Jump to content
Server time: 2018-08-20, 03:08

Sign in to follow this  
Hunter

Youtube Publicity

Recommended Posts

So, I have been thinking about the idea and am curious as to your thoughts on the idea. Do you think that asking youtubers to play on our servers and make videos on it, or if it comes to it, to pay them to play and make videos on it is a good idea or a bad idea? Granted, if they were paid, I think it would be in the best interest to let them know that they are not bound to only say good things about the server and such, and to also let them know they are still bound to the same rules as everybody else.

Now of course, it would have to be Youtubers that actually will seriously role play and such like Mr. Moon and such. His DayZRP videos are so entertaining, and bring attention to the community.

I understand the negative connotations that would go with paying a Youtuber for publicity, but I think with the YouTube ad crisis right now, maybe finding some decent RP Youtubers to make videos to bring publicity wouldn't be such a bad idea? Nor as expensive either with the fact they need money. Just an idea. Opinions? Any ideas and thoughts, or additions to the thoughts above are welcome.

 

Share this post


Link to post

I do not believe in the idea with paying youtubers. Asking them to play on the servers would be fine sure, but I think that paying would bring negative publicity.

In the aspect we do pay them and they have a neutral viewpoint still in the video, it wouldn't feel real. I mean if we decided to give them money to play on the server people would just be able to say that the positivity that they will display in their video is just becuase we payed them to do say so.

Now ofcourse everyone wouldn't say this if we payed YouTubers but in my opinion it's a bad idea.

Edited by lukaszxe

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, lukaszxe said:

I do not believe in the idea with paying youtubers. Asking them to play on the servers would be fine sure, but I think that paying would bring negative publicity.

In the aspect we do pay them and they have a neutral viewpoint still in the video, it wouldn't feel real. I mean if we decided to give them money to play on the server people would just be able to say that the positivity that they will display in their video is just becuase we payed them to do say so.

Now ofcourse everyone wouldn't say this if payed YouTubers but in my opinion it's a bad idea.

Makes sense, maybe what if we asked them to mention at the beginning of the video that they were payed to play on the server and to make the video HOWEVER, any opinions they have on the server with their experience if they decide to talk about it is strictly their own, and not influenced in at all by us paying them. We are paying them for their services in making a video, not to influence their thoughts and ideas.

Share this post


Link to post

I still wonder why we haven't been covered by websites such as Kotaku.com yet.

I think we should aim for a little more exposure on other websites. Maybe banners or something like that instead of youtube vids.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Red said:

I still wonder why we haven't been covered by website such as Kotaku.com

I think we should aim for a little more exposure on other websites. Maybe banners or something like that instead of youtube vids.

Why not both? However, that is a nice idea that I completely overlooked!

Share this post


Link to post

We've already been after quite a few youtubers with dayz audiences. Trouble is no one wants to see dayz anymore. Everyone is tired of the game. Until Beta, I dont foresee much interested.

Share this post


Link to post

I think some youtubers have played here. I know Mr. Moon has played here, at least his movie "Heart of darkness" has a lot of footage from dayzrp. (I believe he was banned? I might be totally wrong here, but the movie is awesome!). Others like pony punch, kiwo and blizzhd has played here as well, I just think that it's the game itself that has lost a lot of interest. It's kind of in a slump at the moment, not necessarily dayzrp.

Edited by Ceps

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Keira said:

We've already been after quite a few youtubers with dayz audiences. Trouble is no one wants to see dayz anymore. Everyone is tired of the game. Until Beta, I dont foresee much interested.

 

Just now, Ceps said:

I think some youtubers have played here. I know Mr. Moon has played here, at least his movie "Heart of darkness" has a lot of footage from dayzrp. (I believe he was banned? I might be totally wrong here, but the movie is awesome!). Others like pony punch, kiwo and blizzhd has played here as well, I just think that it's the game itself that has lost a lot of interest. It's kind of in a slump at the moment.

Oh, yes DayZ has lost quite a bit of interest over time! Can't agree with both of you there more. But see, the thing is in Mr. Moons case (not sure if he is banned or not and what for if he is), a lot of people will play on the server he is making his videos on. Examples would be the rust server he created shortly after his "The Candleman" movie. Along with his ARK server and also his Conan Exiles server. He has a large following of people that like to RP, and as long as he makes videos on DayZRP, I'm sure his crowd would follow. Now of course, I know that sounds worrying about fanboys and such, but from actually playing on all these servers (except the Conan one), I can say that this isn't the case. A ton of people just do their own thing. They are just normal RP'ers.

Share this post


Link to post

Mr.Moon played on the server back in March and is not banned. He just has no interest in the game and neither does his viewers at this point. A crowd did not follow after this and his time is more valuable than views would come to DayZ videos.

Another thing with publicity comes the burden of responsibility on marketing DayZ. That burden falls on Bohemia Interactive as our little community here can only afford so much (and it is not our job to market the game, just the community and our server). We do have a banner on a DayZTV, a dayz fan-created website that gets hundreds of thousands of hits a month.

Edited by Keira

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Hunter said:

Oh, yes DayZ has lost quite a bit of interest over time! Can't agree with both of you there more. But see, the thing is in Mr. Moons case (not sure if he is banned or not and what for if he is), a lot of people will play on the server he is making his videos on. Examples would be the rust server he created shortly after his "The Candleman" movie. Along with his ARK server and also his Conan Exiles server. He has a large following of people that like to RP, and as long as he makes videos on DayZRP, I'm sure his crowd would follow. Now of course, I know that sounds worrying about fanboys and such, but from actually playing on all these servers (except the Conan one), I can say that this isn't the case. A ton of people just do their own thing. They are just normal RP'ers.

 

Yes, he definitely has a big following and provides quality rp along with the people he's playing with. I watch his streams occasionally and I've gotten the impression that he's done with dayz, at least for the time being. Also, the question about people making videos with situations played out on the server, I think it's fine. But to meet someone in game that you know is there with the main objective to drive his or her own story, and to make good content for the viewers who don't necessarily play or care about dayzrp, might affect how others RP in a negative way. For me it feels a bit like the content creator is using the community and it's players. Im not saying it's like that, but it's a thought.       

 

Share this post


Link to post
  1. If an influencer is being paid to do something, such as play on a server, they must disclose this. Usually it's with #ad
  2. There has been a massive release of new games throughout this year, very recently Ark and Destiny 2. Any content creator with a large following will likely be taking advantage of the relevancy of these games right now, likely delaying a large creator from coming here for a while.
  3. We are still probably the largest destination for DayZ roleplay and "non-public" server mentality. When DayZ relevancy picks back up, we should see more activity here as well, hopefully from content creators wanting to play here just due to the fact that their viewers will want to see it at that time.

Share this post


Link to post

As long as we don't invite back PSI Syndicate (God's Gift, apparently) who should be permabanned by now I'm fine with anyone else. ;) 

Edited by Rory

Share this post


Link to post

pay me 100 paypal and it will be

Share this post


Link to post

Like others mentioned I think we exhausted the possible channels of YouTubers that are/were interested in DayZ. @JimRP has made quite a few contacts with content creators over the last year. Until beta hits I don't think there is much that we can offer or provide to these content creators to create videos which would be interesting to their audiences. Unless of course it's a well planned story, like the videos Mr. Moon made. We just need to switch to PUBG RP, plenty of audience and players there ;)

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Oliv said:
  1. If an influencer is being paid to do something, such as play on a server, they must disclose this. Usually it's with #ad
  2. There has been a massive release of new games throughout this year, very recently Ark and Destiny 2. Any content creator with a large following will likely be taking advantage of the relevancy of these games right now, likely delaying a large creator from coming here for a while.
  3. We are still probably the largest destination for DayZ roleplay and "non-public" server mentality. When DayZ relevancy picks back up, we should see more activity here as well, hopefully from content creators wanting to play here just due to the fact that their viewers will want to see it at that time.

Yeah, other game releases are pretty big. I definitely know what you saying about the Destiny 2 relevancy right now ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Been pretty relevant for me past 4 or 5 days xD 

1 hour ago, Rolle said:

Like others mentioned I think we exhausted the possible channels of YouTubers that are/were interested in DayZ. @JimRP has made quite a few contacts with content creators over the last year. Until beta hits I don't think there is much that we can offer or provide to these content creators to create videos which would be interesting to their audiences. Unless of course it's a well planned story, like the videos Mr. Moon made. We just need to switch to PUBG RP, plenty of audience and players there ;)

Now all we need to do is contact Playerunkown and let him give you permissions to make a custom game. Then you can make the rules and modify the game spawns, and time and such, make a game and give us all the password to join it! Then we can all RP that we are all living our last time on Earth as the inevitable doom of the mysterious blue killing circle approaches! Eventually everybody pushed to the center, crying and praying to the gods we somehow angered that it stops!

#PUBGRP

CONFIRMED!

Share this post


Link to post

To be honest, I want it to be calm. We had like 3 waves when I've been active which has led to rulebreaks or WTF moments.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Rolle said:

Like others mentioned I think we exhausted the possible channels of YouTubers that are/were interested in DayZ. @JimRP has made quite a few contacts with content creators over the last year. Until beta hits I don't think there is much that we can offer or provide to these content creators to create videos which would be interesting to their audiences. Unless of course it's a well planned story, like the videos Mr. Moon made. We just need to switch to PUBG RP, plenty of audience and players there ;)

Should do some Star Wars RP tbh. Real Jar Jar Binks hours, hope another wave comes tbh it would be litty.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Mercy said:

To be honest, I want it to be calm. We had like 3 waves when I've been active which has led to rulebreaks or WTF moments.

Tbh without a wave ive been seeing WTF moments recently.

The game isnt fun for audiences anymore. Maybe when beta hits it will be but with how the servers have been recently would any youtuber or new member find anything exciting and fun to do on our servers?

Audiences want action and drama and as of late there doesnt seem to be much action.

Share this post


Link to post

A well made series from a popular content creator on our servers when .63 launches would probably be best positioned to take advantage of the renewed interest that will take place.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Rolle said:

PUBG RP

Not gonna lie, 

@Hebee and I put out some great BMX roleplay.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/11/2017 at 12:31 PM, Major said:

A well made series from a popular content creator on our servers when .63 launches would probably be best positioned to take advantage of the renewed interest that will take place.

I've been putting up videos pretty much since I joined this community.  Honestly, my biggest fanbase has been, well...this community.

When .63 drops, I will still be streaming, but you're not going to see an overlay anymore, as I am going to go for the @Roachesque variant of making a dramatic series on YouTube, most likely with Angus (if he's still alive).  Let's see what that does, eh?

Share this post


Link to post

When a new update to make DayZ relevant again comes out, YouTubers, streamers and their audiences will show interest again. Right now however, no one wants to play this shit other than the dedicated few like us. 

Share this post


Link to post

When beta and modding hit, I'm sure youtubers will be more eager to play DayZ and then maybe a popular youtuber could start a series or something, but until then I think we'll just have to wait and work with what we have in terms of publicity resources.

Share this post


Link to post

Well I am in contact with some streamers and some YouTubers and ask them to come along but the current state of the game they dont want to play. I have recently spoken to @Sam Fields about his trailer and I have msg serval facebook pages and groups to post the video and credit him which helps him get the views and brings more traffic to DayZRP. If you were to pay big YouTubers, such as Mr. Moon, @JimRP is the man who is in contact with these types of people so its up him I believe but correct me if I am wrong. But when beta comes. it will bring people back to the game and hopefully bring people back and bring new people to the server. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×