Server time (UTC): 2019-11-22, 08:43
Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Kelsey Brothers Ltd.

59a05d20334f2_roselogoshrunk(2).png.d462d17624f0ef6d6a0df5778e1f3a5f.png

Theme

59edf7f37c56b_WHEREITALLBEGAN.png.8b2fdc2518413491f4c676b7dbb7fffd.png

Kelsey Brothers Limited was a company ran by two brothers; Lawrence and Tommy Kelsey. Originally founded in 2006 owning a medium sized pub in the north of England the brothers boosted their profits by dealing drugs from within the pub and as the criminal side of the organisation began to grow they moved onto harder crimes such as armed robbery and extortion. Over a 10 year period, the brothers took control of the entire drug market of their home city Leeds and ran a protection racket forcing many local businesses to pay tribute to them or face consequences.

Through a bit of charm and diplomacy as well as many well placed bribes the brothers managed to avoid much attention from the police and kept themselves and their gang members out of prison. Each of them served only short sentences for minor crimes during the early days as they built their criminal empire.

599f2e5c22585_polaroidcombo.thumb.png.e94ed462d32bb9915ee61d8507564d72.png    

chernarus.png.b256f1f5278fc1e4b6c062d3f502863a.png

In early 2017 the brothers were struggling to meet the demand for one of their biggest products - Heroin. After a long search for a supplier, they came in contact with a gang operating out of an Eastern European country by the name of Chernarus. The opium was produced in neighbouring Takistan and shipped through the coastal region of Chernarus know as South Zagoria. After a long series of negotiations lead by Tommy their first large shipment of Heroin was paid for half up front and expected in April of 2017.

When the shipment never showed the brothers expected the worse that they had been ripped off. The money mattered little to them but the loss of face for letting someone get away with screwing them could not be risked. Using their connections in the UK they tracked and captured the member of the Chernarussian gang operating in England before he could escape the country. After persuading him to give them a location to find the rest of his gang they disposed of him. Leaving their company in the trusted hands of their senior gang members, the two brothers travelled to South Zagoria seeking retribution for the crimes committed against them.

In the beginning of June 2017, Tommy and Lawrence were caught in the process of burning down the house with the majority of the gang that crossed them inside it. They were both incarcerated at a prison just outside South Zagoria and awaiting trial for murder. The future looked grim with the both looking at spending the rest of their lives in a cell in a foreign land.

59981d6a7ef13_combinedmugs.png.49a656b26798fa58b2d8f957b4d8af11.png

Mugshots of the Lawrence and Tommy took after their arrest in 2017

59edf7f2da839_theoutbreak.png.c697d2a1aea7ad77e65fb494c53dc1ed.png

The middle weeks of July 2017 when the infection began to hit Chernarus were for most the worst weeks imaginable. For two English brothers rotting in a Chernarussian prison, they were the luckiest days of their lives. In the chaos that came with the end, they managed to escape their imprisonment along with many of the other inmates. With neither of them speaking the native language they made few friends on the inside and therefore once they had their freedom they separated from their fellow prisoners and began to explore the region as a pair.

Once the state of civilization was clear to the brothers one key objective became clear in their minds. They would rebuild the empire they once had, the name Kelsey would come to mean something in this country, just as it had back in the North of England. They set out to find like minded individuals to recruit as new employees for their company and to rebuild the name Kelsey and the reputation that went with it. The first to join the Kelsey Brothers gang was a man named Jonny Five Aces.

With Jonny's help, Lawrence and Tommy began to rebuild their reputation. Using the large castle belonging to Jonny as their base of operations they began to push drugs on any survivors they saw as customers and carried out a series of violent robberies on unlucky individuals who disrespected them or had something they wanted. They began to rebuild the Empire they had in England, only this time there was no law to stand in their way, this meant only one this to the Kelsey brothers: There was no limit to their potential.

EVENTS.png.3a77f9aa74a1a621142b757e6cd49c53.png

We are currently running a fighting pit in Severograd which we open when we can find a few fighters. We also intend to run a scheduled series of fights as an event if we get people to sign up. See this thread for information.

https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/86436-wip-fight-night-rolling-monthly-events/

ROSTER.png.0570970c4cde56e2d65f93af04027379.png

OWNERS.png.92398639b7ead0afbf21c89598289a52.png

Lawrence Kelsey - @Sandy

Tommy Kelsey - @Thoros

MANAGEMENT.png.4745b67d34405b99309bc22e221169c9.png

Jonny Jackson (5 Aces) - @Spanners

ASSOCIATES.png.8bcc0f50d0d5c3b84bf480288ef89e36.png

Richard Rose (Smoke)  - @Pirate

Henry Mesrine - @Henry Mesrine

Juilian Friedhold - @Senore Dogg

Josh Edwards - @SlyKestrel

Ramsey Carson - @JonnyBain

contract.thumb.png.82135d9ddcd74f021f557541acfbe636.png

59edf7ed2fbc4_ICOBJECTIVES.png.c01098c9150668bd811e9b50179f5c43.png

• Take control of the drug market for South Zagoria
  • Run underground boxing matches and gambling rings
  • Weaken potential rivals and force them to operate under our terms
  • Protect our property in the area and force trespassers to pay tribute
  • Extort protection money from small settlements and groups
  • Establish the company name within the Region
  • Become powerful, wealthy and respected

59edf7efd0ee0_OOCOBJECTIVES.png.0fdb0a3e666fe5228214458a18b2baf3.png

• Provide Realistic criminal and gangster RP
  • Attempt to avoid  large-scale conflict without losing face IC
  • Try to extort supplies rather than go through the typical process of initiation and robbery on every victim
  • Develop the story of the group and its members

Recruitment: Open

Recruitment will be done primarily IC but if you wish to meet with us please PM Sandy with your application. We prefer people with at least 3 months experience in the community but are willing to make exceptions depending on how it goes IC. When meeting IC all employees are given a formal IC interview then put on a trial period before signing the contract and becoming a fully fledged member of the group, after this point breaking the terms of the contract will have serious IC consequences.

Spoiler

Application Template

How long have you been in the community:

Link to character:

Hours in DayZ:

Estimate of how many hours in DayZRP:

Experience in hostile RP:

Why do you think your character would want to work for us:

Lore and Graphics were all created by Sandy and Thoros.

Edited by Sandy

Hype my dude, maybe work on the logo a bit though? Also you'll need to fill up the minimum requirement of 5 members on your roster pronto, or risk having this archived. Any group idea risks being archived if it's posted here and is still WIP.

6 minutes ago, Petrovsky said:

Hype my dude, maybe work on the logo a bit though? Also you'll need to fill up the minimum requirement of 5 members on your roster pronto, or risk having this archived. Any group idea risks being archived if it's posted here and is still WIP.

We've been trying to recruit IG but not had much luck and due to me having a break from the community for over a year I don't really know many people. Was hoping dropping the thread would manage to gain some interest so we can get a few more members.

Will look into the logo but neither of us are amazing with graphics and we didn't really have many ideas for a Logo since criminal organisations don't really have logos.

Thanks for the feedback buddy.

Someone's been watching Legend. Haha what an interesting movie, good luck with this!

28 minutes ago, Glitch said:

Someone's been watching Legend. Haha what an interesting movie, good luck with this!

Haha, we actually started these characters before either of us had even heard of the Krey twins. 

1 hour ago, Petrovsky said:

Have a look now, updated for you.

44 minutes ago, jaba305 said:

Haha, we actually started these characters before either of us had even heard of the Krey twins. 

Have a look now, updated for you.

Much better, looks dope.

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

We've been trying to recruit IG but not had much luck and due to me having a break from the community for over a year I don't really know many people. Was hoping dropping the thread would manage to gain some interest so we can get a few more members.

Yeah that's fair, just a heads up. You might wanna try doing more proactive recruitment IG, get a good stock of a dynamic group or several other mates, then make the thread. You can still have it primed and ready to go, just not public. Regardless, good luck with this.

Two English-men operating in a run-down former East-Bloc country? Makes sense I guess. The nationalistic Chernarussian / Slavic mafias must have no problem with foreign criminals operating in their territory. No offense, but I've seen this half a dozen times with pretty much the same backstory, just replace the nationalities with Italian or Italian American. Not to mention the fact that most gangs are used by larger criminal organisations such as mafias and cartels as proxies. The fallout that would follow after killing an ENTIRE Chernarussian gang would have several Chernarussian mafia hit-men after you.

Given the political environment of most former countries that belonged to the Soviet Union these same mafias would most likely have some O.R.E.L. operators and other high ranking and highly trained men on their payroll so even if you were caught they would most likely hand you over to whichever criminal organisation was using the gang to being with. But let's say that you managed to get caught and incarcerated instead. Do you really think that the gang had no allies or past members? You'd most likely be shanked by a large group of men in the prison due to killing off all of their buddies. 

I'm not trying to sound harsh or anything but if you wanted to do something different perhaps try making a Chernarussian or perhaps even Russian criminal group. Hell, just a Slavic one would be nice. It would make a lot more sense, would fit better given the playing environment, and people would probably like it as I know quite a few others who would like to see a good Chernarussian / Slavic mafia or a Chernarussian / Slavic criminal organisation.

Edited by Zero

29 minutes ago, Zero said:

Two English-men operating in a run-down former East-Bloc country? Makes sense I guess. The nationalistic Chernarussian / Slavic mafias must have no problem with foreign criminals operating in their territory. No offense, but I've seen this half a dozen times with pretty much the same backstory, just replace the nationalities with Italian or Italian American. Not to mention the fact that most gangs are used by larger criminal organisations such as mafias and cartels as proxies. The fallout that would follow after killing an ENTIRE Chernarussian gang would have several Chernarussian mafia hit-men after you.

Given the political environment of most former countries that belonged to the Soviet Union these same mafias would most likely have some O.R.E.L. operators and other high ranking and highly trained men on their payroll so even if you were caught they would most likely hand you over to whichever criminal organisation was using the gang to being with. But let's say that you managed to get caught and incarcerated instead. Do you really think that the gang had no allies or past members? You'd most likely be shanked by a large group of men in the prison due to killing off all of their buddies. 

I'm not trying to sound harsh or anything but if you wanted to do something different perhaps try making a Chernarussian or perhaps even Russian criminal group. Hell, just a Slavic one would be nice. It would make a lot more sense, would fit better given the playing environment, and people would probably like it as I know quite a few others who would like to see a good Chernarussian / Slavic mafia or a Chernarussian / Slavic criminal organisation.

I know where you are coming from for an originality point of view but in the time this community has run most group ideas have been done, it's hard to be 100% original. What makes us different is the way we will try RP, something which I haven't seen much of before since most organised crime groups aren't much different to a bandit clan. Ill address the other points you have made too.

Firstly regarding the lore. we have a full detailed backstory for our characters which we plan to post in the Lore and Stories section, we are just waiting for the lore on prison island from the lore masters to complete it. This should clarify why what you explained above didn't happen and why we survived in prison. The sort version is we were never operating in Chernarus as you said, we set up a deal with a Chernarussian gang which went wrong so we retaliated violently ,quite a realistic response in the organised crime world. This is all explained in the lore. The hit on the gang was meant to be a quick hit and leave the country job but we were caught and sent to prison. The time in prison was obviously rough due to others inside being connected to the people we killed like you said. Lets not forget though that we were in prison for under a month, the WIP story will explain how we spent most of our time in solitary and hospital where other prisoners cant touch us and a month is not a long time for people on the inside to organise a hit to kill 2 prisoners, especially when they think they will have a very long time to carry out the hit.

Regarding us being English, we currently have 2 members. Both members are leaders and brothers who were organised criminals in the UK and by bad luck happened to be in Chernarus when the infection hit. We are looking to recruit people of any nationality since we are essentially re-building our company/gang in a new country. I know dropping the thread with 2 members isn't ideal but as I previously said we made the move to try gain some members and generate some interest.

I know the lore isn't in great detail but I feel like you have jumped to a few conclusions (no flame intended) and we do have detailed backstories and explanations for exactly how these unlikely circumstances came to be about. This group has been in the planning since before the lore wipe and we have played the characters in both the past lore and the new to try and figure out the best way to play them. Other than the small roster I honestly can say I haven't done this half cocked but everything the group has to offer is obviously not on display here.

I hope that can clear up some of the points you raised, if you need any further clarification I'd be happy to try explain but please understand I'm not just gunna throw out a half completed lore thread to try explain a group idea.

Hope this works out for you guys, always have my support when I'm not at the pub!

Welcome to our new employee  @Acu20.

It has been a week and you still do not have enough members to support this group. Because of this we will be archiving this group. Should you find more people and wish to revisit this contact a Mod +

/archiving 

Updated the roster so we don't get shut down again,:( will be updating objectives and lore soon when I get a chance.

Best of luck this time around. 

59 minutes ago, Ark said:

Best of luck this time around. 

Cheers, the thread's now been updated with more info. 

It would be good to see the headers in a graphic form. Also, the event, I'd make a hyperlink of that. It would look better.

Goodluck 

Have updated headers to graphics as suggested. Any further feedback is welcome.

Please add : @JonnyBain  @OnionRingOfDoom as associates, bozz.

Looks good, only got a couple things. No foreigners would be placed in the prison island, much less for what your characters had done. The goals look good, I just hope you actually stay around long enough to carry them out, as lots of groups like this have come up and faded. This one does look quite good though.

Also, your leader hasn't played in 2 weeks. What's up with that?

8 hours ago, Major said:

Looks good, only got a couple things. No foreigners would be placed in the prison island, much less for what your characters had done. The goals look good, I just hope you actually stay around long enough to carry them out, as lots of groups like this have come up and faded. This one does look quite good though.

Thanks for the heads up, we'll get on to sorting that straight away. We've been around since the lore wipe and we're only getting bigger, and we're getting close to achieving some of the goals. 

Sandy has been away with real life commitments however that's due to change soon. 

Shut up @Thoros and stop lying sandy died 2 weeks ago and you know it, time 2 face the truth

13 hours ago, Major said:

Lore is updated to say we were in a prison in another part of Chernarus outside of South Zagoria. Like Thoros said we've been on these characters since the lore wipe and intend to stick and it and push the group towards our goals and avoid being a typical bandit group. I haven't been able to get IG due to been away with work for a few weeks but I'll be back soon, in the meantime the group has been in the capable hands of Spanners and Thoros.

Just an update from me;

Jack Bullshaw was murdered last night unexpectedly.

1 minute ago, OnionRingOfDoom said:

Just an update from me;

Jack Bullshaw was murdered last night unexpectedly.

RiP the Employee I never knew, just PM me when you have a new character. You still have to meet the bosses and do the interview and contract signing and all the fun IC stuff we do so we can get that done when I get back IG.