Server time (UTC): 2020-08-03, 17:04
Sign in to follow this  
GaseousSnake

Post-lorewipe - Have you enjoyed it so far?

Has the lorewipe made DayZRP interesting once more, or is it the same old, same old?  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The lorewipe hit and a new era has started, bringing lots of events, lore factions and more to the table for those who felt like DayZRP was growing stale. (Me included) So, I felt like creating a thread for people to share their opinions on whether the new lore and events has brought a more enjoyable playing experience so far, or if it merely changed some backstory and nothing else, leaving the server with the same old stale RP. In my personal opinion, it has been a very welcome change of pace.

Feel free to share your opinions, experiences etc.

Hopefully no one created a thread like this post-LW yet. I checked to make sure.

Edited by Marcunt

So far yes.

However, i started noticing people turning into psychopaths once again and everyone declaring war between groups and soon it might turn into the same old thinks before the lore wipe.

1 minute ago, SmartyyZ said:

So far yes.

However, i started noticing people turning into psychopaths once again and everyone declaring war between groups and soon it might turn into the same old thinks before the lore wipe.

Shame. I haven't bumped into any psycho-characters yet, but war being declared between certain groups was a given since before the wipe hit. Some things will never change. Let's hope the LM-team continues to push out events to further the RP for those not included in the wars.

Laving itttt so far. Even though I have only played 2 days. Only had good experiences (except for that one dude who didn't understand that it was the beginning of an apocalypse). 

It got me back into playing and interested in dayz and dayzrp again.

I hope it will be a while before people start acting like they did before.

Yeah love the RP I've been having. i have my doubts that it will stay like this for a long time but I'm enjoying it while it lasts

Well honestly the war isn't really that bad IMO,

From what I have learned from IC/OOC gatherings, is that there are a few cultist who have declared war on CDF, and VDV. This the only thing I have seen war like, and the only thing I know is that they are taking automatics from Civs. Which IMO is not really that unbelievable, most wouldn't know how to shoot a gun depending really. 

Anyway, I have been enjoying myself by simply walking around and scavanaging things here and there. Running into people and I am slowly forming a small little group, and we will see where it leads. ^_^

I think everything is pretty solid right now, mainly because everyone is back putting good effort to their characters and their roleplay. The war on the CDC and VDV has been interesting so far and so have the psychopaths i've met.

The only one trollish event i've had was one guy who was probably new - he pretended to be a tire and never spoke. was weird.

4 minutes ago, Keione said:

The only one trollish event i've had was one guy who was probably new - he pretended to be a tire and never spoke. was weird.

Did you get his name? I wanna meet this legendary tire.

Just now, Marcunt said:

Did you get his name? I wanna meet this legendary tire.

lmao tbh we called the CDF on them so they weren't around long enough for me to catch it 

Just now, Keione said:

lmao tbh we called the CDF on them so they weren't around long enough for me to catch it 

Shame.

No, I haven't had a chance to get in game and try it, working on the back-end and website things most of my free time. Soon.

But it's nice to see that people are enjoying it :)

Just now, Marcunt said:

Shame.

you'll instantly know it's him because they claim he got beat with a baseball. yes, you read that right.

4 minutes ago, Keione said:

you'll instantly know it's him because they claim he got beat with a baseball. yes, you read that right.

I met a guy claiming just that. He never spoke, but didn't claim to be an inanimate object. Had a brother with him who spoke, though.

Edited by Marcunt

35 minutes ago, Keione said:

he pretended to be a tire and never spoke. was weird.

What a cyclical form of RP 

I have fairly enjoyed the rp so far alot of interesting interactions. hope it stays that way but i am enjoying it while i can

Just got DayZ'ed when a vehicle spun upon starting up and killed me. 4 hours down the drain :)

I really didn't manage to play a lot before LW but oh boy it has been tons of fun! The fact that people actually play the generic civilians is so enjoyable. For me at least. I kind of hope that the RP wouldn't go towards the old way for a while. Much :x for the LM team <3

yes

I'm loving all the interactions I've had so far. I've been lucky enough to encounter similar fresh mindframes of "what's going on, we don't know". People seem to have a genuine attitude of things 'just happening' with more civilians, people drafted,  etc... some better stories for sure. It's a whole new world

I've been pleasantly surprised at the interactions I've had thus far, however I'm already starting to notice the old super soldiers and borerline physcopaths which is somewhat discouraging. 

1 minute ago, PCJames said:

I've been pleasantly surprised at the interactions I've had thus far, however I'm already starting to notice the old super soldiers and borerline physcopaths which is somewhat discouraging. 

Soldiers are to be expected, considering the UN, CDF etc. roaming about. At this point in time, seeing lots of military makes sense. The psychopaths however I haven't noticed at all. Where do y'all go to find all these bad apples?

Edited by Marcunt

2 minutes ago, Marcunt said:

Soldiers are to be expected, considering the UN, CDF etc. roaming about. At this point in time, seeing lots of military makes sense. The psychopaths however I haven't noticed at all. Where do y'all go to find all these bad apples?

They can be found everywhere really it seems, not just the triangle but also out east. The soldiers I was referring to did not align with any known military power. They were simply heavily geared. Needless to say they were relieved of their heavy weaponry. 

Hell yea. I can roleplay now and not worry about being eaten alive or executed for no reason.

There definitely seems to be a gap between soldiers and civilians, my encounters so far have been with UN/CDF soldiers who have little clue to what is happening (Although they don't usually admit it) and citizens who flock to the UN encampment(s) looking for safety and answers. The reality of the situation and the unlikelihood of evacuation is starting to sink in for most. Certain soldiers have expressed discontent to the whole situation, setting the scene for what will become life for all current survivors. I've seen fear expressed both violently and hopelessly.

Honestly, it's a very depressing setting, and I love it for that, let's be honest in saying that would be the most realistic scenario given the circumstances. 

15 minutes ago, Banks said:

Hell yea. I can roleplay now and not worry about being eaten alive or executed for no reason.

i wouldn't be too quick on the eaten alive part.. shit's crazy out here