Server time: 2017-11-20, 19:02

Rolle

Safe Zone Trial Poll

Safe Zone Trial Poll  

140 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How would you rate the role play experiences you had within the safe zone?

• Very good
    • Good
    • Mediocre
    • Bad
    • Very Bad
  2. 2. How would you rate the location of the safe zone?

• Very good
    • Good
    • Mediocre
    • Bad
    • Very bad
  3. 3. How would you rate the rules for the safe zone (no hostility rules, opening and closing)?

• Very good
    • Good
    • Mediocre
    • Bad
    • Very bad
  4. 4. What would you like to see changed about the safe zone if it were to become permanent?

• Lore
    • Hostility rules
    • Open times
    • Other (specify in post below)
  5. 5. Would you like safe zone to be permanently added to the server?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/23/17 at 09:59 PM

If you don't know what the safe zone is, read this announcement.

Here is the promised safe zone poll that will determine the future of the safe zone that was introduced two weeks ago.

Please vote on options that best describe your experiences in the safe zone as well as how just the fact of it being there has affected you.

Those who haven't been in game at all during the last two weeks shouldn't vote at all, I care about true in game experiences and not your dislike for the idea of a safe zone without having even experienced it.

Of course feel free to express your opinion about the safe zone below as well, do you think we should keep it? What should be changed?

Almost every time I've been around the Safe Zone it's been dead. :( Closed, or open doesn't matter. No one there 'cept the people we go with! I like the overall idea of a Safe Zone, but I also feel that there's no enforcement of the rules without a neutral party there to witness them. So, make sure we each have recording software on hand. Now, it's unrealistic to have someone(s) stationed there and we can all self govern without issue so I get we have to believe in the Safe Zone to make it work! But, I still feel slightly deterred from going without you know ... someone to interact with who'll be there. When we had the CDF/VDV/UN;WHO people and their hubs we knew if we rocked up to those areas we'd see Tents and People and all sorts of fun to be had, the Safe Zone does not have this. Also; the location (while I love the compound's overall look) it's also next to the Radiated Zone which is Bad News Bears for anyone who's paying attention to the Lore so I don't know if that makes a lot of sense to keep it there, but like I mentioned I like the look of the compound and it's spacious floor plan (plus those cute little cabins). 

I will say that the limited RP I have had there was decent, mostly because of the people involved. Having a Safe Zone didn't seem to impact too much of what was going on with the individuals that were there. Just felt like another town/area that we all stopped in before winding down for the evening. 

Overall, I think it's cool to have a Safe Zone but I don't think it'll be very popular 'cause there's not a lot of incentive to head that way.

Honestly a safezone needs to be set up in character by a major faction, not just kinda pop up.

also as far as im aware there was no IC information about a safezone, people just kinda went there.

1) It's always empty. 

2) It needs a faction or group of some sort to stay there and enforce it, at least occasionally. 

3) It really shouldn't be right next to ground zero

Beyond that, I enjoyed it.

It was always dead and people need a reason ICly, Like a Lore or something to be written about the safezone. I liked the location since it was close to our hotspot that I genuinely never travel away from because I'm a lazy fuck and don't like to spend my time running across the map but instead of using the safezone, people just continued hanging out in severograd because you're more likely to find someone there than in the safezone

If this safe zone was ever to be seriously implemented it should've been done so at the beggining of the lore wipe when bigger groups were around that could properly run it. The location also doesn't make sense as many people pointed out. In the end it doesn't really matter since you can't actually play on the server since it's down 80% of the time during peak hours.

Yeah, I know - sensitive topic and all of that but I was kinda expecting that the safezone and the new lore would be combined somehow.

I loved the idea of a safezone where the CDF provides security and ensure that the rules are being followed and where the UN provides humanitarian aid and pushes the research, maybe even goes so far to involve civilians with little "quests" like gathering samples - But well, sadly that ship has sailed and an awesome chance for the lore, the lore factions and the safezone has been wasted.
And with that being said I really see no way how to properly RP a spot in the middle of the apocalypse that is magically protected by the almighty himself.
If there is a safezone suppose to be:
1.) Make it permanent at a beforehand voted place that provides enough space.
2.) Give it a lore and maybe even a lore faction with dedicated people, not so much as to entertain the people going there, but to make it feel ("more") realistic
3.) Rules that protect the zone, without encouraging stupid behavior. If you act tough and talk shit you will be kicked out by the guarding faction (see Point 2.).

The safezone should be somewhere away from the hot spot for roleplay. Get people out of the area otherwise what is the point?

To specify the reasoning to select other

I dislike the location of the safezone, but above that I dislike the reason it exists. The lore for it is fine, but I truly believe there needs to be a group in charge of the safezone as there is little to no RP in the zone. It makes no sense to have a magical safe zone and without a group running it, nobody cares about stopping by for trading or any RP for that matter

4 hours ago, Faith said:

The safezone should be somewhere away from the hot spot for roleplay. Get people out of the area otherwise what is the point?

Well let's see hmmmmmmmmmmmm

1) People know there is always someone in severograd if there's noone at the safezone. That's a very big one
2) Some people might not be able to spend 2h every single day to run from hotspot to safezone across the map just to rp in the safezone, not everyone has so much time to dedicate. Most people want to be able to log onto the server immediately finding someone to rp with, not having to travel miles to then have to log off again. The map is too big for the community.

Having everything in one spot is perfect. 

6 minutes ago, Rory said:

Well let's see hmmmmmmmmmmmm

1) People know there is always someone in severograd if there's noone at the safezone. That's a very big one
2) Some people might not be able to spend 2h every single day to run from hotspot to safezone across the map just to rp in the safezone, not everyone has so much time to dedicate. Most people want to be able to log onto the server immediately finding someone to rp with, not having to travel miles to then have to log off again. The map is too big for the community.

Having everything in one spot is perfect. 

That's what people said in Camp Hope and Kabanino until constant robberies. If you don't want to make the effort of finding roleplay and constantly getting initiated on and robbed then what is the point. I ran a hot spot once, I saw the corruption. New lore, I see how little sense it was at times to keep it going. 

14 minutes ago, Rory said:

I get that you've tried hard on your hotspot Rory, but just let it die man.... Stop trying to defend it and just let it die out and let another hotspot open up.

Edited by Beni

8 minutes ago, Beni said:

I get that you've tried hard on your hotspot Rory, but just let it die man.... Stop trying to defend it and just let it die out and let another hotspot open up.

Its far from dead, but whatever.

Back on topic: Safezone should be closer to everything, instead of tucked up away on the edge of the map. Maybe it should be a small town, like Vshnoye, Novy Sobor, or even Stary Sobor if you think the rules can be enforced in such a large town. Places right smack dab in the middle of the map would make it an easier trek and a close proximity to other towns will make it a pitstop to trade gear and tell stories of bandits in nearby towns or such.

Tough crowd.

You know how in the past, you would travel over the entire map & seemed like wherever you went, there were people you would meet? I love that. Spontaneous, unexpected RP is some of the best.

It doesn't make sense ICly for everything to be so close to one another. Some people don't want to sit inside of a city all day watching people fist fight because "it's the end of the world, we can do what we'd like." Sure, if you want to then go for it. But at least give the others an option to go somewhere else where they can find more RP. Having one hot spot where you meet the same 10-15 people over and over again is boring. Let another hot spot open up for even more roleplay opportunities. That way, we don't have to sit through the same "yeah I'll take a shot of vodka" roleplay.

As Faith said, if you don't want to put forth the effort of finding roleplay, then what's the point?

With that being said, I'd really like a new location for the safe zone. #GreenMountain4Safezone and all. Having it quite close to Ground Zero is kind of dumb. In addition to this, we could always use more lore that realistically makes sense. I don't think "oh, it gets freaky at night for some unknown reason" makes a lot of sense, but that's only my opinion. Maybe even take a lore faction into consideration for the safe zone. 

27 minutes ago, Beni said:

Severo has been buzzing lately mate.

Unfortunately very few people are in the mood to guard a camp in the way it is needed to really make it flourish. Also having rule armor for those people is iffy but it would make sense if it was guarded by the CDF or NATO as they are still very powerful outside of this province, hence why you wouldn't attack it = rule armor = you'd realistically get duked on, it's not ideal but meh. Back in Mod even staff had issues guarding and CRing tradepost, and we would need a dedicated group of people in several different timezones to even maintain presence in the here and now. I could get some people together but it's hard to promise anything and it would suck to get something together only to have it fade and the CRs lose interest or taper off. Doesn't help with the DDOSing and people dying of old age waiting for .63. 

Ground Zero and the current safe zone's proximity to it is not an issue as the radiation isn't the most immediate danger, despite what was put in the Ground Zero post. Radiation is "cool" and hence people just paid attention to it. The issue is that there is some sort of biological contamination at the site that can make you sick, but that sort of went over people's heads. But generally I believe the safezone if we do keep it should be somewhere more central or away from the north a bit to spread folks out. As mentioned it is much more rewarding to come across a person outside of a hotspot that has been visited to death and is the site of many shenanigans that drive people away. I have not been to Severograd once since last Lore wipe and I don't really intend to. I love hanging around outlying areas or traveling here and there.

If the people were in place to do it we could realistically have the CDF send a detachment from Miroslavl to operate some sort of outpost on the Zagorian frontier to keep in contact with the people and to operate a hub. Lots of interesting Lore could come of that, or if you guys prefer we could go more minimalistic and find some old Chernarussian codger who opened the doors of his tavern or Summer camp to survivors. Perhaps a group of civilians, or any other combination of things. The people just have to be there and the interest has to be based on more than just a "no PvP zone". Which is why if it was run by the CDF you could conduct trade and relations and that sort of thing. Either way we do it (if it happens at all) we can write up a proper bit of Lore for it to compliment those who occupy and run it. 

I would advise maybe moving it to Green Mountain for the time being and then revisiting this idea closer to .63 when we might can revive a faction or mobilize something when there is a bit more interest. The Vavilovo or Kamensk Gas Station CP, Bereziki, and Skalisty Island are good spots if we want to spread folks out a bit. 

Nobody goes there because there is nothing novel about it and there is nothing more than a magical rule field and a place where people can gather, we can make it more interesting but it may be best to wait or play around with it a bit more.

54 minutes ago, TryaxReck said:

-Something wet-

I was using dead in a slang term, but whatever.

39 minutes ago, Rory said:

Severo has been buzzing lately mate.

From what I've heard, not in a good way. 

But yano, you do you.

I've been to the safe zone multiple times and no one is there.  Centrally located would be an improvement if everything about it remained the same.  I also don't mind running across the map...sometimes I'm away from my base for days. :) 

a total of 10 people thought they had good or better roleplay. And yet, 30 still want to keep it open. Hmmmmmm.

Every time I've been when it's open there has been no one there and I've visited it when there were quite a few people on the server. I get the idea and reason as to why you want the safe-zone, but I really do not see a point in keeping it at all considering people can get the camp-fire RP they want by just isolating themselves and RPing with their group. While I don't agree with that option, at least it's more realistic. If you locate them, you're not barred by some magic rules preventing you from doing hostile RP with them. If we're going to keep the safe-zone can we at-least get a group to run it or something and also move it to a location across the map? Or better yet, why not just bring back settlement rules. They weren't perfect but they some what worked. I personally don't like the idea of a safe-zone and don't particularly want one but I can see that others want it. But like others have stated, if we're going to do it we need to do it right.

Edited by Zero

Only 100 members have voted, out of 350+ that we have daily on the website. Please vote, as it is important to make an informed decision about the future of the safe zone.

I voted. I've never been there but in my opinion it's not needed. It's very inorganic and counter-intuitive to have a "magic safe zone" open every now and then. Let the players make their own hot spots like it should be.

48 minutes ago, Rolle said:

Only 100 members have voted, out of 350+ that we have daily on the website. Please vote, as it is important to make an informed decision about the future of the safe zone.

how many of said members play ingame daily 

just wondering

dont hurt me

24 minutes ago, Odap the Corruptor said:

how many of said members play ingame daily 

just wondering

dont hurt me

Don't need to play daily in order to have an opinion about Safe Zone. You have the daily player number on the front page.

Since the safe zone has been added 652 players have played on our server and 1598 members have visited the website.

I personally would not like to see a safe zone in game.  Nowhere should be a 100% safe from threats. That's just part of being in a zombie apocalypse. I also have been reading that the zone is more often than not empty which makes me believe that people don't really feel it's nessecary to have it.

I think the challenge to keep an area safe should remain with the players. Staff shouldn't give a helping hand when it comes to that by adding a zone. Let people fight/earn it themselves. Makes it much more rewarding to use it then.