Server time (UTC): 2020-10-23, 01:51
Sign in to follow this  
Onion

The King's Men [Strict Recruiting]

iKYrlDb.png

"We are always on our guard against contagious diseases of the body, but we are exasperatingly careless when it comes to the even more dangerous collective diseases of the mind."

N6uhPqI.png.bbc9357d0cab921cdfb660228e182bcf.png

Spoiler

Jak Onions & Fae Anderson had always disdained the cold, daunting wasteland that Chernarus had become, and always felt secluded, even with the companionship of the Black Fangs. It was a place where they felt distant, and alone, despite being surrounded by so called ‘friends’.

They were considerate, social, caring people. They had grown a bond only comparable to that of siblings. They sought to help people, provide safety and even just make people smile amidst the utter horror in the world. The Black Fangs, however, saw them as do-gooders, unable to truly live up to the group’s vicious criteria. Instead, Fae and Jak helped one of the group’s innocent victims escape their grasp, betraying their own. That's the sort of people they were. They only wanted to help.

Jak walked over to the window and reflected on his derelict surroundings. The cold rain teased like a velvet shadow over the window, a symbol of the blood he had shed for the people he knew only as his 'family'.

The figure of Fae Anderson stood beside him. Fae was an energetic, wide-eyed saint. She shared Jak's vision and values, but like Jak, she had forgotten her true self over the course of their time with the Black Fangs.

Neither of them were prepared for what they had become. Neither of them wanted this; to be feared, hated, even hunted by those who wanted to destroy the Fangs.

"I am here because I want normality," Jak bellowed, in a saddened tone. He slammed his fist against the table beside the window, causing it to shudder in protest, "We can't do this anymore, Fae. All the wrong we have done. All the blood on our hands... “

Fae looked solemn, she folded her arms, staring into the floor like the knots in the wood might hold some kind of answer.
“I know” she replied, her voice oddly quiet, “I suppose we have lost our way, haven’t we? This is never where I imagined myself...”

“Me neither. We aren’t cut out for this, we aren’t like the rest of the Fangs… we should be out there helping people, not slaughtering them”
A silence filled the space between them for several long minutes, only the relentless assault of the wind and rain against the side of the house could be heard.

After what felt like an eternity, Fae reached out, taking the battered purple jacket that had been thrown across the back of a chair. She held the item towards Jak, a serious expression on her face,

“Maybe it isn’t too late to do something...” she paused, as if unsure if she should voice her thoughts, "Jak... let's leave this place. Start anew. We can give back what we have taken… maybe we can still make a difference. Maybe we can still help... ”

Jak took his coat, staring at it for a moment before looking back up at Fae with a slight smile. Slipping the garment on, he again turned to the window.
“Maybe you’re right…” he replied, watching the rain pour with a spark of hope in his eyes. He seemed to ponder the thought for some time, before his voice filled the room again, “We could… create a town... somewhere safe where people can come to rest and recover, find doctors, teachers, traders… start a thriving community, just like we had before all this happened. Maybe it's still possible”

Fae approached him. She shared a similar excitement at this idea, but there was uncertainty still. There was so many obstacles in their way, mountains that needed to be overcome.
“Do you think the people would trust us? Former Black Fangs?” she sighed, “What reason would anyone have to settle in a town we create, knowing what we have done?”

“I suppose that’s a risk we take, Fae. We need to show the people we are not affiliated with the Fangs anymore, that we are trying to redeem ourselves”

“Setting up a town won’t be easy” Sitting at the table, Fae ran a hand through her hair, “We will need help, manpower… we need rules and laws, people to work for us… but it’s worth a shot, right? Anything is better than this…”

After much deliberation, they decide to start a new settlement in Vybor, taking the few friends they knew they could trust with them. They envisioned a community, not far from what had been before the outbreak. The new group hoped they could make just a small pocket of Chernarus safe and peaceful.

Fae and Jak oversaw preparations to rebuild Vybor. Having previous experience in both Trading and Security, Fae took charge of the trading camps and the overall safety of the new settlement. She began clearing infected to ensure the town was habitable and locating a secure place for the market. Jak, being the more charismatic of the two, became the figurehead, the public face of their new town. They worked tirelessly to organised the foundation of the town, taking into consideration the current state of Chernarus and the people trapped there.

Their vision was a safe haven, people could come to settle, travelers could stop on their journeys to resupply and traders and hunters could sell their wares. The pair wanted a safe and calm settlement, where crime and bickering were snuffed out before they could spark anything worse, a place where they could perhaps secure a small piece of normality.

They wanted a home.

Fae had never truly fit in with the Black Fangs way of life, but she tolerated it to build her relationship with the man she had fallen in love with; David Anderson. She thought she could overlook the crimes and find enough reason to stick around for the sake of her husband. She thought perhaps she could make a difference from within the group, help sway the leaders away from their hostile intent, but it was a futile effort. It became too much for Fae, enough was enough. She had witnessed countless murders, slaughters that could have been prevented. This wasn't the world she wanted to know or was built for. She was a Police Officer, she should have been protecting these people. Not standing by watching them be ruthlessly torn apart by the very criminals she swore she would extinguish.

Jak had always believed in camaraderie, and brotherhood. For as long as he can remember he was forever, happy, smiling, hard working, caring and loyal. After the outbreak hit, he was stuck, with nowhere to turn to, in an unknown country. He was taken in, protected, fed, looked after by the Black Fangs. Over time, he got more and more involved in the darker side of life. Murdering, stealing, overthrowing, to help the Black Fangs achieve their goals. He grew colder and colder as weeks went on; but not once did he think that anything was wrong. It was that day when the Black Bear Garage's Owner, James Blacks' girlfriend, Phoebe was taken from him for not falling onto his knees to the Black Fangs. As punishment for James’ refusal to cooperate with the Fang’s demands, Phoebe was taken to a church in the next town. She was beaten to an inch of her life. Scarred and humiliated, she was forced to walk back to her home. Jak was forced by the leader of the Black Fangs to inflict pain on this innocent, young girl. It was this moment that Jak looked at himself, reflected on what he had become. He began drafting an idea on how to give back everything that he had taken.

They began their search for individuals who shared similar values and morals as them. Fae and Jack reached out to some of their closest friends, people who offered something special that would aid the rebirth of a settlement. Fae contacted Anna Kovar and The Two Legged Wolf both of whom have worked with Fae in the market previously, hoping to bring them with her to establish a trading post and gain a steady supply of food. Jak spoke with his comrades, men he had fought beside, and offered them a chance at redemption within their new town. Some were hesitant, unsure of the unknown, but sure enough Joey Thompson, David Anderson and Rex Wheeler agreed leave alongside Jak and Fae.

Rebuild what had been lost. And provide a safe place. Where people can learn new skills. Receive free healthcare. Have families. Be happy. And succeeding in where Tortuga failed.

BngIXfM.png.1a93ed5d0494588af0604f45aa22cf2a.png

Spoiler

First Steps

• Get the word out that there is a new long term settlement for those seeking a change of normality; including Security, Hospitality, Information & Trading. Use of radio chatter and scouting parties.
  • Collect and power generators to power our new settlement.
  • Conduct interviews to establish Council. Decide on priorities of Settlement and laws all must abide.
  • Find a doctor to work in the town clinic and prepare the clinic ready for the doctor to begin their work. Completed.
  • Interview and select suitable candidates for town security. Completed.

Long Term Goals

• Bring an end to the fear induced by hostile groups in managed Towns.
  • Introducing modern city infrastructure such as; laws and policing, education, healthcare, government, judicial system etc.
  • Establish contact with CDF to receive supplies and resources.

Ongoing Goals

• Begin a survival training camp. Establish public schooling that teaches basic survival training to members and public.
  • Assess the skills and needs of every community member, giving them a role that suits their character. Giving them purpose and a place to develop.
  • Return the power to the people with weekly public council meetings, where the community can help shape the future of the Town.

OOC Goals

• Maintain a positive reputation and attitude.
  • Provide fun and interesting RP and events for it's members and the community.

Goals are dynamic and ongoing, goals will be updated as the group progresses.

6XMXeon.png.0d27ec7011ef2948601a5b755e340de0.png

Spoiler

Leaders

@OnionRingOfDoom - Jak Onions

@Genji - Fae Williams

Council

@Darra - Anna Kovar

@XxGrAipYyxX - Oleg Volkov

Members

@JimRP - Dimitri Tarasov

@Ryan Carter - Joey Thompson

@Rex Wheeler - Rex Wheeler

@pijkaCZ - Ondrej Pis

@ItzzNate - David Anderson

@Scarlett - Jenna Saunders

@OxeN - Azibo Jackson

@Yung Shade - Sokol Zakhorav

@Frostyy - Justin Richards

@Callahan - Ford R. Walker

@JkpFrog - Leliana Gorny

BTEOR7Q.png.1c5cb2bab33add5e336d19073c65f5fd.png

PM @OnionRingOfDoom and @Genji with the completed form below.

Spoiler

In Game Name:

Previous Group Experience: 

Minimum Activity Per Week: 

What Can The King's Men Do For You: 

What Value Can You Add To The King's Men: 

What Areas Of Your RP Do You Need To Improve: 

What Motivates You To Log On To RP: 

ICly, What Job/Role Would Your Character Best Fit Into: 

“We are each other's harvest; we are each other's business; we are each other's magnitude and bond.” 

iKYrlDb.png

Edited by OnionRingOfDoom

The lore is simple, and straight forward. I' like to see a tad more fleshed out on the.. government side of the group. Like running a town needs some municipal jargon like rules n such. Maybe add to the lore who wanted the town and why.. who was best suited for making the settlement within the group. You know what I'm saying?

Also the goals need to be a tad more SMART. I like the settlement goal. Maybe we can come up with more.

Here is some bad feedback on your rp and group:

Spoiler

Image result for circle hand meme

Gotteeem .... have fun , group looks good!

Thread looks good, although a little barren.

• Would like to see some cool graphics with the thread, but I got a feeling that you're still working on some.
  • The backstory, although alright is a little short and straight to the point. Maybe expand up on a couple of things a bit more. I would also recommend formatting it a bit different and maybe having it behind a spoiler, because the thread currently looks like a big wall of text.
  • The goals are good but I recommend reading through this, to make sure that your goals are SMART™.

Other than that the thread looks great, good luck with the group y'all

P.S. If you need help with some graphics hmu, I wouldn't mind helping out.

Edited by Yung Shade

44 minutes ago, Joffrey said:

The lore is simple, and straight forward. I' like to see a tad more fleshed out on the.. government side of the group. Like running a town needs some municipal jargon like rules n such. Maybe add to the lore who wanted the town and why.. who was best suited for making the settlement within the group. You know what I'm saying?

Also the goals need to be a tad more SMART. I like the settlement goal. Maybe we can come up with more.

2 minutes ago, Yung Shade said:

Thread looks good, although a little barren.

• Would like to see some cool graphics with the thread, but I got a feeling that you're still working on some.
  • The backstory, although alright is a little short and straight to the point. Maybe expand up on a couple of things a bit more
  • The goals are good but I recommend reading through this, to make sure that your goals are SMART™.

Other than that the thread looks great, good luck with the group y'all

P.S. If you need help with some graphics hmu, I wouldn't mind helping out.

Thanks you lads, for the constructive criticism's!
I'll find some time over the weekend to work on these and get the lore more fleshed out and detailed. As well as taking SMART into consideration and changing the goals up.

@Yung Shade, I may very well be taking you up on that offer my guy, thank you :) My paint.NET doodle skills aren't the greatest.

1 minute ago, OnionRingOfDoom said:

My paint.NET doodle skills aren't the greatest.

That's why I use PS, but hmu on a PM and I can see what I can do for y'all!

Other than graphics, which I'm sure you're working on, the group looks sound. Good luck and I hope to meet you in-game!

Okie dokie, the Admin, and LM team feel this is a WiP. Due to lack of lore as previously mentioned, and the goals not following the new SMART system. They have come to the decision, that you have 24 hours of this post, too make your group a finished product, before it gets archived.

You will be able to un-archive when it is a finished product. Get at me in TS if you have questions. <3

I think you should change the logo, the bandana skull comes across as unfriendly and aggressive. Maybe go something a little more warm at a first glance.

If I read right you guys are meant to be neutral/friendly right?

Edited by Species

I feel bad for you man, bad timing with the goals crusade going on. I actually liked this, fluff it up and you’ll be good.

5 hours ago, Joffrey said:

Okie dokie, the Admin, and LM team feel this is a WiP. Due to lack of lore as previously mentioned, and the goals not following the new SMART system. They have come to the decision, that you have 24 hours of this post, too make your group a finished product, before it gets archived.

You will be able to un-archive when it is a finished product. Get at me in TS if you have questions. <3

24 hours?!

I'll see what I can do.

I will be linking up with you later if you're about, I have work, then dinner plans, then I'll be about 10pm server time <3 xxx

Ill do my best to pad the lore and sort the goals ? im avaliable for most of the day (i think) 

Looking good. Hope all goes well, hopefully you guys can have a non meta gamed grace period to set this up rather than have it immediately trampled over because reasons. 

Really hope this goes well for you guys, could be pretty cool if so. 

Looks good, nice to see a more friendlier group emerge in the apocalypse. Much better graphics now. 

Setting aside what happened a couple of nights ago, I'm excited to see how the idea with Lopatino and everything else goes. I'll certainly be paying a visit at somepoint, best of luck with this ladies and gents.

13 minutes ago, Mexi said:

Setting aside what happened a couple of nights ago, I'm excited to see how the idea with Lopatino and everything else goes. I'll certainly be paying a visit at somepoint, best of luck with this ladies and gents.

Too much alchohol and testosterone. Water under the bridge right?

Thanks buddy. Looking forward to seeing you :) xxx

Thread looking good, glad I could help out. I there's ever anything you need help with holler at me.

Besides that Good luck boys & girl, hope to meet y'al in-game!

Just now, Yung Shade said:

Thread looking good, glad I could help out. I there's ever anything you need help with holler at me.

Besides that Good luck boys & girl, hope to meet y'al in-game!

Please dont shoot me again this time ;) <3

Im working on the lore now! 

What hostile groups are left that you shall seek?

I ask this because there seemed to be only one joint alliance that forced anything hostile on to people, so the question would be are you going after everyone that does anything bad or just people who point guns.

Edited by Eagle

40 minutes ago, Eagle said:

What hostile groups are left that you shall seek?

I ask this because there seemed to be only one joint alliance that forced anything hostile on to people, so the question would be are you going after everyone that does anything bad or just people who point guns.

Good question, I'll be sure to make this clearer when we update the lore later this evening.

We will not be actively chasing hostile groups. We will protect ourselves with our in-house security whose roles are to deal with internal issues but will lead in the event of an external invasion. The option is open to form partnerships and alliances with other groups to assist in security if necessary.

But we will not be actively chasing down other groups, only the individuals or groups that threaten our community. Even then, they we be captured alive, and brought to judgement. (Think Tortuga).

Edited by OnionRingOfDoom

Sounds like a good fit for an ex mechanic/wannabe farmer. Hope to meet in game sometime! (Working on his PM application)

From what I could tell your character was never trying to be a "Good guy", so it seems a little odd in the lore that you're painting him like he was a do-gooder and didn't fit with the fangs, but i'm all for character progression and the way you're talking about the blood on your hands and stuff. Either way, you're a good dude and you got some good RPers on the roster so I have faith you'll pull it off. 

Good luck.

Edited by Fang

salty.gif.d93892c4809b54f37e96289f746356ee.gif.bef7720a240c77a00195943625c1bfec.gif

Good luck with the group guys. I think your graphics are very well done btw!

Oh!

Good luck with the group! 

I liked the backstory with @OnionRingOfDoom and @Genji

tumblr_opkaglYJNM1sk1rjvo1_500.gif.00277a13f768b0fecf96c3acbf70e565.gif

Edited by Lady In Blue