Server time: 2017-09-25, 11:26

Rolle

Promotion

Rolle    2767

Doing some quality PR work. Jim has suggested idea about Steam name changing to me, I thought it sounded cool, so I wrote some code, added more things and am now releasing it for public testing now to see the impact of it.

PROMOTION PAGE
(Also accessible from under "Information" menu)

Promotion page is a system that will reward you for spreading the word about DayZRP community. Currently you can get rewards in 3 different ways:

1. Steam name
Change your Steam name to include phrase "DayZRP.com" (without quotes), then go to your DayZRP website profile, click on edit profile and enable Steam name tracking. You will start earning a point every 3 hours you have the name on. (this is automated and working OK)

2. Recruit new members
In your account settings you can find a referral link. If someone registers on the website using your link, you will receive some points. You will receive even more points if they successfully get whitelisted, play for some time on our servers or purchase a Premium rank. (this is being automated as we speak, you can still recruit people right now, but you won't receive the points for it until I'm finished later this week)

3. Content creation
If you create content you can receive points by sharing YouTube videos featuring gameplay on our servers. The amount of points depends on the amount of views your video gets. This process is currently manual and requires you to send in a video to me, in order to receive the points. Only videos uploaded from 2017-08-28 are eligible, you can't receive points for videos recorded or uploaded in the past.

Hopefully this will create some incentive for you to spread the word and at the same time get cool rewards and Premium ranks.

Oh and of course feel free to suggest reward values or different kinds of promotion that we could offer to you, as the Promotion page says, this is in beta and the reward values were chosen on a hunch of what would be appropriate, rather than something researched and balanced out.

Majoo    724

@Ramon way ahead of this thread being posted am right? xD 

I like this new "feature", and also the reward for it seems to be quite alright in my opinion. But i'm not against adding any other kind of rewards in there.

Ramon    359
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Majoo said:

@Ramon way ahead of this thread being posted am right? xD 

I like this new "feature", and also the reward for it seems to be quite alright in my opinion. But i'm not against adding any other kind of rewards in there.

I was stalking Rolle. :D 

7 minutes ago, Rolle said:

You and Ramon are my lab rats :D

For that reason, I did my name change on Steam yes. <3

The only downside of having DayZRP.com behind your steam name is that you can't join every server in some of the other Steam games.
But whole promotion thing is an excellent idea, Rolle ;)

Edited by Ramon

Stiflex    115

Sounds like a great way to get tycoon for free. Too bad I already have it. 

Will there be any point to collecting these points apart from getting name changes (which premiums already get) for tycoons?

Rolle    2767
10 minutes ago, Stiflex said:

Sounds like a great way to get tycoon for free. Too bad I already have it. 

Will there be any point to collecting these points apart from getting name changes (which premiums already get) for tycoons?

Gambling when I finish coding the DayZRP Blackjack.

Majoo    724
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Rolle said:

Gambling when I finish coding the DayZRP Blackjack.

Well that sounds interesting.

But what will you be able to get from the gambling?

Apart from i guess credit for premium (which for example i don't really have use for anymore)

Edited by Majoo

Galaxy    487
Posted (edited)

Pretty cool idea, nice to have something really fresh to the website. Nice work!

Edited by Galaxy

Rolle    2767

I just realized that if we give 1 point per hour of having Steam name set, one can get sponsor through the small subscription at no cost and have a little left over. We can't have that :D

Spartan    1169

It is a clever idea to get the name out there but it is kinda useless for the tycoons. As a whitename you can actively start gathering points to get that fancy yellow name or name change but a tycoon can't upgrade more. Since we got alot of tycoons in the community, there needs to be a benefit for the tycoons aswell to get the points.

Rolle    2767
11 minutes ago, Spartan said:

It is a clever idea to get the name out there but it is kinda useless for the tycoons. As a whitename you can actively start gathering points to get that fancy yellow name or name change but a tycoon can't upgrade more. Since we got alot of tycoons in the community, there needs to be a benefit for the tycoons aswell to get the points.

Feel free to suggest things :D

Harlow    32

Hopefully my calculations are correct.

56 points per week. So it takes you roughly 9 weeks (~2 months) of 'passive' promotion to earn 5 euros worth of points. In a broader scale, that's about 30 euros per year. Not bad for just having the DayZRP tag in your Steam name.

Galaxy    487

Maybe another way to get points is through competitions, aiming this more towards people who can't record like myself since my PC is a potato. Gives more players more reason to get in game and take some nice images edited for not or maybe have a competition for both. We just need someone to start one and keep up with it like every week, we could have like a "Screenshot" of the week and have it describe the RP situation and have the picture featured for the week with some runners up and a prize of promotion points. I think this will be beneficial for the community. This idea can also be taken to lore and story outlets as well for the more amatuer writers that keep up with stuff OOCly with their stories in the lore and stories thread.

Here are just some examples of what you can give these new points out for in competition;

> Screenshot of the week (Edited and unedited)

- Could be a theme or just a cool screenshots I know some community members so some really well dont ones

> Profile of the week

- Can be given for theme or just general lack of the profile and have people vote for the best one, so it's not just staff picking it it's the community 

I know these things have been done before but if we could find a person to reliably organise this every week, maybe a staff rank or like a new kind of forums staff rank to cover this, I don't want to deav to deep into this but like a rank like Community Leader..? Or something along those lines, this is rough and I don't want to suggest that here since people will ignore the rest of this.

Also i'm not sure the stand still on this but earning your way towards MVP, as a tycoon myself I wouldn't benefit as much as other from this system since i'm already there but maybe a way to get like a higher rank that has the same kind of way MVP works, but I see a downfall of this that it isn't worth as much as those who have already got it. Not fully suggesting it just putting it out there.

Just some ideas out there that I can think off the top of my head

Oh you already know I'm going to be banging out video's left and right. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Rolle said:

3. Content creation
If you create content you can receive points by sharing YouTube videos featuring gameplay on our servers. The amount of points depends on the amount of views your video gets. This process is currently manual and requires you to send in a video to me, in order to receive the points. Only videos uploaded from 2017-08-28 are eligible, you can't receive points for videos recorded or uploaded in the past.

Hllo Rolando, 

Does it have to be from In game? Or can content be made else where? Like you remember when I made this?:

Spoiler

And this

Spoiler

Would video's such as this not be allowed to gain points? 

Edited by Beni

Rolle    2767

Has to be in game content which showcases quality RP, we're not interested in promoting internal DayZRP memes or PvP videos.

1 minute ago, Rolle said:

Has to be in game content which showcases quality RP, we're not interested in promoting internal DayZRP memes or PvP videos.

Define quality RP? Just so I know what to make.... Because usually my video's on DayZRP were like this 

Ninja    189

Maybe have every 1000 points be a month of any premium rank of choice?

Randle    899

Can I get MVP from this?

Voodoo    452

Points make prizes i guess, but what if you are already at the top donation rank?

Rolle    2767
9 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Points make prizes i guess, but what if you are already at the top donation rank?

I'll create Premium Prestige :D Like in CoD, you start over at the bottom, but with higher base level, haha :D 

Eagle    403

This is pretty cool but I feel the views points need to be raised 1000+ views on any DayZ content is allot.

Macbrine    101

I like the idea of the referral system, I probably wont be a sellout and include that in my steam name but I would definitely hand out a referral link.

Need any help with that dank programming Rollando?

Watchman    401

Cool idea!

IAmJackBandit    60

Is there a way to see how many points one has?