Jump to content
Server time: 2019-03-18, 14:28 WE ARE RECRUITING
YungNate

Make Stary Sobor Great Again [OPEN FREQ]

Recommended Posts

*A few short seconds of prolonged static suddenly bring the radio to life, Nathan turns a dial and adjusts his voice volume to the maximum level. Turning around, Nathan admires the work he's done to get this far, and plops himself back into his chair, kicking his feet up on his royal-wooden desk and laying back. Bringing the radio to his face, Nathan presses the PTT button whilst looking up at the ceiling of his now new mayor's office to transmit his political message*

"Evening, ladies and gentleman wandering the countryside of the wonderful country we now reside as guests in, I hope you've stayed safe thus far and if you're hearing this message, you probably have been so far. 

Now to cut to the chase, my name is Nathan Osbourne, I'm 19 years old, and I've been elected as the mayor of a settlement or "safe haven" as I've heard some refer to it in Stary Sobor. With that being said, I've been started gathering arrangements for the wonderful town we're establishing here. However, we're in need of more, and not just materialistic things either."

*Nathan begins to play with a pen on his desk whilst transmitting this frequency and loses his train of thought, regaining it swiftly afterwards.*

"....Sorry, got carried away... If you're a doctor, an electrician, an EMT, anything that might be useful to a society and you want to find a place to settle down, settle here. We've got a vastly-trained protection agency guarding the settlement, so you should feel pretty safe around here.

Listen, to keep our humanity, we have to maintain law and order, and this is how we'll do it.

I'll be in Stary Sobor, if you need me. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. I'll be here.

Let's make Stary Sobor great again, yeah?"

*The transmission ends as Nathan places the radio on his desk and swivels his feet around to the floor, getting up off the chair and walking out of the upstairs doorway and out into the glistening sun where his balcony lies. Leaning over the edge, Nathan pulls out a cigar and lights it, sending smoke into the sky above him..*

Share this post


Link to post

*Cotton narrows his eyes. After everything that's happened in the past week alone, he'd know better than to believe this at first word. He holds in the PTT.*
*In a raspy, sore voice, he quietly speaks.*
"... Surely y-you've heard of everything that's, uh, gone on with, uh, settlements and those trying to, well, settle them. What, uh, who's backing you? I've been to enough of th-these places to know that this, this-it isn't going to last unless you have some s-serious manpower."

*He lets go of the PTT, hoping to get some kind've reasonable answer.*

Share this post


Link to post

*Lelouch grabs his radio and begins to speak*

erm, mr mayor I guess? 

Are you still present and open for a meeting with some concerned  citizens of Chernarus?

*lelouch sighs and turns off his radio*

 

Edited by John Lazowski

Share this post


Link to post

*Helden would take the radio to his hands, as he strolled down the dirt road, and hold the button down, beginning his transmission. The first things you would hear, would be the calls of birds on the background, the heavy wind passing by, alongside the sounds of footsteps on grass and mud*

"We passed through Stary. Twice. Didn't see a camp, and there was no reception what-so-ever. I'm curious, as much as I am doubtful."

*He would catch on his breath for a second, holding still for a second*

"You see, I am a doctor, and I'm willing to help you build your own society of sorts, and I also know people that might want to help under their own terms, but that's for another conversation. Thing is, I didn't see a single living soul 'round town when we got there. You need to work that out."

*His feet started moving again, as he picked up the pace*

"If you wish to converse, I'm all ears. But if we set up a meeting, make sure to be there once we arrive."

*The transmission would cut, returning the frequency to pure static*

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Mass04 said:

*Cotton narrows his eyes. After everything that's happened in the past week alone, he'd know better than to believe this at first word. He holds in the PTT.*
*In a raspy, sore voice, he quietly speaks.*
"... Surely y-you've heard of everything that's, uh, gone on with, uh, settlements and those trying to, well, settle them. What, uh, who's backing you? I've been to enough of th-these places to know that this, this-it isn't going to last unless you have some s-serious manpower."

*He lets go of the PTT, hoping to get some kind've reasonable answer.*

*Nathan hears the transmission from a distance, and misses a portion of the beginning of his transmission, but walks back into his humble mansion and sits down in the chair, listening intently to the broadcast being sent to him.

Hearing the nervousness in the man's voice, Nathan grabs the radio and replies to him with extreme enthusiasm*

"I won't say exactly who's backing me, but, if you're curious enough, you'll come visit. We have the best of the best backing us up, so no one needs to worry. Come on, come here and see what we're all about. Put some trust in me for once, even if I'm someone you've never really met before."

5 hours ago, John Lazowski said:

*Lelouch grabs his radio and begins to speak*

erm, mr mayor I guess? 

Are you still present and open for a meeting with some concerned  citizens of Chernarus?

*lelouch sighs and turns off his radio*

 

*Turning around, Nathan kicks his feet back onto his desk once more and stares down the hallway. Listening to the transmission once more, Nathan turns, picks up a dart off his desk, and hurls it with his right hand at the dart board just above his office doorway.

Nathan pushes the PTT button down and replies.*

"Absolutely, set up a time and meeting with me and I'll be glad to discuss something with you as soon as we're both available."

5 hours ago, Rogério SkyLab said:

*Helden would take the radio to his hands, as he strolled down the dirt road, and hold the button down, beginning his transmission. The first things you would hear, would be the calls of birds on the background, the heavy wind passing by, alongside the sounds of footsteps on grass and mud*

"We passed through Stary. Twice. Didn't see a camp, and there was no reception what-so-ever. I'm curious, as much as I am doubtful."

*He would catch on his breath for a second, holding still for a second*

"You see, I am a doctor, and I'm willing to help you build your own society of sorts, and I also know people that might want to help under their own terms, but that's for another conversation. Thing is, I didn't see a single living soul 'round town when we got there. You need to work that out."

*His feet started moving again, as he picked up the pace*

"If you wish to converse, I'm all ears. But if we set up a meeting, make sure to be there once we arrive."

*The transmission would cut, returning the frequency to pure static*

*Nathan, unsatisfied with the previous dart toss, picks up another dart off the table and tosses it again, this time, it lands center-mass of the dart board. Nathan pumps his fist in succession and let's out a "YES!" loudly.

Nathan pushes the PTT button down and replies to the man.*

"Then do feel free to establish a meeting, I'll be glad to meet up with you and others to discuss a plan to enroll as a citizen in our wonderful settlement out here in central South Zagoria."

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Nathan Osbourne said:

"Then do feel free to establish a meeting, I'll be glad to meet up with you and others to discuss a plan to enroll as a citizen in our wonderful settlement out here in central South Zagoria."

"Now this will certainly be fun. You have any safer frequency so we can set some specific details of our meeting? I don't like to be THAT guy, but still, I gotta have some precautions if you don't mind"

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Rogério SkyLab said:

"Now this will certainly be fun. You have any safer frequency so we can set some specific details of our meeting? I don't like to be THAT guy, but still, I gotta have some precautions if you don't mind"

*Nathan's eyebrow raises at the message heard, and sits up. He pushes down the PTT button and replies.*

"Sure, but how am I supposed to get that to you over a public frequency? It's not like I can exactly tell you these things.. Tell you what, why don't you just head to Stary Sobor today in about.. ehhhh.. two hours? Give or take? We'll take there and I'll offer you an opportunity you legitimately cannot refuse."

*Nathan grins and sinks into his chair. Suddenly, someone bursts into the room and the door is flung open, this is heard audibly on the radio as Nathan begins to become slightly concerned as to the matter. Nathan lets go of the PTT button right before any dialogue between him and the unknown person are shared.*
 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Nathan Osbourne said:

"Sure, but how am I supposed to get that to you over a public frequency? It's not like I can exactly tell you these things.. Tell you what, why don't you just head to Stary Sobor today in about.. ehhhh.. two hours? Give or take? We'll take there and I'll offer you an opportunity you legitimately cannot refuse."

"Yeah, sure. I'm close by anyway. I'm just trying to make sure that nobody gets a bullet in some place they won't like it, just so I have to take it off later. I'm trusting you, just like I trust anyone else. Let's not make this opportunity go south. I'll be there, and I am not, trust me, it's because of a good reason."

Share this post


Link to post

*Kyle closes the door to a small abandon house, lays his Mosin against the wall and begins to light a fire. He then takes a radio to his hands after hearing the transmission*

*holds down PTT button and speaks*

"H-hello *static* is this damn thing even working *Pauses*. Ah hell, well if you can hear me Mr. Nathan, my name is Kyle, *static* but people call me Lucky. Right now I'm hunkered down in a house pretty close to Stary and Mr. *pauses* I am in need of medical assistance and ammo very bad... I want to know if you need any assistance. I am a good shot and am willing to work hard for your town. *pauses* But like I said sir, I need medical assistance and ammo. So how about we make a deal? I will give you all the help you need... *laughs* within' reason, and your fine people can help me out with a doctor and a bit of supplies?"

*Releases PTT button*

*Lays the radio against the radio against the wall and begins to stir the beans cooking over the fire whilst he eagerly waits for a response*

Edited by kylevaters

Share this post


Link to post

*Jimmy sits shivering in a generic, dank shack in the woods somewhere, the wind whistling through several holes in the cheap walls. He fumbles his matches at the sudden blare of noise from the nearby radio, startled, and tilts his head for a moment, his greasy mop of hair hanging to one side, and his pale face screwed up as he listens. With a snort, and a yellow toothed grin, he snatches up the handheld, and offers a wheezy chuckle before he speaks.*

''Pff, ahaha, you what?? nineteen and a  mayor? you sound about fuckin' twelve mate. Fuckin' kids.' he cackles some more, and continues. 'Makin' a settlement is yer? tell y'what lad. I'll be sure to bury what's left of yer, when the next pack o' crazies come through an' clean yer all out, how's that?'

*Sneering, Jimmy puts his radio back down, and goes back to work on his meagre fire, chuckling at his own ''wit'' all the while.

Edited by Buster

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, kylevaters said:

*Kyle closes the door to a small abandon house, lays his Mosin against the wall and begins to light a fire. He then takes a radio to his hands after hearing the transmission*

*holds down PTT button and speaks*

"H-hello *static* is this damn thing even working *Pauses*. Ah hell, well if you can hear me Mr. Nathan, my name is Kyle, *static* but people call me Lucky. Right now I'm hunkered down in a house pretty close to Stary and Mr. *pauses* I am in need of medical assistance and ammo very bad... I want to know if you need any assistance. I am a good shot and am willing to work hard for your town. *pauses* But like I said sir, I need medical assistance and ammo. So how about we make a deal? I will give you all the help you need... *laughs* within' reason, and your fine people can help me out with a doctor and a bit of supplies?"

*Releases PTT button*

*Lays the radio against the radio against the wall and begins to stir the beans cooking over the fire whilst he eagerly waits for a response*

*Rubbing his temples with both hands, Nathan slumps over his desk and listens to the transmission whilst being yelled at by an unknown voice in his own background. Getting up, Nathan grabs the radio and paces over to the paintings along the wall which cover the room decoratively. Putting both his hands on his left, Nathan continues to listen to the man whom is trying to come to a compromise with him. Realizing that he doesn't face much of a choice other than to make the compromise, Nathan sighs and brings the radio his mouth, pushing the PTT button.*

"Listen, I can do that for you, but there's no doctor around here. I DO.. know someone who might be able to help though. We had a doctor come through here earlier and my girl, Rachel, can help you. She seems to be a pretty big know-it-all, anyway. Head on over here and when I'm not asleep, we'll get you taken care of with a nice, hot shower and some medicine, and maybe.. a good meal if you're hungry."

*Nathan scans the wall with steady eyes as he ponders his next choice of words carefully.*

"Sound like a pretty good deal? Would be to me, head on over, buddy."

15 minutes ago, Buster said:

*Jimmy sits shivering in a generic, dank shack in the woods somewhere, the wind whistling through several holes in the cheap walls. He fumbles his matches at the sudden blare of noise from the nearby radio, startled, and tilts his head for a moment, his greasy mop of hair hanging to one side, and his pale face screwed up as he listens. With a snort, and a yellow toothed grin, he snatches up the handheld, and offers a wheezy chuckle before he speaks.*

''Pff, ahaha, you what?? nineteen and a  mayor? you sound about fuckin' twelve mate. Fuckin' kids.' he cackles some more, and continues. 'Makin' a settlement is yer? tell y'what lad. I'll be sure to bury what's left of yer, when the next pack o' crazies come through an' clean yer all out, how's that?'

*Sneering, Jimmy puts his radio back down, and goes back to work on his meagre fire, chuckling at his own ''wit'' all the while.

*Nathan walks outside of his mansion and sees his entourage lounging in the chairs. Nathan hooks the radio to his belt and looks around, noticing an awfully bright sun hanging overhead. He looks down and pulls his aviator shades out, placing them on his face. Suddenly, the transmission voices through and Nathan's expression of happiness resorts to a demeanor of sudden disappointment and slight anger.

Nathan grabs the radio once more off his belt and brings it to his face, and suddenly, he turns to his friends. Looking back down at his radio and intently listening whilst looking around, Nathan ponders the intention of the message.

Nearing the end of the received transmission, Nathan presses down on the PTT button harder than usual.*

"It's easy to talk like you're tough over a radio and remain anonymous. Yeah, I'm 19, and I'm the best damn mayor you've ever seen. Regardless, if you've got a problem, come take it up with me at Stary Sobor. We're just trying to provide safety for these people who have no where else to go. I can't seem to wrap my mind around how people are going to have a problem with that. You're suggesting I take your word for it but I'll, instead, take it with a grain of salt. I'll think we'll do just fine out here. Thanks for your pessimism, though. Just what we need."

*Nathan lets go of the PTT button and lays back in a folding chair out on his balcony, looking up into the blue skies of South Zagoria. Nathan turns, laughs, and continues looking up.*

Share this post


Link to post

*Scratches his head and takes out a picture of his wife, looking at her a small tear forms at his eye, he wipes it away while he listens to the man on the radio*

*Pushes PTT button*

"That sounds like a good deal to me. *pauses* I'll see you soon if the trip goes as planned. *static* Have a good night sir. Over"

*Releases PTT button*

*Kyle smiles and lays down next to the slowly dying fire and pulls a blanket over his torso, then mutters to himself "till tomorrow" as he dazes off falling to sleep*

Edited by kylevaters

Share this post


Link to post

*As Eden and her friends exchanged conversation around a fire, her radio would come to life, broadcasting a young mans voice. As his voice became more clear over the radio, everyone cut the chatter and she turned up her radio. As he continued talking, the group exchanged some laughs, mouthing the words "is he being serious"? As he finished his speech, she would hold down the PTT on her radio and respond.*

"That was quite the speech Mr.Man, but I do have to say.. you must really think your some god for coming up with the idea of being a MAYOR of one of the most high trafficked towns I can think of.  Do you honestly think people wanna hang around a very exposed town by some 19 year old wanna-be Donald Trump? You must be delusional.. or crazy. But I'am gonna go with crazy. Things like that don't happen anymore.. people do what they want."

*she would pull away from her radio to take a sip of water, you could hear laughter and the sound of a roaring fire in the background*

"I don't know if you were.. around.. when The UN tried to keep camps open, along with that cute Kovar family who attempted to provide a market for us. Those all got gunned down faster then a fat man can eat a big Mac. So how are you going to protect these people, who are all probably your fathers age, from the big bad guys who want us all dead? On top of that.. do you really think these people are going to trust a NINETEEN YEAR OLD to "run" a city? Good god.. the thought of a nineteen year old running my home town back in North Carolina makes me chuckle. 

*she released the PTT of her radio for a second to throw some more kindling on the fire, wrapping herself in a blanket and taking a seat back down on a stump*

"I'd wish you good luck on this whole major bull shit.. but I think that luck is needed somewhere else"

*She would release the PTT one last time, turning it down as the group began to conversate again.*

Edited by Anouk

Share this post


Link to post

Jimmy would simply raise an eyebrow at the teenager's broadcast and just kinda laughs a little, before picking up his radio and pressing the PTT.

"Uhhh...I am sorry but why do you think you are able to lead a town? You're 19 years old...that means you have not even been to college long enough to have a fucking an associates degree. You're way to young to be in charge of running a town, I mean have you ever even been in some kinda of leadership roll before? This isn't like some shit Tycoon game on a computer, this is real life."

He would let out a small sigh before speaking again.

"Look don't set up in some high traffic area, and don't tell everyone over the radio about where you and all your possible friends are going to be, I mean if anyone wants you dead they know JUST where to look now. Get the people you trust and make a safe house away from any populated area kid, learn to use your head."

He would release the PTT, and mumbles "Hope that kid takes my advice...he may be to stupid and prideful to do that though..."

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Coda852 said:

Jimmy would simply raise an eyebrow at the teenager's broadcast and just kinda laughs a little, before picking up his radio and pressing the PTT.

"Uhhh...I am sorry but why do you think you are able to lead a town? You're 19 years old...that means you have not even been to college long enough to have a fucking an associates degree. You're way to young to be in charge of running a town, I mean have you ever even been in some kinda of leadership roll before? This isn't like some shit Tycoon game on a computer, this is real life."

He would let out a small sigh before speaking again.

"Look don't set up in some high traffic area, and don't tell everyone over the radio about where you and all your possible friends are going to be, I mean if anyone wants you dead they know JUST where to look now. Get the people you trust and make a safe house away from any populated area kid, learn to use your head."

He would release the PTT, and mumbles "Hope that kid takes my advice...he may be to stupid and prideful to do that though..."

*Nathan raises up off the lawn chair laying out on his balcony, and listens to the man. Rolling his eyes, Nathan rubs the back of his head in deep thought as he listens to what the man has to say to him.

Bringing the radio to his mouth as the transmission ends, Nathan presses the PTT button and speaks into the radio.*

"Why don't you try giving me a chance? I think you're too quick to judge my ability as a politician, buddy. Listen, I really doubt there's anyone out there that wants me dead because I've made nothing but friends since we've been out here. I don't really have anything to fear, but I appreciate your deep concern in expressing pessimism in my abilities.

I'm sure we'd be willing to take even you in, if you'd just head this way."

*Nathan keeps holding the PTT down as he turns around and a female voice speaks up in the background, but is inaudible except for the sound of her voice.*

"Come on, let's move past all the pettyiness and just get on with this thing, alright? Gimme a chance, pal. You don't have to, I don't really give a shit, but hey, it'd be nice for you to."

*Nathan finally lets go of the PTT button as he walks back inside his home, and walks downstairs to a house full of people, many of which include high-ranking officials and other important entourage.*

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Nathan Osbourne said:

*Nathan raises up off the lawn chair laying out on his balcony, and listens to the man. Rolling his eyes, Nathan rubs the back of his head in deep thought as he listens to what the man has to say to him.

Bringing the radio to his mouth as the transmission ends, Nathan presses the PTT button and speaks into the radio.*

"Why don't you try giving me a chance? I think you're too quick to judge my ability as a politician, buddy. Listen, I really doubt there's anyone out there that wants me dead because I've made nothing but friends since we've been out here. I don't really have anything to fear, but I appreciate your deep concern in expressing pessimism in my abilities.

I'm sure we'd be willing to take even you in, if you'd just head this way."

*Nathan keeps holding the PTT down as he turns around and a female voice speaks up in the background, but is inaudible except for the sound of her voice.*

"Come on, let's move past all the pettyiness and just get on with this thing, alright? Gimme a chance, pal. You don't have to, I don't really give a shit, but hey, it'd be nice for you to."

*Nathan finally lets go of the PTT button as he walks back inside his home, and walks downstairs to a house full of people, many of which include high-ranking officials and other important entourage.*

He would rub his chin a bit at the teenager's words, frowning at how he is missing the point of what he is saying before responding again.

"You are actually kind of proving my point with your response...Look you are 19, so you haven't really been around long enough to get some good life experience under your belt I am guessing. You are not going to be a politician, you are going to have to pretty much be the Marshal in this safe heaven you are making, you are going to have to kill people, and you are also going to have to make choices that WILL piss people off. This is a world where if someone gets annoyed with you, they can just shoot you and declare war with you."

He would pause to gather his words for a bit, as the sound of laughter can be heard in the background and a conversation about food may be heard.

"Instead of calling anything against what you are doing pessimism, take it as advice and warnings, don't shoot down what everyone is saying. Give us evidence and a reason WHY I SHOULD RISK ME AND MY FRIENDS LIVES? You say you have guards but what does that mean? You have people who have picked up guns? Are they former CDF? What happens when winter comes? Are you going to have enough food and medical supplies? What happens if a large militant group comes and attacks the town, what laws are you introducing into the town? These are just a few questions that many are probably wondering.

I wish you the best of luck with this but...maybe you can change some of our minds about all this.

He would release the PTT, and simply just leaves the table on the old stone wall waiting for a response.

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Coda852 said:

He would rub his chin a bit at the teenager's words, frowning at how he is missing the point of what he is saying before responding again.

"You are actually kind of proving my point with your response...Look you are 19, so you haven't really been around long enough to get some good life experience under your belt I am guessing. You are not going to be a politician, you are going to have to pretty much be the Marshal in this safe heaven you are making, you are going to have to kill people, and you are also going to have to make choices that WILL piss people off. This is a world where if someone gets annoyed with you, they can just shoot you and declare war with you."

He would pause to gather his words for a bit, as the sound of laughter can be heard in the background and a conversation about food may be heard.

"Instead of calling anything against what you are doing pessimism, take it as advice and warnings, don't shoot down what everyone is saying. Give us evidence and a reason WHY I SHOULD RISK ME AND MY FRIENDS LIVES? You say you have guards but what does that mean? You have people who have picked up guns? Are they former CDF? What happens when winter comes? Are you going to have enough food and medical supplies? What happens if a large militant group comes and attacks the town, what laws are you introducing into the town? These are just a few questions that many are probably wondering.

I wish you the best of luck with this but...maybe you can change some of our minds about all this.

He would release the PTT, and simply just leaves the table on the old stone wall waiting for a response.

 

*Nathan sighs like a parent is telling him what he should do, and places his hands on his face, rubbing his palms up and down his face in agony.

Nathan pushes the PTT button down and speaks.*

"I got it, I got it, I got it allllll taken care of. You don't have to worry about any of that and neither does anyone else. I've got the responsibility of upholding all those duties, so, why worry about it? If you want to come, come, if you don't, then you don't have to. Either way, me, my friends, and the citizens that live here are content with the place we have, and thoroughly enjoy it. So, thanks for all that."

*Nathan releases the PTT button and goes outside, looking at Stary's church from his mansion..*

Share this post


Link to post

Belle listens to the latest message and her blood boils. She takes a deep breath and tries to calmly speak into her radio.

”Excuse me? I don’t have to come if I don’t want to? Tell that to the man with the red beret that told me I HAD to go to Stary today! Told me I HAD to live there! He was intent on forcing me to go! Do you hear me? FORCING ME!!!”

She releases the button, aware she’s lost her temper again. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Peg4YourBackpack said:

Belle listens to the latest message and her blood boils. She takes a deep breath and tries to calmly speak into her radio.

”Excuse me? I don’t have to come if I don’t want to? Tell that to the man with the red beret that told me I HAD to go to Stary today! Told me I HAD to live there! He was intent on forcing me to go! Do you hear me? FORCING ME!!!”

She releases the button, aware she’s lost her temper again. 

 

*Nathan, unsurprised by the angry woman yelling over the radio, pulls the radio away from him and widens his eyes at the level of volume the woman is speaking at.

Laying his SKS down across the grass, Nathan watches the citizens of Stary walk by and listens to the transmission. He responds swiftly as it ends.*

"Woah, woah, lady, relax. I have absolutely no idea who these "red beret" guys are, but whoever they are, they don't sound like they belong to us. Either way, though, I'd listen to them. Not to say you have to stay here once you get here, but people are fuckin' dangerous. Just be careful, we don't own those individuals and I dunno why they'd be doing that to people. I'll have security take a look around and make sure the premises outside, around, and the inside are clear of anyone doing that."

*Nathan releases the PTT button and lays back in the soft grass.*

Share this post


Link to post

*She would snicker as he completely ignored her response. She'd take her radio and press down the PTT*

"So.. are you just going to ignore my attempt to figure out how you're going to handle this? I'am all ears Mr.Man. I'd like to know how a 19-year-old will run a city?"

*she'd release the PTT of her radio, turning it down slightly. She'd set it down next to her." 

Share this post


Link to post

Her lips would curl into a smile as she was organizing the various tents in Stary; everything had its proper place and plenty of work was still needed for the camp. Looking to Nathan nearby, she'd give him a a different smile as she watched him for a moment with the residents and listening to their qualms as he usually did, settling their disputes and attempting to maintain the peace in the town. The chirping over the radio would catch her attention, the squealing and buzzing causing her to rub her brow in frustration before picking the radio up into her hands and pushing down the PTT button, 

"If you are so concerned, you can see it yourself. The mayor is a busy man and doesn't have the time to answer every beck and call of the radio. Offworld is quite pleased with the settlement Mr. Osbourne has set up and maintained in Stary. We will be continuing to offer him our support and assistance."

Releasing the PTT button and slipping it into her backpack before walking over to Nathan and giving his shoulder a small, confident squeeze.

Share this post


Link to post

*Eden would be stitching up a wound on her arm as the radio came to life, once again. This time, it was a females voice. She didn't pay too much attention to what she was saying, focusing all the attention on her wound. Picking out key words like "busy", "Dosent have time", "support". She snickers at the idea of him ignoring her but answering all other responses. She finished tending to her wound, and responded.*

"well.. It's a pleasure to meet you ma'am. I can understand he's a busy man.. but he completely skipped over my questions? Dosent he want a good reputation for that place? I know I wouldn't go somewhere where questions were left unanswered and concerns were looked over. I guess that's just me? Who knows."

*She'd pause for a second to place a bandage over the wound, setting the radio down beside her. The PTT would still be pushed down, and you could hear several voices in the background, but is not made clear of what they're saying. After several minutes of static, she pulls the radio back to her mouth.*

"I guess all the questions I have about this "sanctuary" Don't matter."

*she releases the PTT for good, tossing the radio aside, snickering and laying back in the grass.*

Edited by Anouk

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Peg4YourBackpack said:

Belle listens to the latest message and her blood boils. She takes a deep breath and tries to calmly speak into her radio.

”Excuse me? I don’t have to come if I don’t want to? Tell that to the man with the red beret that told me I HAD to go to Stary today! Told me I HAD to live there! He was intent on forcing me to go! Do you hear me? FORCING ME!!!”

She releases the button, aware she’s lost her temper again. 

 

*Kyle sat up a little straighter when he heard the woman begin to talk about the man with the red beret. Then pushes on the PTT button* 

"*heavy static* H-hey I know those guys you are talking about, but there is two of them. I ran into them yesterday. They had thick accents *Pauses and thinks* ... They sounded very Jamaican maybe or African. Hell I don't know where it was from, but it was strong. The two told us that he was looking for a woman named Belle or Bella something like that. He also said his name was Mango or Mongo. I had a few drinks in me by then so the names are a little shaky... but I do remember they were both wearing Red Beret's, One was wearing a black motorcycle Jacket and the other that he called captain was wearing a Tan Jacket. Also both were armed with AK's so be careful."

*Releases PTT, and mutters to himself "Hope that helped cause that's the last of that  damn battery" then plugs in a new battery and takes out the radio ear piece*

Edited by kylevaters

Share this post


Link to post
Quote
9 minutes ago, kylevaters said:

*Kyle sat up a little straighter when he heard the woman begin to talk about the man with the red beret. Then pushes on the PTT button* 

"*heavy static* H-hey I know those guys you are talking about, but there is two of them. I ran into them yesterday. They had thick accents *Pauses and thinks* ... They sounded very Jamaican maybe or African. Hell I don't know where it was from, but it was strong. The two told us that he was looking for a woman named Belle or Bella something like that. He also said his name was Mango or Mongo. I had a few drinks in me by then so the names are a little shaky... but I do remember they were both wearing Red Beret's, One was wearing a black motorcycle Jacket and the other that he called captain was wearing a Tan Jacket. Also both were armed with AK's so be careful."

*Releases PTT, and mutters to himself "Hope that helped cause that's the last of my damn battery" then takes out the radio ear piece, and starts poking at a small fire outside of his tent*

 

She hears the transmission and wonders if it's some trap, but decides to reply anyway.

"That's interesting....I told him my name was Pat when he tried to force me to Stary.  No clue who this Belle is....maybe she ran away too...or a case of mistaken identity."

She releases the talk button and wonders how it's possible for them to know her name when she had never met the man before, she was wearing entirely new clothing and gave him a fake name. Her mind is now made up that Stary is a bad place, full of bad people.

Share this post


Link to post

*He puts his ear piece back in as he hears muttering on the radio. After hearing the woman's voice he pushes the PTT button and replys*

"They must have attacked the girl Belle as well. *Pauses for a while and thinks of what to say* The people who harassed you seemed nice to me and the group I was with... I guess when you have seven people against two you'd also be pretty nice *laughs while static rips through the frequency*. B-but if I may ask, where exactly did all of this go down? If it was in Stary I doubt it would happen, the people there would have helped you. *pauses* If it is as safe as Mr. Osbourne proclaims"

*Releases PTT and wait's for a response*

Edited by kylevaters

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...