Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 16:54
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wulf_jon

Suspicious Steam Account

Guest Wulf_jon

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): Your Steam account is blacklisted for the following reason: 
Suspicious steam account. Please make a ban appeal in the forum - Wulf_jon

Why the verdict is not fair: This verdict wasn't fair because I use my steam account on a regular basis for playing DayZ and GTA 5 with friends, that is all. Not really sure as to why it was deemed suspicious :(

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:  I was really looking forward to experiencing and learning more from those who are willing to teach. 

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: I would like the individual reviewing this appeal to be so kind and realize that I am a real person with good intentions, and would really like to begin my journey in the role playing world.

What could you have done better?:  Not entirely sure as to what I should be doing different here as I took the test, provided my character story, and more :)

You mentioned to us that you've played GTA V for years, yet your Steam account has 15.x hours on the game. That makes us think about the math and how it doesn't line up. Link us any other Steam accounts you have access to.

Guest Wulf_jon

Hey there Oliv,

Hope you had a lovely holiday! Firstly, I'd like to express my gratitude for your quick reply regarding this case. Forgive me for the back and forth, but I'd like to kindly clarify the fact that my response do not include that I've played GTA on steam for years. If you look at the image below it states "I use my steam account on a regular basis for playing DayZ and GTA 5 with friends". 

5a42533837ec2_ScreenShot2017-12-26at7_46_30AM.thumb.png.77bc1448a173866b1a9017343aa8b96e.png

I really do hope that we can alleviate this minor confusion as I am really just looking to join this community and thrive with those who are already involved and dedicated to DayZRP. Please look into this further as there is only one Steam account that I use and has already been provided with all the details needed to verify that my account isn't suspicious. 

The fact that you've already seen my gameplay hours on DayZ and GTA 5 should indicate that I am just your ordinary Steam player that is interested in encompassing myself in a great community with folks like yourself. I've connected with Oisin on this matter and while I was advised to place a repeal on this case, I could sense and feel appreciated by their passion for security. This is definitely something I do not take lightly, so thanks for having strict rules and making the application process an intense one :) 

Again, I do hope we can get this figured out, and I look forward to hearing from you Oliv!

Cheers,

Hello Wulf,

In your whitelist application you typed up an about me and in that section, you mention this below:

I do enjoy role playing because it takes your playing experience to a completely differently level for the better. I've spent several years playing GTA 5 in a role playing setting and it was great. 

Now as you can see you did, in fact, say you played GTA V for several years. You even went into detail of what you did on GTA V including your duties as a cop and so on. Yet when we look at your steam profile we see you only have 15 hours in this game. So we ask you to explain or simply link us to your other steam account that adds up to several years of play time.

Guest Wulf_jon

Hello there Aiko,

I appreciate you pointing this out to me as I seemed to have accidentally missed that I mentioned this information. To hopefully clear up this confusion, I should have mentioned that I played GTA 5 on a console system (PS4 and XBOX). This data is long gone since I've transferred over into a PC. I'm not sure what other kind of information I can provide at this point to help. 

Maybe that may help lighten the weight here :)

Thanks,

Hello @Wulf_jon

We have reviewed your appeal and have come to the following conclusion.

While reviewing your whitelist you stated that you have years of experience playing Rping on GTA:5 However when we saw your steam account you only had 15 hours in GTA. This is what made us think that you might have had a second steam account that could for all we know harbor a vac ban or any other ban. We hope you understand why we are so cautious.

We have had plenty of bad experiences in the past that forces us to keep a level of caution when it comes to new players. However, after some searching we were unable to find anything that would dictate you to remain banned, as such we will remove your blacklist. Thank you for taking the time to help ease our suspicions.

We have also reviewed your whitelist again and have accepted it. Congratulations and welcome to the community.

Appeal accepted, Blacklist removed, Whitelist accepted.