Server time: 2018-10-17, 17:18
YaBoiWraith

The Red Letter {Strict Recruitment}

You guys were spooky over near Polkovo and Pogrevka . Speaking to the guy covered in blood talking about how the people in Pogrevka had been massacred  Loved it.

Keep it up boys. The server needs all the hostility it can get.

4 minutes ago, HarveyJ said:

You guys were spooky over near Polkovo and Pogrevka . Speaking to the guy covered in blood talking about how the people in Pogrevka had been massacred  Loved it.

Keep it up boys. The server needs all the hostility it can get.

I think it was @ItzzNate and yea, definitely was shook and was fun RPing it out

To all you guys immediately bean spamming any negative feedback on the group even tho you weren't even there: Nice! It looks really good. Way to be mature!

To all of you who left your feedback in childish manners: Grow the fuck up. If you want your feedback to be taken serious at all, then start off with acting like an adult and making your post polite and constructive instead of spewing bullshit.

Anyways, now to refute all of the bullshit that has been posted in our thread:

1 hour ago, Thoros said:

"Pay us for the bullets we used on your guys yesterday"

Thanks for enjoying our event guys!!!!!! Glad this was some fucking productive RP for the whole community. Literally about to get the fights going and you show up, scare everyone off, initiate on us with a bullshit demand. So much for not looking for PVP and initiations all the time. All false promises and bullshit.

1 hour ago, Jeff Adams said:

Thanks for ruining the event guys! 

And thank you for your useless flammatory posts! Like I said, if you want your feedback to be taken seriously, you should act like an adult and not flame us on our own group thread. 

If all we were doing was looking for PVP, you guys would have been immediately killed when you initiated on my truck yesterday. But no, Onion and Nate went up to RP the situation out instead of killing all of you immediately. Crazy that they did that right? I thought we were all just PVP hungry pieces of shit? Weird.

If you guys are going to be a hostile group, then how about you be an adult and recognize that your actions have consequences. Almost killing me in Vybor with stray bullets, initiating on my truck for no reason, and not even apologizing about it, as well as dropping me my radio and then shooting it when I went to grab it are all actions that have consequences. 

Don't like getting fucked up by a clearly superior force? Don't do stupid things in game. Simple.

Thanks for the flame, I was getting cold.

OK, this thread will be locked until we have chance to review some of the posts. I suggest everyone steps away from their keyboards for a bit.

/Thread locked

Alright, the thread has been unlocked as we have reviewed the posts that were needed. Keep an eye on your posts and make sure it follows the rules. You have been warned.

/reopened

The hostage rp from @ItzzNate, @Bostonthicc, @Strawberry, and @Its Boris was very good I thought that you guys were going to kill me. You guys put a hell of a lot of effort into that situation especially @Bostonthicc givin me the option to stop with my goal and live or continue my goal and die, only two things I have to say that I didn't like: I didn't like Dean/ Reggie dying so fast I would have liked to hear why we were hated by the doctor, and why he wanted to kill @XxGrAipYyxX. Along with the fact of some of the things we did confused me just a little because of mics cutting in and out and it was hard to understand Boris.

Overall rating of situation: 9/10

So I wasn't there, and I know the RP could've been handled on the receiving teams end a tad better just.. I dunno.. doing it at an event seems a tad unnecessary. Although, I wasn't there.. and have no context of the situation, so my opinion is invalid.

That being said.. it shouldn't come as too much of a shock.. that negative feedback would come your way after initiating on an event. Seeing as we have about.. 1 event every 3 months. Even if it is unwarranted negative feedback.

43 minutes ago, Ryan Carter said:

The hostage rp from @ItzzNate, @Bostonthicc, @Strawberry, and @Its Boris was very good I thought that you guys were going to kill me. You guys put a hell of a lot of effort into that situation especially @Bostonthicc givin me the option to stop with my goal and live or continue my goal and die, only two things I have to say that I didn't like: I didn't like Dean/ Reggie dying so fast I would have liked to hear why we were hated by the doctor, and why he wanted to kill @XxGrAipYyxX. Along with the fact of some of the things we did confused me just a little because of mics cutting in and out and it was hard to understand Boris.

Overall rating of situation: 9/10

Hey, man, we're glad you enjoyed it. We're trying to improve on the hostage RP and overall hostility of our encounters as a group.

23 minutes ago, Joffrey said:

So I wasn't there, and I know the RP could've been handled on the receiving teams end a tad better just.. I dunno.. doing it at an event seems a tad unnecessary. Although, I wasn't there.. and have no context of the situation, so my opinion is invalid.

That being said.. it shouldn't come as too much of a shock.. that negative feedback would come your way after initiating on an event. Seeing as we have about.. 1 event every 3 months. Even if it is unwarranted negative feedback.

I understand, we'll try to improve on this as we head forward. We appreciate the feedback but unfortunately a lot of it consisted of either insults or the need to throw at us that we "ruined an event."

Regardless, we'll take it into account as we progress as a group on the server and try not to harm the RP environment. 

Thankyou for letting me keep the pistol you lovely bunch scum bags lol 😆 

was so much fun I ran away from green mountain almost crying haha ic and ooc lol 

and also to the person who said I sounded like a dude...... dude this girl has a sore throat 😒😒😒 Lol 

Initiating on peaceful events is a big no no in my book, you guys know that. If you had beef with them for something they did, fair enough, initiate all you want, but you could've waited until the event is over or do it any other 99.99999% of time that the group is not running a scheduled event. Now when I will hear the name red letter I will immediately think of event initiators, and that's a very bad rep to have, för example when things are being decided in staff. I hope you can turn this around somehow. 

22 minutes ago, Rolle said:

Initiating on peaceful events is a big no no in my book, you guys know that. If you had beef with them for something they did, fair enough, initiate all you want, but you could've waited until the event is over or do it any other 99.99999% of time that the group is not running a scheduled event. Now when I will hear the name red letter I will immediately think of event initiators, and that's a very bad rep to have, för example when things are being decided in staff. I hope you can turn this around somehow. 

I understand, with all due respect, the server time said that the event started at 22:00, which happened to be at 5:00PM EST, the initiation, which resulted from two insults in-game and a refusal to cooperate with our group demands and were told to quote: "Fuck off," took place at around 5:45PM EST, and they claimed the event hadn't started. We took so much time to get there to make sure they had at least gotten through a majority of it in all fairness.

1.) The event was an IC event, which, in my book, although somewhat "slimy" as described by a community member, is still within justification to do something about it.

2.) They don't have a defined area where they stay at, so an easy target where they've been broadcasting they'll be through all sorts of IC radio communcations is an opportunity that would be wasted had we not taken it.

3.) We'd given them many opportunities to meet demands, which again, as said before, resulted in the initiation, it's not that we came there to initiate, it's that we came there to RP out a deal. Knowing the fact that we have a strong fighter force both IC and OOC and the numbers to do something about it should be enough IC reason to swallow their pride and meet those demands in the first place. Again, the whole telling my people to "fuck off" sort of deal wont really ring nicely along with the refusal to make a deal. Obviously, being a hostile group, we're not necessarily going to just "fuck off," we're going to do something about it.

Quite frankly, when you've been pushed to that point, you don't have many options besides to initiate. People don't record the good RP we've given, as you can see from the above statements, they only have their word.

Nonetheless, I do appreciate you coming forward and addressing that. I'll be taking the precautions needed to secure and make sure that something like that, which also apparently included a slew of harassment through both memes and forum group feedback flaming, won't happen again, at least not in the degree that it did.

Edited by ItzzNate

20 minutes ago, Rolle said:

Honestly Rolle, the amount of effort I've seen being put into this group to balance being a bandit in a server that consistently isn't full and keeping everyone happy OOC is ridiculous. I feel that nowadays stepping on eggshells is an understatement, especially since the Kelsey Brothers started a conflict with us a day before their event and they paid for it. What happened made complete IC sense and if they didn't want something like that to happen they should've met the very simple and honestly miniscule demands and nothing would've happened. If you want events to be a safe zone then make it a rule, or make it an option for those that make an event to make it a safezone because you seem very keen to keep them hostility free.

Welcome to the group @Elmo and @Laski, glad to have you gents on-board. The river flows even faster.

I'm here boiz

25NAr0B.jpg

5a6d61ce1fcb8_giphy(7).gif.3e6145b60a80c82b4755d73b7d050821.gif

I love you all

44 minutes ago, Rolle said:

In my opinion these types of things regarding hostile rp, events, initiations, etc need to be laid down somewhere as guidelines or some form of documentation. Or else it just presents issues in the future given that there is no rule on/for/against initiating on peaceful events or any other type of gathering. I don't think we should ever bar groups from initiating on things like this, given that it is an apocalyptic survival game and if there isn't an element of fear it is just walking simulator with irritating humanoids bashing the fuck out of you and people attending events that ignore the state of the world or vaguely resemble community backyard barbecues. 

I am not ripping on these events (we need shit like this), or the people who were initiated on (given I don't know the full story and don't know a lot of context and background), or promoting hostile rp just for the sake of it (boring as fuck *yawns*) but if Rolle is going to come in and say that something is a no no then that needs to be written down somewhere. Or else groups could get themselves into a bind in a very short amount of time with little warning. A landmine if you will.

Spoiler

19a1f5a5e1.gif

Even though with what happened today, I have still had a lot of fun with this group today. The roleplay I have seen both external and internal have been good and enjoyable.

Hey guys, some actual feedback here. The formatting deleted a shit load of my stuff so I'm editing it back in. Basically I don't know who was at the event except

@ItzzNate (so I've been told). I would also like to mention that I was not involved in the firefight the previous night, however, I do have an understanding of the events that took place. Missed a load of my intro but whatever.

So, as I'm sure most of you are aware, my group and myself along with a few helping hands tried to organise an event for the community. It was a boxing fight event, where people could show up and have a go in the ring and others could bet on the boxers. Now, I understand we have past hostilities, specifically something that happened the night before. For those that don't know, my group initiated on a truck. The person inside the truck was no other than @Dusty. Now, as far as I'm aware they thought that the person inside the truck was somebody else, not sure if there was an apology IC but we are a hostile group so we behaved in a hostile manner towards this man. To my knowledge, though the details in this scenario aren't too important, a fist fight took place between @Dusty and one of our associates to settle the problems between us. Dusty won the fight. Shortly later an initiation was dropped by Dusty's group which is super fine, completely understandable. A firefight broke out and our squad was wiped. Now, the important details in this are that we were hostile towards Dusty's group, his boys showed up, there was a firefight and they wiped us. This is to be expected from any group really, I have no qualms about what took place here. The problem is what ensued after.

You would have thought that wiping us in a firefight, we would have learned that you're this "clearly superior force" and would know not to fuck with you again. You settled it, you won. Congratulations. But instead of just leaving it there (hell, if you wanted to continue your beef with us, you don't have to do it at our event), you decided to stroll on over to something that has been organised for the community and we've all put a lot of time in to, and proceed with the following events. Now, this event is something that myself and @Sandy have been wanting to organise for around half a year now, and we were very excited that it was finally happening. People showed up, people made IRL sacrifices to be at this event. When people host events, there's no rules saying don't initiate, there is only an unwritten rule of mutual respect of the people behind the computers, fellow community members, that you try not to shit on them. Especially given the state of RP right now. People have been trying really hard to get a few events going to bring the community together. We all know how the numbers are dwindling and we need something to keep the community alive.

6 hours ago, Squillium said:

Honestly Rolle, the amount of effort I've seen being put into this group to balance being a bandit in a server that consistently isn't full and keeping everyone happy OOC is ridiculous.

The key point: The server isn't consistently full. Now, last night there was a 10 person queue on the server, which to my knowledge, hasn't happened in quite some time. I don't claim all of the credit for this, however, the event certainly was a factor. People have explicitly said they were playing when they would otherwise not be to make this event.

Anyway, I went on a bit of a tangent there. What happened following the events of the firefight was the following: We were about to get a fight going, the fighters were getting theior clothes ready and I had already taken two bets. I went to look for the fighters and your boys in red armbands strolled in. Now, what could you want to say that wasn't settled the previous night and couldn't wait? Well, let's see. You wanted to talk business with us and we told you that business was off the books for the night. You seemed adamant and didn't want to leave so we went to a room upstairs to talk business. Now, here's the real crux of the problem. The "business" you wanted to settle? You wanted us to reimburse you for the bullets that you fired at us the previous night. Now, this is probably the most ridiculous thing that I have ever heard. I'm going to take this time to quote one of your goals.

On 1/25/2018 at 8:21 PM, ItzzNate said:

- Provide a fresh outlook on HostileRP without the need for constant firefights/shitting on others.

Overall, we are looking for a fresh take on HostileRP, we understand we have deep boots to fill but we are all experienced roleplayers who are open to new storylines.

You understand that you guys have a bit of a reputation for looking for an excuse to firefight, and I appreciate you taking the time to try and mend that reputation. But seriously, I'll be damned if you can find one person in the community who feels like going back after a firefight to demand the bullets you fired as compensation is a reasonable demand. I know it's bullshit, everyone watching knows that it's bullshit, even you know it's bullshit but you're acting like it isn't just to try and save yourselves. Learn to admit your mistakes, this was flat out awful.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            So, we went to our "office" and gave us your demand. Now, I'm not sure what response you expected from such a demand, but it was a pleasant "fuck off". Now, you say we gave you no option but to initiate, but what did you honestly expect us to say? You knew the response you'd get, we're playing gangster characters. I think if you gave this demand to the most placid of characters on this server you'd get the same response. The kind of "is this guy serious, this has to be a fucking joke" kind of response. It's honestly the most pathetic demand I've ever heard, and a thinly veiled excuse to justify your initiation.

Now, you say the reason you initiated on our event was because you wouldn't know where to find us? This is also ridiculous. Did you ask anybody IC about where we hang out? We're always at our manor or around Pulkovo. You seriously didn't even try or want to give it the thought. People have said "I can't get IG without running in to you within 5 minutes" and I'm sure your members know that because we've encountered some of your members on different characters before. Just ask around IC and you'll find us easily. Nevertheless, I think you had zero reasons to want to find us. You just had bloodlust after your previous firefight. So what happened was, you initiated on our event from outside after kicking all of our guests out, and slayed us all because we didn't prepare for this eventuality because we thought even you guys would have a semblance of respect for members of this community, but apparently not.      I feel that if anybody should have been hunting anyone, it should have been us hunting you. You already settled your beef by "wiping" us in the firefight. As I've said before, are you going to come ask us to compensate you for these bullets as well?

Also, a point I think that I missed. We have been accused of not being open to negotiation, and giving you no choice but to initiate. As mentioned earlier, we said no business on that night but you wouldn't take no for an answer. We always have the rule at this event, any beef is left outside the door and this was stated to you more than once. We offered you to stay and maybe join in the fights. We could settle beef in the ring. But no, we really gave you no option but to initiate.

It's good that you guys seem to have managed holding off your PVP fests up until now, but this was honestly ridiculously disrespectful, both to my group and the community as a whole. Bad form, bad RP. You want something constructive? Don't do this stuff. I feel like you've said that you're going to stop this stuff more than one too many times now though, and I don't think many people are willing to give you a second chance. It may seem like I'm spitting out my dummy but I don't feel like I'm going to play here anymore. We tried to make a fun group that is entertaining for everyone, but you only cared about your own entertainment. We really gave it our all to try and make something dynamic happen on the server, yes the hostilities that took place on friday night were probably a mistake. You already got your fair share of revenge from that. I don't feel like you can initiate on an event not knowing that you're doing serious harm. Hell, it's in the banner at the top of the website, everyone can see it. I could go on but I'll probably just be salty. I probably forgot a lot of shit but if you guys want to make any points in response I'll dismantle those as easily as any of the points that have been raised so far. We tried to accommodate you and you shat on us, fair play.

Edited by Thoros

27 minutes ago, Thoros said:

You already settled your beef by "wiping" us in the firefight

Yeah see, I feel like the reason you feel the way you do is because you seem to think that the beef was settled. 

That could not be further from the truth. If you're going to be the ones to fuck with another group or another person, you have to realize that there will be resounding consequences. We wiped you in the fight, like you said. But that was just part 1. There's a part 2 in there. Part 2 can go one of two ways. One, we give you a way to avoid further hostilities: You pay us a certain amount of ammunition or supplies, and the beef is settled. Two, you don't use the out we have given to you, and so we initiate so we can take you hostage and RP with you. Our dudes did not go into the event with the intent to initiate. The intent was to further the roleplay and see what we could make of the situation. Instead of taking the out that we had given you, or even attempting to negotiate at all, you meet our man with a fuck off, not once but twice. 

So, seeing as how you will not pay to end the hostilities, and seeing as how you will not even attempt to negotiate, you leave us with no option but to initiate. Now, just because you're holding an event does not mean that you are immune to suffering the consequences of your actions. Perhaps if you had tried to negotiate further or even told our man that you would continue the negotiations after the boxing matches, maybe the initiation could have been avoided. 

TL;DR: You were given the opportunity to avoid further hostilities, and instead of even attempting to negotiate it or delay the talks until after the event, you tell our man to fuck off. An event does not make you immune to the consequences.

Not only that, but one of your dudes even NVFL'd and provided pretty subpar RP during the fight. He pulled out a wrench or melee weapon, screamed "Come at me" or something similar and attempted to kill one of us with his melee weapon. Idk about you, but if you're gonna throw stones and say that what we did was bad RP when we tried to further the RP instead of immediately initiating, at least make sure you don't live in a glass house and have your members commit the same rulebreaks you're accusing us of. That's kinda like the pot calling the kettle black. Or spiderman calling out spiderman. 

Spoiler

ad23f9a4f1dcd6ba43153179fcf11362.png

Lastly the event is a boxing event. Sorry but I don't really think any absolutely amazing lore-effecting RP would happen there. Also... It's a boxing event. It's not that hard to round up a bunch of people and have people fight each other. The same thing could be accomplished in one week with enough radio broadcasts and enough RP in game. Sorry, but you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Thanks for at least being a bit more respectful with this edition of feedback, but yeah, answer is basically the same as before: Your actions have consequences. You are not immune to consequences just because you're having an event that literally anybody else in the server could do.

Edited by Dusty

@Thoros simply put, there were many alternatives to how last night could've ended, but, alas, it ended with blocked negotiations and a firefight which cut short an event that otherwise would've been enjoyable.

What I am not understanding is how adamant you are to put the blame on us for this, again, simply put, these grievances stemmed from in-character actions instigated by your people, not ours. The consequences of those actions displayed themselves at your event due to your refusal to negotiate. Negotiations weren't sidelined, put on the back burner for a while or anything like that, we were simply told to fuck off. I feel as though I'm re-iterating Dusty's post but, unless I'm missing something, what else did you expect to occur if you refused to meet us halfway? If you can't be reasoned with or at least brought to the table by some form of diplomacy, then there's really only one other way to enforce the will of the group, and that's via force. You say your characters are gangsters, if so, then they should know the consequences of refusing to meet the demands of a group that has bested them before and should be more aware of how they speak and act around such people; yet the negotiations were ended with a premature fuck off with no chance of revisiting them later.

If it were me in your shoes, I would have chosen my words more carefully and treated a group that had wiped out my friends previously with wary respect. There was no chomping at the bit for a firefight, there was no need for the fight to occur, but it did because of the in-character choices made at the event. Personally I wouldn't consider myself firefight hungry, in-fact, that was the first firefight I've been in on DayZRP in over a month, and yet I see no wrong done by the initiating party in this particular situation.

Think what you may, and be as adversarial as you wish, but until you stop seeing us as adversaries to be bested in an argument or hit with negative feedback because we did something IC that you disliked, then we're never going to get any further than where we are now, arguing over a video game instead of accepting that we all made our choices and there's nothing we can do to change them, only learn from what has occurred and put it into practice :) 

1/28/2017 - Updated the group page with new graphics! Very huge thanks to @Clumsy for making them look even nicer than before.

Edited by ItzzNate

1/28/2017 - Updated the roster to include a hierarchy system consisting of three council members, the leader, and the members. Suggested to myself as a way of organizing things better within the group.

Gonna have to take my leave boys, thanks for having me @ItzzNate.

I'm sorry guys but I don't believe that you read my post properly. I said, we stated multiple times that there was no business tonight. We told you that we could do it another time but your boss man wasn't having it. You're not getting that "paying us back for the rounds we fired at you" is absolutely ridiculous. If you're really claiming that this is looking for RP and not just looking for reason to initiate then you're either lying through your teeth or delusional. Nobody thinks that it's a valid reason. We offered you to stay for the fights, we offered you to settle it in the ring, one of our boys offered you some drinks. The thing is with the firefight, you wiped out squad including a leader. If we're going to RP this sensibly then maybe just drop it? Anyway, I can see why you would continue the beef, I can't honestly say that we wouldn't do the same ourselves. However does it have to be our event? I told you you could have done it any other time. 

tl;dr please stop lying and saying that we gave you no options. stop trying to blame us for you initiating. also I have video evidence of pretty much everything that happened. We tried to be reasonable with your guy but he wasn't having it.