Server time (UTC): 2019-06-19, 18:19
Sign in to follow this  
Rainmaker

DayZ modding

When DayZ beta is released into beta the devs said they will drop the files sometime during beta. Think DayZRP staff would make a modded server like lots of servers have on Arma 3?

Possibly. I just hope whatever they do is well done and doesn't break game immersion.

Example : repairing a T72.

gonna drop this in here for obvious reasons.

If being able to add mods becomes a thing Imma model the fuck out of some models and fill the server with modded modeled goodness

I feel like some Quality of Life (QoL) mods would most likely be implemented, just to make the game a bit less broken and a bit more realistic.

Other than the QoL mods, though, I don't think there will be all that many to be completely honest. Maybe some to add additional vehicles/weapons?

Nobody can say for sure, but they'll have to remain immersive :)  

On 4.10.2017 at 7:05 AM, Classic said:

I feel like some Quality of Life (QoL) mods would most likely be implemented, just to make the game a bit less broken and a bit more realistic.

Other than the QoL mods, though, I don't think there will be all that many to be completely honest. Maybe some to add additional vehicles/weapons?

Nobody can say for sure, but they'll have to remain immersive :)  

Pardon my ignorance, but what would Quality of Life mean in the context of DayZ? Honestly curious - thanks in advance for explaining.

The only thing the devs can do to save this shit game is to give up and open source this "game" . 

1 hour ago, Prince said:

The only thing the devs can do to save this shit game is to give up and open source this "game" . 

Literally stealing my ideas m8 ;)

There are two issues with this idea though: First off, the DayZ engine uses a lot of Arma III's code (for some reason), and also contains code from the RV engine that is hasn't been deprecated in Arma III. This is bad because they don't want to open source some of the proprietary code they are still using for their main game. 

Also, we all know that modders will give up on the wreck that is DayZ's engine and backport (forwardport since DayZ's engine is older than Arma III's even though it's a newer game?) DayZ's most interesting bits (Chernarus +, some of the items, etc.) into Arma III, leaving the original game a ghost town.

In all, this is never going to happen because people still seem to be buying it and they only have to put minimal effort into maintaining it. 

Edited by Whitefur

2 minutes ago, Whitefur said:

Image result for anime worried

If DayZRP were to use mods, I want an eyepatch mod!

On 09/10/2017 at 4:33 AM, Whitefur said:

There are two issues with this idea though: First off, the DayZ engine uses a lot of Arma III's code (for some reason), and also contains code from the RV engine that is hasn't been deprecated in Arma III. This is bad because they don't want to open source some of the proprietary code they are still using for their main game. 

Also, we all know that modders will give up on the wreck that is DayZ's engine and backport (forwardport since DayZ's engine is older than Arma III's even though it's a newer game?) DayZ's most interesting bits (Chernarus +, some of the items, etc.) into Arma III, leaving the original game a ghost town.

In all, this is never going to happen because people still seem to be buying it and they only have to put minimal effort into maintaining it. 

That is the current engine, the new engine (beta) will be entirely different as it was created just for Dayz standalone. When modding comes it will be nothing to do with the old Arma engine at all. 

I think it is a good idea to mod the server ,

this could add some more realistic things in the game or expand the game with new stuff , and could also help for having a more realistic character maybe with more customization options.