Server time (UTC): 2019-12-10, 23:09 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Major

DayZRP Infection Lore: What is currently known

7 minutes ago, Saints said:

Won't the infected dehydrate though ? I mean they are practically human right?

Yes, eventually, if they obtain no moisture at all from any ingested flesh or other sources. However, as I told @CorbSlayer over Teamspeak, there has been a lapse in observed behaviors, or scenarios. @Faith is working on that. 

10 minutes ago, Taryn said:

Yes, eventually, if they obtain no moisture at all from any ingested flesh or other sources. However, as I told @CorbSlayer over Teamspeak, there has been a lapse in observed behaviors, or scenarios. @Faith is working on that. 

Mhm, currently near done 6 behaviour charts for male and female. Just need to write it up, Show loremasters and then post it if they’re happy with it.

Bumped for minor update. 

Adding the fact that there is no such thing as immunity as revealed in This Post on the radio forum.

5 minutes ago, Taryn said:

Bumped for minor update. 

Adding the fact that there is no such thing as immunity as revealed in This Post on the radio forum.

So the character I played on the event (the immune one) was a fraud? Such a shame, he truly believed he could be the answer to this crisis ? 

Just now, pijkaCZ said:

So the character I played on the event (the immune one) was a fraud? Such a shame, he truly believed he could be the answer to this crisis ? 

You can play believing you are immune. However, no one is actually immune. Sorry.

Just now, pijkaCZ said:

Technically, your character is allowed to believe that they're immune. But in reality, they're not.

Just now, Sleepyhead said:

Technically, your character is allowed to believe that they're immune. But in reality, they're not.

Just now, Taryn said:

You can play believing you are immune. However, no one is actually immune. Sorry.

Got it. I was just confused because the vent was organized by Major and explicitly said that the target (a.k.a me) was immune and whoever secured it could use him to develop a cure of some sorts. Well, the BPR shot me, so I guess the loose end is tied up on this one ^^ 

Just now, pijkaCZ said:

Got it. I was just confused because the vent was organized by Major and explicitly said that the target (a.k.a me) was immune and whoever secured it could use him to develop a cure of some sorts. Well, the BPR shot me, so I guess the loose end is tied up on this one ^^ 

I wasn't there but it may have been revealed ICly after the event that no one is immune. They could have just believed you were prior. As written in the OP:

Previously Rped symptoms, if not listed here, are no longer canon, but should not be directly mentioned to prevent confusion if at all possible. 

1 minute ago, pijkaCZ said:

That was before infection lore was researched and updated, IC.

The event look place to help introduce VDC, my lore group, who researched and determined the infection has no viable cure right this moment and there is no immunity.

image.png.30bf97848da292312a4c7a4a4e840bc3.png

I thnk this needs changing then D;

3 minutes ago, Genji said:

image.png.30bf97848da292312a4c7a4a4e840bc3.png

I thnk this needs changing then D;

Could you link me to this so it can be updated?

That's ooooold

1 minute ago, Taryn said:

Could you link me to this so it can be updated?

That's ooooold

https://www.dayzrp.com/lore/

is waaaaaaay at the bottom ❤️

Ah, NVM i found it.

Thanks @Genji for bringing that to my attention.

My second Character Solus Vector - She is a carrier. She's on Stage two but not went past that. owo. 

So that's good? right?

1 minute ago, Paradox said:

My second Character Solus Vector - She is a carrier. She's on Stage two but not went past that. owo. 

So that's good? right?

Stage 2 lasts only 24 to 48 hours after infection. After that it goes away.

Ahh so she won't be able to turn whats so ever :3 Okie~

1 minute ago, Paradox said:

Ahh so she won't be able to turn whats so ever :3 Okie~

No, she can still turn... you just don't see symptoms anymore after two days.

Basically she would get really sick, like a terrible flu. You would be throwing up, shitting and incapacitated for up to 48 hours. Then, you feel MUCH better. The virus is still there, but it's dormant until it's triggered by a suppressed immune system, adrenaline, or a fight or flight response. 

Ahh I get it. Sorta like Dead Rising - except there is no 'temporary' cure thing like in both game and movie (Dead Rising The Watch Tower) and it's in different way.

Okie ? thanks.

1 hour ago, Sleepyhead said:

so if we get attack by a infected icly we got to turn? We were told before that the immunity exist and now it been 180?

2 minutes ago, Romenthegreat said:

so if we get attack by a infected icly we got to turn? We were told before that the immunity exist and now it been 180?

In the lore, we used to believe that there was an immunity to the virus. Through IC means, we discovered that no one is actually immune. No, you do not have to turn if you don't wish to. The virus is more like a dormant infection inside of a person.

2 minutes ago, Romenthegreat said:

No, that's not what i said at all. 

If you get attacked by an infected, the chances of you becoming infected are pretty high, but that doesn't mean you're going to turn.

Infected =/= Turning

You aren't immune, you are dormantly infected, like an incubator.

It is still transmissible, and contagious. Someone who is a carrier can infect someone who isn't and make them sick with stage one and two... they could even progress to stages 3 and 4. 

The point of this is to make it fearful for you to make physical contact with others for fear of becoming infected if you haven't been exposed yet. 

Or if you have, perhaps you'll think twice about fucking that hot chick/dude you just met IC for fear of infecting them.

Just now, Sleepyhead said:

In the lore, we used to believe that there was an immunity to the virus. Through IC means, we discovered that no one is actually immune. No, you do not have to turn if you don't wish to. The virus is more like a dormant infection inside of a person.

We were told this ooc before too. that is what piss me off.

1 minute ago, Romenthegreat said:

I understand why you may be confused, but that was before it was discovered IC that you cannot be immune to the virus.

So no cure has been found yet. If one were to make a cure, how would it work exactly? Something that would "de-activate" the virus, essentially? Or something else?

1 minute ago, Romenthegreat said:

That post was sept 2017, before i was a LM and before the infection lore was written... 

1 hour ago, Sleepyhead said:

Previously Rped symptoms, if not listed here, are no longer canon, but should not be directly mentioned to prevent confusion if at all possible. 

To put it bluntly, if you have played being attacked and bit by an infected, you should have also Rped:

• Being sick for 24/48 hours with sever flue like symptoms including Nausea, vommitting, diarrhea, loss of balance, extreme headaches
  • Not turning, and feeling much better after 2 days, along with a neat new healing wound which eventually becomes a neato scar
  • Are now a carrier (Since you're not immune) which means you can infect others with something as simple as kissing/sharing a water bottle.