Server time (UTC): 2019-06-26, 05:10
Sign in to follow this  
Major

DayZRP Infection Lore: What is currently known

Just now, Romenthegreat said:

this group will cause firefights just watch.

So?

Nothing wrong with Hostile RP / Firefights

1 minute ago, Romenthegreat said:

it is when its happen 24/7.

It won't happen 24/7, considering people have to RP injuries...

There are rules against that. 

This doesn't bypass the rules...

Just now, Taryn said:

It won't happen 24/7, considering people have to RP injuries...

There are rules against that. 

This doesn't bypass the rules...

ok but still logicly speaking why keep people who will cause nothing but problems alive? i dont see no logic behind marking people unless you intend for a cure or a anti turning thing what so ever.

Just now, Romenthegreat said:

ok but still logicly speaking why keep people who will cause nothing but problems alive? i dont see no logic behind marking people unless you intend for a cure or a anti turning thing what so ever.

Because They don't want to kill them, the just want them separated... It's the same reason the Irish were segregated... the Italians, the Asians... There was STRONG dislike/hatred for these people but not enough to just kill them all. 

Perhaps you have a group of "Clean" people who want to preserve their clean-ness... they make a gated community where you have to be clean to get in and live there...

Personally it will be interesting to rp that with my second character, who is a carrier. 

And it could be for testing or something like that anti-turning booster medicine that is only temporary as 'zombrex' or whatever the name it would be xD.

In order for it to work properly, it needs to be moderated properly. Limitations are a must as people will otherwise get carried away and things will be all over the show. I'm all for the idea as I think it adds a nice touch to character development and is an organic way of creating consistent roleplay. If handled correctly, anyway.

13 minutes ago, Romenthegreat said:

You're pretty much saying "It makes no sense to mark a carrier of a disease. Who can spread the disease to anyone."

What? Like??

tenor.gif?itemid=5922332

Boi. Carriers irl are a huge moral concern where we don't just gun down carriers of diseases but they usually are forced to tell others they have said disease. 

9 minutes ago, -Chow- said:

You're pretty much saying "It makes no sense to mark a carrier of a disease. Who can spread the disease to anyone."

What? Like??

tenor.gif?itemid=5922332

Boi. Carriers irl are a huge moral concern where we don't just gun down carriers of diseases but they usually are forced to tell others they have said disease. 

Currently, in all 50 states in the US (i believe), it is attempted murder to intentionally infect someone with HIV/AIDS without alerting them to your condition prior to any sexual contact. If you intentionally infect someone you can get life in prison in some states...

2 hours ago, Jman14102 said:

So no cure has been found yet. If one were to make a cure, how would it work exactly? Something that would "de-activate" the virus, essentially? Or something else?

I'm just bumping @Jman14102's question here since I have the same one. If @Taryn or anyone else has at least a general answer, please feel free to let us know. 

3 minutes ago, Dvlinhb said:

I'm just bumping @Jman14102's question here since I have the same one. If @Taryn or anyone else has at least a general answer, please feel free to let us know. 

A working cure would need LM & Admin permission as it would be a major impact on the lore. 

4 minutes ago, Dvlinhb said:

Ah shit, sorry.

Basically it would just kill the Virus inside the hosts cells (Without destroying the cells themselves) which is a task considering this virus destroys your immune system/deactivates it. Basically, anything that enters your body once the virus is gone has a chance to destroy it entirely because you're SEVERELY immuno-compromised. Make sense?

5 minutes ago, Dvlinhb said:

Isnt curing a virus rather difficult as they evolve rather quickly to new strains, come in man different variaties and dont really exist as own cells but inside of other cells that got infected?
Thats the reason why curing HIV, Herpes and Hepathisis are still such a huge problem.

1 minute ago, Malet said:

Isnt curing a virus rather difficult as they evolve rather quickly to new strains, come in man different variaties and dont really exist as own cells but inside of other cells that got infected?
Thats the reason why curing HIV, Herpes and Hepathisis are still such a huge problem.

Exactly, this. It's constantly evolving. Much like a flu virus, (which is why we need new vaccines every year) it changes based on its host. 

48 minutes ago, Taryn said:

Currently, in all 50 states in the US (i believe), it is attempted murder to intentionally infect someone with HIV/AIDS without alerting them to your condition prior to any sexual contact. If you intentionally infect someone you can get life in prison in some states...

49* not in ca.

So, we are confirming that this is a virus? 

1 hour ago, Kain said:

So, we are confirming that this is a virus? 

Partially. Yes. There's more to it than that. 

So... did you know the author of World War Z got his inspiration from the HIV infection? pretty neat shit to think about. 

An avenue for a possible cure - if this is the place to discuss this - is to take a thing called a antiretroviral medication. 
Effects are different among different chemical compositions for different diseases and stages BUTTTTT lets take the HIV example and the medication for that - commonly known as PrEP. 

HIV works by infecting your white blood cells - the cells directly responsible for fighting infections. So when the infection fighting cells get infected... shit... what stops that? WELL... PrEP. 

without getting too fucking crazy in explanation - everything in this world is electromagnetic. An atom is the smallest - KNOWN - particle... and its electric. Essentially for a virus to "infect" something it has to be electromagnetically "attracted" to it and "it" attracted to the virus. Mutual. 

Let me put it this way... take two batteries....the bigger the better. Put the positive nubby clit side of one battery to the receiving negative side of the other. Easy right?

Now... take the positive nubby clit side of both those batteries and try to touch the nubs together. much more difficult eh? That "barrier" you're feeling is essentially how PrEP works - by blocking or hindering the attraction between host and parasite. This is known as an Entry inhibitor. There is a lot more science here to explain but I'm keeping it simple for now... plus I'm not a pathologist. I do have some exposure to the topic and am chiming in on what I know about it. Anyways...

PrEP is a pre-exposure medication. For HIV positive patients there is a combination of medication that I can't quiet recall at the moment. It lowers the viral load of a seroconverted patient to what's called "undetectable" levels... levels that, with extensive research, have proven to reduce transmission within a negative and positive relationship. The lifespan of positive patients taking these medications have been reported to be or to be near normal lifespan. 

Another image you could picture - having to use a key to open a locked door. Usually the key fits until one day the keyhole is sealed.

I hope this helps with ideas and "cures"   

Sorry if this isn't the spot. Got inspired by your HIV posts @Taryn….

EDIT: ART is the drug for positive patients.  A combination of ART drugs is used for positive patients. sorry about misinformation. 

Edited by Vrtra

@MajorIs your post currently the most updated one? I know some things got nixed like the virus being able to reactivate. thank you!