Server time (UTC): 2020-10-21, 21:09
Sign in to follow this  
Cid

To Michal [89.5Hz]

*Becky sprawls out across the floor, waking up from a rather restless sleep.  She fumbles around with the radio next to her, managing to grab hold and bring it to her mouth to speak.*

"Michal.  Dickbag.  Do you even monitor this frequency anymore?  You ever find those supplies that you were looking for or was that a bust?"

*She would let go of the PTT, lowering her arm back down to the floor.  She let out a groan as she sat up and a sharp pain shot through her back.  After slowly getting up, she dragged her feet to the nearest seat to sit down and wait for a reply.*

*Michal would be at his old family home in Orlovets, in the bedroom of his father, sitting down on an old wooden chair next to an ill-framed, rotting wooden bed. In the bed lies a man gaunt enough to look in his 70s, though his actual age was closer to the 50s, Michal was not certain of his actual age, his father had never told him such things. There would be surprising tenderness in his voice as he speaks to the old man, offering him a sup of fresh water and some well heated rations of what supplies he had left. The old man begins to doze as the transmission breaks through his radio, and Michal quickly muffles it under his coat, listening as he heads out of the room to avoid disturbing his father.*

"Dobry den eh... Becky, ano? It is good to hear that you are still breathe."

*Michal lowers his voice as he hears the old man groan loudly.*

"I find the supply I need, ano, why are you contact me?"

*Releases the transmission key and sets his radio down outside the bedroom door, then returns to his father's room to clean out his dirty plate and glass.*

*Hearing his reply, Becky would quickly duck into the nearest shed, the door creaking loudly as she swung the metal doors open and close.  Becky rested her spear up against the wall, reaching down and unhooking the radio from her belt loop.  Her voice was a bit more cheery and certainly more awake in her response.*

"Wanted to see if you gotten what you needed.  I wanted to help before, but didn't realize how tired I was from my run.  Well, also before you nearly blew my head clean off. Speaking if which why in the actual fuck did you think that was going to be a more than stellar approach to trying to scare me into using a gun?  I'm curious."

*Letting go of the PTT, she scoffed.  She attached the radio back to her belt loops, took hold of the spear, and charged out of the shed.* 

*Michal's reply would come a few minutes later, having locked the door to his father's bedroom, then bolted and barred the front door. He sits himself down into a well-worn, cushioned chair, though the cushion may as well have been the wood of the chair. Michal would continue speaking quietly, a hint of disinterest in his voice.*

"Stellar? This word is uh... not in my language. You take the weapon?"

*Releases the transmission key and lays his radio on the small tea table next to him, then rubs his eyes tiredly, having nought else to do for the day.*

*Becky's response was almost immediate.  As she keyed down the PTT, you could hear the sound of a metal door swinging shut before she spoke.  Her voice was raised, ridden with irritation.*

"No, I didn't take the gun.  I told you, it's not my thing.  I don't do guns."

*She pauses, the button still pressed.  You hear her sigh, her voice much calmer afterwards.*

"Stellar means good.  Like, really good.  It was sarcasm, Michal.  I'm surprised you didn't hear the gun smash against the concrete behind you as you left.  I tossed the damn thing out the window.  So why the hell did you shoot?"

*Finally, she let go of the PTT.  Hooking the radio back to her belt loops, she muttered something under her breath before bounding out the door.*

*Michal replies shortly after she ends her transmission. His environment would be quiet, though if you listened carefully, you might hear the loud, rattly snores of his father in the background.*

"Maybe you are not as clever as I think if you do not know why I do the shooting. Do you have reason to call me or am I waste time speak with you?"

*Releases the transmission key.*

*Becky sat for a moment in the road after listening to his transmission.  She thought over what he said from the night before for a moment before unhooking the radio and replying to Michal.*

"I heard what you said the night before.  I know the gun shoots faster, but so many people have been conditioned to a world in which we HAVE to kill when it is just the opposite.  No one has ever had to kill someone.  I've been in plenty of situations where if I had a gun, I could have easily decided to try and fight back.  What happens then?  I live or the other person lives and humanity is down another person fighting an endless war against ourselves while our real enemy continues to drag their hungry and relentless feet?  If I end up dying anyways, then I die.  I failed.  At least I don't have to take another unnecessary life in the process."

*She stops for a moment, shaking a few thoughts out of her head before continuing on.*

"I'm not trying to convince you to stop using guns or anything like that.  They are a great protective tool against the draggers and... well, I suppose other people if you are into that kind of shit.  Guns are just a temptation to toss away our humanity in this world.  Some may be able to sit and use a gun simply against the draggers, but the longer you hold that thing the more tempted you are to take a life of someone who could be a friend.  Another soldier to take out the real enemy of this world.  People are so quick to take the easy route, but the easy route is the route in which you become a monster.  Self-defense or not.  If you think that's not worth your precious time, keep on with your 'ano' and I suppose our paths may never cross again.  If they do, just know that you have a friend."

*Her thumb slips off the PTT, and she begins to walk once more whilst hooking the radio back to her pants.*

*Michal replies in a terse voice, clearly something Becky had said had irritated him.*

"It is obvious that you have nobody if that is how you think. Try live in South Zagoria before this, nothing has changed except people now give each other the sickness. It is hard living out here, something you privileged westerners do not understand. Take the bleeding heart shit somewhere else, I have ne time for it."

*Michal drops his radio into his pouch and stands up. He quickly makes ready to leave the house, then unbolts the door and moves out onto the road, leaving the door clatter shut behind him. A brief glance to his left, then his right, then he moves forward into the trees, down towards the southern coast.*

Edited by Elmo

*She continued to speak, the irritation returning in her voice.  She pressed her thumb hard against the PTT to respond.*

"Nobody?  I've had nobody?  News flash, bub.  We all have someone.  My family is all the way back across the ocean and I have no way to contact them and I have to go t'ah sleep every damn night hoping that they a'ah still alive.  I'll likely never get back t'ah them.  Nobody my fucking ass.  Think I don't understand how hard life is because I'm a western'ah?  Life is hard across the sea as well.  You can't just cross int'ah America and everything is suddenly all sunshine and rainbows.  Is that what you were taught?  That western'ahs have it easy?  We might have tools t'ah make things easier, but that doesn't just make life easy.  We still have t'ah work, and scratch, and claw for everything that we earn.  Just the same as you, bub.  Talk about my bleeding heart?  Don't pull that western'ah shit on me."

*She paused to take a breath before continuing her rant.*

"I refuse t'ah believe that this country before all of this was so fucked, that you had to do remotely close to the shit that I've seen and heard of since the draggers shown.  It's all a choice.  It will always be a choice.  Not a lifestyle."

*She let go of the transmission key, rolling her eyes at Michal, despite the fact he was likely miles away.*

*There would be an audible wind whipping sound as Michal presses down the transmission key. Leaves rustle above his head, the grass rustles below his feet and several low, haughty moans from infected could be heard as he begins to speak.*

"Believe what you want, I tell you the fact. I ne choose to be born here, you ne choose to be born American, this is how it is. Difference is I know that these things have to be done because of where I am bring up. It is hard living, life is ne easy and we must do nasty things to keep move forward. Judge if you want, sit on that eh... deluded high horse... it won't change anything."

*She quickly responds, the wind blowing quite fierce behind her voice.*

"I believe I just said that life wasn't easy.  Perhaps you should take a step away from the draggers to hear it, or perhaps the only one who is deluded here is you.  Keep convincing yourself you have to do what you must, despite it being what you want.  The nastiest thing that I've had to do is take from someone's house, but everyone has to do that to check for supplies.  I've been in the eastern part of the world this entire time.  What makes this country so different?  I don't think it's anything.  Perhaps the people here just want to believe they are doing what they have to.  Time and hardships have changed a lot for the worse."

*Becky let go of the PTT, swirling the radio in her hand before reattaching it to her belt loops.*

Edited by Cid
words

*Michal transmits again, this time there would be no wind, only the quiet rustling of the forest around him.*

"I can't change how you think, there is ne point in talking of this. You are wrong, you do not understand me or my people, so do not presume to look down on us for who we are. Keep yourself safe, if you find yourself in need of assistance eh... you know how to get me. Na shledanou Becky."

Sign in to follow this