distance, and being able to initiate. 

I feel like this rule change is trying to solve a problem and causes an even bigger problem in doing so.