Server time (UTC): 2020-01-25, 04:02 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Major

Ask the LMs about the Lore!

12 hours ago, Major said:

Tisy in Soviet times was an early warning station for nuclear missile attack, hence the radar array and radio station. The bunker there serves a rather nefarious purpose that will be expanded upon in the future. Those big ramp looking things are for placement of surface to air missile systems or SAMs (put a pic below), but they can also double for usable as a landing pad. In our Outbreak those systems would have been withdrawn as the CDF retreated. The CDF uses Tisy as a border post and a strongpoint for housing tanks, troops, and lots of radio/radar stuff used for dealing with Russian on the electronic warfare side of things. 

Here are some of the CDF units based there (subject to some change).

So since the CDF has withdrawn those units listed are no longer there?

2 hours ago, Greener161 said:

So since the CDF has withdrawn those units listed are no longer there?

Well, yes. The base is abandoned. Those units (what is left of them) are on Utes Island and in Miroslavl.

5 minutes ago, Major said:

Well, yes. The base is abandoned. Those units (what is left of them) are on Utes Island and in Miroslavl.

Is there a full list of CDF units as I'm curious about writing one of them into my backstory and future reference if I make a CDF character.

2 minutes ago, Greener161 said:

Is there a full list of CDF units as I'm curious about writing one of them into my backstory and future reference if I make a CDF character.

Yes there is. I need to do a bit of work on it but ill shoot you a pm.

Quick question, just trying to understand a bit more of chernaruses geography.

are you going by this for the oblasts 

ChernarusMapSections.png.1bcf90c04b4d7466ad77c8135e69252f.png

Or this.
rYtm0y8.jpg.0440b931c6d09cacea80722b8cc38797.jpg

On 4/5/2018 at 4:53 PM, UncleB said:

Quick question, just trying to understand a bit more of chernaruses geography.

are you going by this for the oblasts 

ChernarusMapSections.png.1bcf90c04b4d7466ad77c8135e69252f.png

Or this.
rYtm0y8.jpg.0440b931c6d09cacea80722b8cc38797.jpg

We have only (so far) gone by three but we might go to this for the Encyclopedia.

17 hours ago, Major said:

We have only (so far) gone by three but we might go to this for the Encyclopedia.

Personally, I would enjoy that very much if you did make the transition to the more advanced oblast layout, along with the road maps.
As "official" as the three oblast only lay out is, the more advanced road map and oblast layout seems to suit your lore threads more(hence why I asked).
As well people like myself who role play going out of south zagoria can give more precise locations on where we went("I Followed the severno oblast border, till I hit the river that links severno to miroslav and the sea" .).
I gladly will back your transition to the more advance oblast layout, it fits better.    

I'd also like to know what military units were created so far so I can weave in that particular unit into the character lore or background better. Specifically anything with an NBC or CRBN background as my character was in such a unit. It would also be interesting to know if such a unit was officially stationed at ground zero and possibly involved, not that my character would've been part of it of course. Given the nature or lethality of the virus or disease and Russians I can imagine it was rather hush hush or maybe not all units or personnel were informed of everything. 

Some other questions. 

Assuming they were also in that position before and during the outbreak, aka are the original ones:

Who are the ministers of the interior and defence, respectively, and are both in Miroslavl or other places? 

Edited by Combine

6 hours ago, Combine said:

I'd also like to know what military units were created so far so I can weave in that particular unit into the character lore or background better. Specifically anything with an NBC or CRBN background as my character was in such a unit. It would also be interesting to know if such a unit was officially stationed at ground zero and possibly involved, not that my character would've been part of it of course. Given the nature or lethality of the virus or disease and Russians I can imagine it was rather hush hush or maybe not all units or personnel were informed of everything. 

Some other questions. 

Assuming they were also in that position before and during the outbreak, aka are the original ones:

Who are the ministers of the interior and defence, respectively, and are both in Miroslavl or other places? 

There are a couple CRBN units in the current WIP ORBAT, but you'll just have to wait once the Encyclopedia is done. No CRBN units were at ground zero. As far as all the different ministers that will come later too, but currently in the Lore Primorsk is the de-facto capital, even if there are still some forces in Novigrad. 

Hi @Majorand @PCJames,

What were the circumstanes of Chernarus' breakaway from the Soviet Union?

Also, do you have a list of current government ministers?

___

Seperate question: As for the encyclopedia: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Chernarus

Edited by Sylva

47 minutes ago, Sylva said:

Hi @Majorand @PCJames,

What were the circumstanes of Chernarus' breakaway from the Soviet Union?

Also, do you have a list of current government ministers?

___

Seperate question: As for the encyclopedia: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Chernarus

Check the encyclopedia in the old lore section.

Already said I don't have a list.

Reviving this thread as Loremasters are back.

Ask away!

Who's the interior minister, assuming they did not consolidate or change the classic system used before this bio weapon got out? 

Likewise for CDFers a defense minister might be useful. 

Assuming any prior info to be outdated; if not, just refer to it.... or make up two names ?

What are your plans for the continuation off the lore?

Edited by Eagle

Why is Russia trying to influence a small country like Chernarus instead of fighting the infection and trying to keep their own country united? I assume they have as big of problems as anyone else.

Is it possible to start lore sections on different safe zones to help people build character backgrounds for chars who spent time outside of SZ? For example an in-depth look at Belozersk, Novigrad, the UN safe zone in Primorsk (I think) and maybe other areas.

Is a lorewipe planned for the not so far future or is the plan to continue with this lore?

Do we have a event that brings all these slimy foreigners into the beautiful pure country? If no, we should create for the next wipe, a large event that would bring all these outside people into the fucked up country. Such as a major concert or festival that would bring not only metal heads but people who wanted to see the other attractions that follow the festival. Idk, something that gives a better excuse than a cheap vacation or got lost on a boat. 

18 minutes ago, FireDude said:

Do we have a event that brings all these slimy foreigners into the beautiful pure country? If no, we should create for the next wipe, a large event that would bring all these outside people into the fucked up country. Such as a major concert or festival that would bring not only metal heads but people who wanted to see the other attractions that follow the festival. Idk, something that gives a better excuse than a cheap vacation or got lost on a boat. 

"My plane crashed here" lots of people survived that place crash at the NWAF I tell you

15 minutes ago, Biiddy said:

"My plane crashed here" lots of people survived that place crash at the NWAF I tell you

Yep everyone was in a bloody military C-130 cause America! My private jet is a Damn C-130!

We came earlier to go hunting, glad our plane didn't crash. It actually seems to be a trend that like, 60% of the foreigners came here jacked up on redbull and dual-wielding machine guns, with their PMC logo tattooed on their foreheads. 

Well currently it's #gunfireRP

I do think it was a cool coincidence that the zombies grew stronger as the LM's started doing this radiation thing, lots of RP chatting about if the radiation changed the zeds.

20 minutes ago, Cherryfeather said:

lots of RP chatting about if the radiation changed the zeds.

I'm glad we are doing some really dope stuff with the Russian and Rad shit. It really adds some injected RP background that moves story around. 

15 hours ago, Combine said:

Who's the interior minister, assuming they did not consolidate or change the classic system used before this bio weapon got out? 

Likewise for CDFers a defense minister might be useful. 

Assuming any prior info to be outdated; if not, just refer to it.... or make up two names ?

All that stuff that is specific and extremely detailed and is gonna be under the updated Book of Chernarus. That's not really that important now given what we have going on.

14 hours ago, Eagle said:

What are your plans for the continuation off the lore?

New factions and new ideas mainly. 

We have had a lot of the same, both from the playerbase and from staff so I want to shake things up a bit and utilize tools and new features to progress the Lore in new ways. I basically want to use new features to implement freshness, while listening to what people in the community want and trying to improve their overall experience from the time they log in to the time they leave. 

New factions will be brought in to pursue their own storyline and carry everybody else with them, or they might simply give quests to survivors for stuff that they can do and accomplish.

9 hours ago, Grimnir said:

Why is Russia trying to influence a small country like Chernarus instead of fighting the infection and trying to keep their own country united? I assume they have as big of problems as anyone else.

Is it possible to start lore sections on different safe zones to help people build character backgrounds for chars who spent time outside of SZ? For example an in-depth look at Belozersk, Novigrad, the UN safe zone in Primorsk (I think) and maybe other areas.

Is a lorewipe planned for the not so far future or is the plan to continue with this lore?

They do have as big problems as anyone else, but you have to keep in mind that what goes on in Moscow and what the loyalist generals and technocrats and oligarchs that have arrayed themselves around want is greatly removed from Chernarus. All of the loyalist military forces and security forces and the civilians that cling to the idea of the state are separated by hundreds of miles and have their own levels of responsibility and independence to take actions to uphold the system. Vladimir Putin - might - sign off on one or two things regarding Chernarus, but in the Southern Military region those responsible have specified jobs and limited resources. The Chernarussian border needs to be defended. The Chedaki coup failed in Belozersk, and they now hold the Black Mountains. The BPR has made an agreement with the Chernarussian government. So there are lots of people they don't want to let in.

If they can make Chernarus unlivable then they don't have to dedicate troops to defend the border. It's that simple. If the water supplies are radioactive then everybody gets sick and dies.

I can start Lore sections on those other locations, events are the focus currently but yes that can be done. I have wanted to do in-depth looks for all that.

NO planned Lorewipe. Rolle's last word on this is that we will re-evaluate once the game has changed more this summer.

7 hours ago, FireDude said:

Yes we do. Namely cheap tourism, the cruise ship that went down, and the various Russian sports events that were going on at the time. People can get creative.

What is generally going on in the Caucasus region of the world? I'd like a quick summary of what happened to it during these past 2 years, who was in charge, any new nation states during the years? etc. etc. From Armenia to Southern Russia, I wanna know a quick rundown before I start spewing off things IC that didn't actually happen.