Server time: 2018-10-19, 16:45
DustyRP

Remove the ability to add beanz to a post on group threads

Should we remove the ability to add beanz to a post on a group thread to avoid people hopping on negativity bandwagons?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Talk about some serious response bias in the poll questions lmao

Nah, I personally love it when someone flames me and seeing all the beans they get because its just more names to add to my list ngl

51 minutes ago, Santa said:

+1
Who honestly cares if they hate you with the beanz they at least showcase it instead of hiding it, even so, you have beanz gained from groups in that fashion.

My idea like someone suggested here remove them altogether they have been nothing but ''Ooo look at me feature''.

Edited by Eagle

13 minutes ago, Eagle said:

+1
Who honestly cares if they hate you with the beanz they at least showcase it instead of hiding it, even so, you have beanz gained from groups in that fashion.

My idea like someone suggested here remove them altogether they have been nothing but ''Ooo look at me feature''.

If we had the ''upvote'' system that is used at 'Questions,' it would be a lot better IMO, as their linked to specific messages and not people's profiles. 

Edited by pijkaCZ

I don't agree with removing beans from group threads but I do agree with removing the beans from flaming toxic threads and if someone gets a warning then those who gave the post beans should also get a warning 

I'd only support the idea of beanz from warned posts being removed. Negative posts are not necessarily bad posts.

The way I see it is it could be and couldn't be.
I like the ability to give beanz. I just think, like someone else on the thread mentioned, warned posts should have the beanz revoked from that singular post.

yeet yeet

Meet in the middle and allow BeanZ for posts, but require a feedback template and prohibit baseless claims to be puked onto a group page.

2 hours ago, Santa said:

Took the words out of my mouth.

Firstly, change the second option so this doesn't seem like a bias thing.

Secondly, Nah.. If I agree with bad feedback or feedback in general I should be able to agree with that by giving it beanz.. It's what it's there for.

I do however agree with this..

1 hour ago, Para said:

I'd only support the idea of beanz from warned posts being removed. Negative posts are not necessarily bad posts.

3 hours ago, Santa said:

Agreed agreed, but yeah I don't care. If people want to waste beans on flaming posts that's on them.

Problem is - this would have to apply for everyone and everything. Everyone has their own opinion which resorts to no one allowing to bean if they agree. Yes, I do believe it is immature when people bean each other for flaming feedback and adding fuel to the fire; and that's fine. Let them be like that. Nothing will stop them being like that unfortunately and we all know that. Beanz or not, somehow or some way people will find any other way to create more fuel to a fire burning in a situation which is terrible. But people will be people.

-1 from me tbh. Keep up the activity though, you are really showing through this thread how you are becoming a value and trusted community member and have truly changed for the 'better' keep up the 'good work'. I will send you thoughts and prayers when you appeal your final.

Dusty bro its just beanz. Who cares who people give them too. If anything you can tell a lot about a person just by who they give beanz. We already lost the ability to give beanz in reports and appeals don't take this away. 

Holy shit, Dusty you seem saltier about this than me. How many times you gonna quote me? As others have said it's literally just beans, noone cares about them really. They're just there for fun. It's not like it bumps the post or anything. Ignore the number if you don't want to see it.

9 minutes ago, Thoros said:

Holy shit, Dusty you seem saltier about this than me. How many times you gonna quote me? As others have said it's literally just beans, noone cares about them really. They're just there for fun. It's not like it bumps the post or anything. Ignore the number if you don't want to see it.

BeanZ are a form of endorsement. It's too easy to hide your opinions behind the mask of banter. I don't believe they're here "just for fun". If a post gets 10+ BeanZ it means that those 10 persons somewhat agree with the post.

Also BeanZ keep the thread from being flooded with "+1", "Agreed.", "^ this", etc ... but serve the same purpose.

Edited by Pontiff

2 hours ago, Thoros said:

Idk about you but when people brigade your thread with negative bullshit constantly, it gets pretty tiring. 

Don’t call me salty, thanks.

Edited by Dusty

People have somehow managed to turn an innocent online forum system into a form of mob-lynching. Could make "beaning" potentially hateful remarks against the forum rules and have a share of the warning points dished out.

5 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Idk about you but when people brigade your thread with negative bullshit constantly, it gets pretty tiring. 

Don’t call be salty, thanks.

If you get a lot of negative feedback perhaps it's a sign that you have areas for improvement.

Honestly I was fine when there wasn’t group threads.

10 minutes ago, Sandy said:

If you get a lot of negative feedback perhaps it's a sign that you have areas for improvement.

That’s like saying if you get reported a lot, then you must be a rulebreaker. If you’re never found guilty in a report, then are you really a rulebreaker? No.

People can post negative feedback on your thread with absolutely no evidence. They can completely exaggerate and even lie about the situation with absolutely no negative consequences. 

Besides, like the feedback that was written on our group thread, a lot of it can be completely invalid and could have been posted out of OOC hate for the group. This has been seen on the black fangs thread, red letter, pau, VDV, al-takhari mujahideen, etc. 

People in the community constantly harass and shit talk people from those groups for no reason except their own shitty attitudes. 

5 minutes ago, Dusty said:

That’s like saying if you get reported a lot, then you must be a rulebreaker. If you’re never found guilty in a report, then are you really a rulebreaker? No.

People can post negative feedback on your thread with absolutely no evidence. They can completely exaggerate and even lie about the situation with absolutely no negative consequences. 

Besides, like the feedback that was written on our group thread, a lot of it can be completely invalid and could have been posted out of OOC hate for the group. This has been seen on the black fangs thread, red letter, pau, VDV, al-takhari mujahideen, etc. 

People in the community constantly harass and shit talk people from those groups for no reason except their own shitty attitudes. 

People don't just harass random people without reason. There must be some reason behind their 'attitude' otherwise they would just 'harass' everyone.

I'm pretty sure lying OOC is punishable (not 100% don't hold me to anything). So if people are just making shit up to make you look bad then report it cause like you say that would be uncalled for.

Beans in general are dumb

3 minutes ago, Sandy said:

People don't just harass random people without reason. There must be some reason behind their 'attitude' otherwise they would just 'harass' everyone.

I'm pretty sure lying OOC is punishable (not 100% don't hold me to anything). So if people are just making shit up to make you look bad then report it cause like you say that would be uncalled for.

So you admit it’s harassing and not constructive feedback?

Just now, Squillium said:

So you admit it’s harassing and not constructive feedback?

What are you trying to say?

2 minutes ago, Sandy said:

They harass those people because of their shitty attitudes towards them. That hate can stem from not being able to handle losing their stuff in game or it can even come from believing rumors that their friends tell them. 

I didn’t say people were outright lying but that they could exaggerate and manipulate things to fit their narrative.