Server time: 2018-07-19, 07:41 WE ARE RECRUITING

dawsonpark

MS-13 [Open Recruitment]

5 minutes ago, Brady said:

This was an old group pre lore wipe, which in my opinion was more of a meme. I hope that you guys take this one seriously I feel like it could be good. Good luck!

The group has been around since 2012 :) its always been me and my friends way of changing things up and experimenting. Thanks to @Wungus Bill @Bubblegum we are able to make it a more formal group and we get to take things more seriously.  

24 minutes ago, Brady said:

This was an old group pre lore wipe, which in my opinion was more of a meme. I hope that you guys take this one seriously I feel like it could be good. Good luck!

I can't speak for its earliest iterations as I obviously wasn't here for them, but yeah I agree that the more recent iterations have absolutely been memes. That being said, the whole purpose of us talking about this at length for a good amount of time and making a group page with a lot of work put into it is because me and @Wungus Bill set the base ground rules to bringing this back. To take it serious and make it a real group for once that won't be remembered as a meme group. 

I can guarantee you, I would not have put as much stock into this, done as much writing for it as I have, or gone through the effort to make a new character and organize a whole lot of stuff for this if I knew it would devolve into a meme again.

This group will maintain a serious demeanor, promise. Don't think any parties involved want it to sink down to a meme again. Thanks for the well wishes though!

Good job, Guys. I'll let you know what's going on in a little bit.

Feedback so far:

Gorgeous graphics. Backstory looks good, and your goals are decent. 

Questionability of Takistan has already been answered for me. 

We'll see how it goes over the next few days. I'd love to see some more good feedback from others in the meanwhile.

Love the look of this! 

Good luck lads ^_^

IRL these guys are nothing but fucking scumbags that should be put to the sword for all the shit they've done to innocent people, and glorifying them in a game is just wrong IMO. I would take a fucking flamethrower to this shit if I could.

Hope you guys have fun playing them though, threads also clean!

Looks good like the rp that you have given so far 

43 minutes ago, Commissar said:

IRL these guys are nothing but fucking scumbags that should be put to the sword for all the shit they've done to innocent people, and glorifying them in a game is just wrong IMO. I would take a fucking flamethrower to this shit if I could.

I think that playing them as a hostile group that isn't meant to be loved by the masses in any means and likely to be hated by most is basically the opposite of glorifying them. 

But thanks for the feedback :^)

Good luck friendos

May the yeet be strong, glgl.

2 hours ago, Commissar said:

While I don't disagree I would argue you can say this about most hostile groups. We've had radical Islamists, nazis, communists, bloods, crips, white supremacists, etc. Just because you play the character doesn't mean you idolize the people. 

7 minutes ago, Wungus Bill said:

While I don't disagree I would argue you can say this about most hostile groups. We've had radical Islamists, nazis, communists, bloods, crips, white supremacists, etc. Just because you play the character doesn't mean you idolize the people. 

To add on to this, it's not like we're a hero group? We're legitimately playing these guys as scumbags. Likeable scumbags to some, sure, but scumbags nonetheless. Our main goals include making people fear us, making a drug lab, and hosting luchadore fights. Hardly model citizens.

I wanted to make a gang since forever, never thought it was possible. I hope you guys show us what you can do.

8 minutes ago, JimRP said:

I wanted to make a gang since forever, never thought it was possible. I hope you guys show us what you can do.

Damn, Jim you got clout through the roof.

A couple of questions:

Would me speaking in actual Spanish give you any trouble ingame, or should all communication in Spanish be handled through make pretend *Talks in spanish* text chat? It would add a quota of immersion if some members can handle Spanish, that's all I'm saying.

Also, why would a Hispanic criminal gang want to set up a "luchadores" circle? Don't you think it's a bit overly-stereotypical? For me it makes as much sense as US Marines having among their IC objectives to set a minor baseball league in Chernarus, but maybe I'm biased because I'm from Hispanic America... even though "lucha libre" is not popular in my country. I understand it would, at the very least, justify the all-too-common fistfights that happen whenever people get bored of their RP but... do we need an excuse to have more of those?

1 hour ago, MatthewFC said:

A couple of questions:

Would me speaking in actual Spanish give you any trouble ingame, or should all communication in Spanish be handled through make pretend *Talks in spanish* text chat? It would add a quota of immersion if some members can handle Spanish, that's all I'm saying.

Also, why would a Hispanic criminal gang want to set up a "luchadores" circle? Don't you think it's a bit overly-stereotypical? For me it makes as much sense as US Marines having among their IC objectives to set a minor baseball league in Chernarus, but maybe I'm biased because I'm from Hispanic America... even though "lucha libre" is not popular in my country. I understand it would, at the very least, justify the all-too-common fistfights that happen whenever people get bored of their RP but... do we need an excuse to have more of those?

Thanks for the feedback.

No, it would not give all of us trouble. Some of us are of Hispanic decent, others of us have taken a few years of Spanish, but some of us are clueless on it. I'd say this criticism is founded in logic, but there's countless Chernarussian and Russian groups that have existed and have gotten by just fine without knowing anything beyond 'Ano' and 'Privyet' and 'da'. I think we'll manage fine on that front, but it's a case by case thing. Some people can hold a convo, others will get the gist of whats being said, a few won't know anything.

Honestly, the Luchadore ring is just to break the monotony and staleness of the concept of boxing rings or basic fistfights as you've said. We're planning on making it a far grander occasion, running actual events with it, and planning a few extra goodies to go along with it. While due to game limitations it will operate semi-the same as a boxing match, we've got some creative licence here as it is an RP server. I think we could make something pretty good out of it.

If you have any further concerns, please feel free to leave them here, PM me or hop into TS.

41 minutes ago, Bubblegum said:

No, it would not give all of us trouble. Some of us are of Hispanic decent, others of us have taken a few years of Spanish, but some of us are clueless on it. I'd say this criticism is founded in logic, but there's countless Chernarussian and Russian groups that have existed and have gotten by just fine without knowing anything beyond 'Ano' and 'Privyet' and 'da'. I think we'll manage fine on that front, but it's a case by case thing. Some people can hold a convo, others will get the gist of whats being said, a few won't know anything.

No problem. My question was not meant as criticism but it was more about preventing the awkward stoppage of RP that I or anyone else would have made everyone involved experience if they suddenly attempted to talk to you in Spanish when (and if) no one in the group actually spoke it. I totally get that many "foreign language" groups were and are created with little to no problem made over their almost complete lack of knowledge of the actual language, but that's why it's better to know whether you actually know the language or not in advance, more so when speaking about a rather common language in this hemisphere such as Spanish.

41 minutes ago, Bubblegum said:

Honestly, the Luchadore ring is just to break the monotony and staleness of the concept of boxing rings or basic fistfights as you've said. We're planning on making it a far grander occasion, running actual events with it, and planning a few extra goodies to go along with it. While due to game limitations it will operate semi-the same as a boxing match, we've got some creative licence here as it is an RP server. I think we could make something pretty good out of it.

Fair enough. My main worry is that I usually consider random fistfights as a sign that RP on a certain area and/or at a certain time is crumbling away and people are just having mindless fun. If you keep true to your word and make these fights as occasional mini-events with actual flair behind them instead of randomly triggered fistfights between members or challenging strangers, I do think you might be able to do something special out of it.

Edited by MatthewFC
better wording

Alright, fellas I just read through your entire thread and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. For the most part, your lore is very nice but I do find some things that you might want to change or just clarify: 

• There's a couple instances where you don't capitalize the word Chernaurus.
  • Why would a western PMC buy guns from a gang? Most PMCs, especially western ones, buy their guns legally. 
  • Takistan is a pretty rough place considering it's a military state and there are roaming warlords. Perhaps add some parts about skirmishes between MS-13 and the Takistanis or at least provide some context about why the Takistani govt haven't sought out your group yet. 
  • Why would this PMC even want to take out MS-13? Provide some info on who might've hired them to complete this job. 

Other than that this looks really good. 

14 minutes ago, PCJames said:

Why would a western PMC buy guns from a gang? Most PMCs, especially western ones, buy their guns legally.

We weren't selling guns we were buying them.

"She assured him that if he could "Get the shipment without paying" it would be not only be ideal, but it would be a far more lucrative pay day for all parties involved."

Also they didn't try to take us out we betrayed them in the deal which resulted in the gun fight.

Edited by Wungus Bill

20 minutes ago, PCJames said:

Alright, fellas I just read through your entire thread and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. For the most part, your lore is very nice but I do find some things that you might want to change or just clarify: 

• Why would a western PMC buy guns from a gang? Most PMCs, especially western ones, buy their guns legally. 
  • Takistan is a pretty rough place considering it's a military state and there are roaming warlords. Perhaps add some parts about skirmishes between MS-13 and the Takistanis or at least provide some context about why the Takistani govt haven't sought out your group yet. 
  • Why would this PMC even want to take out MS-13? Provide some info on who might've hired them to complete this job. 

Thanks for all the feed back! as Bubblegum said, it was meant to say purchase instead of delivery, our bad.

I've gone ahead and fixed some typo's including the one you mentioned.

As for the PMC trying to kill us, they knew of our sort of nefarious way's and brought 3x as many men as a precaution and when we tried to take them out, they defended themselves.

Me and Bubblegum are going to work on adding explanations for the things you suggested. :)  

Edited by dawsonpark

1 hour ago, PCJames said:

Yeah so as the above fellas said

We'll definitely be going back tonight and combing for grammar and spelling errors

The PMC wasn't purchasing guns from us, sorry for the lack of clarity there, we were the ones buying from them. Will look over it again and edit it to make that point more clear. 

Will do, I was saying much the same earlier, will be sure to add onto it. 

As stated above they weren't trying to take us out, they simply figured that they couldn't trust MS-13 any longer and brought more men than they claimed to have just as a precaution to MS-13 trying to steal the shipment without paying. MS-13 tried to take them out anyways to get the guns for free, resulting in the death of most of their numbers that were brought along for the deal. 

Thanks for the feedback, we'll be sure to correct and clarify where needed! 

Saw and heard lots of good feedback. Please prove the naysayers wrong because personally, I believe in you!

5a3b52b6081dc_tenor(2).gif.6571c328eddce61575328811c7eec028.gif

/Approved Ese

Welp they're back again... we'll see how it goes, hope you guys have fun with it

The event was fun, more ppl showed up than I thought. Thanks for it.