Server time: 2018-08-15, 04:55 WE ARE RECRUITING

Max

Escape From Tarkov - BETA

eft5.png.36c17bac914e221b4d4353a6d6fab52e.png

Escape From Tarkov just hit Beta stage a few days ago, is anyone else enjoying it so far?

-

-

If you are unfamiliar with the game/story, feel free to check out some of this:

"Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator with MMO features and a story-driven walkthrough.

With each passing day the situation in the Norvinsk region grows more and more complicated. Incessant warfare in Tarkov has sparked massive panic; the local population has fled the city, but those who stayed are looking to improve their fortunes at the expense of others. Having accepted the new reality, savage Tarkov locals - "Scavs" flocked into well-armed gangs and started the redivision of the city. Nowadays, Tarkov is separated by unseen borders, controlled by different groups. Gain-greedy gunmen would go to any length to have their way, including the murder of civilians and direct confrontation with the two private military companies.

The players will have to experience living in the skin of one of the mercenaries who survived the initial stage of the Tarkov conflict. After choosing one of the sides – USEC or BEAR – the player’s character starts to make his way out of the city. Tarkov is sealed off by UN and Russian military, supply chains are cut, communication with operational command is lost, and in these conditions everyone has to make his own choices of what to do and how to get out of the chaos-ridden metropolis."

Edited by Max

So.. if i buy it now, I can play?

Just now, JDoberman said:

So.. if i buy it now, I can play?

Not quite, they are letting people in through "waves". So for example, if you bought the game a month ago and someone else bought it a week ago, the one who purchased it earlier will get in earlier. So if you were to buy it now, I'd say it might take about a week or two for you to get access.

I bought it a bit over a month ago and got access a few days ago, when Beta first released.

5 minutes ago, Max said:

Not quite, they are letting people in through "waves". So for example, if you bought the game a month ago and someone else bought it a week ago, the one who purchased it earlier will get in earlier. So if you were to buy it now, I'd say it might take about a week or two for you to get access.

I bought it a bit over a month ago and got access a few days ago, when Beta first released.

Are the packages other than the Standard Edition worth getting?

Short question that always kinda confused me about Tarkov - Is it a big open map where different levels are directly connected with each other (Like in the Stalker-games f.e.) or are we talking about arena-like-levels without any connection to each other?

Just now, JDoberman said:

Honestly, it's much of a personal thing. I got the Standard Edition and I'm happy with it, but if you have the extra money to spend and if you like the exclusives - why not

4 minutes ago, JDoberman said:

I would be on the side of personally saying no. I paid like 150 for it to have instant access and has been nothing but a let down mostly to me. However, I am looking forward to trying it now that is hit beta.

8 minutes ago, Malet said:

Short question that always kinda confused me about Tarkov - Is it a big open map where different levels are directly connected with each other (Like in the Stalker-games f.e.) or are we talking about arena-like-levels without any connection to each other?

For now, there are multiple smaller maps 'cut-off' from each other. There are many sayings that once the game is finished, all these tiny areas will be merged into one big map. Here's to give you an idea:

escapemap.jpg.d4c129e225c7b7feaf4cea60de36d612.jpg

Edited by Max

3 minutes ago, Max said:

For now, there are multiple smaller maps 'cut-off' from each other. There are many sayings that once everything is completed, all these tinier areas will be merged into one big map. Here's to give you an idea:

escapemap.jpg.d4c129e225c7b7feaf4cea60de36d612.jpg

I'll buy it if I can get some bois to play with me.

I just downloaded it, super excited for it

Someone can buy me it then I'll carry you.

Xoxo

Purchased, I should be in the beta by August 5th. Play some time?

I'm just waiting for my PC and I'll be on this game in full swing, it feels a lot darker and harder that DayZ and I love it

Idk tbh I just don't have any interest in this project... I've seen a lot of content from this game but it seems like meh

also you're not the real Max

Ive been playing it for a couple days. Im loving it even though im only able to play the offline mode (my net is SHIT right now).

Ive spent all my in-game cash on bad decisions but Ive  got myself a AK-74N so I can get some good practice in. :D
Ive been dieing alot, but its still lots of fun.

6 hours ago, Kevin said:

Idk tbh I just don't have any interest in this project... I've seen a lot of content from this game but it seems like meh

also you're not the real Max

To me, this is a game that I feel is much more enjoyable when actually playing rather than watching.

Also, no I guess I'm not "the real Max", but I'm still Max. xD

I have watched a couple of videos on this I will definitely pick it up when there's more content. 

legit can't any loot, i cant get out of factory. jesus halp.

First day was rough to say the least, I have a long road ahead of me.

I was doing good until boom. 1 shot headshot. rip me. Factory is hard.

1 hour ago, JDoberman said:

legit can't any loot, i cant get out of factory. jesus halp.

1 hour ago, PCJames said:

First day was rough to say the least, I have a long road ahead of me.

The best way to quickly start learning to eventually get good gear is to go into Offline Mode and learn the maps (spawns, extraction zones, etc), after that you can try PvE in Offline Mode and start practicing against Scavs.

Btw, at the moment the AI are generally difficult to fight against. They just changed them now in Beta and they will be changed and improved again.

If you dont feel like risking your gear you can play in SCAV mode, this way you have the chance to get some good supplies once an hour and you dont risk anything from your personal stash.

Youve also got a small chance to start with a really nice gun ;D

Just got the game and could use a group, anyone here wants to squad up?