Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 14:46
Sign in to follow this  
Brady

Interview With a Community Member: Sylva

ECLmGuNAUSIt_utcYGBagwTHfKpB6VBqZrgtEU6HOeulj2zzYZq7pGZSnxX8wT5Z5-pVjyTkA7Ai6gv3u4rUCRTsqOPDrwPeLNoI-T3pbuK2-x82F1VcehwZ_-kBVaCtG2tsPnu4

Welcome! For this week of Interview with a Community Member we have @Sylva

This interview is to get to know the members of our community, and hopefully bring the community together. Comment who you want to see being interviewed next week!

Thanks to Sylva for participating!

Tell us about yourself!

Spoiler

Well, I'm an E3 in the Texas National Guard. In my spare time I play intermurals and go shooting. Oh, and DayZRP.

Uhm. I'm also a college student at Texas A&M University. Double major in history in education. I'm in a frat. Girls are cool. Alcohol is cooler. Probably gonna transfer out this fall to UNT but I'm really not sure yet.

How did you find out about DayZRP, and what made you want to join?

Spoiler

I was tired of getting KOS'd, to be honest. I've always enjoyed games like Fallout (as in post apocalyptic) but more so as a study of the human endeavor. I think its really interesting seeing how society evolves, or at least how people think it would evolve, in the collapse of civilization. DayZRP and the factions system really intrigued me. And as they say, once you start, there's no going back.

If you could thank one person for helping you get started here who would it be?

Spoiler

Shhhhhiiitttt. @Sleepyhead helped me out when I was learning RP. Also @Classic

What could we do, as the staff team, to make this a better place?

Spoiler

Give me a fully kitted FAL everytime I spawn ^_^

What is your most memorable experience(IC/OOC) here?

Spoiler

Either one of the many battles for polana factory or destroying the cringe-filled "United Republic of Shakhova"

Do you regret doing anything in your time here?

Spoiler

Hmm. That I hadn't joined earlier?

If you had to live in a jail cell with four people from this community who would it be?

Spoiler

Hah! Uhm, @Jonal, @th3inory, @Major, and @Lady In Blue

"Give me a fully kitted FAL everytime I spawn ^_^"

Yes, that would make DayZRP a totally better place for everyone.

1/10 interview not serios enough omg ree

Interesting interview.

Edited by Whitename

These are getting shorter and shorter.. Revert back to how they were originally, please.

Edited by Mexi

Interesting interview but I have to agree with @Mexi this one seems really short and they seem to be shorter everyday, would like to see some more detailed answer or some more question.

Other than that, good read!

Edited by Yung Shade

Nice interview, Mexi brought up a good point though, they were a lot bigger in the old formula with a lot more interesting questions that have been left out IMO. What was with the change in formula?

The formula was changed up to just make a change. The old formula is what, about 2 years old now? Nice lil change up can be a good thing, let's people get back to their terrible memes on status updates quicker :D

Edit: I'm clearly referring to the shorter questions. Answers we don't have control over that.

@Oliv not true actually, it was changed up a bit when we restarted the interviews. I for one like the longer reads :) 

@Sylva I appreciate you.

1 minute ago, Elmo said:

I for one like the longer reads :) 

Giving this a big old +1 tbh.

Just now, Elmo said:

@Oliv not true actually, it was changed up a bit when we restarted the interviews. I for one like the longer reads :) 

You mean the like 3 week stint? :D we counting that?

Brady's just following my suggestion, I wanted this tried out a bit more first to see how it went and how it was received. After a few more we'll revisit it, see how it should go.

tough loss the other day @Sylva

Just now, Oliv said:

You mean the like 3 week stint? :D we counting that?

April - August, potato, potatoe? Who's counting, amirite? :^) Yeah I get it, you're trying to spice up the formula again and keep it fresh, perhaps something a little bit longer would be appreciated though.

Always enjoy readin' these, keep them up Brady!

Nice interview @Sylva, could have a little bit more of a read for a writer but other than that still a funny and informative read <3

Edited by Galaxy