Server time: 2017-08-19, 18:47

Sign in to follow this  
Taryn

The Riptide Collective - Post-LW W.I.P

Taryn    195
Posted (edited)

“Do not turn your back on the ocean, for its true depths are unknown.”

596d71a55c692_TheRiptideCollective.png.f44a2219f2f01c30cde7b6b36fec4598.png

The story begins with a party cruise that left the harbors of Istanbul, Turkey.

The Riptide was a large Karışık durum, also known as a luxurious yacht, spanning about 80 meters in length. It was owned by a premier entertainment company that boasts lively elite parties for A-list celebrities and their friends. This particular party cruise was headed for Batumi, Georgia, departing its port on the evening of July 11th. Supposedly a one-week excursion through the Black Sea along the coast of Turkey, the cruise never made it to its destination. About one day into the journey, the ship was only halfway to its intended port when reports of the initial outbreak occurred. Unfortunately, while things on land progressively worsened, the fate of the yacht was no different.

Before the ship departed its harbor, there were a few people who unwittingly were exposed to the infection in Istanbul. The first was a woman who boarded the ship with little to no symptoms but within twenty hours, she would cause almost all of the people on board to become infected. Onboard, she would hook up with a man, who later shared a drink with another woman, who would kiss another and so on. Between quick hookups, making out, snorting cocaine and sharing drinks, it quickly manifested in many.

Throughout the night, party-goers were retiring to their cabins due to sudden headaches and nausea. They would lock themselves in and while hidden away they would crop up with rashes and ocular bleeding, as well as coughing up blood. In the late hours of the evening, the infection would take complete hold of its host. Those who were unlucky enough to have come in contact would become ravenous and aggressive. Their behavior reminiscent of rabid animals. Some of these infected were released from their key-locked rooms accidentally and began attacking all those within sight. Those who were fast enough to lock themselves in some other rooms were spared, while others who were caught off guard were quickly ripped apart and devoured.

While most of the ship’s crew and passengers were hiding away and being picked off one by one, others decided it was time to fight back. They began to hunt down and kill those who looked infected or too injured to live. After a three hour fight, in the wee hours of the morning, the ship had been recovered. Those onboard were not infected, and the dead had been thrown overboard.

They discussed their options and found that there were few. They could take the ship to shore and find help, but no one knew how to pilot it, really. Few dared say that dreaded z-word. What if there were more? How long could they last without more supplies? They would need to fix their radio for sure. One by one, they had been delegated their duties by one person who seemed to place himself in the lead and rightfully so. Garrett Mercer took on the mantle. He was headstrong, dominant and intelligent enough to assign duties where they need be assigned. Those around fell in line easily.

After a short while, the radio had been fixed and broadcasts in broken English and Chernarussian were being picked up. They spoke of quarantines, aggressive attacks from ‘rabid’ and ‘infected’ human beings. They were speculating this was an act of biological warfare. Someone wanted Chernarussia to suffer a great loss. That was what they had gathered based on the chatter from civilian radio carriers. Their decision was made. They would hold out until the radio chatter stopped mentions of hostility or their food and water ran out. Sadly, it was the latter.

After some time consulting one another, they figured out how to pilot the ship as best they could. It was slow going at first, but they learned quickly. Cutting across the Black Sea to the Green Sea, they found themselves in sight of a jetty. What they first thought to be thunder in the distance soon became an ominous expression of the loss of civilization and modern man. As the fog cleared and land became a bit more visible, the early evening of the 18th, the sky was alight with explosions. The sounds were distant but audible as the air rumbled angrily around them. All they could do was watch in horror as what they imagined to be hundreds and thousands of innocent lives were turned to cinders and ash. They couldn’t dock now. Really they couldn’t move the boat or risk becoming a target themselves. Instead, they stay put, keeping an eye on things from a good, safe distance.

Eventually, they explosions did stop. The Riptide landed somewhere along the coast of South Zagoria on the morning of July 19th. Within moments they realized that the world as they thought they knew it was over. The beach was empty, at first, but the sound of their poorly ported ship hitting a sandbar and becoming stranded seemed to be pulling the infected from the treelines just as the survivors disembarked and ended up in the waters off the shore. Soon they were being attacked again. A few more of the group of a dozen or so were taken and destroyed by the rabid monsters.

The rest of the passengers of the Riptide fought or fled, but as they pressed inland, they found cars strewn over the roads. There were puddles of dried blood and scattered body parts. There was a broken sort of silence. Flies, crows, and rats dotted carcasses as the carcasses dotted the landscape. It was carnage. Still, they pressed on. Eventually, they escaped the smell of the rotting flesh and the sound of the infected and random gunfire in the distance. Finally, they found silence and solace in the trees somewhere deep in the wood of South Zagoria. They needed to find food, water and a safe place to sleep now that the boat was unsafe. Where would they go now?

Please message Taryn Allegheny or Raptor for more information.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

596d6fc66a907_TheSurvivors.png.3b33913f052285b53015c3a5ef23b03e.png

Garrett Mercer ( @Raptor )

Taryn Allegheny ( @Taryn )

Ezekiel Venzor ( @knightcrasht )

Oliver Green ( @CorbSlayer )

Joshua Tone ( @Species )

Samia "Sam" Mallek ( @WulfeGirl )

Tom deBenedict ( @DoAxKenney )

Rysen Cogburn ( @neckrorazul )

Richard Adkins ( @Randle )

Evelyn Adams ( @Bizbok )

Niall MacNeil ( @Macbrine )

Lucky (PENDING)

Jake Walford (PENDING)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friendly.jpg.fdf83c405d30235094c1dcc503543802.jpg

Neutral.jpg.dd46174c672fdb7c54913218b7158a3f.jpg

Enemies.jpg.4d4e7e9d6f84391c97ee5919e6690242.jpg

596d6fc295ffb_GroupGoals.png.9b8ba23352b21f5867a513e81a109fe9.png

1. Recruit other suitable additions to the group.

2. Find or make a properly safe settlement that is self-sufficient.

3. Gather and stock plentiful resources.

4. Find a way out of the country.

5. Survive in any way possible.

596d6fc4293d7_OOCGoals.png.c52dd0f2fda5bc18d84b877592571133.png

1. Provide immersive, quality RP for all players.

2. Build great story lines and connect with groups across the server.

3. Set a good example for new players as they arrive, and possibly provide support and learning experiences.

4. Maintain an environment that feels fun and is engaging, while keeping with the setting of the Apocalypse and its conditions.

596d6fc4d94ec_OurRules.png.7dec1430677f2fe68832b00a86ad243b.png

• All DayZ ToS and Rules must be followed at all times.

• You, as a member, must strive to provide a good example as a player (Not necessarily as a character) to the best of your ability. Failure to do so may result in OOC removal.

• Roleplay is Paramount. PvP is secondary.

• Please follow your character’s thematic guidelines. As an example; A homemaker would have little to no knowledge of guns or military tactics, or vice-versa.

• Roleplay actions will determine IC consequences. You consent to the possibility of perma-death by joining this group. +

+(More may be added as needed.)

596d6fc3655dd_HowtoJoin.png.520d38c3e553e7cc90610e9fe4925acd.png

Contact @Taryn Allegheny or @Raptor for information, or try to find them In Game.

RECRUITMENT STATUS:

CLOSED

riptideresize.png.170075b443d86b9eb089dccdc48eae5a.png

Edited by Taryn
Fixing some shizz

PCJames    153

I like it, especially the group rules section. Good luck with this guys

Taryn    195

@PCJames Thank you ^__^

Majoo    642

Good luck with the group.

One thing I'd point out straight.

6 minutes ago, Taryn Allegheny said:

All DayZ ToS and Rules must be followed at all times.

Is that group rule necessary? I believe that this is a pretty obvious thing that goes for everyone here. Correct me if I'm wrong. :) 

Taryn    195
1 minute ago, Majoo said:

Good luck with the group.

One thing I'd point out straight.

Is that group rule necessary? I believe that this is a pretty obvious thing that goes for everyone here. Correct me if I'm wrong. :) 

You'd be surprised. What it's meant to say is if you're caught breaking TOS, and have been banned, even temporarily, you will be removed from the group.

Phoenix    1048

Good Luck. 

Spartan    1003

nice to see a group that will make a settlement. The thread can use some fancy graphics though. Best of luck!

Beni    680

The fact that you copy righted this blows my fucking mind. 

Devlol    2

Very interesting and unique, looking forward to potentially meeting you guys IG.

Phoenix    1048
28 minutes ago, Beni said:

I was gonna point that out. It's kinda weird...

Grimnir    587

This sounds pretty nice, who knows maybe we will have some common interests. ;)

Your rules are pretty obvious, kinda sad that it is still necessary to write them down. lol

Skinner    435

Big respect for the permadeath stipulation, as one of the people who gets way too attached to their character I have to give props to people who are willing to join a group where they know they could have their story ended at any time. That's awesome.

So I'm curious why the cruise ship was sunk? The wording makes it look intentional and carried out by a military naval vessel of some kind, but it makes no mention of who sunk them or why. Is this something that will be expanded upon when the official lore is released?

Taryn    195
10 hours ago, Beni said:

When the full lore was there, it was necessary. Now, not so much. 

9 hours ago, TheMatt924 said:

Big respect for the permadeath stipulation, as one of the people who gets way too attached to their character I have to give props to people who are willing to join a group where they know they could have their story ended at any time. That's awesome.

So I'm curious why the cruise ship was sunk? The wording makes it look intentional and carried out by a military naval vessel of some kind, but it makes no mention of who sunk them or why. Is this something that will be expanded upon when the official lore is released?

We plan to expound once official lore is released. We originally wrote it as you guessed but the lore team explained that the ship will not be sunk that way and asked us politely to wait. 

Phoenix    1048
2 hours ago, Taryn Allegheny said:

When the full lore was there, it was necessary. Now, not so much. 

TBH No group has ever copyrighted their Group before..

Taryn    195
Just now, Phoenix said:

TBH No group has ever copyrighted their Group before..

I'm not copyrighting the group itself... I'm copyrighting the lore, which isn't present, but if it's to be a problem, i'll remove the damn thing. 

Phoenix    1048
Just now, Taryn Allegheny said:

I'm not copyrighting the group itself... I'm copyrighting the lore, which isn't present, but if it's to be a problem, i'll remove the damn thing. 

I don't really care what you do with your group I'm just saying it's extremely weird to copyright something on an online gaming community xD 

Taryn    195
Just now, Phoenix said:

I don't really care what you do with your group I'm just saying it's extremely weird to copyright something on an online gaming community xD 

I've had my writing stolen before, and almost went through litigation because of it. I do it because of paranoia.

Taryn    195

@Spartan Added a few shitty ones. 

Eh. 

Taryn    195

Update: Lore added. 

Species    237

Issa me, Whitey

SmartyyZ    152

Good luck with this.

Taryn    195
7 hours ago, SmartyyZ said:

Good luck with this.

Thanks a bunch. Good luck wherever you end up. ?

Taryn    195

Update: Lore Updated with Official LW Lore released.

PCJames    153

Story additions are truly remarkable. I really look forward to seeing how this group progresses in game. 

Taryn    195
Just now, PCJames said:

Story additions are truly remarkable. I really look forward to seeing how this group progresses in game. 

Thank you, i really appreciate it, i've been busting my ass. lol