Server time: 2019-03-26, 19:12 WE ARE RECRUITING
JoffreyRP

A plea to bandit RP'rs

Yeah that video is just... wow. Uninspired, unorganized, seems like there was no plan and no effort put into it. Pretty half baked. Step your game up, bandits.

I was equally as confused while watching this video. I had no clue why all these people were in a circle and why no one was talking to them. At least have one guy forcing them to listen to his speech or some shit about what the girl has done and why she needs to die.

Edited by Dew

I second this 100%. This "situation" was cringe worthy for the most part, and the parts that had some backbone to it, like the drama about @LadyInBlue having to kill herself to save us, had you wonder "WHY?", not to mention leaving the lingering taste of strongarming a permadeath out of someone. I mean, shit happens, but what kind of justification do these people have to hate, initiate hostilities on, rob and/or kill any of these people other than winning some fame through it? NONE.

Wanna be the bad guys? Fine. But build a reasoning to get into these kind of situations, don't just force yourself as the most important, dangerous and badass people around because it ends up with poorly constructed and planned situations like this one. Build up your enemity with targets and don't go straight to murder for shock value, and don't pick your victim out of the people everyone else knows to make yourselves visible to everyone, but the ones you know every detail and weakness of to make yourselves monstrous to someone.

I can feel rule 4 in the air.

6 minutes ago, Rolle said:

Don't Rule 4 @Joffrey he did nothing wrong :( 

8 minutes ago, Rolle said:

Uh oh

As someone who was there,I can say that it was mildly bland RP for the most part besides the aggressors forcing a fist fight between two of the captives which was fun but again when is that not? Most of the talking was between us hostages and very little between the actual people that dropped the initiation they were mostly just running around waiting for the inevitable sniper fire. I don't think anyone there thinks of it as a waist of time but it could have been handled much better imo.

Also props to Abroon for coming back after he was released like the fucking legend he is

Edited by jangoskull

Was a pretty distressing night for me IC and OOCLY as I felt I was being forced to perma death my character despite she did nothing wrong to anyone.

She is Quinn. She even helped Jayden despite her friends wanting him caught.

I just don't know what to even say.

Dear goodness watching this makes me sad ... Forcing Perma or threatening to kill everyone around is so dirty..

Talk about Unreasonable demands...and the RP is lack luster...makes me ashamed of being a bandit

People need to be taught how to bandit yeah we can complain about how bad the bandit RP is but we need people actively going out and teaching these people. I know we have the mentor program  but let's be honest nothing is really enforcing it and I know a guy who was ditched by his mentor because the mentor no longer felt like playing. I feel like yeah the bandit standard is kinda low now compared to the past but the old bandits with experience need to step forward and raise their hand going okay I'll teach a few or even if it isn't teaching them atleast get in-game and show great bandit RP so they can learn what they need to do to make the situation enjoyable. 

#MakeBanditsGreatAgain.

Edited by Jinx

Just now, Jinx said:

People need to be taught how to bandit yeah we can complain about how bad the bandit RP is but we need people actively going out and teaching these people. I know we have the mentor program  but I let's be honest nothing is really enforcing it and I know a guy who was ditched by his mentor because the mentor no longer felt like playing. I feel like yeah the bandit standard is kinda low now compared to the past but the old bandits with experience need to step forward and raise their hand going okay I'll teach a few or even if it isn't teaching them atleast get in-game and show great bandit RP so they can learn what they need to do to make the situation enjoyable. 

#MakeBanditsGreatAgain.

Doesnt help some of those bandits  in the video have been in community 2+ year. They should know by now or not be doing hostile RP

1st thing - "everybody's going to die unless you kill yourself" - i'm sorry, what in the actual fuck is that about? 

2nd thing - there is absolutely ZERO IMMERSION in this video. Where is the rp in any of this? I mean, I know that we're not being shown the full scenario here, but all I see here is a fuck load of hostages role playing AT a few bandit shufflers and getting the absolute bare minimum of "rp" in return. To take someone hostage is to take away their freedom to do damn near anything. So you had damn well better make it worthwhile for them in return with some quality hostage role play. Here? There was NONE.

3rd thing - To whoever all of you people are taking this cluster of people hostage. EITHER MUTE YOUR SOUND OR JUST GET THE HELL OFF TEAMSPEAK. Jesus, if you're in the presence of people in a role playing server and they are not in your channel, THEN THEY ARE YOUR PRIORITY BECAUSE YOU ARE HERE TO ROLE PLAY AND INTERACT WITH OTHER PEOPLE DYNAMICALLY!!  It is so blatantly obvious that you all are more focused and interested in talking to each other in some ts channel than you are in talking to the people you're actually supposed to be role playing with. Which in this case appears to be literally half of the server population. This is incredibly disappointing on so any levels.

4th thing - @Vytis I don't believe @Joffrey did anything wrong here either, nor was he the one being referred to when @Rolle mentioned rule 4.

Lastly - Y'all need mentors. My god. 

The facial expression in my avatar is basically how i look right now while watching this video. Just sayin

Edited by Buddy

1 minute ago, Buddy said:

4th thing - @Vytis I don't believe @Joffrey did anything wrong here either, nor was he the one being referred to when @Rolle mentioned rule 4.

Lastly - Y'all need mentors. My god. 

Gosh, I know that. I was trying to make a funny.  I'm gonna go F11. 

@Joffrey, don't you think as someone who has been in this community for a long time and have been a part of groups that received lots of negative feedback and otherwise, that making a thread like this is a bad idea? Think about it, you are reposting a video from a report, an already public and highly viewed part of the forums, and making a thread basically putting the people involved on blast for beanz. Thats pretty low and hypocritical if you ask me. 

If we look back at some of your posts last month where you tried to defend yourself and your group mates in their group threads from people who judged you for being bandits and from their ooc biases, you tried to break the stereotype of bandits being filthy pvpers and whatnot. You complained about how people came on the thread to start drama and now here you are, starting drama by publicly shaming the people in that video. 

I'm pretty disappointed to be honest. You should have taken this to PMs with the people you are putting on blast or not said anything at all. By making a spectacle you've created drama and brought this to Rolle's attention. I hope the beanz were worth it.

3H6imWN.gif

ooooooh boy that was a mess and a half.

First off: Telling @LadyInBlue to kill herself or everyone dies is an unreasonable demand, period. It does not matter if you are actually going to follow through on your threats or not. its an unreasonable demand. and is a rule break. (unreasonable hostage demands)

Second: Where the hell is the RP it seems like no one even wanted to be there the hostages and the hostage takers.(Bad RP)

Third: It seems like you guys initiated just because you could which is another rule break right there (No reason to initiate)

Fourth: You killed someone that had their hands up and was complaint through the entire thing. theres another rule break (Killing compliant hostage). 

I'm honestly surprised in this to be honest. I know the hostage takers, I KNOW they are all amazing Rp'ers, just . . . Where the hell was it? Where was the great RP i know you guys are capable of?

//Edit: i just realized there is a report up about this . . . Uh . . . well. This is awkward. I'm technically not allowed to give my opinion yet Haha. Ah well.

I don't agree at all, this needs to be a discussion. Watching this video leaves a horrid taste and is a big part of why people always have an issue with bandit RP

Like Ender said these people are not new and this should not happen and if you like it or not people will make it reflect on all bandits

I'm going to provide some context to this situation, seeing as there is a 5 minute video that is taken from an around 1 1/2 hour RP session, and there are people posting on here that seem to use a small snippet of information to form an opinion; ignorant ones with that in mind.

Yesterday, there was a situation that escalated into a firefight between both us and the townsfolk, more specifically @Taryn's people. After that, we decided to pay a few people who we knew were skilled gunmen to help us out with exacting some revenge. We see that everyone in the town is gathered together, including the 'Queen' of Severograd @LadyInBlue. We drop the initiation and everyone complies. One by one, they are disarmed and moved into a line. From this line, we take out the people that we want, and leave the rest in a collective group for us to decide what we want to do next with. At this point, the server begins to get DDOSed.

Now, we planned to take the targets that we were looking for (The Queen, any shit-talkers, etc.) and do what we needed to with them, let them go, and then supply the main RP with the rest of the hostages. Until then, the hostages were making small talk with one another, alongside a few hostage takers providing basic RP until we got to them. Now, during this, multiple people from both sides continued to crash repeatedly, alongside losing connection to the server, rubber-banding, having to relog, and not being able to turn.

We bring out the few people, specifically @Bowser, and beat him down in front of the crowd, making sure that they know what is to come of them the next time that they try to be heroes and force us out of town. We then have a fight hosted between two people, in which one of the contestants dies, and the other is sent free with a significant amount of the other survivors' gear. 

After that, @LadyInBlue is brought to the town square after being beaten. I get word over the radio that there are people surrounding us in the hills, so I move away and allow others to continue the RP. I remained on the outer rim of the town square, and see some OOC Logs asking if these were 'unreasonable demands'. From then, I hear a few shots being fired, and move to the side of the pub near the garages and start getting lit up by someone from @Taryn's group. Apparently, their company had initiated on one of mine, who opened fire on them, which in turn granted them KOS Rights.

From then, the hostages take advantage of the hectic situation and run away.

So, all circumstances considered (The DDOS, the fact that we came under sniper fire during RP, and the crazy amount of OOC coming from the large group of people), I think that the overall situation was a clusterfuck. What you see in the video is a part from when we started to come under fire and more than half of us decide to move out and prepare for a fight. What you see is a small section which does not highlight the roleplay, it highlights the part where bullets start flying, and the PVP Aspect of the encounter.

Everyone who has posted on this thread should wait to see the full video before jumping the gun and thinking that everyone involved needs to 'step up' or 'go into the mentor program'. I as a staff member take roleplay seriously, as all should, and don't expect to hear people form ignorant opinions without seeing the full video. I, and everyone involved, did the best we could considering the circumstances we were in.

10 minutes ago, Nihoolious said:

I'm pretty disappointed to be honest

O.o ..  ? Sorry if I inadvertanly roasted your friends. It's not to be taken as a roast at specific people, its a roast on this type of RP, and this video was a perfect highlight of what I was talking about. Get at me on TS if you want a full debate.. as I said.

If we look back at some of your posts last month where you tried to defend yourself and your group mates in their group threads from people who judged you for being bandits and from their ooc biases, you tried to break the stereotype of bandits being filthy pvpers and whatnot.

I am going to not be humble here and say that when I am involved in my friends Hostile RP, most of the time.. its pretty fucking awesome RP, so you bet your ass I'll defend that shit. :D 

@Joffrey, don't you think as someone who has been in this community for a long time and have been a part of groups that received lots of negative feedback and otherwise, that making a thread like this is a bad idea? Think about it, you are reposting a video from a report, an already public and highly viewed part of the forums, and making a thread basically putting the people involved on blast for beanz. Thats pretty low and hypocritical if you ask me. 

If we look back at some of your posts last month where you tried to defend yourself and your group mates in their group threads from people who judged you for being bandits and from their ooc biases, you tried to break the stereotype of bandits being filthy pvpers and whatnot. You complained about how people came on the thread to start drama and now here you are, starting drama by publicly shaming the people in that video. 

I'm pretty disappointed to be honest. You should have taken this to PMs with the people you are putting on blast or not said anything at all. By making a spectacle you've created drama and brought this to Rolle's attention. I hope the beanz were worth it.

I don't really think Joffrey is out of line at all.  

Judging from the video and from what I've been told about the situation,  it was absolutely garbage.  This is happening more and more with bandit RP.  People get taken hostage and there's minimal RP between hostage takers and hostage, which is usually just gear based.

Now this situation is clearly not gear based.  @LadyInBlue is being forced to kill herself or others will be killed.  There's a story behind it, a story that should warrant RP from the hostage takers as to why she's being forced to do this.  And the reasoning is... the reasoning is... uhh... the reasoning is....uhhh yeah. 

watching this video made me hurt, not only from the rule breaking but like... the Gear RP lmao... Why take 13 people hostage....

As they aren't new to the server then it is completely differen't.. like come on guys we need to be showing the new members how to do it not giving them this as examples. Like I'm not claiming I'm the best bandit out there no way but it's not hard to atleast small talk keep them entertained while you set up the rest of the rp don't just sit there quietly. This is not okay and like Darion said if you can't hostile RP don't do it.

//Just read Boston's post I am gonna wait for full video.

Edited by Jinx

2 minutes ago, Boston said:

. I, and everyone involved, did the best we could considering the circumstances we were in.

Ye.. yeah.. Listen I'm sure thats the case. This video is a small snippet of the entire context to be sure.

This snippet is an example to make a point as a whole. Bandit RP has become... like this video, this year.. and this is my rant of protest against this type of RP. Don't tell me it doesn't happen... I've been present and a hostage to it, and seen friends commit it. It's a serious issue, and it should be dissed upon.