Server time: 2018-08-16, 09:59

MatthewFC

A rebuke to our behavior

4 minutes ago, Polat said:

stop saying 20 vs 3 .

its 20 vs 2 . 

i wasn't there and wasn't even on. 

Does it really matter though? 

I don't want to completely repeat Samaritan to be honest but I fully agree. Just separate IC and OOC. Also. It is just an IC thing. Handle it ICly and good is. And even when you get initiated on by 20 people. You can still have fun even when you're a hostage. ;) 

Just now, Polat said:

how can we defend our town and there is 20 pepole in it and were only just 2 ?

that rp made no sense for me  ill say like 5 maximum is fine but not like 20 .

i feel like they were playing  OOC for me.

Don't try to claim an entire area if you don't have the men needed to run and protect it. If you claim a town, it will get attacked, especially if you broadcast it publicly. It happens all the time.

1 minute ago, Lyca said:

Does it really matter though? 

I don't want to completely repeat Samaritan to be honest but I fully agree. Just separate IC and OOC. Also. It is just an IC thing. Handle it ICly and good is. And even when you get initiated on by 20 people. You can still have fun even when you're a hostage. ;) 

i wish i was there haha to see all that pepole. 

1 minute ago, Rainey said:

Don't try to claim an entire area if you don't have the men needed to run and protect it. If you claim a town, it will get attacked, especially if you broadcast it publicly. It happens all the time.

we was looking for more pepole to join us but we were new and didn't have much time. 

10 minutes ago, Polat said:

stop saying 20 vs 3 .

its 20 vs 2 . 

i wasn't there and wasn't even on. 

I have edit my post to reflect this as it seems so very important to you.

5 minutes ago, Polat said:

It is simple, you cannot defend yourself. You have to comply, you have no choice. There is a small group vs a large group which means you do what they say, live and work out how to get back at them IC should you so wish. You need to separate IC from OOC, it wasn't personal, they turned up on mass to see why another group had laid claim to an area. They were walking into an unknown situation therefore took a lot of people with them. I can see why you are questioning it, but it is what it is and it was all done IC.

3 minutes ago, Samaritan said:

I have edit my post to reflect this as it seems so very important to you.

It is simple, you cannot defend yourself. You have to comply, you have no choice. There is a small group vs a large group which means you do what they say, live and work out how to get back at them IC should you so wish. You need to separate IC from OOC, it wasn't personal, they turned up on mass to see why another group had laid claim to an area. They were walking into an unknown situation therefore took a lot of people with them. I can see why you are questioning it, but it is what it is and it was all done IC.

i know man i never think about OOC 

its all IC and my brother did comply all the time and people loved his RP.

37 minutes ago, Polat said:

Simple. Dont claim land until you have the numbers to defend. Or make alliances with other likeminded groups.

Edited by Voodoo

Here at DayZRP we go by the “fuck round get smoked” policy. Just change your groups intentions so you don’t come in conflict with them or get more people on your side. Anything after that is OOC shit that shouldn’t be involved.

I remember when I first joined the community I was at GM. I mouthed off to the redwater cartel and like 15 of them took me hostage. They took me down to the GM summer camp and RPed with me for about 30 minutes. It was the most fun I've ever had being a hostage. I got what was coming for me, and it didn't scare me off. Instead, I made friends and organized people to fight against the redwater cartel which lead to some fun ass hostilities. Well, this was back before people would get angry ooc because someone is ruining their roleplay, so I can see why you're making this thread. Rather than me getting upset oocly I actually became friends with Stew (the redwater fella) and we stayed friends until that fool got permd. The point is, just because you're new doesn't mean that you can sit in a bubble and talk shit. If you're gonna talk shit expect some people coming after you.

It's a white-listed server, you should know what you're doing to some extent. If not there's a mentor programme waiting for you. Simple as. 

Just to give my little opinion of this whole mess

All IC actions are entirely justified. If they had 20 guys to raid a camp of 2-3 people, that's entirely fine. Nothing wrong. Especially since it appears that these "New players" have already exchanged hostilities with others. If my group heard of armed men claiming land and starting shit, you can bet we'll be over for a nice chat any time of the week.

Now if their is any mistreatment of these players, and anyone actually, OOC then that's when it becomes a problem. People need to split OOC and IC relations and opinions. 

I don't care if you are a new player or an old player. If you bring IC issues OOC, you're not a good RolePlayer

3 hours ago, Polat said:

No my friend what happened was you tried to start a town you couldn't defend like even groups with 15-20 members have tried and failed. The moment you try to claim land and tell everyone about it you become a target other groups will test your strength to see if you can even defend it or attack you because you're claiming land when you shouldn't. Land claim is a show of power something you and your friend were not ready for. I promise you this if you didn't claim land no one would have botherd you and barely anyone would know who you were besides the few people you have talked too.

Only one word to describe this.... 
Roleplay.

I have encountered these people before and their characters are like this to legit everyone , inc me. 
Just let them rp their characters they are doing a good job at hostile rp.

Jesus Christ what is wrong with you guys , "need more hostile rp" , "the hostile rp is bullying" . I'm sorry but this is legit stupid. 

Edited by Saints

To be honest, if half an army barges into your camp and you have no chance of winning, you surrender. Because that's what you do. You try your best to get out of it alive, and probably do as your told. And if they demand your stuff, you give them your stuff.

I just don't get the whole "bullying" part here. Surely the hostiles weren't playing "nice", but that's the whole point.

When FM (Free Medics) had their "Homestead" base it was attacked from time to time. But I guess our RP was a lot different from the one this town tried to be. Homestead was more of a free clinic than anything else, but we weren't with 3 or 4 people trying to defend it. Because we didn't. We got attacked by two bandits, we were screwed. We had our code of honor in which we didn't use violence against anyone.

In return we made a ton of friends, and we had friends backing us up. In return for our services of course.

You do not simply "claim" land and expect everyone to deal with it like you want them to. Especially if you're all smug about it. You talk tough you receive tough.

The phrase baptism by fire comes to mind. Sheltering new players is just going to weaken the entire community until it becomes a safe space. It's trial and error. Sure losing your settlement sucks but it's not gone forever and you just have to keep going. Besides if everything goes your way then it will get boring.  

Getting attacked once and failing doesn't mean they're getting bullied just means they have no connections or haven't made enough friends to gather the troops, that's how everyone starts and that's how it should be, just because your new shouldn't mean you get a shield protecting whatever you're trying to create. If you think that attack was bad, think of 2014 when we had no logs and shit like my first GM RP session ended in was the common RP session you would get. I joined a group called the regs where attacks such as that one were a regular thing even going 4-10+ here.

Yet I'm still here I got bullied slammed killed and taken hostage over and over when I first started but TBH I learned from it,  rather than trying to figure things out my self I figured  how to deal with hostages what I can and cannot do when it comes to permissions by getting put into those situations my self and though it pissed me off at times I got more experience from it rather than guessing everything leading properly to a ban.

If they have no interest in learning from there encounters and are to attached to there gear, then this was never the place for them to begin with.

I'd like to give my two cents into this discussion. I'm new here, I'm young and stupid and I was also bullied (No, they didn't play with my pencil case, casual ol' beating). And this clearly is not bullying, this is as far from it as it can get. They read the rules (or atleast should have). They know what they can do and what others can (or will?) do in return. When you start tossing your dick around, you can be sure somebody will try to cut it off. And if you can't stop them, then perhaps you should leave it in your trousers.

Edited by pijkaCZ