Server time (UTC): 2020-10-30, 19:35 HALLOWEEN SALE
Sign in to follow this  
juggsdayzrp

Finding food

First time i've played standalone in a while, obviously not much has changed in the last 2 years (I can tell that already) 

My first life back on the game and i died of hunger. Now i had ran through 4-5 different towns and went into almost every building and didn't find any food or water. Is this normal for everyone else?

Edited by juggsdayzrp

If you are desperate to find food , get an apple tree. But canned food shouldn't be that hard to find , check clothes and cars . 

it can be. Canned food, especially on the coast, became more scarce a few patches ago (at one point it was damn near impossible) On a fresh character, apple trees will be your friend. Hunting and fishing is also a great source of food.

As for water, nearly every city,  town and village has a well.

I normally find most of my food in clothing, either inside cars or in building. I normally go to loot around and end up with 10 cans of food from one town and bring it back to my guys.

Sodas are pretty common as well. Same as food, found inside clothing or even on zombies.

Just gotta find the right buildings and honestly the right towns. Most spawn towns rarely have items at all. Go more north and you'll find an abundance of everything.

Yes, i had this exact problem too. i did hear that zombies would drop can of food quite often but not sure if this is true. and its quite risk

Always check clothes that are on the ground and as others have said apple's are your friend. Check some of the smaller towns that people might not have checked. Head inland.

Loot on the coast is shit, I always eat some apples and then run in land. Then you can find food more commonly,

Friends taught me survival before I started playing. He taught 2 others. Both died within 10 min. My first attempt I lived longer than an hour. Mwhahahaha

* Apple trees, look for apple trees. They will save your butt every time. thin tree with a Y shape, has red dots. Apples will fill both food and water when typically hungry.

AppleTree_3a.jpg?version=09df1ebf3259e7ea21797a5d46c2904e

* berry bushes- apple trees over these, they take forever to get much nourishment from, but its better than nothing

greenberrybushblueberries.jpg

* Dean Hall Zombie

This guy drops a kiwi!

pkg06A1.jpg

Some zombies drop food, but for the most part, keep an eye out for apple trees and bushes. Improvised fishing can also be really helpful.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, RogueSolace said:

Friends taught me survival before I started playing. He taught 2 others. Both died within 10 min. My first attempt I lived longer than an hour. Mwhahahaha

* Apple trees, look for apple trees. They will save your butt every time. thin tree with a Y shape, has red dots. Apples will fill both food and water when typically hungry.

AppleTree_3a.jpg?version=09df1ebf3259e7ea21797a5d46c2904e

* berry bushes- apple trees over these, they take forever to get much nourishment from, but its better than nothing

greenberrybushblueberries.jpg

* Dean Hall Zombie

This guy drops a kiwi!

pkg06A1.jpg

Some zombies drop food, but for the most part, keep an eye out for apple trees and bushes. Improvised fishing can also be really helpful.

Good luck!

Thanks alot guys! Helped alot!

Apples are probley your best friend 

As everyone else stated, clothes seem to have food in them more often than just the floor. 
While it is still possible to find cans of food just laying around, most of the time its just dry food like Rice.

Just search every piece of clothing you come across, and search every zombie you kill. Just stand on their feet and open your inventory, they mostly spawn things like tuna and sardines. 

I would recommend getting a stick, some rope, a knife, and some bones from any sort of animal. Ill let you experiment to know how to fish if you havent done it already.
But if youd like some in-character help just let me know, id be down to hang out  with you for a bit and teach you some stuff.

When I do a new spawn, I typically run for the nearest town and from there I look for them sweet, sweet apple trees. Those trees will help you out so much. Eat until you're yellow STUFFED as a status and then go looking for clothing/weapons. I don't typically leave the town until I have enough room to store more apples on myself or canned food I've found. Once ya do that, you can traverse anywhere! 

I hope everyone's helpful suggestions here make it so you live a little bit longer out there, :P.

Once persistence is on a routine cycle of being cleared monthly, loot on the coast should improve, Hell loot EVERYWHERE will improve. 

Hospitals are a good place to find food, usually a can of tuna can be found in the medical clothing. But your first and foremost should be apple trees. Get yourself out of the hungry status at least. Move inland. Inland is where it's at! Check every item of clothing. Most, if not all the food I find is inside clothing. Get yourself an improvised stone knife too, get them cans opened with little to no loss. Hunt some chickens (can punch them easily) Use the feathers to make improvised arrows, and the bones to make bone arrows (hit harder, very good against larger animals and players) The bow is an excellent weapon (that long stick is so damned versatile) Takes a bit to get used to it, but once you have it down... I just love the bow and arrows, and the ammo is EVERYWHERE!!!! Even a simple sharpened stick (most primitive arrow type ammo) will one shot a zombie silently. If you miss you can pick up the ammo (if you can find it again, and it's not ruined) 

You can use the long stick as a melee weapon, turn it into a fishing pole (craft a hook from small animal bone), cook food on it, make a bow, break it into thirds and you have kindling for a fire.... Getting a long stick is one of the first and best things you can do. 

Aypples and ba nay nays :3

idk i have autism

Edited by Keira

5 minutes ago, Keira said:

idk i have autism

+1 

Edited by King Harvey

If you find teddy bears, there is usually an orange, apple or something in those.