Server time: 2018-08-18, 18:02

Ryan Shepherd

Poll: Should an Arma 3 DayZ styled server be implemented?

Should an Arma 3 DayZ styled server be implemented?  

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Spartan said:

I love Arma but history has shown that side projects on DayZRP die quicker than Nazi Germany invaded Poland. 

Hey, fuck you buddy.,

42 minutes ago, Dewskeet Skeet said:

5mRmd_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=popke

What? The whole point of having an Arma 3 DayZ mod server would be for people who are bored of DayZ to play the Arma 3 server. What does DayZ FPP server have anything to do with this discussion at all other than it being free? If that was the argument you could argue why we don't have a Roblox server?

Why don't we have a roblox server? ;)

But no, no additional server, no side project. We don't have the numbers to do it and virtually all of our side projects as far as I'm aware don't survive longer than a month.

It's a no from me.

Edited by Lad

What a great meme. 

No, it never works out. 

15 minutes ago, Rolle said:

Hey, fuck you buddy.,

I know how you feel.. @Grimnir keeps saying how Italy switches sides. smh. 

I wish, Arma 3 is way better than Dayz

Welp, I'm just gonna throw in my two cents and give you my answer. 

Answer = No, we don't have a big enough server population as is and a side-project right now wouldn't even get a foot off the ground before crashing and burning. Maybe in the future, but I personally wouldn't play on that fictional server even if it did exist.

I'll never not help out with something like this, or not be in favour for it, but I don't think the interest is here for something like this, even with great mods, events, developers, and PR.

I voted no simply because it wont work.

Arma 2, now thats a game thats cheap for those that wanna give it a go.

Side projects always die. Arma 3 dayz is also awfully developed, and overall is just terrible. I havnt been around a lot recently, but the server pop on our normal servers seems a tad low. We need to work on that before releasing any side projects.

What the fuck is the problem with bringing back a Arma 3 server?

Your all act like its being hosted with your money and will have some huge negative effect on the community.

Lets just host the fucking server, if it fails, it fails. if it succeed then its good for the community. 

Whats the fucking issue?

I love Arma 3; always have. But whenever a thread such as this comes up it sparks nothing bu arguments about money and development teams. Until DayZ's servers are put down for good, people here will continue to play it. 

2 hours ago, Major said:

I'll never not help out with something like this, or not be in favour for it, but I don't think the interest is here for something like this, even with great mods, events, developers, and PR.

TxLclwU.png

I had to read this twice

6 hours ago, Henning said:

What the fuck is the problem with bringing back a Arma 3 server?

Your all act like its being hosted with your money and will have some huge negative effect on the community.

Lets just host the fucking server, if it fails, it fails. if it succeed then its good for the community. 

Whats the fucking issue?

Weve had 2 Arma 3 servers and 1Arma 2 server during the SA era of this community and they all failed due to low server pop.

Plus it is our money, our donations run the server and for @Rolle on a business level what is the point in him putting up more money for a server that will be hardly utilised? Thats bad business to invest in something that wont work.

Time to face facts, if SA doesnt get sorted and dies even more in popularity this community is over and @Rolle still has to deal with tax man. If you really want the community to survive then money needs to be ploughed in (again business wise why donate to a failing project) or at least inactive members need to get back in game and staff need to work on improvements to the overall community and server feeling (i suggest getting everyones opinions and not dismising opinions based on if liked or if a veteran member)

Arma 3 whould be a big change becose arma 3 is alot more simple to play and whould turn boring after a while

10 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Weve had 2 Arma 3 servers and 1Arma 2 server during the SA era of this community and they all failed due to low server pop.

Plus it is our money, our donations run the server and for @Rolle on a business level what is the point in him putting up more money for a server that will be hardly utilised? Thats bad business to invest in something that wont work.

Time to face facts, if SA doesnt get sorted and dies even more in popularity this community is over and @Rolle still has to deal with tax man. If you really want the community to survive then money needs to be ploughed in (again business wise why donate to a failing project) or at least inactive members need to get back in game and staff need to work on improvements to the overall community and server feeling (i suggest getting everyones opinions and not dismising opinions based on if liked or if a veteran member)

Last time I spoke to Rolle about hosting costs for DayZ standalone he said he could host 15 Standalone servers easy.

50 Slot SA Server: $75.95/Month

50 Slot Arma 3 Server: $25.00/month

BUT WAIT

If I remember correctly, Rolle still owns his own server box! meaning he could configure an arma 3 server FOR FREE! 

@Rolle

Edited by Henning

I think that most people here would not abandon DayZ SA as it is the main game for the community, seeing this server doesn't really fill up constantly i can't see having two servers atm is a good idea, it'll just thin them out even more.

However i think that there is room for Arma 2 Dayzrp mod. Allot of older members have some really good experiences from the mod, and may come back just to run around like they used to (and said members may consider using that get out of jail card rolle mentioned before, just to get back to mod) I know i would play the hell out of it. And on another note Arma 2 is dirt cheap, compared to arma 3.

18 minutes ago, Henning said:

Last time I spoke to Rolle about hosting costs for DayZ standalone he said he could host 15 Standalone servers easy.

50 Slot SA Server: $75.95/Month

50 Slot Arma 3 Server: $25.00/month

BUT WAIT

If I remember correctly, Rolle still owns his own server box! meaning he could configure an arma 3 server FOR FREE! 

@Rolle

I get it, id love to see a server like Arma 3 or Arma 2 but i cant see it being a success based on past experiences. 

Why put in the effort of recruiting developers and making a MOD when it will likely get 10-20 players at peak time (and thats being generous). Desolation could have worked but with no developers and no alpha build to test things the project was rushed and faults found. Add the fact it was Tanoa (a DLC many wouldnt pay out for) and that there was no lore ready and it was a complete failure.

24 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

I get it, id love to see a server like Arma 3 or Arma 2 but i cant see it being a success based on past experiences. 

Why put in the effort of recruiting developers and making a MOD when it will likely get 10-20 players at peak time (and thats being generous). Desolation could have worked but with no developers and no alpha build to test things the project was rushed and faults found. Add the fact it was Tanoa (a DLC many wouldnt pay out for) and that there was no lore ready and it was a complete failure.

Although you have a point, how about rather than paying devs to develop a DayZRP mod just get a simple Arma 3 server going with some mods enabled on it.

Plus I see you have been pushing for an Arma 2 Dayz mod server, I'd be cool with that but I just want an Arma 3 one a bit more lmao.

Edited by Dewskeet Skeet

33 minutes ago, Dewskeet Skeet said:

Although you have a point, how about rather than paying devs to develop a DayZRP mod just get a simple Arma 3 server going with some mods enabled on it.

Plus I see you have been pushing for an Arma 2 Dayz mod server, I'd be cool with that but I just want an Arma 3 one a bit more lmao.

Arma 3 is good because its newer, we could try something completly different by getting rid of zombies all together. Maybe make a server that is a civil war with 2 major lore factions that you can join which then puts players as the threat rather than poorly modded zombies.

Would be abit of a escape from tarkov vibe to gameplay.

If however we go down a zombie route (if agreed a arma 3 mod would be made) then id love to see a city map rather than a country to explore, tight streets and rooftops would make for a different type of gameplay and scenery that could make the project take off.

24 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Arma 3 is good because its newer, we could try something completly different by getting rid of zombies all together. Maybe make a server that is a civil war with 2 major lore factions that you can join which then puts players as the threat rather than poorly modded zombies.

If however we go down a zombie route (if agreed a arma 3 mod would be made) then id love to see a city map rather than a country to explore, tight streets and rooftops would make for a different type of gameplay and scenery that could make the project take off.

In all honesty, both of these ideas seem fucking amazing to me. I'd really like huge modern cities to explore instead of constant woodland. It'd definitely be a change that'd get me back involved properly.

47 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Yea that would be kinda cool, something new and I think people would enjoy that. 

Thoughts @Rolle ?

Edited by Dewskeet Skeet

On 6.11.2017 at 8:03 PM, Ryan Shepherd said:

Hello everyone.

We all loved the glory days of the mod, most say we can not create that experience again due to the current community, I beg to differ.

All we need is a successful & smooth mod to run on Arma 3 along with of course, an active community playing it. Desolation was a flop not the server here but the actual mod was a flop, it ran, looked and felt horrible which was the downfall here. There are other mods out there such as exile, if it were tweaked properly could give us that old feel of the mod days.

So this will be the poll that decides the fate of an A3 DayZRP mod.

I have spoken to Rolle and he has stated:

So here goes, everyone vote either Yes or no & lets see what happens.

i think there are not enough active players here which owned arma 3 so no for this

Edited by ChilliVanilli

Nope -1 because of one condition .

Experience shows that side projects here are not done properly... hell normal DayZRP is barely done properly some months. 

Unless we completely change over to Arma 3 once beta for SA is shown to be bullshit and crap, then I will never support this idea... 

Which is sad as , maybe if we'd moved over to arma 3 and made our own in house mod 12 months ago we wouldn't be in the declining mess we are in now :(

13 hours ago, The Traveler said:

Nope -1 because of one condition .

Experience shows that side projects here are not done properly... hell normal DayZRP is barely done properly some months. 

Unless we completely change over to Arma 3 once beta for SA is shown to be bullshit and crap, then I will never support this idea... 

Which is sad as , maybe if we'd moved over to arma 3 and made our own in house mod 12 months ago we wouldn't be in the declining mess we are in now :(

Yes, we understand that it has failed in the past, but we have explained why it's failed in the past already.