Server time (UTC): 2020-08-06, 16:53
Sign in to follow this  
Major

DayZRP Infection Lore: What is currently known

1 minute ago, Romenthegreat said:

there is bullets.

good meme but theres still no cure for the infection...

4 minutes ago, Romenthegreat said:

there is bullets.

holy shit you are so smart man shittttt then take a magnum and shoot your character there you go

Edited by BorisRP

I check the Announcements nothing been made about this between now and when the lore was changed officially alot of people power game with out knowing it.

Just now, Romenthegreat said:

I check the Announcements nothing been made about this between now and when the lore was changed officially alot of people power game with out knowing it.

It's not powergaming if your char. is confused ICly. 

You char may believe they are immune, but in reality they are not. Them not knowing they are not immune is not powergaming, I promise ❤️ 

1 minute ago, Romenthegreat said:

then people could ask staff members like the lovley @Taryn before doing something thats not 100% clear

Edited by BorisRP

This wasn't changed until March, as seen here, and again, as @Brayces said, we have been waiting on the LMs and Roland to change it because they are infinitely busy and have a lot of shit to do.

It will be updated.

No one is power-gaming.

Just now, Brayces said:

It's not powergaming if your char. is confused ICly. 

You char may believe they are immune, but in reality they are not. Them not knowing they are not immune is not powergaming, I promise ❤️ 

I am not talking icly i am talking ooc. if it werent for me finding this post i would have still thought ooc that there was a immunity.

I am not talking icly i am talking ooc. if it werent for me finding this post i would have still thought ooc that there was a immunity.

Well, it's a good thing you've read this thread now and you know. 

Silly discussion closed?

Edited by Jamie

That's why this post was bumped by me, so people like you could see it.

Can I suggest that like in Dead Rising Watchtower people who could be found as carrier have to wear the bracelet thing to let people know they're carriers? 

I mean it's just suggestion xD

Like in this clip.

2 minutes ago, Paradox said:

Can I suggest that like in Dead Rising Watchtower people who could be found as carrier have to wear the bracelet thing to let people know they're carriers? 

I mean it's just suggestion xD

Like in this clip.

i can this being a reason to kill someone.

It was just...a suggestion xD.. 

My bad?

2 minutes ago, Paradox said:

- people who could be found as carrier have to wear the bracelet thing to let people know they're carriers? 

Oh, you mean like concentration camps?

?

brb i have a group idea...

Sorta. xD sure? XD

I mean it is a suggessttiioonn. ?

32 minutes ago, LouieRP said:

You are all wrong I have the cure. 

Is it a bullet to the face from close range?

Just now, Genji said:

Is it a bullet to the face from close range?

29 minutes ago, Romenthegreat said:

there is bullets.

Yes.

Just now, Paradox said:

Sorta. xD sure? XD

I mean it is a suggessttiioonn. ?

The beauty about the uncertainty if the person in front of you might be a carrier or not is the reason why interactions can always have this touch of danger.

Testing people and marking those who are infected sounds like an interesting group idea tbh - Especially when people themself can decide what the results might be for their chars.

Question to the LM or @Taryn: How does one test if infected or not? Like - How complicated is it (Equipment-wise) and how long would one have to wait for the results?

1 minute ago, Malet said:

The beauty about the uncertainty if the person in front of you might be a carrier or not is the reason why interactions can always have this touch of danger.

Testing people and marking those who are infected sounds like an interesting group idea tbh - Especially when people themself can decide what the results might be for their chars.

i can say the mass reports this is going to cause.

2 minutes ago, Malet said:

Question to the LM or @Taryn: How does one test if infected or not? Like - How complicated is it (Equipment-wise) and how long would one have to wait for the results?

infact such a group would be better off killing them instead of marking them.

How so?

He's not killing anyone... he's being apprehensive about people because he doesn't know if they're infected or not...

1 minute ago, Taryn said:

How so?

He's not killing anyone... he's being apprehensive about people because he doesn't know if they're infected or not...

i am saying icly it would make no sense to mark someone who will turn one day so a group existing on it would be a bad idea.

2 minutes ago, Romenthegreat said:

How so? I dont see an issue here.

Either you provide free testing as an volunteer-service in case people want to know or you turn it into a more hostile group that tests people with their OOC-Permission and then the tested person themself can decide if they are infected or not? As long as you dont powergame an infection onto someone no rules are broken.

i am saying icly it would make no sense to mark someone who will turn one day so a group existing on it would be a bad idea.

They may not turn one day... They're essentially a danger to the "Clean" people because if you get infected, there's a chance you won't be a carrier and might just get fully infected.

It's actually a great idea. @Malet sees the potential as i said above.

11 minutes ago, Taryn said:

Oh, you mean like concentration camps?

?

brb i have a group idea...

It makes plenty of sense. Decreasing the spreading of a disease by marking those already infected is and was common technique. Houses with the plague used to be marked with white crosses on the door f.e.

1 minute ago, Malet said:

How so? I dont see an issue here.

Either you provide free testing as an volunteer-service in case people want to know or you turn it into a more hostile group that tests people with their OOC-Permission and then the tested person themself can decide if they are infected or not? As long as you dont powergame an infection onto someone no rules are broken.

this group will cause firefights just watch.

Sign in to follow this