Server time: 2017-11-18, 21:24

ThatOneEngie

Character yells on login with no bone damage

Question

As the title says, I dunno why it does it, and I know that last time it did, I ended up dying with one schwack from a zombie and losing everything.
This happen to anybody else?

13 answers to this question

Just make sure you pop some morphine and splint yourself after running around for hours. DayZ is still real buggy sometimes so just going down a rock can "sprain your ankle" and weaken your bone stat even more

there is a video about how to constantly make sure your character is in tip top shape but I can't be assed to find it.

I'll dig through some of the older topics to see if anyone has resolved a similar issue. In the meantime, I would recommend using a split or morphine + epinephrine and making sure you are light green energized and light green hydrated to make sure you become light green healthy. That will give you the best chance of making sure you are in good enough shape to withstand a zombie whack without being one shotted. 

Aight, thanks. It seems like it happens whenever my character is alive for too long lol. But yeah, I'll use morphine and a splint and a epi pen and hope my character doesn't just implode

Pretty sure its spinal damage. If you have a character who constantly takes damage, even though you heal yourself the characters health still declines in the background which leads to 'dying with one schwack from a zombie'.

6 minutes ago, ThatOneEngie said:

Can I fix that?

A quick bullet to the head should suffice :D

I will Google it when I get home from work to see if someone has found a solution but as far as I am aware though you have too simply die.

I had it a while back aswell. I watched some youtube videos that told me to use a splint after each time infected hit me. It might seem a bit much but everytime I've been hit by infected alot, I used one or two splints and  I never had the problem again.

1 hour ago, Stradic said:

Pretty sure its spinal damage. If you have a character who constantly takes damage, even though you heal yourself the characters health still declines in the background which leads to 'dying with one schwack from a zombie'.

Confirmed not that, I've got the Healthy status.

Yes, I believe this is a common glitch (as far as I know) I call it a "ghost fracture" The only way that I am fully aware that will always fix it is to respawn. But i am not sure.

I had that issue about 2 weeks ago, as well.  Didn't find any fixes for it after searching through google and youtube.  I tried the splint after every zombie attack trick, didn't work.  Managed to get myself (FINALLY) to healthy status, and a zombie one-shotted me.  So, @Spartan, seems you got lucky, or I got unlucky. lol

Hello @ThatOneEngie!

Did you try to apply a splint or use a stick of morphine, did it work?

Whenever you have a rough time with zomz always splint or morphin after, I'm always paranoid because they can one hit you when your "spine" is weakened after so many hits, I usually splint after getting in fist fights or hit by a zom more then 3 times. My recommendation is to be paranoid about it because I had it happen to me once but never again after.

On 8/14/2017 at 9:11 PM, ThatOneEngie said:

Confirmed not that, I've got the Healthy status.

To answer your question the 'Spinal' stat is an invisible stat that you do not see, but does not start to heal until you get Healthy status. Keep that status long enough and you will never get to the groan in pain at log in. However the groan in login is caused by catastrophic damage to the spine usually depicted as a flash red and a groan when hit as compared to the standard white flash. It will take a substantial amount of time as healthy to recover from it, all the while staying light green on energized and hydrated.

This used to /not/ be fixable which is where all the rumors such as splinting and using morphine come from, but the devs finally aknowledged the stat back in... .59 I believe, and made it so that you heal from it slowly while in the healthy status (which is indicative of full blood and health). That being said due to the amount of time that it takes to recover from, it is still more advisable to just take a bullet to the head and restart.