Server time (UTC): 2019-11-12, 07:04
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

Return of SVR?

I would love to roll with SVR this time. Were friends IC with you guys even once. 

*Still actually silently waits for glorious CLF to return*

Edit: Also maybe then i have motivation to play this "masterpiece" of a game

Edited by DarkStyle

Im an uncultured swine when it comes to mod days, but it looks alright, as long as the lore fits.

Rolle said no to SVR, what about this...

569e5c113dacaace8af2297034c0637e.png

Edited by Karichii

No. 

Just now, Zero said:

No. 

Yes.

Just now, Randle said:

Yes.

You've won me over. Bring back Norsefire and SVR.

Just now, Zero said:

You've won me over. Bring back Norsefire and SVR.

CRA too.

I'd be so down to see a group like SVR back in the server again. We need another big bad running around in Chernarus. I'd probably bring back Reclaimers to fight you guys as that group only works if there are groups like Russian invaders to rally against. 

Just try it. Even if it can't be named SVR, something along the lines of it would suffice. 

We need a Russian FSB unit or GRU. Anything like that would be tight.

6 hours ago, Misty said:

@Rolle The rulepage, 13 chapters that contain 78 paragraphs of rule explanations are far from an invitation to come up with something original....

Nostalgia is a bitch, indeed. So are the dozens of add-ons and customisable features you can use to "personalize" your profile. This overkill of custom design options make all the member profiles look the same, just different kind of noise. 

The rulepage claims in the first sentence DayZRP is supposed to be targeting a mature audience. Don't shoot the messenger please, but the rules are mocking anything with a brain and some common sense. 

Sure there are fun things, like the creativity of story writers, text- roleplayers on the forums getting lost in their stories. That's awesome. Try to see the above as constructive feedback. Well, the whole point I wanted to make @Daniel is this: "I don't care if I get banned for NLR I want my M24!". Also you couldnt even share an SVD mag when you had like 5 and I had none. Greedy mofo this guy.

Omg Misty that was so long ago ...

17 hours ago, SweetJoe said:

IRA is fine mate.

@Jerry Aint it mate?

Guerrilla warfare at the minute,

Interesting thread, you guys were S-GRU v2 but you still pulled it off well, learned from the masters I suppose 9_9

Perhaps when the game isn't garbage we'll be having firefights like the old days.

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

Guerrilla warfare at the minute,

Interesting thread, you guys were S-GRU v2 but you still pulled it off well, learned from the masters I suppose 9_9

Perhaps when the game isn't garbage we'll be having firefights like the old days.

I plan on jumping back in when the beta releases :D And ill try to get the rest aswell...

I've missed you @Daniel , I'm glad to see this thread. All these old names popping up gets the nostalgia flowing. NRF was my first true group in the community and it was a blast, I was the executioner of Caprille ? 

Nah, don't do it. Trust me it just isn't worth it anymore. This isn't the same community that we played with. You can give it a go, but a shit game with a shit community can only be fun for as long as your sanity holds. It's tempting to give in to the nostalgia but it just won't be as good as it was back then.

Feel free to give it a go, I don't even play anymore so what do I know? Just a fair warning though, it won't be as good as nostalgia makes you think it will be.

Where you 2013 guys been hiding anyways? I stalk the forums pretty often and usually it's a bunch of 2015+ people.

@Daniel Hello my son <3. I would say we would bring back The Brotherhood too. But most of us are too busy being banned.

22 hours ago, Randle said:

CRA too.

CRA got trashed on the other servers though.

19 hours ago, Species said:

I've missed you @Daniel , I'm glad to see this thread. All these old names popping up gets the nostalgia flowing. NRF was my first true group in the community and it was a blast, I was the executioner of Caprille ? 

i missed u too m8!!!! Maybe one day we'll meet again on dayz <3

18 hours ago, Major Tom said:

Nah, don't do it. Trust me it just isn't worth it anymore. This isn't the same community that we played with. You can give it a go, but a shit game with a shit community can only be fun for as long as your sanity holds. It's tempting to give in to the nostalgia but it just won't be as good as it was back then.

Feel free to give it a go, I don't even play anymore so what do I know? Just a fair warning though, it won't be as good as nostalgia makes you think it will be.

Where you 2013 guys been hiding anyways? I stalk the forums pretty often and usually it's a bunch of 2015+ people.

we are all playing different games these days. Mostly pubg, arma3, myself eso much and stuff like this :D

Did someone say SVR

Edited by Septimus

THIS IS SVR! GET OUT OF YOUR WEAPONS AND DROP YOUR VEHICLES! 
FYI I'd love them to come back... While we are at it could we get RSM too? :D 

12 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

While we are at it could we get RSM too? :D 

Alas, I believe that's a ship that'll never dock again.

That said, I remember you lot and all your darnable inkarnations, and while I don't play often anylonger, it'd be fun to see what trouble you could get yourselves into this time around. Who knows, you may even get away with it!

Edited by Mikasa

Dont, svr wasn't that good back then and SA would ruin my fond nostalgia. 

Slightly off topic. But this whole SVR stuff has got me thinking. Maybe its.time for other groups from mod lore to come back for bants...

Grab your cowboy hats boys!

lawkeeper_zort70.jpg.1d060bc81d563bee16ae6bad84cb9001.jpg

On 24.12.2017 at 11:48 AM, The Traveler said:

Slightly off topic. But this whole SVR stuff has got me thinking. Maybe its.time for other groups from mod lore to come back for bants...

Grab your cowboy hats boys!

lawkeeper_zort70.jpg.1d060bc81d563bee16ae6bad84cb9001.jpg

4GuBJcD.png

I'll never forget the edgelords in TP going "Fuck S-GRU"

Edited by Bubbles