Server time: 2018-12-16, 04:36
Sleepyhead

The Vale of Shadows || Cannibal Group || Strict Recruiting

5cd2435740e22213ba002dc5780e5d9c.gif

Fucking lit. Amazing work, boo. 

Edited by Jamie

Nice.

Don't call the group "family" GG :D

Holy shit this is beautiful, best of luck ladies and gents.

Edited by Mexi

This looks damn good. Pretty sweet, Sleepyhead.

You actually used my gif. LETS GO BOIS 

Ooooh I like this. bout time we get some more creepy groups on the server. Only recommendation would be to put the end part about gaining perma-death on the character when they leave in a bold red text or what ever color. just to make it stand out a little more so its not over looked in the thread. However, thats up to you guys. Good luck with the group! 

amazing, I dig it

I'm not going to lie, I've never been one for cannibals of any kind but your story is extremely logical. I look forward to your rp. Awesome job guys! 

4 minutes ago, Ender said:

Ooooh I like this. bout time we get some more creepy groups on the server. Only recommendation would be to put the end part about gaining perma-death on the character when they leave in a bold red text or what ever color. just to make it stand out a little more so its not over looked in the thread. However, thats up to you guys. Good luck with the group! 

Thank you Ender, I've just updated it. :D

giphy.gif

quite a bang up thread you got here

Thank you everyone for the kindness & feedback!! I really appreciate it. <3

Great RP from you guys tonight, some awesome stuff. Thread looks great. Can't wait to meet you guys in game more in the future.

Good luck!

Good luck not getting metagamed D:<

I absolutely guarantee that someone is just gonna out of the blue accuse you of being cannibals without any IC evidence, just like they accused AEGIS of experimenting when nothing was happening.

But the thread looks absolutely fantastic. Its great to see Sleepy and Jamie back at it again. Best of luck, fellas.

2 hours ago, Sleepyhead said:

Thank you everyone for the kindness & feedback!! I really appreciate it. <3

You are very welcome Sleepy

I really hope you take this constructive feedback and turn this group into what it was born to be                                                  a bunch of edgy kids

giphy.gif

Edited by Macbrine

Good luck, we need more unique groups to fluff up everything. Hopefully it goes well and we can get some Family / Joffrey level stuff going on with this. :) 

Looks pretty cool, good luck.

In case you are not doing it already: Do yourselves a favour and emote out the cannibalism instead of using ig mechanics for it.

1 hour ago, Sylva said:

Good luck not getting metagamed D:<

I absolutely guarantee that someone is just gonna out of the blue accuse you of being cannibals without any IC evidence, just like they accused AEGIS of experimenting when nothing was happening.

If it's truly deemed necessary, we'll try to talk it out OOC and if that takes us nowhere I guess a report will be thrown up. 

1 hour ago, Zero said:

Good luck, we need more unique groups to fluff up everything. Hopefully it goes well and we can get some Family / Joffrey level stuff going on with this. :) 

I can only dream of having such a memorable group. Fingers crossed. ^_^

18 minutes ago, Grimnir said:

Looks pretty cool, good luck.

In case you are not doing it already: Do yourselves a favour and emote out the cannibalism instead of using ig mechanics for it.

That's the plan! <3

Thanks again for all of the kind comments. I really appreciate it.

Im sorry I don't like the leader of this group bit of a ming 

/closed

4 minutes ago, Odap the Corruptor said:

Im sorry I don't like the leader of this group bit of a ming 

I'm just trying to get your support mum, I want to make you proud

Edited by Sleepyhead

i love this...about time we have a logical way for people to eat others..

but question for yall?

4 hours ago, Sleepyhead said:

The tiny village of Berezhki had soon become full of people who shared the same beliefs as Xander Motley and his family, and they began to look up to him as a leader.

This make me scratch my head just a little bit, considering my character lived and stayed in Berezhki for 2-3 years and and ive met a couple of people who grew up and lived there and now all of a sudden everyone is cannibals in the village... gonna get confusing real quick...-food for the thought

small candy shop in Duluth, Minnesota

Tbh, the thread is already 10/10 for this but I'll keep on reading. 

After reading all of it, I gotta say I love it, and I love that a group like this is finally here again. Not only that, I have 100% faith in the people in this group to do this RP the right way. 

NO EDGY BULLSHIT.

Don't be edgy & wear clown masks or call the group "family".

This is what I'm the most happy with tbh. Those types of groups that try too hard to be edgy and spooky and run around with clown masks and converse shoes are just cringy tbh.

It's possible to be evil and cannibalistic without being cringey and extremely in-your-face about it. 

I also really liked how in-depth the lore was, and how much backstory it provided. I think the reason that your group is full of cannibals due to being a cult type thing is a really cool idea, and is honestly one of the few ways to make a group like this work. Also, with how deep the lore went, I felt like I actually knew some of the characters on a personal level. Whoever wrote the lore did a great job, and whoever did the graphics did a good job too.

The only issue I had with the lore was the quote below:

They spoke about an infection causing the dead to come back to life as cannibalistic monsters

The DayZ infection/virus is not the same as the walking dead infection/virus. In the DayZ universe, the infected are still alive, still breathe air, still need to eat, etc. This is why you can kill them with body shots instead of only headshots. 

Other than that super tiny thing, this thread and group is fucking lit. If my group of Jihadists ever archives, I think I'd like to join tbh.

Good luck with this, and I cannot wait to see you guys pull this off in game ?

Edit: I'd also be really careful with how your newer members roleplay this out. Being a cannibal/cult can be something that is difficult to pull off correctly, and some people will misunderstand that to be a cannibal, you have to be super crazy and obviously psychotic. Just make sure to keep a close eye on the newer members you bring in to your group, and maybe teach them how to do it properly so that they don't mess up or give the group a bad name.

3 minutes ago, Lucky1911 said:

This make me scratch my head just a little bit, considering my character lived and stayed in Berezhki for 2-3 years and and ive met a couple of people who grew up and lived there and now all of a sudden everyone is cannibals in the village... gonna get confusing real quick...-food for the thought

I'm aware that people have lived in Berezhki and are not cannibals, somewhere else in the lore it states that Xander was pretty selective about who he chose to tell. It's completely possible for people to have still lived in the village without knowing about the cannibals. Regardless, I'll bear this in mind. If a Lore Master deems it absolutely necessary, I'll rewrite the lore a tad, but Major seemed pretty okay with it.