Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Mexi

PR Team?

Question

Mexi    1291
Posted (edited)

Hi.

Basically title says it all really, why are we waiting on such a large part of the staff team to come around again?
We're coming up on a lore wipe and it's the middle of the damn summer and yet we're experiencing low numbers.. Surely it's about time we 
get people in to take over the PR section and get some new people in..

Question is; when are we getting a PR team and will it be for the lore wipe?

Edit: tbh this is mostly aimed at Admins but feel free to throw in a paragraph attempting to answer.

Edited by Mexi

26 answers to this question

Oliv    1878

Haven't honestly thought about it. For me it might depend how much the community wants to shit on who ever we might choose to be part of a PR team. :)

Voodoo    487

Ive already brought this up with Rolle via a PM. We need a PR team for the next step.

i offered to help out but apparently according to him i dispise the community ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

WilliAM    431

Agreed. Many people think "Oh the lorewipe is gonna bring back loads of people". Unfortunately I don't think that's the case. The servers barely are full anymore, and I see the admins doing little about it. 

SmartyyZ    156

This is actually great idea... The population of the servers isn't that great as it was before few months and I think PR team might actually help.

Mexi    1291
9 minutes ago, Oliv said:

Haven't honestly thought about it. For me it might depend how much the community wants to shit on who ever we might choose to be part of a PR team. :)

Get them to work with Jim, surely he would like to get more involved.. Somehow, but don't let him choose who.. Friends don't usually offer the best work ethic when it comes to this.

Admin team should be thinking about it seeing as the main influx of players comes from content providers.

Oliv    1878
13 minutes ago, Mexi said:

Get them to work with Jim, surely he would like to get more involved.. Somehow, but don't let him choose who.. Friends don't usually offer the best work ethic when it comes to this.

Admin team should be thinking about it seeing as the main influx of players comes from content providers.

I can honestly say I didn't think about this, but I'll give it some thought at least. At the moment, I want to get the lore wipe off my plate first, but can't be any harm in looking into this again.

JAMMIELAD    197

Get a new team in. A new team that actually keeps stuff up to date, uses the twitter handle, posts updates every now and again and get a new trailer in that best shows the grittiest side of the upcoming roleplay. Get GOOD streamers who can actually roleplay and takes it seriously instead of fucking about on their stream (which by the way doesn't give a good image to us if you can imagine). 

Take the role seriously, work closely with the LM's to sort out events and advertise them and such. I think if it's shown to the community and outside of it that work is being done there should not be too much of a problem. 

But with what @Olivsaid

23 minutes ago, Oliv said:

Although I agree with what he said to an extent, it's sad that this is a general mentality regarding the PR aspect of things. Let's at least try and change that, yeah?

Marcunt    239

-USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST-

Voodoo    487
Posted (edited)

ce45160a50.png

So basically anyone that wants to be a PR team member just send in an application. As long as you are reliable, dependable and don't despise the community you're in with a shot ;)

Does this answer your question?

Edited by Voodoo

Major    631

We have a little bit of time to get a good team together. We could start promoting the Wipe and pming folks and doing that sort of thing. Can't just count on wipe to get numbers we need to bring folks back and start pming salty vets and so on.

Western    500
Posted (edited)

Now personally I asked about this when it got taken down, found here . And since its been take down Ive said to bring it back. Like you said @Mexi its summer. People aren't in college they have time to play.

My Reason was that I was helping/sending @JimRP twitch and youtube accounts that I felt would be bendable towards the community. I would spend 3 to for hours searching for people and watching their streams and videos most days. I would like this to come back as it would affect the server and bring players and maybe get the overall player base of DayZ back up from around 7000 from the last time I check because people see their favourite YouTubers playing DayZ and it's role play so they could get into as well if they wanted to. So I am 100% bringing this back and getting a team together.

I've in contact with streamers and some YouTubers that I could possibly ask again to come over for the lore wipe.

Edited by Western

Keira    1450

Its hard to get streamers and stuff to stream here simply for the fact that DayZ itself has low numbers and a low amount of players and people watching in general, not just here.

Randle    928
6 hours ago, Oliv said:

They only tend to get shit on when they have the tag and don't do anything at all PR wise.

Keira    1450
3 minutes ago, Randle said:

They only tend to get shit on when they have the tag and don't do anything at all PR wise.

Or just for being female but creeps who ask girls for nudes over twitter are somehow prized by some in this community and put on some sort of pedestal.

But that's none of my business.

Randle    928
Just now, Keira said:

Or just for being female but creeps who ask girls for nudes over twitter are somehow prized by some in this community and put on some sort of pedestal.

But that's none of my business.

Think you've taken it out of context but sure.

Keira    1450
1 minute ago, Randle said:

Think you've taken it out of context but sure.

I'm not saying you have. Just saying from my experience.

Skinner    500

I can't speak for anyone else besides myself, but I have barely been in game the past week or two because I've been fleshing out my post lore-wipe character and going crazy planning my group. I've got approximately 30 people who are just as hyped as I am and will be active in game quite a lot as soon as that day comes. I know it doesn't answer your PR question, but I hope that at least somewhat alleviates the low numbers in the summer concern. I'm sure my group isn't the only one in this sort of holding pattern.

All the PR in the world probably isn't going to help motivate people to get in game so push the story for a character who will be gone in a week. That sense of permanency is critical to a lot of people. The only real motivation for me to get in game at this point is to RP out an end that is suitable to Doctor West.

Oliv    1878
4 hours ago, Randle said:

It's attitudes like that, that people were so misinformed about, that did the PR team in. Makes me really wanna bring this thing back, thanks for making it clear in that decision Randle.  

@Mexi I hope this helps answer your question. 

Mexi    1291
33 minutes ago, Oliv said:

@Mexi I hope this helps answer your question. 

It doesn't, at all.

11 hours ago, Mexi said:

Question is; when are we getting a PR team and will it be for the lore wipe?

That was my question, not why haven't we got one.

Randle isn't that wrong, other than twitter being more active the majority of PR teams in the past brought basically no content creators so with the little effort in the past he has a right to be a little sceptical about the PR team as we all do.

Back to the question though and please don't sway from the answer for a little back and fourth as seen above.. Looking for an answer not a little bitch fit between people, thanks.

JimRP    171

When I am back from vacations I will be resuming my PR duties and I will be bringing some content creators to DayZRP.

Mexi    1291
10 hours ago, JimRP said:

When I am back from vacations I will be resuming my PR duties and I will be bringing some content creators to DayZRP.

We've heard this, plenty of times and we haven't seen a soul.
Perhaps bringing in a team would benefit you and the rest of the community.

Banks    52

I will volunteer to help with whatever is needed PR wise. Hit me up.

Western    500
7 minutes ago, Banks said:

Me to, sign me up to

Mexi    1291
1 hour ago, Banks said:

1 hour ago, Western said:

Me to, sign me up to

Applications are done just the same way as staff applications, this ain't a conscription thread lads.

Banks    52
1 hour ago, Mexi said:

Applications are done just the same way as staff applications, this ain't a conscription thread lads.

Thank you. I had no idea that was how things are done around here. +1

72Ade-q1.jpg