Server time (UTC): 2019-12-08, 09:19 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Marcoooz

Post-lorewipe - Have you enjoyed it so far?

Has the lorewipe made DayZRP interesting once more, or is it the same old, same old?  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, HarveyJ said:

Honestly, it's a very depressing setting, and I love it for that, let's be honest in saying that would be the most realistic scenario given the circumstances. 

Well said. I've heard folk complaining about things being chaotic and disorienting, but like you said, it would probably be like that, especially with the rest of the world probably dealing with their own issues at the moment. It's quite immersive, if you decide to ignore the forum side of things.

21 minutes ago, Keione said:

i wouldn't be too quick on the eaten alive part.. shit's crazy out here 

Well now there are enough good guys online (for NATO at least) we're properly roleplaying and could stand up against those crazy fuckers.

Yeah, I have loved it so far. Far more enjoyable now to play than before.

It's been fun to experience the outbreak from the beginning (i didn't get the chance last lore). Everything is developing interestingly IC. Only concerned about a few groups jumping into things a bit fast, so soon after the outbreak which i don't particularly find too realistic baring in mind the circumstances. Only my opinion though, otherwise its all going gucci.  

11/10 would wipe lore again

13 hours ago, SillyGoose said:

Laving itttt so far. Even though I have only played 2 days. Only had good experiences (except for that one dude who didn't understand that it was the beginning of an apocalypse). 

It got me back into playing and interested in dayz and dayzrp again.

I hope it will be a while before people start acting like they did before.

It may be a while, or may not but either way I think even if things do become more settled down, this lore is going to be better. I just feel it provides more, I don't know of what exactly but I have been seeing some good groups and cool ideas.

13 hours ago, Spartan said:

Yeah love the RP I've been having. i have my doubts that it will stay like this for a long time but I'm enjoying it while it lasts

I feel it will only get better. By the time people act settled in I feel will be around beta, and beta will hopefully bring good things. But as I said, I feel this lore provides something good and I think no matter the stage of the apocalypse there will be a lot of good fun to come.

I'm having a blast.

I have found its a lot of new interesting rp, but personally i hate what for characters to develop i feel like a lot of characters are in the boring stage were the world hasn't changed them yet. They are still good and innocent, they miss old shit. But other than that it has been fresh rp no more getting robbed all day. Its a nice change that will get better as character develop.

Can't really say because I have yet to meet anyone in game. As always had problem with that but seeing as other people enjoy it so far I'm full of hope. :)

2 hours ago, Tewudin said:

Can't really say because I have yet to meet anyone in game. As always had problem with that but seeing as other people enjoy it so far I'm full of hope. :)

I know your pain on that front. Unless you deliberately seek out the locations of the "hotspot of the day" OOC'ly, it can be pretty difficult finding players at times. Of course, the triangle almost always provides, but it is always 50/50 if it provides you with bad or good RP.

43 minutes ago, Marcunt said:

I know your pain on that front. Unless you deliberately seek out the locations of the "hotspot of the day" OOC'ly, it can be pretty difficult finding players at times. Of course, the triangle almost always provides, but it is always 50/50 if it provides you with bad or good RP.

Oh we know that too well.

I'm having a lot of fun, everybody I've met (bar 1-2 idiotic experiences) has taken their roleplay seriously and performed it really well. Honestly, beyond some of the weird rumours I've heard, I've really got no complaints, only compliments <:

Its definitely rekindled my desire for roleplay, I'm just waiting to see if it lasts.

I had stopped playing DayZRP for roughly six months due to the fact that it did feel stale. I came back because of the lore wipe and i can say that it has made me enjoy playing DayZRP once more. Rping with my group for the past few days has probably the most enjoyable time i have had on the server. So yes, i certainly am enjoying RP since the lore wipe

Compared to the somewhat cancerous RP that was occurring before the lore wipe, yes it has bought the community the breath of fresh air it needed.

Besides roaming around here and there for the old times sakes I abandoned roleplaying on dayz and in general for almost a year now, but I have to admit that since the lorewipe and joining the UN-Forces, even if soldier-rp was never really my thing, every day so far was an truely motivating experience filled with good and especially interesting RP, unique characters and an overall enjoyable 'cause realistic mindset within the community and server. :)

Bits and pieces were I thought "Really, only 20 days and we already reached this point", but meh - small irritations only so far.

I've had a couple of weird/shitty interactions, but for the most part I think people are getting the hang of the infection being new.

All in all, I think it was exactly what the community needed. I'm quite pleased 

Edited by Pussy

Hell yes, the CDF, UN, and VDV running around make it a lot more interesting

P.S. When is it expected that order outside the country will dissolve and the UN, VDV, and CDF will be pulled out of the country or left to die?

P.P.S. Also alot better than some people still go around acting normally instead of just focusing on survival and don't just go around shooting each other

Edited by Combatsmithen

I stopped playing about a month after I became an admin cause of workload IRL and on the forums, and after the Chicken Tendie war I left the community mainly because those who I enjoyed RPing with got uh, banned. 

Anyways, fast forward months later and this lore-wipe got me ingame and honestly I've never enjoyed RP this much since the old days. It's good shit, and Harvey is right that it's kinda depressing knowing the military have no idea what to do and the whole situation is fucked. I really hope once things crumble down completely that RP doesn't go tits up again. 

A few months back I took a break as I felt the standard of RP had just declined that it was no longer enjoyable. The past few days of being ingame though I have thoroughly enjoyed the RP I have received which has really motivated me to get back into DayZ.

Yeah its alright honestly. With the boys now have motivation to get in game, it's also gave me some push to try and make time out of my busy week to try and get on. 

Overall, dece

Reading these posts I'm very hopeful for when I return to the servers. I haven't had a whole lot of time to play, but I will admit I had a pretty long hiatus because of how stale the RP was becoming. Seems things have changed for the better :)

The lorewipe has been lit. The RP is fresh and more enjoyable compared to the stuff I was experiencing before the wipe.  pogchamp

Aside from people taking things really fast IC, like people already staking claims on territory and such, its great. I may be fairly new compared to a lot of people here to DayZ RP, but I'm in no way new to RP communities and this is by far the most stable and well maintained one at the moment. I love the lore wipe, especially since new players like me can build a story rather then being a gear in the system