Server time: 2018-12-15, 19:30
Sign in to follow this  
Major

DayZRP Community Lore - Post-Wipe

Lore Poll  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Tony said:

I can't help but notice a lack of where the infection came from

It is implied it was biological warfare, I think?

Just now, Taryn said:

It is implied it was biological warfare, I think?

Ehh who knows, might even be a good idea to even leave it open ended. Sometimes the mystery makes a better plot.

Yay we can do our chars and group lores to fit with this now yayyy

It's good imo good job LM team

22 minutes ago, Chief said:

we had to cut down the lore, and go through multiple edits. So keep in mind that the new lore is a smaller version because that is what rolle wanted.

It's still too long for me tbh, I despise reading :D 
But good work, gonna have to dread through this now to get my Group Lore up. ;) 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Ehh who knows, might even be a good idea to even leave it open ended. Sometimes the mystery makes a better plot.

I will say it is a huge story point, and it is like that for a reason.

*rubs hands together*

I'll read it when I get the time, just glad it's finally out. I heard something about a cruise trip? Great. Now my group will make even more sense. 

@Ark

I based my vote on what this version of the lore is for; a shortened and watered down version for the sake of the whitelist.  There are obviously still a few grammatical errors and such, but story wise it serves its purpose and is a pretty good story.  I'm excited to see the long and drawn out version.  It certainly passed expectations and I quite enjoy the excuses made for foreigners to be in the country.

Well done.

Just now, Shadows said:

I'll read it when I get the time, just glad it's finally out. I heard something about a cruise trip? Great. Now my group will make even more sense. 

@Ark

That's 3 cruise ships around Chernarus then?

People must love cold wind and rain lmao

52 minutes ago, Mexi said:

People take cruises to Alaska all the time. 

Just now, Chief said:

People take cruises to Alaska all the time. 

Strange people then.

4 minutes ago, Mexi said:

Our group is on a private yacht with a max capacity of about 50 people. I dunno about the others. 

Alright. I read it. Here's my feedback
This is my personal opinion so please don't shit on me guys. I'm just an innocent little phoenix.

I find it very complex to read and very hard to continue focusing on.
It may be my absolute lack of desire to ever read anything and preferably either put on an audio book or a movie instead of using my eyes, but I find that after I read one sentence, I'm struggling to focus on the next and remember what I read before. But then again, as I said. I always hated reading and would copy reading homework from my classmates in school. Just personal opinions I guess. I'm not someone that "enjoys to read stories" I'd much rather watch a movie about it instead and struggle a lot less to remember things.

You guys also know that I'm with Tony on the fact that I wasn't a fan of the infection starting in Chernarus. 
At the beginning, I was looking forward to a completely new Lore, where it started somewhere that isn't Chernarus, but oh well.

It's also too long for me, but then again that links with my first point :D 
I think it'd be a lot more interesting to me if there was an audio version of this, so I could listen to it over and over to memorize it instead of my eyes getting drowsey.

Now to the good bits

It's very well written for people that enjoy reading and it's very detailed and informative.
You guys did good, Big ass +1 to all of you for the work you put into this. You've got all my respect.

I might be tired, but I can't see how the outbreak started. Like Phoenix stated, it's pretty difficult to follow for a reason I'm unable to point out atm.

Edit: Nvm, I found shit about the virus, but it kinda gets thrown at you from out of nowhere, it seems. It goes from conflict and war to random zombie soldiers in the woods.

Edited by Marcoooz

3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I think it'd be a lot more interesting to me if there was an audio version of this, so I could listen to it over and over to memorize it instead of my eyes getting drowsey.

Calling in @Joffrey to make this happen.

55 minutes ago, Marcoooz said:

I might be tired, but I can't see how the outbreak started. Like Phoenix stated, it's pretty difficult to follow for a reason I'm unable to point out atm.

Some things are not stated for a reason. 

And we have our reasons for not including that.

things will happen in the future for you to see why the infection started...

3 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Calling in @Joffrey to make this happen.

Please. He has the perfect voice for that tbh.

FUCKING AMAZING!

Just now, Chief said:

Some things are not stated for a reason. 

And we have our reasons for not including that.

things will happen in the future for you to see why the infection started...

Would it be possible for you to state that in the text somehow? It was very confusing as a reader when I don't know what you just told me. Well written, but confusing first time looking at it.

Just now, Samti said:

That wasn't me saying I didn't believe him, I'm aware that people do it.

Just now, Marcoooz said:

Would it be possible for you to state that in the text somehow? It was very confusing as a reader when I don't know what you just told me. Well written, but confusing first time looking at it.

I agree. Very confusing but well written. At the same time I am struggling to keep interested whilst reading it. I can't "emerge" myself into the Lore.
Part of it has to do with my absolute hate for anything to do with Politics and the fact I just despise reading, but even then I still can not seem to focus on this enough to remember anything I just read. 

52 minutes ago, Marcoooz said:

that would ruin the secrecy and mystery associated with it. There is a reason for why we stated everything the way we did. If you didn't understand it on your first read, give it a few more onceovers. I am sure you will get it then :) 

Just now, Phoenix said:

I agree. Very confusing but well written. At the same time I am struggling to keep interested whilst reading it. I can't "emerge" myself into the Lore.
Part of it has to do with my absolute hate for anything to do with Politics and the fact I just despise reading, but even then I still can not seem to focus on this enough to remember anything I just read. 

They mentioned that the lore was cut down a lot, which might be the reason behind the big amount of warfare and less infection.

1 minute ago, Chief said:

that would ruin the secrecy and mystery associated with it. There is a reason for why we stated everything the way we did. If you didn't understand it on your first read, give it a few more onceovers. I am sure you will get it then :) 

Going through it as slow as a middle schooler, understanding more this time around.

Sign in to follow this