Server time (UTC): 2019-06-20, 14:14
Sign in to follow this  
Pontiff

[Open Frequency] Hallowed Be Thy Name.

*the old priest sits atop an old lighthouse, smoking his pipe without much enthusiasm. He stares at the sun setting over the Green Sea, its fading light reflected in a great golden circle; for a moment he forgets about the world, about the righteous and the wicked, about his aching back and the faint snarl of the undead wandering in the neighbouring city. He had finally arrived to his destination but had yet to meet a soul, maybe all that was left of his flock was below him, foul beasts in ragged clothes, clawing at the steel door of the extinguished beacon. He shook his head as to clear it of all the negative thoughts. He then rubbed his hands vigorously, cleaned out his pipe and cleared his throat before snatching the radio from his belt and turning it on*

-his voice is calm and warm, reassuring-

"Greetings, my name is Benoit Moreau, I am a priest of the Catholic Church and have been sent here by the Holy See to provide support to the population. I should have arrived much earlier but I'm afraid I got sidetracked for a couple of months in Russia where the situation is quite bleak. I've just recently left an outpost held by warriors and survivors just north of the border, during a brief respite from the undead endless assault. I pray for the lives of these proud men and women but I fear that they did not hold for much longer; may they rest in peace ... *he lets out a deep sigh* 

Well, I'm here now. I don't know how many of you are out there for I've heard but few transmissions since I arrived and have yet to meet anyone that isn't, well ... undead. I pray that this message doesn't go unheard. I am seeking guidance : to help me get accustomed to the land and its denizens. I can take confessions and help you get back in the favours of the Lord, I'll also make sure your departed get their rightful place in the Heavens. Even if you're not  Catholic or even Christian, I'll welcome you with open arms ! I have some supplies I've gathered along the way and I strongly believe that anybody needs some friendly company every now and then ! *he laughs softly* Rest assured that I have not come here as a missionary or an invader, I just want to help where I can and, hopefully, get to see a couple more Christmases ! I know the laws of Men do not apply any more and I am no fool, but I believe that we can still be redeemed if we live by the laws of the Lord. In any case, should you require assistance, have some sins you wish cleansed or stories you wish heard, raise me on this here frequency, I will come to you. I'll end this broadcast with a prayer of my own, it should appeal to most so feel free to join in, may it sooth your wearied soul and ease your burden. Stay safe out there, God is with you."

*he takes a moment to take a swig from his canteen while flipping pages of his journal, looking for the most appropriate prayer, he takes a deep breath and resumes*

-his tone is deeper, focused-

"O God, we thank You for this universe, our home; and for its vastness and richness, the exuberance of life which fills it and of which we are part. We praise You for the vault of heaven and for the winds, pregnant with blessings, for the clouds which navigate and for the constellations, there so high. We praise You for the oceans and for the fresh streams, for the endless mountains, the trees, the grass under our feet. We praise You for our senses, to be able to see the moving splendour, to hear the songs of lovers, to smell the beautiful fragrance of the spring flowers.

Give us, we pray You, a heart that is open to all this joy and all this beauty, and free our souls of the blindness that comes from preoccupation with the things of life, and of the shadows of passions, to the point that we no longer see nor hear, not even when the bush at the roadside is afire with the glory of God. Give us a broader sense of communion with all living things, our sisters, to whom you gave this world as a home along with us.

We remember with shame that in the past we took advantage of our greater power and used it with unlimited cruelty, so much so that the voice of the earth, which should have arisen to You as a song was turned into a moan of suffering.

May we learn that living things do not live just for us, that they live for themselves and for You, and that they love the sweetness of life as much as we do, and serve You, in their place, better than we do in ours. When our end arrives and we can no longer make use of this world, and when we have to give way to others, may we leave nothing destroyed by our ambition or deformed by our ignorance, but may we pass along our common heritage more beautiful and more sweet, without having removed from it any of its fertility and joy, and so may our bodies return in peace to You who nourished us and our spirits enjoy perfect life in You."

*the broadcast ends*

Edited by Pontiff

*Anton pushes down the PTT button, the sound of marching boots can be heard in the background as well as Ludvik barking orders in Chernarussian.*

Dobry den, priest.

*He pauses.*

I'm not a Christian myself, but I might be able to help you out... you sound like a good enough man after all. Contact me on 142.8 if you want our help.

*Anton releases the PTT button and watches the recruits following their training.*

oleg sits in his new house. it over looks pogarevka with a gorgous view of the main road. one a mayor in the old west movies he saw as a kid would love this house. he had his radio on his table. after admitting aloud that he hadn't cared for the chatter that much, but then right after called him self a politician. it was time to be that man he wanted to be. he picked up his radio after hearing the holy man finish his words of religion and spoke his own words.

an old gruff voice with a heavy Russian accent comes over the radio:  

"Hello, Father Benoit Moreau. My name is Oleg Volkov. I am the Emissary of the kings men. We reside in the town called Pogarevka. Please by all means come by. We are just north of the place called the valentine pub, merely separated by a field. We have a church, I will not speak for the people whom believe or don't, but if those whom wish to practice any relgion. they may do so here."

Oleg coughs slightly. He regains his composure and continues with a more enthusiastic and charismatic way of speaking.

"We the king men, have made it our goal to restore a means of normality within the lands here in chernarus we call home. by that i mean laws which we can all abide by or like before  suffer penalties. A school. A clinic. A church. trade. A embassy. It takes a village. what is a village without it preacher? for all those listening."

His tone still calm and collected,changed to  more serious and firm just slightly. 

"Those whom know us as the vybor traders. We are no more simply that. A short explanation is that we are Frontiersmen with a noble cause. A mixed bag of people that have come to gather. We have moved, for the betterment for us and the survivors whom call this south zagorian landscape their home to pogarevka.  We have gathered friends, allies and more importantly, people willing to make a change to this waste land."

He paused for a minute as if he wasn't going to speak again. He clears his throat and with the utmost sincerity he can muster he says one final thing:

"We do not want to fight anyone, unless it is the only way to resolve anything. We offer safty, food and a warm fire for all. the kingsmen are not for them selves but for all to be kings among men."

The radio then goes silent.

*Ford listens closely and smiles when he hears the gruff, recognizable voice, then presses the PTT button*

"Volkov, this is Ford. If you're the man I think this voice belongs to....God it's good to know you're alive. I'm making my way to you in the morning. I've been recuperating on the east coast with some friends of the King's Men, and hopefully will make it to you in one piece. Our mutual friend Lily is hurt, and if you've any way to transport her there...if she even wants to come..." *Ford's voice trails off a moment* "We've taken some hits from life out here. But we're alive and missing you all. Gonna try and bring some supplies back with us." 

.......*The radio cuts out abruptly, silence.*.......

Oleg was thinking on his words. making sure he used them in the right places the right way. before he could finish his thoughts, a friendly voice with grave news came upon the radio broadcast. 

his old gruff russian voice came over the radio once again.

"ford? where on the east coast? we can send a party out for you and lily asap."

Fords broad cast ended so abruptly, oleg felt concerned. his deepest fear for his friends was death, but what if it was worse. "slavers." he said aloud not thinking he was still on the radio.

"FORD!?! FORD? we are sending a team."

his radio goes silent once more.

*Presses the PTT and pauses*

"Ford calling Volkov. There's a shipping craft that's high and dry on the coast. Broken in half. We're in that vicinity. I hope you're hearing this. Radio went dead, thank God I found another battery...well..Mason did. I didn't leave camp...I uh...Well I heard what happened to the market."

*Silence for a few moments*

Mason said you all moved, thank cripes you're all okay. My arm might be infected and I've come down with a horrible cough...Mason and Lily think I might have an infection from the cut...If you get this...we can meet you on the east coast by the

************transmission cuts out***************

"Just let us know. Ford out."

*the old priest listens to the ongoing chatter with great care, glad to hear so many voices at once. He writes down his answers and a short prayer while listening to the sound of the crashing waves, he seizes a moment of calm in the communications to intervene*

-his voice is warm and friendly as usual-

"Greetings, it's Father Moreau. First I'll address our Chernarussian friend; thank you for reaching out to me, I'll make sure to contact you as soon as possible, your offer is greatly appreciated and I hope I can work with you and help your people as best as I can, thank you."

*he glances at his notes and proceeds*

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance Mister Volkov, I'll make sure to pass trough your town. You make it sound like a safe haven, I could not dream of a more appealing plight, you even mention an unmanned church, that's fantastic ! You do seem however to have a lot on your plate, I'll come by your town when your current business with Mister Ford is done, he understandably seems to be of a much higher priority. I'd however advise using a more secure frequency if you have one, for I have no intention of either letting go of this channel nor encrypting it in any way. You never know who's listening, I couldn't sleep any more if trouble befell you because of me. I wish the best of luck on your rescue mission and will pray for Mister Ford, the wounded woman named Lily and those with them. Stay safe out there, God is with you."

*he clears his throat, flips a few pages and starts reciting his prayer with fervour*

"Trusting in the promise that whatever we ask the Father in Jesus’ name He will do, I now approach You Father with confidence in Our Lord’s words and in Your infinite power and love for me and for Mister Ford and his fellowship.

And with the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God, the Blessed Apostles Peter and Paul, Blessed Archangel Michael, with all the saints and angels of heaven, and Holy in the power of His blessed Name, as ask you Father to protect them and keep them from the harassment of the devil and his minions.

Father I ask on their behalf that You build a hedge of protection around them, like that which surrounded Job, and to help them to keep that hedge repaired and the gate locked so that the devil and his minions have no access or means to breach the hedge.

Father, I know that we are powerless against the spiritual forces of evil and recognize our utter dependence on You and Your power. Look with mercy upon them . Do not look upon their sins, O Lord; rather, look at the sufferings of your Beloved Son and see the Victim whose bitter passion and death has reconciled us to You. By the victory of the cross, protect them from all evil and rebuke any evil spirits who wish to attack, influence, or breach Your hedge of protection in any way. Send them immediately and quietly back to Hell and fortify Your Hedge for their protection by the blood of Your Son, Jesus. Send your Holy Angels to watch over and protect them.

Father, all of these things I ask in the most holy name of Jesus Christ, Your Son. Thank you, Father, for hearing my prayer. I love You, I worship You, I thank You and I trust in You. Amen."

*the broadcast ends*

Edited by Pontiff

Caelo sighed softly, a scream heard in the background before a gunshot is heard.

"Father, it is good to hear a man of God. I am Caelo Vorago, I was left as an infant outside an Orphange, where many Sisters took care of me and raised me. Actually, just north of the Vatican. If you meed any assistance, I will gladly provide what aid I can,"

He clicked off the radio, leaving the barn and body, "I ask the only thing in return is that you take my confession when I visit you,"

*Hearing a priest on the radio brings back memories of old to Braxton's mind, memories of Sunday mass back in the bog land of County Galway*

"Welcome, father. I think many of us are in need of a few prayers. I finally got what was coming to me after years of wrong doings. Pray for me father...."

*The radio goes dead*

Edited by Aeryes

*the old priest leans against the last standing wall of what used to be a great church, exhausted; he takes off his backpack, stretches his back, takes out his notebook and his radio and starts broadcasting while pacing where the altar probably used to stand*

-he sounds fatigued but hopeful-

"Greetings, it's Father Moreau. I thank you both for your kind welcome, it warms my heart and my soul to know that this part of the world is alive. The Lord showed me a path, and I followed it, for I knew it was not in vain. I recently stumbled upon a map of the area and, if I'm not mistaken, seem to be near a town called El-ek-tro-za-vodsk, I don't know what I will find there but I can see a grandiose church up on a hill and will make it my destination as soon as I get some rest. If you need my services and my help, this is where I'll be. I will let you know once I reach the place and made sure that it is ... relatively safe. I hope to see you there soon or at least hear from you again."

*he slowly slides down against the slab of stone, grunting in pain as he starts regretting the zeal with which he walked the past few days, he takes a deep breath and carries on*

"Young man, I don't know who you are but know that I heard your request. I will pray for you my son, pray for your protection while you journey through this land of beauty and danger. Should the weight of your burden become unbearable, come see me, I will help you, with all my might, God be my witness. Stay safe out there, God is with you."

*he quickly turns the pages, looking for the most appropriate prayer*

"Lord be besides us, all every day
Guiding and leading us gently always.
Lord be above us, help us to see
The hope of the future, of all we could be.
Lord be beneath us, carry us when
We’re too shattered or tired to really have strength.
Lord be ahead of us, smoothing our paths
Protecting and blessing the places we pass.
Lord be behind us, healing our wounds,
Forgiving our mistakes and making us new.
Jesus, be within us, this family is yours
Now and forever, you are our Lord.
Amen."

*the broadcast ends*

*the priest lies down on the old rug leading to the altar, he feels like a stranger, judged by the silent icons on the wall. He takes a minute to rest, worn out by a day of battle; he finally sits up and grabs his transmitter*

-his voice echoes in the empty church-

"Greetings, it's Father Moreau. I am pleased to announce that after a long day, I have finally secured the church above the city of Elektrozavodsk. While the heart of the city remains dangerous, the area directly surrounding the church has been pacified. I will stay there for the next three days before moving North to Pogarevka. I'll be waiting for you, do not hesitate, come to me; brothers and sisters of all backgrounds and faith are welcome ! Don't worry, I will not try to shove my beliefs down your throat, dear Lord no; I merely want to offer counsel and a moment of respite from all the madness. I'll end this broadcast with a short prayer, feel free to join in. Stay safe out there, God is with you."

*he quickly ends the can of cold beans sitting on his lap before resuming*

"Father,
sometimes it does feel that you have left us in the battle.
We know that you are with us,
but so are our feelings of aloneness.
The Enemy seems to be taking ground.
Our crying out to you seems to go unanswered.
We know you are at work, but help us trust you in the midst of our questions.
In Jesus' Name,
Amen."

*the broadcast ends*

*the priest, exhausted, lies down in his bed. He has trouble keeping his eyes open but he valiantly grabs his radio and starts his daily broadcast*

-his voice is soft, slow-

"Greetings, it's Father Moreau. I'll just let you know that I am not in Elektrozavodsk any more, I couldn't hold the church alone against the undead so I sadly had to move. Should you require assistance, I currently roam between Chernogorsk to the South and Zelenogorsk to the North. You can probably tell that I'm exhausted, so tonight's prayer will short and sweet ! Thanks to the brothers and sisters I met tonight, and the diner we shared; may they prosper while I sleep. "

*he lets out a long yawn before resuming*

"Dear Father God,
Thank You for Your unfailing love for me,
Your blessings, and goodness.
Thank You for Your faithfulness to guide me
and see me through times of uncertainty,
for lifting me up, and setting me on high.
Thank You for Scripture that comforts
and reminds me of Your promises, plan, and provision.
Thank you for taking away my fears and worries,
the what-ifs, and reminding me that my help comes from You.
Help me be a good steward and to sow wisely.
In Christ’s Name, Amen."

*the broadcast ends*

Edited by Pontiff

One of the Scarpacis would perk up as he caught Moreau's prayer. Quickly he nudged his brother and pushed the radio towards him.

'Ey, Louis! Ain't that this Moreau we met in the place with the thing? The one with Ford and the Hailee kid? He's a priest! Did you know that? I didn't know that!

Though perhaps not the church going altar boy type, Sal did sign the cross over his heart before trying to get some sleep.

*the priest, a sturdy fishing pole in his hands, sits atop the mouth of a storm drain. Blasé, he decides to broadcast a quick prayer while waiting for yet another boot to drift and get caught on his hook; he does not have much to say tonight but he hopes that his daily broadcasts can bring some people comfort and maybe guide them through the night. He wedges his fishing pole between two rocks and grabs his radio*

-his voice is warm, heartening-

"We are still here.
It is not the end of the world. 
Thank you, God for another day,
another chance to live as you have intended us to live.
Jesus said you “came to give us life to the fullest”.
Every morning we wake is yet one more opportunity
to experience you and your gift of a rich life.
Yes, there will be an end to our life on this planet,
and end just as there was a beginning.
You have planned both.
We trust you in the details.
And while we wait,
we commit to be diligent and patient,
and taking one simple step at a time,
we’ll walk with you,
through our days and eventually,
at the time you choose into whatever awaits us beyond.
Amen”
*the broadcast ends*

*the priest stares out the window as an undead slowly walks towards the edge of a roof, he entertains for a moment the idea of rescuing the poor soul, only to sadly realize that it would be wiser to just let him go. He quickly mutters a small prayer, hoping that the undead are indeed devoid of all feelings and thoughts, and are not just conscious human trapped in a rotting cage. Even though he averted his gaze, the sound of the impact of the fleshy mass hitting the pavement has him nauseous. Somehow keeping his guts down, the priest drinks a long sip from his canteen before closing his eyes. He takes a second to collect his thought and grabs his radio from his front pocket.*

-he sounds tired, troubled-

"Greetings, it's Father Moreau. I have not heard anyone on this frequency for days, I hope my radio is not dead ! *he chuckles half-heartedly* Anyway, onto today's topic. For once, instead of a prayer, I'll share with you a story, it's entitled "The Good Samaritan", I hope you'll enjoy it. Stay safe out there, God is with you."

*he clears his throat*

Luke 10:25-37

A teacher of the Law came up and tried to trap Jesus.
"Teacher." he asked, "What must I do to receive eternal life?"
Jesus answered him, "What do the Scriptures say? How do you interpret them?"
The man answered, "Love the Lord our God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength; and 'Love your neighbour as you love yourself."
"You are right.", Jesus replied; "Do this and you will live forever."
But the teacher of the Law wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus: "Who is my neighbour?"
Jesus answered: "There was once a man who was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho when robbers attacked him, stripped him, and beat him up, leaving him half dead.
It so happened that a priest was going down that road: but when he saw the man, he walked on by on the other side.
In the same way a Levite also came there, went over and looked at the man, and then walked on by on the other side.
But a Samaritan who was travelling that way came upon the man, and when he saw him, his heart was filled with pity. He went over to him, poured oil and wine on his wounds and bandaged them; then he put the man on his back and carried him to an inn, where he took care of him.
The next day he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper.  "Take care of him.", he told the innkeeper, "and when I come back this way, I will pay you whatever else you spend on him."
And Jesus concluded: "In your opinion, which one of these three acted like a neighbour toward the man attacked by the robbers?"
The teacher of the Law answered: "The one who was kind to him."
Jesus replied: "You go, then, and do the same."

*the broadcast ends*

*the priest sits down in the back of an abandoned pub, the fireplace burning with the might of a small sun. He ponders as he looks at the bottles still on the shelves but decides against pouring himself a drink, the end of the world is not reason enough to break his vows. He looks at his radio, wondering if it still is operational : while he receives transmissions from time to time, none of his seem to make it through. He considers taking it apart but realizes that he probably wouldn't be able to assemble it back together, he instead decides to give his broadcasts another go.*

"Greetings, it's Father Moreau. I start to worry that none of my broadcasts are reaching anyone. I would stop but it is quite cathartic in a way you know ? *he chuckles softly* I enjoy these moments, it reminds us of who we were, a little ... but I digress, onto today's prayer. This one might not resonate as much as the others, but I think it can help you better grasp my purpose in this land. Stay safe out there, God is with you."

*he gets on his knees, closes his eyes and starts praying*

-his voice is fluid and strong, focused-

"Lord Jesus, I come to you today and thank you for the privilege of praying for others.
I've been the recipient of others' prayers so often, I understand how powerful intercessory prayer can be.
I ask you first to cleanse my heart and show me if there is any unconfessed sin in my own life so that my prayers for others will not be hindered.
I thank you that through your name, I can come boldly before you and pray with confidence, according to your will and know that you hear me.
I lift up those in my neighbourhood, in my city, and in my church.
Begin with those who follow you, and help them influence others for good.
Let them be salt and light, pointing others to you.
Deepen their love for you and for the people around them.
Guard them from hypocrisy or from giving in to temptations that could harm the cause of Christ.
Raise up leaders who will serve you faithfully at all costs.
Turn the hearts of fathers toward their children, and families toward you.
Help them to exemplify your values, and make them bold in their faith.
Strengthen my own family, and those closest to me, Lord.
May our love for you help us to love and forgive others and make a difference in our world.
Amen"

*the broadcast ends*

*the old priest is suddenly woken up by the distant howling of a pack of wolves, while far away, the idea of a wolf ripping his throat in his sleep makes the priest feel uneasy, he decides to broadcast to help him stay awake and alert*

-his voice is low, like a whisper-

"Greetings, it's the Preacher. I apologize for the little new I gave these past days. I know have proof that this transmitter is working properly, so I guess there isn't any crowd for my preaching at the moment, that's alright. I have an offer for whoever is listening : I am in dire need of a Bible for I've lost mine at the hands of brigands, your price shall be mine. These past days have been ... hectic to say the least, but I am still around and my offer for help and counsel still stands. *he clears his throat* David, brother, you may never hear this message but know that I am sorry I was so harsh on you. Your departure has us in deep sorrow; please come back. You're not a liability, without you we grew weaker. Don't be a stranger. I'll pray for you brother, stay safe out there, God is with you, Preacher out."

*he wipes the tears that started rolling down his cheeks and starts praying with unfaltering fervour*

-his voice is cracked but infused with extreme piety-

"Lord, thank you so much for all you do for me.
You have blessed me in more ways than I can count and in so many more ways than I probably even know.
Every day you stand beside me, comforting me, supporting me, protecting me.
I have every reason to be grateful for my faith and for the ways you have blessed me.
I ask you to continue to bless me and guide me in my day to day life. Yet that is not the only reason I come before you in prayer at this moment.

Lord, today I am asking you to bless my brother.
He is so close to my heart, and I want only the best for him.
I ask, Lord, that you work in his life to make him a better man of God.
Bless every step he takes so that he can be a light unto others.
Guide him in the right direction when he is faced with making the right choice or the wrong one.
Give him the friends and family members that will point him toward you and what you want for his life, and give him the discerning mind to know who is giving him Your advice.

Lord, I ask that you bless his future.
As he moves forward in his life, I ask that you guide him down the path you’ve built for him and that you give him joy in walking down that path.
I ask that you bless him with good friends, and that you give him the love he so dearly deserves.

Thank you, Lord, for always being here for me and listening to me as I speak.
Lord, I ask that I continue to have your ear and that my heart is always open to your voice.
Thank you, Lord for all of my blessings, and may I continue to live a life that makes you smile and gives you nothing but joy.  

In your holy name, I pray, Amen."

*the broadcast ends*

Diana wrung out a pair of socks she had been cleaning in a stream, but stopped to pause and lean back against a tree as she listened to the preacher's message. She pressed down on the PTT after a few minutes of thinking it over. 

"Father, I'm Lance Corporal Huxley. I listen now and again to your broadcasts, and they give me a little peace of mind. It sounds like you've suffered a loss, and you have my condolences. [break]

"I have a bible, one that I carry. In the pocket over my heart. I'm not eager to part with it, but I feel I should. After all, Proverbs 11:25 states that a generous person will prosper. I'm unable at the moment to provide a solid timeframe for a meeting, but if we meet sometime in the next few days in Pulkovo area, I would be more than happy to give you my bible should you still need it. Regardless, stay safe."

*the old priest sits down on an old rotting rocking chair he found outside the humble abodes he shares with those he now dares call Family. While watching the sun set over the treeline, he takes out his notebook and starts writing down his recollection of the past couple of days; he saw that his friends held a journal as well and decided to see the cathartic properties of writing for himself; as he reaches for his pen, he suddenly remembers that he left the quick message from that soldier unanswered, he grabs his pen and his radio and sets the chair in motion*

-his voice is soft, less troubled than the day before-

"Greetings Miss Huxley, it's the Preacher. I am pleased to hear that my words bring you some peace of mind in these troubled times. You are a kind soul to offer your condolences but my brother is merely ... who do you say ... M.I.A ? Yeah, that sounds about right. He might be the worst navigator this world has ever seen but he is a good man; with the watchful eye of our Lord upon his journey, he should stay out of harm's way. *he take a second to think before making his final his decision* Your offer for your bible is quite tempting but I know the scriptures well enough to go on without them a little longer; I also keep in mind the Tenth of our Holy Commandments : You shall not covet. And while I might miss the familiar touch of this old friend, it would not be right to deprive you of it. I am bound to find one eventually, I'll even learn Chernarussian if I have too ! *he chuckles softly* Anyway Miss Huxley, I shall stay in the Pulkovo area as well while I await your call. Just let me know, and I'll be there. Feel free to join on in on tonight's prayer, I made it short and easy to remember, may it protect you as it protected me during my journey. Stay safe out there, God is with you, Preacher out."

*he shifts through a bundle of tattered pieces of paper before picking one from the stack*

"O Almighty and merciful God,
who hast commissioned Thy angels to guide and protect us,
command them to be our assiduous companions from our setting out until our return;
to clothe us with their invisible protection;
to keep from us all danger of collision, of fire, of explosion, of fall and bruises,
and finally, having preserved us from all evil,
and especially from sin, to guide us to our heavenly home.
Through Jesus Christ, our Lord.
Amen."

*the broadcast ends*

Edited by Pontiff

*Valerian sits on a hay bale in an empty field outside Pulkovo, staring at Green Mountain in the distance, with a radio in one hand, and a bible in the other, churning through the frequencies, he comes across the message of love and devotion, as he reads Job 17 from his Bible*

'By our Lord above, blessings upon you Father Moreau, I am delighted to hear a voice of reason and love. We have much to talk about and share. I am currently staying in Pulkovo albeit catching up on some needed rest very shortly. Was it the will of God that set the course for me to listen to you like this? There are many good people here, I am sure of it. You and humanity are not alone in this time of uncertainity. I will await you here. Becareful of the roads leading here, I was inspecting a Church just outside of the town, when I met upon a raggered and conflicted man but a man nevertheless. After showing him a painting in the church of Peter and Jesus and explaining the love of Christ even when Peter denied him, he decided to force his will and demands onto me at gun point. The last thing I said to him was 'I forgive you Otto' of which he was thankful for. If only more people were willing to forgive those who tresspass against themselves, just as our Lord and Saviour did... Anyways, *clears throat*, I am getting side tracked here of talking tales. Oh.. I almost forgot. I am Father Valerian. I will pray for your safe travels and deliverance. God Bless you Father.

*Valerian lays on the hay bale in the field and lets out a sigh of relief, as a shooting stars appears from the corner of his eye*

Edited by Furlean

*Prophet would roll over in the pile of trash and goods he made near his tent and hear a muffled voice coming from underneath him. He got up and heard the tail end of Father Moreau's preachings from the radio and responds hastily*

"Youuu... who's god? whatats preeeposterouss fah-therr. The only REAAAALLL way is the code. I am a believer in TH-That!"

*The transmission would be cut off, more than likely the drugged up fool forgot he wasn't pressing the PTT*

*the old priest tries to stand up from the bed he's been laying on for the past two days; as he puts more and more weight on his legs he suddenly falls to the ground, the pain in his calf pinning him down; he struggles to get back on the bed, weeping at his weakness, at the open wound of betrayal in his heart and at the perspective of loosing a leg. As he calms down and catches his breath, he takes out his notebook and writes down the last events. He takes a glance at the answer he had planned and grabs his radio, hoping that the people who got in touch didn't give up on him*

-his voice is rough, raspy-

"Greetings, it's the Preacher. I apologize for the lacking content these last few days, death came knocking on my door and I admit being still quite shaken by it ... *he lets out a grunt of pain as he shifts position on the mattress* Father Valerian, am I glad to hear the friendly voice of a servant of our Lord besides mine in this land. We have to meet as soon as possible, I fear that I have fallen pray to the very demons I swore to fight and lost sight of my mission. I beg of you, please help me, I cannot shoulder this burden alone any more ...

*the broadcast cuts off as the priest starts sobbing*

"Sorry about that, I have not been myself recently. Only in these transmissions can I reconcile with my true self, understand my true purpose in this bountiful yet hostile land. Come and see me, I need to see new faces. Father Valerian, I hope to see you very soon and will pray for your safety. Miss Huxley as well, I have not heard from you since, I hope you're alright. Stay safe out there, God is with you, Preacher out."

*he takes a moment to restore his mask of composure and opens his notebook at a page covered in hastily written prayers in bold red ink*

-his voice is much lower, almost begging-

"Lord,
As I move forward with other relationships in my life,
help me not to punish those who have goodwill toward me
by assuming that they will betray me like people in the past have done.
Help me to trust the people I know who are treating me well.
If it is Your will, please help me to rebuild trust in the relationship of the one who hurt me,
if they choose to reconcile with me.
It will be a difficult process,
but with Your grace I will work hard to create a foundation of trust in relationships.

Bless me with the wonderful power of forgiveness,
give me the grace to unconditionally forgive those who have done me wrong.
Give me the strength to let go of all ill-will,
the strength to forgive myself of my own failings and sins,
knowing that you have already forgiven me.
Free me of all anger, bitterness, hate and unforgivingness.
I lift this person up to You, God, so that they may be able to forgive themselves for their betrayal of me as I work to forgive them.
Amen."

*the broadcast ends*

Diana pressed down on the PTT after a few moments of consideration for how she should reply. She was ashamed for not trying to get in contact earlier with Father Moreau. Now she cannot ignore him, not in good conscience.

"Father, this is Huxley. If you're safe enough to give a location here, please do so. I'll come as soon as I can with some food and some medical supplies. Please also let me know of anything else you need. I'm really sorry I didn't come sooner, I got just caught up in everything else that's been going on. My mother would be ashamed of me."

After releasing the PTT, she began packing up her things. 

*He pulls his radio from his coat pocket, his cold hands shaking and holds the PPT button*

No disrespect, but if you think your god is listening, you're one of the most foolish i've met in this hell hole. If there was a god, we wouldnt be in this mess.

*he stuffs the radio back into his pocket and goes back to warming his hands.*

*pshhhh

"Have fun in hell catholic dog!"

*pshhhh