Server time: 2017-10-20, 16:08
Safe Zone: OPEN

Rolle

Safe Zone Trial

Rolle    2952

AREA B4

5b488cf620.png

Safe Zone Page

I'm introducing a safe zone trial. The safe zone will be called Area B4 and will be located north of Severograd. The goal with this area is to introduce a hotspot for players to safely trade, do peaceful RP and casually find other role players to play with. While this area is open to all players at all times, the safe zone aspect of it will be enforced according to the schedule below, these are all server time (see top right):

• 15:30 - 17:30
  • 21:30 - 23:30
  • 3:30 - 5:30
  • 9:30 - 11:30

Basically, the camp will be a safe zone four times a day for 2 hours. About 2,5 hours before a restart the camp will open, and 30 minutes before a restart the camp will close.

Now to the safe zone aspect of it. First, some definitions and clarifications:

Camp status - visible on the DayZRP website below server time and on the safe zone page. Always check it for latest status. In game messages will also be sent to all players in game informing about the camp opening soon (30 minutes prior), opening, closing soon (30 minutes prior) and closing.

Camp area - camp area is defined by the map above. The definition of the camp area is the area marked with a border plus VOIP range from the border.

During the time the camp is open the following rules are in effect:

• No hostile actions may be taken against other players. That includes but is not limited to baiting, stealing, provoking, shit talking, acting hostile, aiming at with weapons, initiating or shooting.
  • Events with mutual consent from all involved parties may disregard the above rule for a limited time, for example to be able to arrange fist fights, duels etc. (basically to allow for player created events)
  • Any players or group members whose groups have committed a hostile action within the last 2 hours may not enter the safe zone area.

While the camp is closed, regular rules apply just like on the rest of the map.

If you disagree with these rules or you believe that your characters RP would not go well with the goals of this area, please do not visit it. Feel free to hang outside of it or visit the pub in Severograd.

The trial will last for approximately 2 weeks. On 2017-10-15 we will evaluate your experiences in a dedicated thread with a poll consisting of a few questions about different aspects of the safe zone. Depending on the poll outcome we will get rid of the safe zone, modify it (by for example changing location or rules) or keep it.

PCJames    202

Well, at this point in the DayZ life cycle, I'd be willing to try anything. I hope this doesn't turn into a troll fest but we'll see. I hope to swing by in a few days.

Samti    141
2 minutes ago, SportingStrike said:

Is there a specific reason to the scheduled hours?

So people Don't use it as a 'daycare' 

Rolle    2952
3 minutes ago, SportingStrike said:

Is there a specific reason to the scheduled hours?

A few.

- It's not active 24/7 so that people don't grow roots in there and never leave it, making the rest of the map desolate.

- The short story of the safe zone is that the site can only be visited during the day as it gets bad at night. The closing hour of the safe zone is when it starts to get dark in game.

- We have 4 restarts a day, which goes well with those hours

2 minutes ago, Rolle said:

A few.

- It's not active 24/7 so that people don't grow roots in there and never leave it, making the rest of the map desolate.

- The short story is that the site can only be visited during the day as it gets bad at night. The closing hour of the safe zone is when it starts to get dark in game.

- We have 4 restarts a day, which goes well with those hours

Makes sense, thanks for the clarification. 

Voodoo    488
1 minute ago, Wolfstorm23 said:

@Rolle Hey big Man quick question. Do we all already know about said safezone IC or is it still unknown to the people?

Thats a good point. I guess its metagaming if you use this information on a safe zone IC.

Rolle    2952
2 minutes ago, Wolfstorm23 said:

@Rolle Hey big Man quick question. Do we all already know about said safezone IC or is it still unknown to the people?

You're free to inform your character about it in whichever way you like. 

Wolfstorm23    59
2 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Thats a good point. I guess its metagaming if you use this information on a safe zone IC.

Yeah that's what i'm thinking. 

1 minute ago, Rolle said:

You're free to inform your character about it in whichever way you like. 

So like IC my character has a little radio station he does. Would it be considered any type of offense if he broadcasted about said safe zone?

Edited by Wolfstorm23

Rory    1569

I like that it isn't a 24/7 thing.
Also thanks for mentioning our group project in your announcement :) 

RogueSolace    455

Im excited but bleh for being far away

Rory    1569
36 minutes ago, RogueSolace said:

Im excited but bleh for being far away

It's super close to an already current hotspot :) 

Kitsunicans    3

Would there be people IC monitoring the camp? In more simple terms, what's stopping a group of bandits running through and initiating on some people within the camp's perimeter. 

Rolle    2952
1 minute ago, Kitsunicans said:

what's stopping a group of bandits running through and initiating on some people within the camp's perimeter. 

The rules. The same thing that stops the bandits from KoSing you with a sniper rifle from 500m away.

Kitsunicans    3
Just now, Rolle said:

The rules. The same thing that stops the bandits from KoSing you with a sniper rifle from 500m away.

Fair enough. Could people volunteer as security or something?

Rolle    2952
Just now, Kitsunicans said:

You're free to role play what you want as long as it's within the community and safe zone rules :) I bet there will be a bunch of people who will be interested to role play some form of a security force, perhaps even a group will be created. But note that there are no official safe zone peacekeepers and all players are equal within the safe zone.

Rory    1569
2 minutes ago, Kitsunicans said:

It all plays out IC. Roles and Ideas should be played out through In character interaction.
I know my group will take over the bar & hospital up there whenever we're in the safezone. We're here currently and nobody else is so #claimed :P 

Beni    865

Well it seems that all the safe spacers will now be able to be protected by a big bubble, free from all the hate of the real world...

What a fucking shite idea. 

I mean fuck me, logging in and out only in safe zone hours, fucking hell does the electric go off around the wall so that's when people can go in and initiate? Jesus christ. 

@Rolle Not gonna lie mate, it's fucking shite. 

Edited by Beni

Rolle    2952
3 minutes ago, Beni said:

Well it seems that all the safe spacers will now be able to be protected by a big bubble, free from all the hate of the real world...

What a fucking shite idea. 

I mean fuck me, logging in and out only in safe zone hours, fucking hell does the electric go off around the wall so that's when people can go in and initiate? Jesus christ. 

@Rolle Not gonna lie mate, it's fucking shite. 

Aww, I'm so sorry you don't like my ideas Beni. At least give it a try.

Alexis    85

Personally I don't like the idea, but I don't think a trial period could hurt. If anything I respect the idea to give it a try.

Monday    125

I like it

Rory    1569

I didn't like the Idea at first but considering it could drive a lot of rp into one area, I'm all for giving it a try.
I'm not a fan of people being spread across the entire map hidden away. At least this will bring people together. (Hopefully, because right now I am the only one here)