Server time (UTC): 2020-10-26, 03:53
Sign in to follow this  
Macbrine

Radio and Role Play: The Comprehensive Guide

QONVIyz.gif

The fucking standard has been set get on it sub par roooooleplayers

@everyone 

Shits lit as fuck mickeybree

But King Macineil you only erp and don't roleplay what would you know of radio rp.

Real talk ty for the guide friend i learned so much important things about hand held radios. My roleplay will never be as shit as it was again. 

woke as fuck now

Tbh this is actually quite helpful, will be bookmarking this guide for the future.

Nice one.

I disagreed with the other thread but I do like this one. It'd be better if everyone had to abide by these standards though, rather than some people doing it and others doing Private Frequencies for the hell of it.

I always write as if I am using a radio station with a much higher frequency that uses an antennae or some additional device to extend the range of it. And if I am giving out hints that I am outside I always say it's a handheld radio, since I can't carry the whole radio and the station and everything etc. Being in the military for half a year teaches you realism! 

I will drop a link to any newcomers who are interested in radio RP.

Good work @Macbrine

One addition later if you want to go more in depth would be stuff about SAT phones and other communication tech, even maybe MORSE. Just a thought.

Edited by Chief
//one thing you might want to add

Decent guide mate, might make some effort to perform my knightly duties now since you know some shit about radios and I respect that shit.

But really this is a well written and technically accurate guide, people should follow this if they want to realistically use the radio chatter rp.

You tryin'a tell me that *Smashes Radio* isn't a viable way to end a broadcast or somethin'?!

Honestly this is a good guide did not know this stuff before so

A lot of detail and effort was clearly put into this guide, I like it. +1.

tumblr_opkaglYJNM1sk1rjvo1_500.gif.3951d47ea17b0ce38557293475e0b274.gif