Server time: 2017-08-19, 20:44

Sign in to follow this  
Major

DayZRP Community Lore - Post-Wipe

Lore Poll  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts?

• Great! No changes needed.
    • Good, but could use some changes. (leave below)
    • I don't like it.

Beni    680
Posted (edited)

Finally. 

Nice work boys. 

Edited by Beni

Galaxy    338

*Generic comment about good read after 2 minutes of it coming out*

Nah but im sure its going to be good, time to read! Finally its out!!!!

Major    430

That moment when Lore gets posted and within 2 minutes there is already an "I don't like it". Who knew folks could read that fast. LOL :P

Beni    680
Just now, Major said:

That moment when Lore gets posted and within 2 minutes there is already an "I don't like it". Who knew folks could read that fast. LOL :P

Always will be people that mate, from what I've read over it looks all good. 

Major    430
Just now, Beni said:

Always will be people that mate, from what I've read over it looks all good. 

No I know I was just loling.

PCJames    153

I like it, for the purpose it serves, it excelled. I look very much forward to the expanded version when it's released. 

Chief    597

we had to cut down the lore, and go through multiple edits. So keep in mind that the new lore is a smaller version because that is what rolle wanted.

Goku    61
Just now, Chief said:

we had to cut down the lore, and go through multiple edits. So keep in mind that the new lore is a smaller version because that is what rolle wanted.

Wasn't the idea to make the lore as short as possible, then fill it with stuff that happens in game? i.e. two factions go to war, the victor is written into the lore? I could be wrong but I think I remember Rolle saying this a while ago.

Doc Holiday    155

Agreed, the lore is very well written and explains how the outbreak impacted Chernarus and the rest of the world, I just hope at some point we shall see a more in-depth lore regarding the history of Chernarus.

Oliv    1552
2 minutes ago, Chief said:

Indeed, scissors were taken to it multiple times. This is meant to be more of a condensed version to serve the whitelist purposes. This does not mean that there is not a more in depth version and accompaniments.

Static    231
Posted (edited)

@Major @Chief @Joules I like it!  A few questions:

1. Wouldn't NATO likely have had a multinational allotment of troops deployed in Chernarus?  Most permanent NATO bases are, after all.  It seems like you only mention US forces.
  2. In the expanded lore, do you mention more about NATO and CDF intervention in Takistan?  I want to make sure that my inclusion of NATO's Takistan activities is consistent.
  3. Is this a virus or an infection?  I want to make sure, as the two are biologically different and you use both terms interchangeably.
  4. So within two months, the entire world goes under?  It seems like an awfully rapid decline.  What timing is that based on?  CDC and WHO reports, or your own imaginations?
Edited by Static

Goku    61

Upon first inspection (bare in mind I read this quickly) I noticed two "errors" that I believe need fixing. Both appear in the introduction near the end, I'll provide the errors and the fixes below;

First

Current Wording = ‘and many citizens left to go western areas’

New Wording = ‘and many citizens left to go to western areas’

Second

Current Wording = ‘their belongings and vehicles behind to rot for fear of another civil war’

New Wording = ‘their belongings and vehicles left behind to rot for fear of another civil war’

Although I must say while these are small errors that are easily missed, the new lore has been written very well and provides a good amount of detail. Great work!

Joules    227
4 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Agreed, the lore is very well written and explains how the outbreak impacted Chernarus and the rest of the world, I just hope at some point we shall see a more in-depth lore regarding the history of Chernarus.

I took a break from working on Book of Chernarus in an effort to finish off this lore. We will get something more in depth. Now that this is out, I can be free to do it. 

Dew    213

Read it, seems fine.

4 minutes ago, Static said:

@Major @Chief @Joules I like it!  A few questions:

1. Wouldn't NATO likely have had a multinational allotment of troops deployed in Chernarus?  Most permanent NATO bases are, after all.  It seems like you only mention US forces.
  2. In the expanded lore, do you mention more about NATO and CDF intervention in Takistan?  I want to make sure that my inclusion of NATO's Takistan activities is consistent.
  3. Is this a virus or an infection?  I want to make sure, as the two are biologically different and you use both terms interchangeably.
  4. So within two months, the entire world goes under?  It seems like an awfully rapid decline.  What timing is that based on?  CDC and WHO reports, or your own imaginations?

The civil war happened in 2009, I don't see why there still would be troops there.

Lankin    102

For a whitelist Lore, this is very nice, gives people allot of opportunities with their characters. I like how the infection starts with Chernarus and Russia butting heads, theres an element of mystery in there, did the Russians do it to collapse Chernarus, was it something left behind by the USSR from ww2? Who knows, I am very much looking forward to the Lore+. Well done team!

PatZ    386

Good job on the new lore. 

Especially like the idea with the cruse ship, gives foreigners a good reason to be here.

Major    430
Just now, Static said:

@Major @Chief @Joules I like it!  A couple of questions:

2. In the expanded lore (because this is clearly a trimmed version), do you mention more about NATO and CDF intervention in Takistan?  I want to make sure that my inclusion of NATO's Takistan activities is consistent.

Yep, the Utes base is mostly US troops and those were the majority of troops that were sent to SZ. The Kirovograd base is mostly more Multinational, lots of French and Brits but also troops from other nations. 

Just refer to Bohemia's work on that. More to come for us.

Virus. Not bacteria.

The whole world doesn't go under, but do note that we mentioned the dead walk everywhere. They are there but the state of the world will be explained with lots of things and methods but we are not just going to lay the entire things out. Think Fear the Walking dead and the National guard camps for a basic theme or idea. People are going to fight back big time.

Tony    613
Posted (edited)

I can't help but notice a lack of where the infection came from, but I assume that will be told later. And you all know my opinion regarding Chernarus being the origin of the outbreak... gonna make it very difficult on us filthy foreigners wanting to ya know... -come here-, never mind outnumber the native player base 10 to 1...

BUT... for what it serves, it's short, simple and to a point. Very clear, very easy to understand. I would only ask for expansions on areas of the infection origin and of course why we're not simply nuked to contain this, because there's quick and then there's this quick were nothing is done other than a temp box in and 'oh too late, we're all dead.'

It's a good story and all, but there's holes. It's said itself in the lore here, massive traffic jams, people trying to get out.  Wouldn't it have been better if people were trying to get in instead? Yeah there was wars and what not, but compared to the infection itself... ehhh... I'll take my chances anywhere that isn't there.

I appreciate the hard work though and I like a short simplified version. But, it is what it is.  

Edited by Tony

Bazz    212

ooooooooooooooo cheeky

Major    430

I am going to highlight some bits and add some clarification to the infection, how it spreads, and other things + grammar.

Taryn    197

I took my lunch break to read this. As I sit here, enjoying cubed mango, I am also enjoying the beginning of a great lore. You guys did great.