Server time: 2017-08-21, 16:08

Sign in to follow this  
Rolle

Whitelist and other changes

Rolle    2456

As you probably know the KoS numbers are rising in numbers, even with the trouble of having to register to get the password and the new system of requiring users to read the rules before getting the server password.

My idea of reducing KoS and workload on the admins is the following:

- RP1 and RP2 will be wiped, removing all gear and vehicles. This is to remove all the duped and hacked items from the server.

- RP2 will be moved to a seperate database with slightly different and more strict KoS and roleplaying rules.

- Whitelist on both servers will be enforced, requiring users to submit a form and to be accepted by the admins in order to get access to the server.

- Donors will be whitelisted automatically

- In case of a wipe your bought items and vehicles will be refunded.

Please comment and discuss on these ideas. Remember that these are just suggestions, none of this is actually happening in the near future.

Guest oppa   
Guest oppa

nice idea, do it!

kakan    0

well i dont like the whipe part, from my experience there isnt that much hacked or duped stuff around but i really enjoy the more strict rules and whitelist alot

Skyth    0

Yeah wipe does seem unncessesary, but how about people forcing to keep their name, so if you are a bandit, you have to live with the concequences.

Seen to many times that people raid bases under other names :(

Sponge    0

There's no harm in trying it. If it reduces KOS and admin effort at the same time, then win/win.

Although if people are precious about their gear then why not just start fresh on RP2 and leave RP1 as it is?

nixon    0

Sounds good to me. But what will stop people from duping this time? Has anyone actually got banned for duping? Just curious.

Guest farbaute   
Guest farbaute

More strict rules on RP2 than RP1? How is that even possible?

No killing at all?

Scaef    0

I like the idea!

Slight problem I have with it though that donators appear in KoS reports almost as often as 'regular' players on this server. You've got my vote though!

RealSheriff    0

Whitelist is I guess much better than password. Passwords can be passed around by hackers, whitelist needs everyone to register. And its easy for the admins to see who in game player belongs to what forum account and vice versa.

Wipe - hmm might be slightly unconvenient though its not a big bother. Its fairly easy to go for new equip - I mean this game is all about getting equip. So go for it.

About seperating RP1 and RP2. I would say the only problem having them seperated might be the different server timezones (what makes playing on this or that unconvenient). It would be also interesting how donor-shop and servers work together. If I buy a skin(/vehicle) can i use it then on both servers?

PerfyNormal    0

Ideas.

1. Nickname is locked unless petitioned to be changed. If you change profile name and have the same GUID the server changes your name to what you used to have. The only way to change is to open a thread about it and ask for the change. This way hackers won't try and sneak around using new nicks thus making it harder to get caught.

2. IP checked. If someone gets banned from an IP and connect with a new GUID or PID from the same IP of a person banned for hacking, this person gets instantly banned again. The bad part is that a lot of people share connections.

3. Can only connect after signing up on forums. You fill in your PID/GUID when signing up and then the server will let you through if these matches. (Along with nickname to prevent impersonation)

With high traffic of sign ups from people wanting to play on the server, having to accept them all would take a lot of time. This is Dayz, people are con-artists or learn to be and coming up with a suitable "story" for why they should be granted access won't be hard for people.

Whitelist idea = fantastic

Guest [CB] =]H[= SergeantJP   
Guest [CB] =]H[= SergeantJP

Im all in favor, preferably as soon as possible

Leviathan    0

yep. I'd go for this as well. I am constantly thinking that the number of players who join only to be pain in the ass for a couple of sessions is way to high.

So, although it took me 2 f**ing weeks to get my gear together just by looting and raiding. No banditry, nearly no trading. A wipe would certainly hurt a lot, I mean A LOT! But I'd still support it IF you take a strict grip on the whitelist and be brutal with the banhammer.

no more hackers, dupers, script kiddies, KoSers? I'd gladly give my stuff away for this!

*sigh*

I mean admins doing a great job, but there's simply too much silly people around to hold them off without strict access rules.

do it!

Guest farbaute   
Guest farbaute

Leviathan: With that attitude you shouldn't be playing DayZ.

First of all, its an Alpha, which means you can lose your gear Anytime beacuse of bugs.

Be it spawn in debug or killed by a bush or something else stupid.

Second of all, it Is heavly PvP oriented. You will either get robbed or killed and lose all your gear.

Thats why its no meaning at all to get to attached to your gear.

Leviathan    0

Leviathan: With that attitude you shouldn't be playing DayZ.

First of all, its an Alpha, which means you can lose your gear Anytime beacuse of bugs.

Be it spawn in debug or killed by a bush or something else stupid.

Second of all, it Is heavly PvP oriented. You will either get robbed or killed and lose all your gear.

Thats why its no meaning at all to get to attached to your gear.

you see, I lost my gear a million of times due to bugs and KoS and such. I don't complain...at least not too much. But: If there's a way to reduce this silly hacking and such top a reasonable level I'd give my gear away, again. Just read the lines I wrote^^

not to be attached to your gear is certainly helpful. But not my way of playing^^

Guest Prometheus   
Guest Prometheus

Any point login again or wait until this happens?

fundutzi    0

I read with care Rolle`s suggestions.

Agree with all but one.

Splitting hives. I see risks here.

When server is full/ down due to maintenance etc, one cannot go online with character.

=> This is serious threat as I see it.

If indeed a more strict server is required, perhaps consider a third server.

I quote the well considered comments from “PerfyNormal”. This all to help make it more strict to join. This will surely reduce admin work post approval.

If at all an eBay rating system can be introduced to see whom introduced whom, this will hugely help. Perhaps we have the skills here in the community to make this work.