Server time: 2018-10-22, 04:38 WE ARE RECRUITING
Mass

Curiosity on preferred Event Types

Curiosity on preferred Event Types  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just a thought I had. What kind of events are people actually into, what they want to see in the future, etc.
I'm pretty sure the poll allows for multiple options to be chosen so click whatever takes to your liking.

Options consist of anything that came to mind while writing up the choices. They're pretty all-encompassing so I believe that's covered. Doubting Multi-day events will be a popular option but I put it in for the sake of coverage.
Also feel free to share an idea or two if you have any. You might have an idea but not the will/people to make it happen, but others might want to adopt the idea if you let them.

Hopefully the creators of the community might get some inspiration on what they could do next from the responses and poll results.

Credit to those mentioned, btw. You can find all of the examples in the Events section if you haven't seen them already.

Edited by Mass

Lore events hands up. I have so good memories from those. they are mostly well organized, long and really interesting. I hope we see more of them in close future

23 minutes ago, Itsmez said:

Lore events hands up. I have so good memories from those. they are mostly well organized, long and really interesting. I hope we see more of them in close future

Same. I'm big on story in roleplays and have said before that it was a shame the Lore suffered due to the collapse of the lore groups at the beginning of the wipe. We have VDC now but events would go a long way, since they're something most people can take part in.

Could there be an "All of the above" option?

Thanks for this, by the way. 

15 minutes ago, Taryn said:

Could there be an "All of the above" option?

Thanks for this, by the way. 

Done. Shame I didn't think about that before I wrote Indifferent.
And no worries. Share this with your buddies if you like. The more people who vote, the more informative it'll be.

Well personally I like anything that is interesting and gives me a reason to get on and look forward to it, PVP events.. Lore progressing events, hell even a fishing tournament is fun enough :)

Lore events for the win 

Lore events, lets progress!

Lore events which can include everyone not just Lore groups!

13 minutes ago, DrMax said:

Lore events which can include everyone not just Lore groups!

Well there's only one Lore group now so they'd be hard-pressed to get community attendance to an event that only allowed those 10 members. They'd probably bring in outside forces like the guys from Miroslavl or some other military faction. I'm not up-to-date on what's around.

6 minutes ago, Mass said:

Well there's only one Lore group now so they'd be hard-pressed to get community attendance to an event that only allowed those 10 members. They'd probably bring in outside forces like the guys from Miroslavl or some other military faction. I'm not up-to-date on what's around.

I dont believe we would do an event for only us in any case. That would defeat the purpose of being a lore group. 

There is an event upcoming though, for what its worth. Details TBD. 

Lore events.

Any Mod OG Remembers The Council and how they tried to nuke Chernarus, before we turned up and broke all their armed Littlebirds.

1 minute ago, Taryn said:

I dont believe we would do an event for only us in any case. That would defeat the purpose of being a lore group. 

There is an event upcoming though, for what its worth. Details TBD. 

Mm, that was my point but I did skew my explanation with the second sentence. I meant the Loremasters (like yourself) would bring in outside forces to conduct Lore-related events so that people would play as those factions or interact with them.

1 minute ago, Rifleman said:

Lore events.

Any Mod OG Remembers The Council and how they tried to nuke Chernarus, before we turned up and broke all their armed Littlebirds.

That sounds cool. I don't know what we'll be seeing of military vehicles in Standalone but who knows what the modders will come up with. Map-wide nuke would be a script kiddie's wet dream, though. 

1 minute ago, Mass said:

I meant the Loremasters (like yourself) would bring in outside forces to conduct Lore-related events so that people would play as those factions or interact with them.

Ccorrect, only to lend assistance and prevent the event from getting dicked in the end. Its easier if its not just us 10 trying to handle the rest of server pop. 

3 minutes ago, Mass said:

That sounds cool. I don't know what we'll be seeing of military vehicles in Standalone but who knows what the modders will come up with. Map-wide nuke would be a script kiddie's wet dream, though. 

Sadly, probably not for quite a while. 

I want to see more on going events but I want to see events that progress the lore more than anything.  PUSH THE LORE FOREWORD!

6 minutes ago, TiviylScratch said:

I want to see more on going events but I want to see events that progress the lore more than anything.  PUSH THE LORE FOREWORD!

Why don't you do an event then?

12 minutes ago, Thoros said:

Why don't you do an event then?

"Get the White Raven (Clinic) stocked up and running again (Day 215)" will probably be an Ongoing Event by San Valentino and @TiviylScratch plays one of the Heads of Medicine in that group, so he is doing one :D

Assuming I'm right @FieJaxon.

19 minutes ago, TiviylScratch said:

FOREWORD!

The lore foreword can be found here: https://www.dayzrp.com/lore/
:trolle:

Edited by Mass

3 minutes ago, Mass said:

Assuming I'm right @FieJaxon.

Yes! You are right!

Anything that I can powergame the fuck out of people with.

3 minutes ago, Major said:

Anything that I can powergame the fuck out of people with.

There's probably an app for that.

You'll be wanting "Out-of-Lore Events." Concerning, you being a Loremaster and all. :P 

I dislike scheduled events for the most part but I'm always up for wreaking noobs.

14 minutes ago, Mass said:

There's probably an app for that.

You'll be wanting "Out-of-Lore Events." Concerning, you being a Loremaster and all. :P 

Powergaming people with Lore is in my job description. But in all seriousness admins tools will really help.

I'm kinda weird, and I almost would love to see it be a group requirement to put on an event. I think it would be really fun seeing the different groups come up with something that matches their goals or whatnot. 

Could it feel pretty forced? Yeah, maybe for certain groups. I just like the idea c:

Edited by Kattica

12 minutes ago, Kattica said:

Could it feel pretty forced? Yeah, maybe for certain groups. I just like the idea c:

I've seen a few folks who could use the boot up the arse to get some RP going, not a bad shout.