Server time (UTC): 2019-12-11, 01:46 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Major

DayZRP Infection Lore: What is currently known

2 minutes ago, Sleepyhead said:

I understand why you may be confused, but that was before it was discovered IC that you cannot be immune to the virus.

I am complain why we werent told this before ooc there have been thing rp that would have proven a immunity because of this.

Just now, Romenthegreat said:

I am complain why we werent told this before ooc there have been thing rp that would have proven a immunity because of this.

@Romenthegreat read my posts. I told you this already.

1 minute ago, Romenthegreat said:

If you refer to @Taryn's posts, I'm sure she can explain to you better than I can considering she's an ex-Lore Master. 

8 minutes ago, Taryn said:

That post was sept 2017, before i was a LM and before the infection lore was written... 

To put it bluntly, if you have played being attacked and bit by an infected, you should have also Rped:

• Being sick for 24/48 hours with sever flue like symptoms including Nausea, vommitting, diarrhea, loss of balance, extreme headaches
  • Not turning, and feeling much better after 2 days, along with a neat new healing wound which eventually becomes a neato scar
  • Are now a carrier (Since you're not immune) which means you can infect others with something as simple as kissing/sharing a water bottle.

so if we dont want to be infected but someone some do with out perm can we report them and get them banned for it?

Just now, Romenthegreat said:

so if we dont want to be infected but someone some do with out perm can we report them and get them banned for it?

No. Come to TS and i will explain.

1 minute ago, Romenthegreat said:

No. Would you like to join us in the Help Desk so that we can better explain?

18 minutes ago, Taryn said:

Or if you have, perhaps you'll think twice about fucking that hot chick/dude you just met IC for fear of infecting them.

THIS made me laugh XD I can imagine someone would do this if it was real life and world gone  to...shit.

This made my daayyyy XD

Edited by Paradox

Great, @Genji, I knew Fae would give Sal an STD.

2 hours ago, Taryn said:

Bumped for minor update. 

Adding the fact that there is no such thing as immunity as revealed in This Post on the radio forum.

But what about those who got with other lore masters like Major and got clearance to have their characters immune to the infection?

Just now, TiviylScratch said:

But what about those who got with other lore masters like Major and got clearance to have their characters immune to the infection?

When would this have been? Prior to January 2018?

36 minutes ago, Dakotaen said:

Great, @Genji, I knew Fae would give Sal an STD.

SHHHHH

6 minutes ago, Taryn said:

When would this have been? Prior to January 2018?

No some of these characters and changes to said characters came out during January or a just a few days before hand.

Edited by TiviylScratch

2 minutes ago, TiviylScratch said:

No some of these characters and changes to said characters came out during January or a just a few days before hand.

Well i spoke to @Major about these lore releases long before they were made public knowledge and got his go-ahead to do so. Anyone who before called themselves Immune was basically using the wrong terminology because they didn't know they were still carrying the virus. So saying "I'm immune" isn't wrong... it's just the wrong terminology now.  As of now, no one is immune. You may play thinking you are immune, but being actually immune is against the current lore. 

You're either a carrier / carrier capable, or not, basically.

Just now, Taryn said:

Well i spoke to @Major about these lore releases long before they were made public knowledge and got his go-ahead to do so. As of now, no one is immune. You may play thinking you are immune, but being actually immune is against the current lore. 

You're either a carrier / carrier capable, or not, basically.

But if they came out so recently and got clearance by major to be immune why should their immunity become void?

1 minute ago, TiviylScratch said:

But if they came out so recently and got clearance by major to be immune why should their immunity become void?

It didn't come out recently. 

It's been this way since December but wasn't written out and defined because of IC reasons barring it. 

Basically VDC was created to be the vehicle for these changes.

I also told you about these changes OOC. We had a lengthy discussion about it before i even typed everything out... remember?

Just now, Taryn said:

It didn't come out recently. 

It's been this way since December but wasn't written out and defined because of IC reasons barring it. 

Basically VDC was created to be the vehicle for these changes.

I was talking about the characters.  They had gotten the  clearance to be immune long after VDC announcement came out.

I was talking about the characters.  They had gotten the  clearance to be immune long after VDC announcement came out.

Then Major must have made a mistake, or you misunderstood. There is no immunity.

Either that or the wrong term was used to describe their status. They're either carriers or haven't been exposed, if they aren't infected. 

No one is immune, is what Taryn is saying. Before hand, people may have thought others were immune, but they were incorrect. After researching the people such as the VDC and whatnot have discovered that everyone is not immune from this virus. 

You either have it, and it lays inside of you dormant or you are clean. 

Being clean means you can catch it. Once you get it, it's dormant forever inside of you.

Those are the only options.

Clean or dormant. 

That or dead. 

12 minutes ago, TiviylScratch said:

Because that's the lore and it's called power-gaming that's why.

2 minutes ago, Romenthegreat said:

so should @major be banned for power gaming?

If they decided to change the lore, if there was a miscommunication or mistake and you are in game role-playing that your character is immune then you are power-gaming the lore. It's that simple. Major having a miscommunication or making a mistake is not power-gaming.

Edited by Zero

15 minutes ago, TiviylScratch said:

In game, everyone believes their is immunity asides from Faith and the VDV members since it is official/classified information. Everyone is infected. But it's up to the player when or if they ever turn.

2 minutes ago, Romenthegreat said:

so should @major be banned for power gaming?

No, it's called adding a twist. This is the lore - it's not powergaming unless you take off someone's limb or purposely give them HIV without letting them make the decision to get it. It's up to you whether or not you become 'turned'.

2 minutes ago, Zero said:

If they decided to change the lore, if there was a miscommunication or mistake and you are in game role-playing that your character is immune then you are power-gaming the lore. It's that simple. Major having a miscommunication or making a mistake is not power-gaming.

You can roleplay being 'immune' as if your character believes it. However you're character in lore wise is not immune. It is unknown to a lot of people that they're actually not immune ? 

Just now, Mademoiselle said:

In game, everyone believes their is immunity asides from Faith and the VDC (Fixed for you) members since it is official/classified information. Everyone is infected. But it's up to the player when or if they ever turn.

It was released as public knowledge because Dr. Grieves (VDC) announced it on the radio.