Server time: 2018-12-15, 17:21
Major

World Lore Thread - Broadcasts, Stories, Rumors and Facts

Nice to see the whole thing with pinning it on the Russians is more or less out of the window, gj Major and co. 

General Maddog mattis would not go need to go to hiding that for sure!

9 hours ago, Mexi said:

Nice to see the whole thing with pinning it on the Russians is more or less out of the window, gj Major and co. 

Yeah most people figured out pretty quick that it wasnt them. Of course the news did the propaganda two step on it. Lost traction as the situation got worse. 

9 hours ago, Red said:

@MajorJust a question. Will we read about countries such as North Korea, Japan, China in the oncoming lore broadcasts? Since The Netherlands & Germany are also a rather important countries of the NATO, i would love to read about them as well. 

A bigger info post detailing a lot of that will be posted within the next three days or so. Asia, the ME, Europe, etc.

I wish I had some leftover beans from earlier to give you for this post. Well done & well written, Major! ♥

World Lore Entry No. 4 - Wind of Change - September 30th, 2017

Spoiler

(hit play, adjust PC volume and read)

"The future's in the air, I can feel it everywhere, blowing with the wind of change..."

*as you cycle through the frequencies on your radio you come across one that contains a woman going on in Chernarussian and then in English about events outside South Zagoria. You stop to take a listen as the broadcast continues...*

.....---sshhhhhhhhhh-----.....destroying several government tanks on the edge of the protective barrier, and executing 32 CDF soldi----ssshhhhhh---before advancing on the "Workshop" on the outskirts of Kirovo-----sshhhhh----*transmission seems to clear*----this comes as President Kozlov announced the clearing of new plots of land for livestock just outside of the perimeter. Infected numbers in the area have been significantly thinned by the air force and the final variant of the chemical agent "RR" produced by government scientists and the UN. NATO forces have begun an investigation into the nuclear blast that took place in late July. Divers have managed to discover the epi-----ssshhhhh-------ast. Government supply drops to stranded forces near the Takistani border were seized by military forces of the newly declared Belozersk Federative Republic. A warplane from the besieged airbase was shot down by the militants, capturing and executing the pilot. This only served to escalate the conflict as Su-25s from Primorsk were spotted in the area shortly following the downing of the Mig-21. 

3f79bb5338.jpg

A local Right Sektor militia has vowed to drive the militants and the Takistani raiders back along with the infected in order to avenge the pilot. A category 2 horde has been moving west of South Zagoria towards Novigrad, but it is thought that it could head east, towards So----*the transmission is drowned in static*

*as you sit and eat lukewarm food out of a can you overhear a friend playing with a long-range receiver and listen in as he picks up some strange transmissions*

Anyway is the same way, the rule of all is one, the power of the free is a chain, the God of ligh---*the transmissions is cut out as your friend changes the frequency, "Fucking cult" he mutters as you both listen to a new frequency. He begins to cycle through many different ones, some punctuated by static and interference, some with warped voices and fairly audible noises.*

b909c32e1b.jpg

Mysterious Broadcast

*days later you pick up a TV broadcast from the United States*

"And now we go to our north Atlanta affiliate where the National Guard is pushing down I-85 from midtown in an attempt to secure the international airport: This is correspondant Kelley Pace for local station Fox 24 in Zone 17 of the East-Coast safezone. In recent days the National Guard has solidified recent gains in midtown, and has begun mobilizing for the push south down I-85 to secure the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, aswell as the Grady Memorial Hospital and several pockets of survivors and military forces. Taking the hospital and the pockets of survivors will be crucial to establish in-depth defense before moving on the airport, which was lost earlier this month during Hurricane Irma."

e4a621beea.png

"The army units holding the airport alongside many relief workers, Red Cross staff, and refugees lost contact during the storm, creating chaos and driving the infected into the northern section of the airport, resulting in the complete loss of all the UH-60 and CH-47 helicopters that have been heavily involved with relief and cleansing efforts in recent weeks. The remaining survivors have been forced into the commercial aircraft terminals to attempt to hold off the infected and prevent the complete fall of the strategic airport. The army hopes to re-take the airport to use as a springboard for future operations aimed at restoring the area west of Atlanta to civilization. Many people living inside the city were evacuated or fled to the countryside as urban areas and suburbs devolved into chaos, some staying behind and forming neighborhood watch programs which have held the line in many areas without power or proper army safezones."

a5ccdbe725.png

"In a disastrous turn of events an Army CH-47 Chinook helicopter went down over Dobbins Air Reserve base, resulting in the destruction of a number of other helicopters and an Air Force C-5 Super Galaxy, killing some 23 personnel in the conflagration. This event combined with the loss of Jackson-Hartsfield has significantly lessened the amount aircraft available that can be used to drop relief pallets and to transport troops and volunteers. Despite this many survivors continue to press on even outside the declared government zones, doing their best to keep them and their families safe. Large swathes of land lost to the infection have become fighting grounds for the living and the infected, many citizens establishing militias in rural areas to keep order given the absence of a functioning society. For Fox 24 this is correspondent Kelley Pace signing off---"

df5e3a825c.png

*you tune your radio to a frequency you found in an old Chernarussian radio station, and play around until you hear something in Russian. It seems to be a man speaking about something odd he witnessed*

"Вчера вечером на небе раздался взрыв и яркая вспышка. Он разбудил меня и мою бабушку и предупредил даже комендантский час армии. Это выглядело как ракета, направлявшаяся на юг к Чернарусу или Такистану. Кто-нибудь еще видел это? Они ничего нам не сказали."

7267036ea2.png

*Another broadcast can be heard, this one comes across as much more official than the last ones you have heard over the previous days. The voice of a man with a British accent making the broadcast sounds as if he is reading from a manuscript, but he sounds hurried and nervous.*

"NATO command has been moved from Mons, Belgium to Warsaw, Poland following the fall of the city. The UN general assembly has been moved to Switzerland, operations are being coordinated from there. No further assets are available for France or Belgium. Outbreaks in Spain have rendered the border porous, and following the----sshhhhhh----shhhhhh---zzzzttttt---efforts are being turned inward as the ability to send reinforcements to outside nations has been diminished. Only the Balkan and Eastern states along with the US and Russia are capable of sending any extra resources or troops at this present time. The situation in the Baltic and Scandinavian states is unclear, they focused efforts inward but as far as we know Estonian is the only nation in the Baltic that has stood to this point. Latvia and Lithuania have been decimated, and Russia has not sent any help and has maintained its extensive quarantine running from Finland to the Georgian border. Internal outbreaks have made this difficult, but the Russian Armed Forces have substituted for the spread out nature of their troops by deploying tactical ballistic missiles and FOABs against concentrations of infected on their borders."

90cc200ccc.png

"Ukrainian forces have made an unexpected comeback against the infection and have re-grouped around Lyiv, pushing east towards the capital. Units of the New Takistani Army have advanced towards Takmyr in an apparent declaration of war against the remaining forces of the US left in Takistan and in the nearby Green Sea. NATO and US forces are in the process of withdrawing from the country in order to establish a new stronghold elsewhere in the region. This attack has caught US forces off guard at a time when they are scattered and desperate to re-group. Russia holds all the cards in the Green Sea region, but their grip is slipping as they are forced to send more of their forces away from the borders to assist with unrest near Krasnodar. Despite this Russian forces have been observed massing assets at airfields, bases, and cities in the theater."

65ce0748e2.png

"NATO forces have occupied and secured the Bosphorus Strait and the outskirts of Istanbul, indicating a desire to retain access to the Green and Black Sea. The Russian Black Sea fleet has been rotated back and forth between Chernarus and Crimea in order to keep readiness high and crews alert and prepared. Crimea on the other hand has been turned into a fortress, avoiding the fate that many areas in Ukraine suffered. All transmissions emanating from Chernarus have suggested------sssshhhhhh------------zzzzzztttttttttt----"

*transmission cuts out*

94ff0598cc.jpg

Those from all walks of life have been forced to choose a new and uncertain path

damn.. that was a nice read. Goodjob Major. Maybe it is an good idea to post a map of Europe and the US to show the frontlines and places where the outbreak got out of control.

Just now, Spartan said:

damn.. that was a nice read. Goodjob Major. Maybe it is an good idea to post a map of Europe and the US to show the frontlines and places where the outbreak got out of control.

I thought about doing that. Maybe have NATO forces distribute a map of what you describe. Should be neat, might need some help to do it though. My graphics skills are rather bad.

Just now, Major said:

I thought about doing that. Maybe have NATO forces distribute a map of what you describe. Should be neat, might need some help to do it though. My graphics skills are rather bad.

Just tell me what you need photoshopped and I'll help you out ^^ 

I've got rid of a bunch of posts on this thread that had absolutely no point in being here. Take it as a gift, but next time I will be issuing points if posts like that continue to break forum rules. Keep this thread on topic so people don't have to sift through pages of shit to actually read some lore.

Seems pretty neat-o dorito.  (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ 

Also I liked the little (possibly accidental) TWD reference with the Grady Memorial Hospital.

8/10, good shit my dude

Nicely written as always, Major. <3

I really like writing about the chemical agent from the UN and CDF. I wish your lore was more greatly appreciated, honestly. Looking forward to more soon!

beautiful.

Keep up the great work You are the loremaster we all need but don't deserve.

1 minute ago, Sleepyhead said:

Nicely written as always, Major. <3

I really like writing about the chemical agent from the UN and CDF. I wish your lore was more greatly appreciated, honestly. Looking forward to more soon!

Thanks Sleepy.

If you want to see more on specific stuff let me know. I may do a radio chatter thing for Russia later. SoonTM.

Just now, Major said:

Thanks Sleepy.

If you want to see more on specific stuff let me know. I may do a radio chatter thing for Russia later. SoonTM.

Yeah, that's awesome. I like the gifs as well ;) 

You absolute mad-man..

This is actually really good, I agree with what Tachanka said above.

Yay! Updates on the West Coast! I can implement this into my character HUZZAH!

I'm enjoying the depth you're giving the lore with this, keep it up!

I appreciate the update Major. It's great as always

Thank you Major!

Just as an aside, there is a reference in this passage that is going to connect directly into an event that is going to take place sometime in December relating to the origin of the nuclear blast that occurred back in July, so stay tuned for that.

Oh I missed the last part! Great stuff again Major

This is great and really helps. For some it's just a few text blobs or blocks in a forum on first glance, but it can help create and paint a whole mindset and show the events and help build a scene or setting. Each entry is fascinating, to me anyway.

It's a shame we cannot see this covered even remotely due to the lack of many assets (just look at the UN evac thing alone). To some extend I feel we're still a bit too early. Just imagine the possibilities in later game versions and with modding being a thing where we could actually or potentially see more vehicle types, planes, humanoid NPCs maybe and a lot more. Maybe even new areas. Until then or regardless of that, I look forward to more entries.