Server time: 2018-10-22, 04:41 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sandy

The Kelsey Brothers Boxing

The event is still going ahead as planned, added a screenshot of where it is on the map should be easy to find there are tents outside.

Please, everyone, keep your weapons holstered and only bring one. There are tents to store spare weapons but it is at your own risk.

Just now, Itsmez said:

Any chance you would do this event again? 

Probably not mate, it would appear a portion of the community doesn't want to see it happen.

Just now, Itsmez said:

Any chance you would do this event again? 

Probably depends what happens with regards to what just happened. I'd love to be able to host this properly at some point, without the interference.

10 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Probably not mate, it would appear a portion of the community doesn't want to see it happen.

I think you're confusing a distinct difference between the consequences of actions IC and a community "not wanting to see it happen OOC". The exact demands I wasn't there for, but I'm well aware this was in retaliation to the group hosting it causing hostility with our group. It makes sense for us to turn up at your event and crash things, it's a known place where we can find you and can be hostile with you. Like, you can't make 'enemies' and attack people and then complain when your plan goes tits up. 

I'm not going to say anything in regards to what actually, fully, happened IC because I wasnt there. I only know the context surrounding it.

Don't get me wrong I'd happily do the event again but after spending my time trying to get this off the ground for a good while then more time setting it up for tonight it's a bit demotivating. 

Spent most of my day getting the food, drink and medical supplies ready for this event. RIP 

4 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Don't get me wrong I'd happily do the event again but after spending my time trying to get this off the ground for a good while then more time setting it up for tonight it's a bit demotivating. 

bit of a shit move what happend to the event dude i hope you get a chance to do another one without the shit  but i guess the whole new way of hostile rp and not getting into firefirghts was just talk.

9 minutes ago, Para said:

I think you're confusing a distinct difference between the consequences of actions IC and a community "not wanting to see it happen OOC". The exact demands I wasn't there for, but I'm well aware this was in retaliation to the group hosting it causing hostility with out group. It makes sense for us to turn up at your event and crash things, it's a known place where we can find you and can be hostile with you. Like, you can't make 'enemies' and attack people and then complain when your plan goes tits up. 

I'm not going to say anything in regards to what actually, fully, happened IC because I wasnt there. I only know the context surrounding it.

So you would be the person to come and crash things? you do realise that this event was much bigger thing than the kelsey brothers only? People did go there to have fun, not only kelsey brothers but other individuals and they ruined it for them, i was staying up this late so i could participate this event that i was waiting for couple days. you should have little bit more thoughts when and where you crash. you could do that any other time

but @Sandy @Thoros and rest of the guys, hopefully you host this someday again. i was excited to get into the ring after someone of you overtalked me :D and had fun while it lasted, thanks !:)

Edited by Itsmez

1 minute ago, Itsmez said:

So you would be the person to come and crash things? you do realise that this event was much bigger thing than the kelsey brothers only? People did go there to have fun, not only kelsey brothers but other individuals and they ruined it for them, i was staying up this late so i could participate this event that i was waiting for couple days. you should have little bit more thoughts when and where you crash. you could do that any other time

The event was the only set place we knew where they'd be, one that we were informed of and initially invited to. Prior to it, that group was hostile with us. We turned up prior to the event to conduct business and make demands. As @Galaxy has just explained to me, all our attempts to make demands were met with "fuck off." Attempts to negotiate were met with hostility and things followed accordingly. Negotiations are a 2 way street, sure it didn't have to happen, but it was the only certainty we had for making negotiations with them. KB didn't do much to prevent the initiation happening, there are always 2 sides to it. I pose that you should have a little bit of thought for both sides of the coin instead of just pointing fingers.

5 minutes ago, Para said:

The event was the only set place we knew where they'd be, one that we were informed of and initially invited to. Prior to it, that group was hostile with us. We turned up prior to the event to conduct business and make demands. As @Galaxy has just explained to me, all our attempts to make demands were met with "fuck off." Attempts to negotiate were met with hostility and things followed accordingly. Negotiations are a 2 way street, sure it didn't have to happen, but it was the only certainty we had for making negotiations with them. KB didn't do much to prevent the initiation happening, there are always 2 sides to it. I pose that you should have a little bit of thought for both sides of the coin instead of just pointing fingers.

I understand why you intiated, and i think kelsey could have dealed with it better when you came, but you still could have dealed with other time. thats what im trying to say.

Im thinking this from our perspective who did go there to have fun with the event (outsiders from either party)

Edited by Itsmez

2 minutes ago, Para said:

KB didn't do much to prevent the initiation happening, there are always 2 sides to it. I pose that you should have a little bit of thought for both sides of the coin instead of just pointing fingers.

With all due respect, that's bullshit. You know the demand was ridiculous, you settled the beef with us in the firefight. I told your boys twice that everyone leaves beef outside of the event, and there's a chance we can negotiate later. Business was off the books for tonight. We're always at our manor so you can find us very easily without bombing our event.

Anyway, you guys know how you like to do things, and everyone has their opinion of that. Just please don't pretend that you're doing anything different to what you always do.

9 minutes ago, Thoros said:

-snip-

Para's probably one of the most reasonable people I know dude, I'd recommend a chit chat with him over TS instead of spewing accusations on the forums, if you need to work out your issue with how things went down, nothing good ever came of letting resentment grow where words and reason would lead to resolution :) 

2 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Para's probably one of the most reasonable people I know dude, I'd recommend a chit chat with him over TS instead of spewing accusations on the forums, if you need to work out your issue with how things went down, nothing good ever came of letting resentment grow where words and reason would lead to resolution :) 

I appreciate that I'm ever so slightly salty right now, but the thing is that they were the one that wiped us in a firefight. We had no intention of going hunting them for revenge, and it makes no sense that they would come for us. We gave them plenty of opportunity to avoid initiating, they act like that initiation is mandatory. There's no need to go on a witch hunt for us, especially when we're trying to make some fun stuff happen.

I honestly feel like when you have the slightest hostility with a group like this you're just going to end up doomed, as they're going to keep coming for you over and over. If they're willing to go for us during an event there's no time they wouldn't be willing to. Let me guess, they want compensating for the bullets they just used again? How many times is this cycle gonna rinse and repeat until it stops? 

A lot of people made IRL sacrifices for this event, not just the organisers but the attendees, and I think this shows a clear lack of respect for people. I'm sure Para's a decent guy, but he wasn't there and even the best of people are capable of making mistakes.

@Thoros I'm not gonna speak for their group, I'm sure they'll do that themselves later, but, as somebody who was there and in their comms at the time of the event, I can say that negotiation was the priority and initiations were not, at least from what I was hearing and the actions of everybody inside the TS. Again, I think you should set your personal feelings and apprehensions aside to go and have a chat, like Sandy did, but that's your decision.

Edited by Elmo

To Clarify What Lead up to This

I'm not a member of the K Bros but I did see what happened last night. A car was stopped so that the driver could be questioned. Upon realising that he was a member of the 'Red Letter' we apologised and let him continue on his way. Following this, there was a 15 minute RP session, which ended when an argument broke out between an associate of the KB and one of the Red Letters. The KB's then suggested a boxing match between the two complainants. This occurred the KB associate lost. An indication was dropped. KB lost. In my opinion, the issue was settled.  

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/222647099 - this is Dusty's Stream which shows what occurred so that you may draw your own conclusions.

Key Times

02:27:24 - Car is stopped

03:00:00 - Fistfight

03:05:50 - Indication 

Hello all,

I spoke to @Sandy OOCly, if any of you want to air your concerns be more than happy to poke me on TS and I can talk to you mediated or not. If not please leave it off the forums because it is just making more drama.

Thank you all!

Hang on a minute, I was there for the truck issue but my pc crashed. However watching this video did dusty just gun down two guys for no reason?

Timestamp:

03:08:00

3 minutes ago, Jeff Adams said:

Hang on a minute, I was there for the truck issue but my pc crashed. However watching this video did dusty just gun down two guys for no reason?

Timestamp:

03:08:00

Hang on, why do you care? The first person I killed was a mistake and they have graciously accepted my apology. The second one I killed had clearly pulled out a gun. 

9 minutes ago, Jack Rees-Mountbatten said:

To Clarify What Lead up to This

I'm not a member of the K Bros but I did see what happened last night. A car was stopped so that the driver could be questioned. Upon realising that he was a member of the 'Red Letter' we apologised and let him continue on his way. Following this, there was a 15 minute RP session, which ended when an argument broke out between an associate of the KB and one of the Red Letters. The KB's then suggested a boxing match between the two complainants. This occurred the KB associate lost. An indication was dropped. KB lost. In my opinion, the issue was settled.  

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/222647099 - this is Dusty's Stream which shows what occurred so that you may draw your own conclusions.

Key Times

02:27:24 - Car is stopped

03:00:00 - Fistfight

03:05:50 - Indication 

A car was not stopped. A car was INITIATED on. Then, instead of using any reason to find PVP like they so immaturely stated on our group thread, my guys walk up and RP with them to let me go with my things. 

Then when I demanded my radio back from the guy that took it, he dropped it on the ground for me to grab it, and then shot it with a shotgun when I went to grab it. We found them again later and spoke to them in Rogovo while they met us with more bullshit. They gave a halfassed apology to any issues I had, and then one of them agreed to a fistfight. I won the fistfight, but the situation was far from settled. Not only did two of their men almost hit me with their bullets in Vybor, they also initiated on me for no reason in Rogovo, and then shot my radio with a shotgun when I went to pick it up. So we initiated.

Edited by Dusty

Can I get this thread closed please its a bit off topic