Server time (UTC): 2019-12-11, 10:23 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Carter

S1 KOS Vybor industrial 1-10 23:55 ish badrp at about

Server and location: Server one Vybor Industrial

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME):  Kos 18 min 8 seconds bad rp about 23:00 to server restart.

Your in game name: Joey Thompson

Names of allies involved: @Eli Tate and @ItzzNate @Mademoiselle

Name of suspect/s: @Shazzzam

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): None

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot):  https://gyazo.com/bf789db6de9994a88937a4a51a71fab2

Detailed description of the events I don't remember where I was sitting when the shot took place but @Shazzzam fires down into the Vybor industrial area that I am a security guard for the vybor market I jump into cover and people tell me where the shot came from after people look at him through either binoculars or a optic they had on their person. and I go to see if he was still in the area and to give some RP but in the end I get shot out of no where but I did have my gun raised for my safety which did not end well but I private message him on the forums and he claims one of the guards of the vybor market shot at him, which I know is not true saying me and my buddy were the only guards on and my buddy was AFK for majority of the situation, anyways he claims a security guard shot at him which gave him rights on every person in the industrial area ( https://gyazo.com/02b64cb182b98550b1ad6f79cab17711 )but I am not doing this because of salt I think he took a pot shot at the vybor industrial for the hell of it. With one more thing to add in Since people are at the camp I am supposed to protect that doesn't mean they are in dynamic with me so if he did have kos rights on someone does not mean he had rights on me. (I also understand that since I hopped in with a gun raised for protection to see if I could find him and capture him for taking a shot at my groups camp he could say that he had a reason) also was informed about BadRP done by @Shazzzam that he was throwing flashbangs over the walls and was kicked out multiple times prior to this event. So I would also like to add badrp to this @ItzzNate is the one who told me about it.

Edited by Ryan Carter
Found out about more things that happened prior to this.

Kill logs:

Spoiler

00:18:08 | Player "Joey Thompson"(id=) has been killed by player "Nikolai Bron"(id=)

00:25:46 | Player "Nikolai Bron"(id=) has been killed by player "Kristen Klein"(id=)

Hit logs:

Spoiler

00:18:08 | "Nikolai Bron(uid=) SHOT Joey Thompson(uid=) by Mosin9130 into Chest."

00:25:46 | "Kristen Klein(uid=) SHOT Nikolai Bron(uid=) by AKS74U_Black into head."

Connection logs:

Spoiler

00:02:33 | Player "Joey Thompson" is connected (id=)
01:00:20 | Player "Joey Thompson"(id=) has been disconnected

00:01:08 | Player "Nikolai Bron" is connected (id=)
00:36:31 | Player "Nikolai Bron"(id=) has been disconnected

00:24:08 | Player "Kristen Klein" is connected (id=)
Still connected

00:04:58 | Player "Eli Tate" is connected (id=)
00:49:50 | Player "Eli Tate"(id=) has been disconnected

Calling in  Nikolai Bron - @Shazzzam , Eli Tate - @Eli Tate , Kristen Klein - @Shanoby , and @ItzzNate to post their POVs.

If anyone has video evidence we ask that you upload and post it now.

POV: Dr. Faith Capella:

So I see an infected in the vybor factory who was walking inside and I didn't want someone getting hurt. I got my MP5-K out with a suppressor and aimed. Whilst aiming (I can't recall before or after) I see a guy sneaking on the hill but obviously, I think he is RP being scarce etc. So I kill the infected, put away my gun and take my hunting scope out. I zoom in to look and see a guy with a clown mask on, he directly aims towards us, which i think he is probably using his sights to see who is in the compound before popping a shot. I don't know if this may of triggered the events, if so I apologise, it was not my intention.

I was not shooting at the man, the infected was completely in a different direction to him.

One of the blue armbands, I assume Ryan, was killed which we suspected the man was still around however other than that, my game crashed and I've been having desync issues - had to verify my files and re-entered the game. He was killed whilst I was loading DayZ back up.

David Anderson's POV: Earlier this morning on the server at about 1-2pm Eastern Standard Time, I was approached by this Nikolai man, AKA, @Shazzam, and he tells me that he's been repeatedly kicked out for "misconduct" by him for throwing flashbangs over the wall. @Genji and @OnionRingOfDoom apparently kicked him out previously for doing the same thing. In response to what he tells me about lobbing flashbangs over the wall, he tells me that the reason he's been doing this is because apparently the previous day, a guard shot at him. Funny enough, that's the same thing he apparently told the OP in his POV that a guard shot at him very previously too. I found this to be entirely false, as the OP states that the only guards in our group were either AFK or were with him at the time of this. Regardless, this is an excuse used many times to cause terrible RP for lobbing flashbangs over the wall repeatedly on multiple occasions and running away afterwards with no interaction whatsoever. After I found out what happened to @Shazzam (supposedly in his little IC story), he threatens the market and says he'll be back with more men to destroy the market, which leads to me kicking him out of the compound.

About 10-15 minutes pass, and I am told by whom I presume as @Saints that this Nikolai fella (@Shazzam) has supposedly fallen off a ladder and injured himself. I run with him to find the body of @Shazzam lying on the ground next to a ladder that reaches the top of the warehouse. In his inventory, I find several flashbangs which I assume he was going to use to throw again from the top of the warehouse and then run away.

Several hours later, around 6-7PM Eastern Standard Time, a flashbang goes off in the middle of a crowd attempting to RP, and right after, I'm told that outside the wall is a man creeping around in a clown mask, armed with a mosin-nagant and scope and in camouflage. Myself and the OP confront him and strike a conversation about why he's creeping about the walls, and he states that he was "interested in the crowd gathering there" which is entirely false. I dismiss the OP and tell @Shazzam to follow me, once I found out his name was Nikolai, the same man that approached me yesterday that I told to leave. I take him into town where we begin to discuss openly knowing that the man is the one lobbing the flashbangs, eventually myself, @Shazzam (NIkolai) and @Erik (Kane Aster) have a chat with him next to the market about asking if it's ok to frisk him for flashbangs. (I should note that in this moment, he has not been initiated on, held at gunpoint, or any hostility) He agrees, and I type into the chat *pats the man down for flashbangs* // do i find any? and he replies with //none. It is after this that we let him go from questioning, and I log out about 45 minutes later.

I do not have any video evidence, but I believe one of Faith's allies do have footage of the KOS/Invalid kill.

Edited by ItzzNate

POV: Kristen Klein

So, me and @Mademoiselle were walking in Vybor compound and she shoots down one of the infected outside. Then she notices a figure up on the hill and we both scope in with binoculars at him (we see clownmask) when all of a sudden he shoots towards us. So we take quickly cover, confused why did the man shoot at us. Then people from Vybor take also cover and some of the people start to push uphill to ID and or capture the man, one of them beeing @Ryan Carter.

Me and @derNils pushed up hill and someone notified us that there is a guy behind a barn. So @derNils initiates on the guy and gets shot by clownmask, so I initiate right after and engage him and kill him.

Looking at this: https://gyazo.com/bf789db6de9994a88937a4a51a71fab2

Seems to me, @Shazzzam took @Mademoiselle shooting infected, as US shooting at him... (enitre situation in the video)...

Edited by Shanoby

My take in this is that I infiltrated the compound to scout the area and see what's inside without being noticed. While the talkative part lacks, it's still a roleplay, even if it is a silent one. I got caugh somehow eventually and when the server reset I went out to take a good look at the people with my scope but I got noticed by @Mademoiselle . Through my scope she was aiming directly at me and eventually I heard a silenced shot from that direction. I thought - unfortunately to be proved wrong - that I was being shot at. I didn't got hit, but she doesn't need more than one shot in the chest/head to put me down and thinking about it realistically, what would you have done if you put yourself into that situation? So I fired a shot from my Mosin in retaliation. Eventually I ran back but the whole camp oragnized groups of 2-3 people heavily armed to search for me and I was crawling in the grass trying to escape. I was crawling in the grass trying to camo myself as best as I could and took a second shot at a guy who was coming at me with a tuned up FN FAL. Now blame me for a kos if you want, but roleplay-wise this is how things would have usually ended. By that I mean, it would be NVFL if I simply got out of the grass and said "Hey fellas, I'm over here let's start communicating for roleplay..." at the armed-to-the-teeth and seeming hostile searching parties. That would be considered, not by me, but by COMMON SENSE to be instant suimicide. And no, my character is by his lore, still sane enough and with a capable and fuctional self-defence instinct, to not do that. And I have not chosen rule play over role play. The roleplay is in fact the brutal arithmetic of combat portrayed in that battle. I didn't go there with the intetion to kill, I killed because my character had to. If I had to stop, forget about what every normal human would do in a post-apocalyptic world, being in this situation, get up and engage in a thrilling conversation with the people who are hunting me, then I guess I really am wrong. I do apologized for the caused trouble, but I did what I must to defend myself. If they did not go after searching for me and simply let me escape this would not have happened. Being outside the compound I am not the attacker in this situation. I am dead as well from this whole situation and is a loss for me too.

EDIT: https://imgur.com/a/QNLkM

The majority of the conversation between me and him. I never understood what he wanted to discuss over ts, did he want to blackmail me so he doesn't start a report, I don't think so but I still have no idea even though I asked him and clearly told him what happened from my POV. That silenced shot coupled with both of them looking at me was simply a big coincidence that triggered everything, that's the truth. In my defence I still am saying that they never gave up the chase though and I had almost no way of getting out of there, there were constantly people running around and I shot Ryan because he was incredibly close to me while I was crawling in the grass. How can I know what would he have done? Should I have said "Hey buddy I'm the guy with the clown mask that thought you guys are shooting at me and I shot back at you. Are you here to kill me?". That's NVFL imo.

Edited by Shazzzam

@Shazzzam will be temporarily be banned for the durration of this report due to his recent actions in game.

Damn I think I just died to a zombie because of that haha. Well I told you that it was all a big misunderstanding, if there will be any punishment for me for what happened I will accept it. 

Alright, so in regards to the BadRP that was mentioned in the OP, I was there for all the prior events (and streaming) so below I'll add timestamps for you

The very first flashbang yesterday

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/216953422?t=12m07s

Shortly after the OP is seen in a bush aiming at us. He refuses to be questioned or restrained to be searched, and gets shot down

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/216953422?t=31m18s

The next day I run into him again at camp where he goes on about how @Genji killed him the day prior, and talking all sorts of crap. Eventually I hand him off to @ItzzNate

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/217248201?t=01h44m41s

Later that day he once again sets off a flashbang, this time wearing different clothing

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/217349027?t=17m56s

And afterwards I run into @ItzzNate confronting him about it, during which I suspect it's the same person (later confirmed by watching VoDs)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/217349027?t=28m06s

First flashbang incident and second was my fault, I admit, @Rogue told me I would be banned if I did something like that so I apologized, I have the chat and will post if needed. I'm currently at work so I can't post anything for the next few hours unfortunately. Secondly I misunderstood the rule about the memory loss I thought only one hour or somewhat more and then I can be myself again. but didn't get the part that I lost the memory up until the kill, I corrected that on spot however and I apologized for that as well. Sorry some parts of the rules are just confusing as hell and I'm still getting the hang of this, really sorry for that. The third flashbang incident is not my fault, that happened when I was sneaking around their camp, but I''m not the culprit. I'm really sorry for the cause of all of this, it's just fairy confusing how am I supposed to engage in hostilities otherwise and that shot just lit the whole situation and the misunderstandings. I apologize to all and hope to not get banned, but even if I do I will accept it. I'll compensate the killed guy with some of my items for as much as he lost if need be. 

Edited by Shazzzam

I don't know the names of the of the man who died nor the man who was shot in the leg but I did my RP job and that was to make sure the man shot in the leg survived. I know that the man with the clown mask had been spotted on the room of the factory with the chimney aiming a mosin down at the tents. when i approached the man out of curiosity the man in the clown mask took off down the ladder and up the hill north of vybor industrial  towards the barn on the hill. moments later he had killed someone injured another and had been killed himself.

This is taking far longer than I expected. I need to go to a inguinal hernia repair surgery in one hour and I might not be able to access the forums for the next +/- 8 hours. If you need me to reply to something and I can't in that time frame don't take it as me ignoring it. Thanks.

Hello , just noticed that this guy was the person who threw the flash bang so i'll post my pov :
So i was "rping" inside of the vybor trader base and i heard commotion with two different parties that where not involved with the flashbanger ( @Shazzzam ) . And once that was finished a legit flashbang hit me in my face , and if you know by dayz logic could of in fact broken my leg and / or caused bone damage. 

After that some russian guy that i don't know the name of killed the guy going down the ladder (he may of initiated idk) . But considering there is a report ,kind of linked to the situation . I would deem Shazzam for attempting to kill or harm my character for no reason as flashbangs do infact cause damage. Personally i think this would be attempted kos , but i'll see what the staff had to say.

Edited by Saints

I threw the flashbang not at you, neither I threw it with the intent to harm you or anyone for that matter @Saints. Furthermore, I did get shot because of that and later the guy explained to me that while not stated in the rules, it is against them to throw flashbangs at all like that. 

https://imgur.com/a/cT7dG

The flashbang thing is also two days past the misunderstand that this report is all about and is a whole new seperate thing. The flashbang is also not implemented to work as of 0.61 it can cause no harm unless I throw it right at you and I did not neither had I the intention to do so. I agree that I am the culprit for the first 2 flashbang incidents, but no the third and in those two nothing bad happened to anybody. I just didn't know that was throwing them even without the intention to cause harm was not allowed and I apologized.

Verdict:

@Shazzzam [Invalid Kill - On Sight]: Guilty | [Aggravated Trolling]: Guilty

Explanation:

To recap the first situation, we see @Mademoiselle kill a zombie, to which Shazzam takes it as her shooting at him. In response, he opens fire on the vybor compound. Time goes by, and Shazzzam takes more shots leading to the death of @Ryan Carter. More time passes, the remaining of the security at the Vybor compound ends up finding Shazzzam, and killing him.

From the video evidence provided on the situation, it is quite clear the shots were nowhere near Shazzam. In fact, from the time the first shot went off to when Shazzzam took his initial shot it would have been clear that the person who killed the zombie was no threat. There was no initiation from either side, and no hostile action was committed from either side to begin the firefight, for this reason we have found Shazzam guilty of Invalid Kill - On Sight. In the future, remember that you can only take hostile action on someone if they are a clear threat to your life, or if a hostile action has been taken against you as seen in rule 7.2:

Spoiler
  • 7.2 Players gain kill rights when a hostile action is taken against them or their group, or when their characters life is directly at risk. These rights last for 2 hours after last interaction during the hostile situation and can be used as long as their use do not conflict with any other rules like NLR or NVFL.

Going onto the additional evidence that was brought forward for BadRP, we have reviewed it and come to the conclusion Shazzzam is guilty for Troll RP. In the multiple videos brought forward, Shazzzam is seen throwing flashbangs over the walls into Vybor compound, as well as giving overall sub par RP to those in the compound. For example walking away from people trying to RP with him which in the end would lead to his death. This is not the RP we want to see out of players, and it will not be tolerated. For this reason we have found Shazzam guilty for Troll RP. We have also decided to aggravate this punishment by adding 5 points to the ban strike as well as adding 3 days to the ban due to the severity of the rulebreaks displayed in this report, as well as how common they seem to occur. In the future, do not randomly throw flashbangs over walls into a group of players, it is seen as trolly and unnecessary. Also, if players are trying to interact with you when they are merely 2 feet behind you do not just walk away and avoid it.

Lastly, for your clear lack of understanding of the rules as well as receiving a 7 day ban within your first month of playing, your whitelist has been revoked. Refrain from this behavior in the future, it is not something we want to see on our server. 

Outcome:

@Shazzzam, [Invalid Kill - On Sight/Aggravated Trolling]: 10 Day Ban, 15 Warning Points + Whitelist Revoked

Verdict by @Brady, @Hebi Kotei, and @Para