Server time (UTC): 2019-12-15, 14:18 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Ron

S1 - BadRP - 28/01/2018 ~7:30pm

No one said you cannot play as a native american. The way it is played out is what is in question - for me.

Quoting myself again to hopefully make it more clear:

I am pretty sure that everyone wrote a nice character page but to roleplay someone who worhips the nature (like a shaman or something) realisticly, there should be some research done, otherwise it is just stereotypical and bad. As @Ron mentioned, I also saw way worse roleplay. However, I could not take this, in any way, serious at all.

2 minutes ago, Terra said:

No one said you cannot play as a native american. The way it is played out is what is in question - for me.

Quoting myself again to hopefully make it more clear:

We could play a native americans that had guns and dressed like everyone else on the server, but decided to stand out, which we do. We were not the ones chanting "hey ya hey ya" around a tree, but obviously the blame is going to be thrown on us because we are the ones that play the natives. If you had a problem with how WE meaning me, Law and Clint, were roleplaying, please PM us as we already had our doubts on how the community would recieve the characters. 99% of the reception has been good, such as me getting put in the "whose rp did you enjoy today" thread for the first time playing a native american and recieving pms saying that our rp was good and enjoyable. We have made an effort to tone down our characters, such as taking the fruit off of our walking sticks. If you have any suggestions for improving our rp, while keeping our characters fun to play and interact with, I am listening.

@Terra and I spoke to @Dallas he explained the situation, where he was coming from and apologized to us. 

Again I did not say one cannot play a native american. I don't care if you play a character of any Nationality / Ethnicity as long as you do it in a realistic way. What is to be seen in the video, is someone encouraging the rituals of what was brought towards him along with someone else. It appeared weird. @Dallas explained it now and it adds up to Terra and I. Thanks for the nice chat again.

Seeing this situations shown in the video, reading the character lores it just appeared unrealistic to me for a native american tribe to meet up in a country like Chernarus (civil war / rebuild process etc. etc.) and spread their rituals around randomers, like a missionary. Not saying you did - saying it appeared like that. This doesn't belong in this report though - If I got the time I will leave you some feedback in a PM. For the Barrel / trolling part @Yoshi needs to decide if he wants to create a report since @@Terra and I haven't been part of that situation. 

I'm good to close this.

Not a problem @Ron and @Terra. It was a pleasure talking to you both and thanks for lending an ear and hearing me out.

Appreciate the input back from both parties. Being neither a Native American nor a Somalian bothers me in any way. It's the manner of roleplay. Your in-character harassment over a petty barrel isn't of concern until it becomes as confusing as it did. I was simply attempting to warm and dry my character and wanted to do so with the barrel, seeing how he's a hobo, thinking it'd be a novel prop for my camp. When you came about attempting to dismantle the fire by "vandalizing" the barrel that was, at that point, already vandalized with holes, it made no sense. To take it further, I made use of the tree logs, and the sticks, being that I was looking for anything and everything I could burn to keep it around as long as possible once I had it going. I had a reason to keep it going once people were around, offering them the warmth and companionship of the fire. When you took the barrel the first time, it was frustrating, but I let it go. When I got the barrel the second time, after managing to grab your hint, I had made a fire, composed of the exact same elements, sticks, rags, and logs, just to the side of my tent. No one had a problem with it. I moved it back to the barrel; you had a problem with it, purposely grabbing the sticks and logs from the barrel so you could passively grab it and move it away, even pulling out a bow, cuing that you knew you were under my skin and ready to fight. I pulled my gun and asked for you to stop, and your 'brother' pulled his bow as well, as if you'd been looking for a fight the whole time. Once we talked over the barrel and sorted out the 'coin' and 'claim' of the barrel, you left it alone. Again, I made a fire, same components; sticks, rags, and logs, right next to the barrel, and you had no issue with it. The same reason you gave for taking my barrel, you contradicted on multiple occasions. You also claimed the barrel was man-made, when I brought up this contradiction, and stated it was a sacrilege to burn the once living thing in a man-made. So clearly you are against man-made items and luxuries, yet your character backstories offer up that you were riding in planes on flights for a conference for Native Americans to meet in a country that had no bearing on your culture or ethnicity? If a Somalian, American, Italian, Irish, or whatever ethnic or cultural background has a good and consistent story to back up their roleplay, then why not let them? I don't care at all if you play a Native American, chant war cries, or pray to tree-gods. But for the love of roleplay be consistent. None of what you show is consistent or warranted. You only seem to do what you're doing to get a rise. THIS is why, if this report is closed, I'll continue the report on my own, as well as bringing in more video evidence from the second situation to back up my claims.

@Ron due to Yoshis recent comment we feel the need to keep this report up. With that being said, @Yoshi if you could please provide us with the additional video you state you have, unedited.

Speaking from my own POV, I only stumbled upon Pulkovo by accident heading south from the NW airfield. I stayed there for about 30 min or so and left. As for the badRP, I suppose some people weren't being too serious, however I certainly didn't have a problem with what I saw/heard.

It's almost done uploading. I pulled it from Plays today because I didn't feel it was fully relevant to the original reported situation and now see that it could be of relevance. I didn't edit the footage in any way, but shortened it to a few minutes prior to the incident in question and a few minutes after, for the sake of the fact that I was logged in for nearly 2 hours of full footage, so it's condensed to about 20 minutes here for ease and relevance.

Here is the rest of my video footage, as relevant to my prior statements regarding the second encounter. Mind the time lapse of about 4 to 5 hours between this incident and the incident prior due to logging off and running errands IRL.

https://plays.tv/s/Laza74qgVZmi

Since @Eli Tate has been online since being called in but has failed to post a POV, they will be temp banned until they do so.

@Brady Am I needed to provide a POV, seeing as the new video I am present in?

I dont remember much of the moments involving me but I clearly had nothing to do with the worshiping circle group. sorry to be little to no help with the topic at hand. i talked to a girl about some people on a hay bail then proceeded to look at a man out of breathe from running then watched two people struggle to get out of a pipe for a while. nothing else on the topic im afraid

Edited by Eli Tate

21 minutes ago, Eli Tate said:

I dont remember much of the moments involving me but I clearly had nothing to do with the worshiping circle group. sorry to be little to no help with the topic at hand. i talked to a girl about some people on a hay bail then proceeded to look at a man out of breathe from running then watched two people struggle to get out of a pipe for a while. nothing else on the topic im afraid

Thank you for posting your POV your temp ban has been lifted. 

Logs have been updated to show connection logs for Law, please post a detailed POV on what you saw during this situation @Law.

@Brady Which situation?

4 minutes ago, Law said:

@Brady Which situation?

The one from Yoshis video and from the videos from the OPs post(if you were involved)

I'm not in Yoshi's video, and I'm seen for a total of about 20-30 seconds in the OPs video.

My POV in the original video: I log in to head to Stary because that's where I was told the rest of my friends were, within moments I got swarmed by people who were praising me and asking me questions about my beliefs, I talk to them about stuff and some guy comes up and accuses me of stealing his barrel. I had no idea what he was talking about so I just told him several times I didn't steal the barrel. Several people told him to fuck off and that I didn't steal anything. After people finally left me alone for a bit i decided to walk away. I saw a tree cut down so I said something along the lines of, "I'm sorry that this has happened to you tree, allow me to lay you to rest." and then I hummed for a couple seconds then I walked away. I got off shortly after because I've been having a ton of crashing problems.

I agree. I did ask him about my barrel due to his look but he denied it and I found the original two responsible for it later on. He wasn't involved in my situation although I did see him in the area during the situation in the OP.

So this report has been open since the 28th of January, being the only report for quite a while.

I've pointed out twice that the logs were wrong. I've told GM's who they missed to call in which was pretty damn obvious, since it was an identified & mentioned ally of some suspects. I did get in contact with the people who I thought were the suspects of the situation I mentioned and cleared things up. I feel like a space holder for a reported situation (Yoshis Part), a situation I wasn't even part of. No one proceeded to asked any further questions, instead I was asked if @Yoshi already posted the video for the last bigger statement he did (you could've told if you looked at the thread once), while speaking to a GM. I did ask staff members for a min. to chat  - they never got back to me. I know that there are some people from staff who wont touch the report since they are friends of Terra and I. Still, I counted through and there are a lot of other GM's left.

The last person called in posted a POV 7 days ago.

Is there anything the GM team needs to solve this? Anything else I can help with?

Edited by Ron

Apologies for the long wait and inconvenience.

Verdict:

@Mr_Clean - Bad RP - Guilty

@Clint - Bad RP - Guilty

Explanation:

We start with @Ron and @Terra entering the town of Pulkovo, where they stumble up on several people. Ron decides to steal a few things, as well as chatting to @Yoshi. Ron notices the Native Americans circling a fallen tree, for the reason as stated in the words of @LawRP:
“I saw a tree cut down and so I said something along the lines of “I’m sorry this has happened to you tree, allow me to lay you to rest” and then hummed for a couple of seconds”
@Dallas also puts the tree to rest, singing “We are the world”.

Moving on to Yoshi’s perspective soon after, he has a barrel set up with a fire inside. Two Native Americans- @Clint and @Mr_Clean, realise that Yoshi has felled an entire tree to fuel his barrel fire. The two clearly not happy as they cared about their poor tree friend, began to “poke at the barrel until the fire went out”. Mr_Clean at this point picks up the barrel before screaming like Hulk Hogan; “IT BURNS!” running around momentarily with it in his hands before putting the barrel down. His friend, Clint, soon after decides that he would also like to pick up the barrel and do the same thing as a with the excuse of a trial by fire, running around and dropping the barrel shortly after. When Yoshi asks “Why would you do this?” In relevance to running around with said barrel, they respond with the reason that he does not appreciate nature. Yoshi leaves the premises shortly after the ordeal, however upon returning he finds that his barrel has been repossessed by the duo. Some hours later he manages to find it as they hint towards it’s whereabouts. Yoshi once again made himself a fire, to which the duo decide to take action once more by snagging the barrel, however this time they are quick to return it.

We have no qualms with anyone roleplaying Native Americans on the server, and despite the initial series of events in the beginning, such as giving a tree a funeral and singing seeming a bit out of the ordinary to anyone passing by or out of the loop, we do not find it to really be an issue worth punishing. What we will be addressing however, is the barrel incident.

@Mr_Clean you and Clint decide that you’re going to vandalize the tree-burning barrel in hopes to put out the fire, which there would be no problem there. However you still pick up the barrel while it is burning, but you were unaware that the game would allow you to pick up a burning barrel. To save it, you run for a moment with it in your hands yelling “IT BURNS, BROTHER” before dropping the barrel. This could have been easily avoided by checking if the fire actually was going out, or maybe even sabotaging the fire by pouring water into the barrel, rude as it may be.

@Clint you then decide to follow in your Tree-Brother’s footsteps and pick up the barrel yelling about how it is a trial of fire and that it burns also. You seem to hesitate to put the barrel down, running around like a lunatic for a good few seconds before dropping it. What you did does not fall under a trial by/of fire in any way and so it does not really make any sense as an excuse to play this off. These actions are not really realistic. If you were to put your hand on a hot stove you would not stand there screaming “IT BURNS” but keeping your hand on said stove for another good five seconds, and nor would you copy the person who did that initially, for example.

Overall the roleplay seen here was quite sub-par and in future, to the two of you, we strongly advise that you do not act in such an erratic manner again as it can be detrimental to the roleplay in the vicinity. You will be receiving a verbal warning for your actions displayed in game, you should sign up for the mentor program. With that being said the following applies:

@Mr_Clean - Bad RP - Verbal Warning

@Clint - Bad RP - Verbal Warning

Verdicted by Chewy, signed by @Brady and @Hebi Kotei