Server time: 2018-02-19, 23:36

Rolle

Upcoming community changes - February 2018

30 minutes ago, Rolle said:

3. Dynamic groups will be removed

200.gif.df525aac144dfbb7c4d84fc15f36b27c.gif

I am not in my happy place right now. Simply going to sit and see how this goes before making any critical judgments about it. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT// just gonna tag this onto the end of my post ti restate my initial thoughts on removing dynamics:

reeee.PNG.633eb6776300402b2606ad29ec0b17ca.thumb.PNG.c7ec1badbd9c76ba8c88816df3c2e0b8.PNG

Edited by Buddy

@Rolle Is taking tents from a camp okay as long as there is IC reasoning to take/destroy it because let's say the said compound/base have tortured you before or is it just destroying bases not aloud even with only IC intent?

Other than that I guess we can see how everything pans out :3

Edited by Galaxy

11 minutes ago, Rolle said:

Additionally, official groups do not have a distance or line of sight limitation to the kill right sharing, it is always available to all group members.

This worries me greatly. I'm all for removing dynamic groups as a thing, but unlimited range to kill rights, if this is what this is, doesn't sound like a good idea. Like ever. Ever.

Rest of the changes are meh, don't really care either way.

17 minutes ago, Rolle said:

giphy.gif

Yaasss. +1. 

Now just need beta so we can see how it works with higher numbers getting in game. (And so it will be interesting to get in game again)

Edited by Hebee

15 minutes ago, Rolle said:

1. Player list on the server statistics have been removed

Fair enough, I didn't know it existed tbh.

2. Private radio frequencies will be removed

I get the reasoning, but still :( 

With dynamic groups removed, only approved group members share kill rights with each other. Everyone not affiliated with an approved group are treated individually and will have to fight and survive on their own. Additionally, official groups do not have a distance or line of sight limitation to the kill right sharing, it is always available to all group members

That's huge. That's actually huge. I'm not sure how I feel about it. 

4. SMART goals will work more as a guideline

WE'VE BEEN HEEEEEEAAAAARRRRDDDD!!!!!! @RogueSolace @Squillium @Phatal @Mademoiselle + Anyone else I've rambled about this to.

18 minutes ago, Rolle said:

5. Griefing rule will be added to the rules

Awesome, heard about this happening and have been affected by it previously.

13 minutes ago, Rolle said:

1. Seems okay, I guess, I know people use it to metagame but people will still do it anyway by looking at the players in the server as you already said, I think its just easier for people who want to use it as its intended.

2. Fair enough, private radio frequencies aren't realistic as you would be able to switch through them, but it was still a feature I liked for private communications between friends, to avoid random big dicking on the radio.

3. Image result for tom cruise gif 

Really not a fan of this, I doubt others will be either, so now even if your friends get initiated on you would have to reinitiate? I like what you've done with the group kill rights, makes more sense.

4. Praise the lord. Moving on..

5. Weeell I was always unsure about that, If I had an IC reason to burn down a tent or take it would I be able to? I guess you'll have to clarify.

19 minutes ago, Rolle said:

The concept of dynamic groups will be removed, and with it kill right sharing between players not in an official group. With dynamic groups removed, only approved group members share kill rights with each other. Everyone not affiliated with an approved group are treated individually and will have to fight and survive on their own.

A bit confused here.. so does this mean that if someone shoots my friend I will not be able to avenge his death, unless we are in an official "forum group"? Regardless of how close friends we are and how long we have been surviving together? Two or three people just passively chilling and trying to get along won't really make a proper group.

2 minutes ago, Mass said:

With dynamic groups removed, only approved group members share kill rights with each other. Everyone not affiliated with an approved group are treated individually and will have to fight and survive on their own. Additionally, official groups do not have a distance or line of sight limitation to the kill right sharing, it is always available to all group members

So if i'm with a group of friends and they go 'CAPELLA PUT YOUR FUCKING HANDS UP' my friends have to go "Oh ok, well we can't do anything... *walks off*" Or? 

Sorry it confused me a bit, I've only woken up.

1 minute ago, Mademoiselle said:

So if i'm with a group of friends and they go 'CAPELLA PUT YOUR FUCKING HANDS UP' my friends have to go "Oh ok, well we can't do anything... *walks off*" Or? 

Well, they could reinitiate I guess, but it'd be a bit of a..

Image result for spiderman pointing meme

1 minute ago, Mademoiselle said:

Actually yeah, that's a good question. @Rolle in the interest of maintaining a stable sense of immersion and realism, are you able to initiate on people who've initiated on others who you are friendly with? That still a thing?

Additionally, official groups do not have a distance or line of sight limitation to the kill right sharing, it is always available to all group members

20 minutes ago, Galaxy said:

@Rolle Is taking tents from a camp okay as long as there is IC reasoning to take/destroy it because let's say the said compound/base have tortured you before or is it just destroying bases not aloud even with only IC intent?

Other than that I guess we can see how everything pans out :3

It'd depend on the IC reasoning used. In some cases it may be seen as justified, in some others, it may not at all. Sort of how execution rights used to be done.

7 minutes ago, Mademoiselle said:

They could initiate themselves like:

*Raises weapon*

"Do as she says or else."

They could also just commit a hostile action against him.

What will not happen is:

"I started a firefight, come to me now" (as long as within 500m)

I am personally a bit iffy on this one though.

Additionally, official groups do not have a distance or line of sight limitation to the kill right sharing, it is always available to all group members

Should remain a LoS or distance limitation if you ask me. The rest is good.

Just now, KyleRP said:

Well, they could reinitiate I guess, but it'd be a bit of a..

I really am beginning to question logic if it's so. Plus people still use ts without broadcasting IG to get IG position advantage. So it's pretty much a lose lose for the person who is initiated on which will make them all the more saltier and all the more reports.

Realistically, if I had friends in the area that heard people screaming for me to put my hands up, I'd expect them to pop them. Not walk off like a bitch and leave me to die. Those aren't friends. And it will just be a, "WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU HELP ME!?" Followed by my friend going "Uhhhhhh there was uhhhhhhhh too many of them uhhhhhhhhhhhh.... but really uhhhhhhhh it's cause there is a rule that uhhhhhhhhhhh doesn't let me help you." That's the vibe I get....

Apparently SMART goals were always a guideline, but the way it was presented by Rolle made it seem as if your group would get removed if you didn't acommplish a goal by the time limit. See i learn these things at the same time as you guys.

Just now, Mademoiselle said:

I really am beginning to question logic if it's so. Plus people still use ts without broadcasting IG to get IG position advantage. So it's pretty much a lose lose for the person who is initiated on which will make them all the more saltier and all the more reports.

Realistically, if I had friends in the area that heard people screaming for me to put my hands up, I'd expect them to pop them. Not walk off like a bitch and leave me to die. Those aren't friends. And it will just be a, "WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU HELP ME!?" Followed by my friend going "Uhhhhhh there was uhhhhhhhh too many of them uhhhhhhhhhhhh.... but really uhhhhhhhh it's cause there is a rule that uhhhhhhhhhhh doesn't let me help you." That's the vibe I get....

Yeah, just unrealistic if you ask me. I think we should keep the group kill rights range, realistically if your friend gets shot at 1000m away and your running over and he identifies the attackers, you shouldn't have to reinitiate.

5 minutes ago, Mademoiselle said:

Your friends can still initiate on the people who initiated on you. This change doesn't mean that your friends can't do anything to defend eachother. If they just walk off, you gotta find better friends :D 

23 minutes ago, Rolle said:

1. No strong feelings either way. I see why it was removed and thus have little to say on it.

2. I can also see why this was removed, little else to say.

3. I pray to Lord Gaben himself that this is only removed for the offensive aspect to shared kill rights. I have an issue with sendingin in 1-2 guys to initiate so your 4 boys in the trees have rights to kill, but what I will hate (much like many other people) is having to watch a friend get taken away and me be unable to do anything. Again, keeping the defensive aspect could lead to an increase in baiting, but this is why we have the baiting rule in place. However,

30 minutes ago, Rolle said:

Additionally, official groups do not have a distance or line of sight limitation to the kill right sharing, it is always available to all group members.

This worries me. This would be incredibly easy to abuse and potentially very easy to cause Mis-ID reports (due to people not being logged in etc.) This IMO is a rule that only promotes firefights between groups, and abuse of 'sketchy' kills. Like i could be in a group, rob a guy for a tiny bit of gear and that guy's entire group could kill every single one of my friends simply because of my actions? This just seems, to me, like a lot of unnecessary bloodshed in what is predominantly an RP server. Not a fan.

4. I like this. The 'T' was IMO the biggest and only issue with it. 

5. I'll wait to see the final result.

Are dynamic groups removed to get more groups going?
Basically now you will be forced to reinitiated on the official group that's attacking you so they have a chance to ID whos who removing all risk factor from the initiation seems quite stupid IMO.

Edited by Eagle

2 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Your friends can still initiate on the people who initiated on you. This change doesn't mean that your friends can't do anything to defend eachother. If they just walk off, you gotta find better friends :D 

Wait, I thought we said you couldn't have your dynamic initiate on a person or group and share kill rights, and that if you and your friends were initiated on everybody had kill rights?

1 minute ago, Para said:

This worries me. This would be incredibly easy to abuse and potentially very easy to cause Mis-ID reports (due to people not being logged in etc.)

The same thing happens even when there is a 500m range, people still Mis-ID and it goes back to that old saying, "Don't shoot if you don't know who your shooting at" The rule is already potentially easy to abuse, nobody can tell if each and every person in a firefight was in 500m, so personally I think its fine.

I'm puzzled about the griefing rule.

I, whenever I come across a tent in the middle of nowhere filled with High end gear steal it all and drop it around in the forest if I can't carry it all. 

Then I tell people where the tents are IG

Would that be a ban now?

Edited by Prince

1 minute ago, KyleRP said:

The same thing happens even when there is a 500m range, people still Mis-ID and it goes back to that old saying, "Don't shoot if you don't know who your shooting at" The rule is already potentially easy to abuse, nobody can tell if each and every person in a firefight was in 500m, so personally I think its fine.

So what you think is fine, is making an 'already easy to abuse' rule, even easier to abuse?

latest?cb=20140928165911

Do you have any idea how absolutely stupid that sounds? Like... really.

Edited by Para

3 minutes ago, Major said:

Wait, I thought we said you couldn't have your dynamic initiate on a person or group and share kill rights, and that if you and your friends were initiated on everybody had kill rights?

Correct. Lets say you and me meet up randomly ingame and walk down a road into a town. You go loot a house left and I go loot a house right. Rolle and Oliv (who are together in an official group) then initiate on you and I hear it from across the street. Instead of just blasting them I would have to initiate on both of them in order to save you. 

1 minute ago, Para said:

So what you think is fine, is making an 'already easy to abuse' rule, even easier to abuse?

latest?cb=20140928165911

Nah, I'm not saying its okay at all, but theres literally nothing we can do about it, we either have a range and HOPE that people follow the rule, or we don't have a range at all.

Edited by KyleRP

Just now, Para said:

This worries me. This would be incredibly easy to abuse and potentially very easy to cause Mis-ID reports (due to people not being logged in etc.) This IMO is a rule that only promotes firefights between groups, and abuse of 'sketchy' kills. Like i could be in a group, rob a guy for a tiny bit of gear and that guy's entire group could kill every single one of my friends simply because of my actions? This just seems, to me, like a lot of unnecessary bloodshed in what is predominantly an RP server. Not a fan.

RP is supposed to in a large scale, be realistic. If you rob a kid he will go back to his parents and tell them right? Same goes with someone in a group getting robbed and telling his pals who did it and which group he is a part of. It is called vengeance, avenging someone. If you do not get it, then you are quite sugarcoated.

I personally like this rule a lot because in this way people won't be safe and just get away with it. Now robbing or causing any harm on someone that is a part of a group has big consequences as it should have! Thanks @Rolle and about the groups please review my suggestion about the measurement in the thread started by @Squillium thank you!